Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? 09:39 - Nov 24 with 8697 viewsBadgeman

Are there any protests planned for this Saturdays home game? I think it's painfully obvious that the old owners and the new ones are completely taking the p1ss out of us. I mean this week they thought that it would be fine to reappoint that fat c**t Dineen. What f**king cheek. I love the trust but rightly or wrongly, they are sitting on their hands at the minute. We need to start direct action now.

I suggest we walk out on the 19th minute, making a huge racket for world audiences to see. We then return 12 minutes later making an even bigger racket. Just a suggestion, unless anyone's got better ideas?

I read somewhere about bringing a bottle of water to the stadium with you so the club has to clear up the mess. Anything will do. Burn the money off them. Make a scene. F**k do something but co-ordinate.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 09:42 - Nov 24 with 5759 viewsraynor94

That will really help the team in an absolute must win game, there's a time and place for protest, during a game is obviously not one of them

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 09:44 - Nov 24 with 5750 viewsLeonWasGod

I'd change the title of the thread though. Telling people to leave at 19:12 will confuse the hell out of the East Standers, considering the game kicks off at 15:00

I wouldn't do anything that affects the team given how finely balanced things are (if results go our way on Saturday we could be within 3 pts of escaping the bottom 3), but each to their own.
Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 09:44 - Nov 24 with 5747 viewslifelong

Can I suggest we all stay in the stadium and get behind the team.
Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 09:46 - Nov 24 with 5732 viewsshandyjack

maybe it's just me, but i think this all seems very premature. We have had a bad start to the season and a lot has gone on behind the scenes, BUT lets wait and see what the owners have planned in January in terms of spending. We have 7 winnable fixtures out of 8 leading into Jan 4th.
For now I just think we should give the players on the field our full backing and see where we are end of January.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 09:48 - Nov 24 with 5721 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 09:42 - Nov 24 by raynor94

That will really help the team in an absolute must win game, there's a time and place for protest, during a game is obviously not one of them

Indeed. One thing we know from experience is that the Palace support will be noisy throughout.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 09:55 - Nov 24 with 5698 viewsjacabertawe

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 09:55 - Nov 24 with 5698 viewsBadgeman

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 09:46 - Nov 24 by shandyjack

maybe it's just me, but i think this all seems very premature. We have had a bad start to the season and a lot has gone on behind the scenes, BUT lets wait and see what the owners have planned in January in terms of spending. We have 7 winnable fixtures out of 8 leading into Jan 4th.
For now I just think we should give the players on the field our full backing and see where we are end of January.

Fair but what happens if we stay up by the skin of our sh*t again? Do we just sit down and shut up.

Wouldn't be surprised if they loan Borja out, sell Gylfi and Montero and replace them with cheap cart horses. The Yanks make their money whether we stay up or go down.

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 09:57 - Nov 24 with 5685 viewsdickythorpe

Sad times.
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 09:58 - Nov 24 with 5687 viewsshandyjack

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 09:55 - Nov 24 by Badgeman

Fair but what happens if we stay up by the skin of our sh*t again? Do we just sit down and shut up.

Wouldn't be surprised if they loan Borja out, sell Gylfi and Montero and replace them with cheap cart horses. The Yanks make their money whether we stay up or go down.

Fair but what happens if we stay up by the skin of our sh*t again? Do we just sit down and shut up

Then it would depend on the business and actions they make in the summer window.

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 10:03 - Nov 24 with 5663 viewsawayjack

Premature? Don't you think the player sales and profiteering last Summer, shambolic managerial appointment and the disgusting treatment of the Trust and fans makes it pretty clear what their plans are? Why wait - these guys have done nothing other than take money and assets out of the club. Haven't put a bean in and will not do unless it's loans at outrageous interest terms.
Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 10:10 - Nov 24 with 5631 viewsshandyjack

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 10:03 - Nov 24 by awayjack

Premature? Don't you think the player sales and profiteering last Summer, shambolic managerial appointment and the disgusting treatment of the Trust and fans makes it pretty clear what their plans are? Why wait - these guys have done nothing other than take money and assets out of the club. Haven't put a bean in and will not do unless it's loans at outrageous interest terms.

"Don't you think the player sales and profiteering last Summer"
I don't think the Yanks were behind any of the decisions made in the summer on a player fornt, they left it all in the hands of Huw

"shambolic managerial appointment "

Guidolin was Huw's man, Bradley the jury is still out after only 5 games it's too early to judge(although early signs are not great)

"disgusting treatment of the Trust and fans makes it pretty clear what their plans are"
I agree i am appalled by the treatment of the trust but what will a protest on Saturday do to help the team when all energy and focus should be on the game

Look i am in no way saying that i am happy, but i think that with them only being in control for 5 months so far it's too early to say how it's going to go and for now we should just focus on supporting the team through this patch

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 10:14 - Nov 24 with 5625 viewsBadgeman

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 10:03 - Nov 24 by awayjack

Yep.

Lied to the trust several times. Not a whiff of any so called investment yet. Made a net profit on summer transfers after selling 2 of our best players. Sacked the manager after a handful of games, replaced him with a yank puppet who wouldn't get a job interview in the championship. At the minute the only transfer speculation is linking us with more average Americans.

But no, lets wait and see if they come up with the goods. It's still too early to tell.

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 10:17 - Nov 24 with 5612 viewsmax936

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 09:44 - Nov 24 by lifelong

Can I suggest we all stay in the stadium and get behind the team.

I dunno what the answer is, but the only chance we'll get is when we're in the Stadium have time the people that matter won't be in their seats or before the game, I fully agree that we've all got to give as much support to the team as we can when the game is on.

Perhaps the direct action we need is to demonstrate outside the main entrance on the West Stand, but that could pose other problems such as causing an obstruction which will bring in the Police, which won't do our cause anygood, if people go over the top and get themselves arrested, Its all down to the Trust and we have to support them and be strong in doing so and they the same whether its the legal route or not, but action is well overdue now.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 10:17 - Nov 24 with 5607 viewsshandyjack

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 10:14 - Nov 24 by Badgeman

Yep.

Lied to the trust several times. Not a whiff of any so called investment yet. Made a net profit on summer transfers after selling 2 of our best players. Sacked the manager after a handful of games, replaced him with a yank puppet who wouldn't get a job interview in the championship. At the minute the only transfer speculation is linking us with more average Americans.

But no, lets wait and see if they come up with the goods. It's still too early to tell.

" Not a whiff of any so called investment yet"
Still another 6 weeks till the window opens

"Made a net profit on summer transfers after selling 2 of our best players"
Both players wanted to leave and Huw was trusted to replace them

" Sacked the manager after a handful of games, replaced him with a yank puppet who wouldn't get a job interview in the championship"
Huw hired a man who shouldn't have been given the job initially, Bradley the jury is still out, it's only been 5 games

"But no, lets wait and see if they come up with the goods. It's still too early to tell."
I'd suggest 5 months is too early myself when they've not even had a transfer window to settle in

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 10:18 - Nov 24 with 5604 viewsfather_jack

ridiculous suggestion with the enormity of the game. protest by not going and giving the ticket to your mate or something.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 10:28 - Nov 24 with 5568 viewsWarwickHunt

Bless.
Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 10:49 - Nov 24 with 5521 viewsMurph75

If people are going to protest it would be much better to do so with their wallets.

Rather than disrupt the playing side of things that lets be honest mostly go unnoticed after a brief period of time.

How about people don't spend money in the club shop on match day or buy any food or beer before kick off and during half time.
Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 11:27 - Nov 24 with 5434 viewsyescomeon

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 10:49 - Nov 24 by Murph75

If people are going to protest it would be much better to do so with their wallets.

Rather than disrupt the playing side of things that lets be honest mostly go unnoticed after a brief period of time.

How about people don't spend money in the club shop on match day or buy any food or beer before kick off and during half time.

Don't the money from the food and drink go to the company that manages the stadium?

Upthecity!

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 12:15 - Nov 24 with 5353 viewsGowerjack

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 10:10 - Nov 24 by shandyjack

"Don't you think the player sales and profiteering last Summer"
I don't think the Yanks were behind any of the decisions made in the summer on a player fornt, they left it all in the hands of Huw

"shambolic managerial appointment "

Guidolin was Huw's man, Bradley the jury is still out after only 5 games it's too early to judge(although early signs are not great)

"disgusting treatment of the Trust and fans makes it pretty clear what their plans are"
I agree i am appalled by the treatment of the trust but what will a protest on Saturday do to help the team when all energy and focus should be on the game

Look i am in no way saying that i am happy, but i think that with them only being in control for 5 months so far it's too early to say how it's going to go and for now we should just focus on supporting the team through this patch

Bradley - "the jury is still out"

Dear God.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 12:22 - Nov 24 with 5323 viewsunion_jack

How about a good old fashioned chant. The team need to know the support is there for them but the message needs to get to the unmentionables that they are persona non grata.

So, how about this:

This crowd's behind you
This crowd's behind you
Not the new owners
Nor Dineen or Huw

Needs a bit of stage direction. Lines one and two point at the pitch. Lines 3 and 4 at the Directors box.

If there's nothing else, I'll get my coat!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 12:30 - Nov 24 with 5297 viewsQuakerJack

Why not back the players to the hilt... Sing, chant and shout... Give them the biggest backing any Swans team has ever had.... If they still play crap then they clearly dont get anything from the crowd so it wont make a difference if we protest during the next game?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 12:34 - Nov 24 with 5283 viewsMurph75

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 11:27 - Nov 24 by yescomeon

Don't the money from the food and drink go to the company that manages the stadium?

Regardless of who the money goes to it's a much better solution to a protest. If there is to be one.

Much better than walking out or heaping more pressure on the current bunch of under performing primadonna's we've currently got playing for us.
Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 12:35 - Nov 24 with 5276 viewsJack_Kass

I think everyone is capable of a walk out at 19:12, I'd bet you a million quid that there'll be nobody in the stadium at that time.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 12:35 - Nov 24 with 5272 viewswaynekerr55

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 12:22 - Nov 24 by union_jack

How about a good old fashioned chant. The team need to know the support is there for them but the message needs to get to the unmentionables that they are persona non grata.

So, how about this:

This crowd's behind you
This crowd's behind you
Not the new owners
Nor Dineen or Huw

Needs a bit of stage direction. Lines one and two point at the pitch. Lines 3 and 4 at the Directors box.

If there's nothing else, I'll get my coat!

Great shout.

Hopefully Gonzo and Henry Crabbe will get the message and F*CK RIGHT OFF!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Stadium protest? 19:12 Walkout? on 13:10 - Nov 24 with 5158 viewsLoyal

I would Imagine stuff is planned.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024