Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Police going to food banks 19:25 - Jun 29 with 4708 viewsKeithHaynes

The starting pay in my old county of Gloucestershire where I lived for a bit is £19,350 - £19,900
Feature on it tonight on the bbc west news. Some forces go as high as 21,250 apparently.

For the first year that’s a gross of around £1600 a month before tax and NI.
Plus 14% on average in to their police pension ( now 35 years )

That’s around £300 a week. Or £350 if your partying on £21,000 ish.

It does go up in increments after year 3, but could anyone survive on that ?

As I said some officers going to food banks and the federation are issuing them with food tickets.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Police going to food banks on 19:27 - Jun 29 with 2143 views73__73

Why are people singing up for that money ?
If people didn’t sign up, then no doubt the money would go up to attract people.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Police going to food banks on 19:29 - Jun 29 with 2153 viewsonehunglow

Easy job though

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Police going to food banks on 19:33 - Jun 29 with 2145 viewsKeithHaynes

Police going to food banks on 19:27 - Jun 29 by 73__73

Why are people singing up for that money ?
If people didn’t sign up, then no doubt the money would go up to attract people.

I would say they do it because they either want to see ‘what it’s like’ to having a lifetimes aspiration to be one. Family traditions etc. if they stick it our for five years they can be on £28k and after seven years £38k

But of course as for everyone it comes with tax and NI and that incredibly high pension payment they have to make if they are in the scheme. I would imagine many aren’t.

Police going to food banks on 19:45 - Jun 29 with 2117 viewsbuilthjack

Others will be on less than a tenner an hour,get no overtime, basic pension, state sickness pay which is bugger all with nowt for the first 3 days etc etc, 20 days holiday at best.
They are the ones we should be sorry for.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Police going to food banks on 19:51 - Jun 29 with 2103 viewscontroversial_jack

They shouldn't vote Conservative then
Police going to food banks on 20:27 - Jun 29 with 2077 viewsonehunglow

Police going to food banks on 19:51 - Jun 29 by controversial_jack

They shouldn't vote Conservative then

Indeed they should not if they imagine they are pro Police.I saw through this right at the start.
Sadly,Labour MP queue up to defend the shite that commit crime.

Ordinary people /vulverable people should never vote Labour .

Innit

Police going to food banks on 20:33 - Jun 29 with 2065 viewscontroversial_jack

Police going to food banks on 20:27 - Jun 29 by onehunglow

Indeed they should not if they imagine they are pro Police.I saw through this right at the start.
Sadly,Labour MP queue up to defend the shite that commit crime.

Ordinary people /vulverable people should never vote Labour .

Innit

You get what you vote for.
Police going to food banks on 20:39 - Jun 29 with 2057 viewsKeithHaynes

Police going to food banks on 20:33 - Jun 29 by controversial_jack

You get what you vote for.

Yes we are seeing that now.

Login to get fewer ads

Police going to food banks on 20:45 - Jun 29 with 2025 views73__73

Police going to food banks on 19:45 - Jun 29 by builthjack

Others will be on less than a tenner an hour,get no overtime, basic pension, state sickness pay which is bugger all with nowt for the first 3 days etc etc, 20 days holiday at best.
They are the ones we should be sorry for.

People need to get trained then if they want more money

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Police going to food banks on 20:55 - Jun 29 with 2035 viewscontroversial_jack

Police going to food banks on 20:45 - Jun 29 by 73__73

Who is going to pay for the training?
Police going to food banks on 21:00 - Jun 29 with 2032 viewsCatullus

Police going to food banks on 20:45 - Jun 29 by 73__73

Maybe they don't want more money? But maybe there are jobs where even a new starter deserves a bit more?

Policing is a difficult job and I reckon even a new starter deserves 23-24k per year.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Police going to food banks on 21:02 - Jun 29 with 2025 viewscontroversial_jack

Police going to food banks on 21:00 - Jun 29 by Catullus

Maybe they don't want more money? But maybe there are jobs where even a new starter deserves a bit more?

Policing is a difficult job and I reckon even a new starter deserves 23-24k per year.

Tell me how it's a difficult job?
Police going to food banks on 21:51 - Jun 29 with 1984 viewsKeithHaynes

Police going to food banks on 21:02 - Jun 29 by controversial_jack

Tell me how it's a difficult job?

I will give you a starter for ten - getting kicked half to death on the side of the road, then dragged for half a mile by a car before dying.

Or maybe walking in to work one morning and seeing photos of a child with a subdural haematoma as a result of being shaken too hard until his eyes bled. The blood settled like little dots in his eyes, severe brain damage. Then you go to the post mortem where you document each and every piece of organ that’s removed right in front of you and index it for court.

Seeing a child’s face literally peeled off like a mask is extremely interesting, an art form. But a little upsetting.

And all the time the stinking smell of a dead baby right in front of you whilst the blood is collecting in the swill underneath the metal table. Then you collect that swill, plenty of protein there I tell you, mark it up and squeeze it all in to a plastic bag. Just in case you miss anything when the big fat finger points at you from a nine o clock jury ( made up of people who go home at 4pm and have weekends off ) or some rag of a newspaper or the uncultured types who know not what really happens.

Having to have a quick meal break in the mortuary waiting for the pathologist to arrive with the mortician whilst a decapitated old lady lays under a plastic sheet waiting to be cut up. Her grandson beat her senseless before mastabating on her. The organs from old people really do smell, it’s stomach churning,their blood always seems darker, more vintage one pathologist once said at 3am in the morning. Just before we retired for a break and some corn beef sandwiches.

And oh how we laughed when his mate who had hidden in one of the store inserts ( for dead bodies ) slid out with a halloween mask on. I’ll reserve the real memories for the guy who was beaten to death and the coroner couldn’t bring about a decision on the causes. So he was frozen then unfrozen, then examined, cut up some more before being frozen again until the defence decided they wanted their shot at unfreezing him and having their opinion. The skin of a dead man after two years looks very much like your Sunday roast pork joint, in fact almost appetising.

I’ll let you know when the book comes out 😉

Police going to food banks on 21:56 - Jun 29 with 1958 viewsonehunglow

Police going to food banks on 21:51 - Jun 29 by KeithHaynes

I will give you a starter for ten - getting kicked half to death on the side of the road, then dragged for half a mile by a car before dying.

Or maybe walking in to work one morning and seeing photos of a child with a subdural haematoma as a result of being shaken too hard until his eyes bled. The blood settled like little dots in his eyes, severe brain damage. Then you go to the post mortem where you document each and every piece of organ that’s removed right in front of you and index it for court.

Seeing a child’s face literally peeled off like a mask is extremely interesting, an art form. But a little upsetting.

And all the time the stinking smell of a dead baby right in front of you whilst the blood is collecting in the swill underneath the metal table. Then you collect that swill, plenty of protein there I tell you, mark it up and squeeze it all in to a plastic bag. Just in case you miss anything when the big fat finger points at you from a nine o clock jury ( made up of people who go home at 4pm and have weekends off ) or some rag of a newspaper or the uncultured types who know not what really happens.

Having to have a quick meal break in the mortuary waiting for the pathologist to arrive with the mortician whilst a decapitated old lady lays under a plastic sheet waiting to be cut up. Her grandson beat her senseless before mastabating on her. The organs from old people really do smell, it’s stomach churning,their blood always seems darker, more vintage one pathologist once said at 3am in the morning. Just before we retired for a break and some corn beef sandwiches.

And oh how we laughed when his mate who had hidden in one of the store inserts ( for dead bodies ) slid out with a halloween mask on. I’ll reserve the real memories for the guy who was beaten to death and the coroner couldn’t bring about a decision on the causes. So he was frozen then unfrozen, then examined, cut up some more before being frozen again until the defence decided they wanted their shot at unfreezing him and having their opinion. The skin of a dead man after two years looks very much like your Sunday roast pork joint, in fact almost appetising.

And when it goes to Court...

We have seen things that would have the likes of contro running for the sink .

Police run into trouble whereas the public run away

The Police Service does have carry some blame given the craven way senior ranks close around simply protecting their next promotion .

It is quite normal now for pre pubescant kids to openly insult police officers on the streets. Not sure the Guardia Civil have this problem.

Then we have the likes of controversial.

God help us .

Police going to food banks on 22:01 - Jun 29 with 1944 viewscontroversial_jack

You don't join if you want an easy life. Many nurses and care workers see that every day and more for £10 an hour. What's a meal break?

Many alcoholics for example bleed out before death and many vomit up faeces if they have bowel blockages

The average plod rarely get's to see that, they are too busy arresting drunks and handing out motoring offences. Nothing particularly difficult about everyday policing. Yes, they may get the occasional awful scenario to attend, but that's not the everyday experience of the the average constable
Police going to food banks on 22:02 - Jun 29 with 1937 viewsKeithHaynes

Police going to food banks on 21:56 - Jun 29 by onehunglow

The Police Service does have carry some blame given the craven way senior ranks close around simply protecting their next promotion .

It is quite normal now for pre pubescant kids to openly insult police officers on the streets. Not sure the Guardia Civil have this problem.

God help us .

I forgot to mention, vital organs are always retained for obvious examination later.
The liver and heart when cut up and placed on a blue polystyrene tray and covered with cling film really does look like it has just come out of Tesco. The identifying mark for court purposes making it look like it’s been tagged as a special offer. I’m not a huge meat lover, can’t think why.

Police going to food banks on 22:16 - Jun 29 with 1916 viewsKeithHaynes

Police going to food banks on 22:01 - Jun 29 by controversial_jack

You don't join if you want an easy life. Many nurses and care workers see that every day and more for £10 an hour. What's a meal break?

Many alcoholics for example bleed out before death and many vomit up faeces if they have bowel blockages

The average plod rarely get's to see that, they are too busy arresting drunks and handing out motoring offences. Nothing particularly difficult about everyday policing. Yes, they may get the occasional awful scenario to attend, but that's not the everyday experience of the the average constable

Who attends these scenes of dead bloating bodies or bent over heroin overdoses with maggots crawling out of their eyes ? The average plod.

As for meal breaks after eighteen hours at work even Boris is entitled to a corn beef sandwich.

Nurses get paid more than starter coppers I’m told. As for ten pound an average care worker pay, the average is £12.59 an hour but we won’t split hairs but that’s £24 plus k a year. You asked a question, I just thought I would answer it. None of these professions get paid enough, we know that but that isn’t the point.

A car accident always brings back memories. Being the first there and seeing four dead bodies all crumpled up. You can still smell the after shave, the radio is still playing and someone is still shouting hello on a mobile phone. The delight on a mothers face when the only remaining analysed part of her dead daughter after the Paddington rail crash was the tip of her finger was given to her. She was delighted. Seriously happy. Three years later.

I know the stock reply is well people shouldn’t sign up for these things but then neither do rubbish collectors. A slight off moment and lack of thought when the protocols for putting the bin in to the back of the lorry are forgotten. Both bin guy and the bin went the same way. His upper body as flat as a pancake, in fact I’ve seen thicker pancakes. Did he knowingly sign up for that ?

Risks are everywhere in every profession that involves humans. Ive said it before there is no more free radical than a human being. But to undermine these professions by comparing notes is somewhat strange. As I said you asked the question, it’s been answered. Probably won’t have a corn beef sandwich tonight bloody brexit has affected deliveries to Spain by all accounts, baked beans too. 👍

Police going to food banks on 22:17 - Jun 29 with 1911 viewscontroversial_jack

Police going to food banks on 21:56 - Jun 29 by onehunglow

God help us .

For the record, I have never run away from trouble. I have pulled a few ppl out of swimming pools. Brought one guy around who had been knocked out unconscious by a bouncer outside the Castle hotel in Neath and stopped breathing. the police attended and didn't arrest the bouncer despite me telling them what had happened - the coward probably couldn't be bothered to do the paperwork. I pulled a guy out of an upturned car in Jersey Marine before the police arrived. Tried to get another guy around , who had collapsed in a gym in llandarcy a few years ago , but failed as he had a brain hemorrhage . Helped get a woman and child out of Quicksand in Ogmore

https://rnli.org/news-and-media/2018/june/13/off-duty-rnli-lifeguards-rescue-wom
Police going to food banks on 22:20 - Jun 29 with 1898 viewsKeithHaynes

Police going to food banks on 22:17 - Jun 29 by controversial_jack

For the record, I have never run away from trouble. I have pulled a few ppl out of swimming pools. Brought one guy around who had been knocked out unconscious by a bouncer outside the Castle hotel in Neath and stopped breathing. the police attended and didn't arrest the bouncer despite me telling them what had happened - the coward probably couldn't be bothered to do the paperwork. I pulled a guy out of an upturned car in Jersey Marine before the police arrived. Tried to get another guy around , who had collapsed in a gym in llandarcy a few years ago , but failed as he had a brain hemorrhage . Helped get a woman and child out of Quicksand in Ogmore

https://rnli.org/news-and-media/2018/june/13/off-duty-rnli-lifeguards-rescue-wom

Then you should appreciate more the work people do whilst we are all sleeping and safe.

Police going to food banks on 22:22 - Jun 29 with 1888 viewsraynor94

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No its.......

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Police going to food banks on 22:22 - Jun 29 with 1889 viewsonehunglow

Police going to food banks on 22:20 - Jun 29 by KeithHaynes

Then you should appreciate more the work people do whilst we are all sleeping and safe.

Why do you think they still put on the uniform Keith.
From my son in law,officers are leaving in droves .
It was possible to have a little fun when we served.
That went soon after the CPS was born.

Police going to food banks on 22:29 - Jun 29 with 1874 viewsangryjack

You been watching too much quincy
Police going to food banks on 22:30 - Jun 29 with 1872 viewsBoundy

So you acted as a decent human being , I'm surprised but theres no medals here for you

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Police going to food banks on 22:30 - Jun 29 with 1871 viewsKeithHaynes

Police going to food banks on 22:22 - Jun 29 by onehunglow

Why do you think they still put on the uniform Keith.
From my son in law,officers are leaving in droves .
It was possible to have a little fun when we served.
That went soon after the CPS was born.

Your question deserves more than a few minutes. I’ll get back to you.

I’ve developed a fascination with a you tube channel called the hornet king, his nest removal techniques are astonishing. I’ve allowed myself an hour of his latest you tube channel before bed. I’ve even managed to get corny to do tomorrows website work.

Freedom at last !

Police going to food banks on 22:31 - Jun 29 with 1866 viewsKeithHaynes

Police going to food banks on 22:29 - Jun 29 by angryjack

You been watching too much quincy

Or just experiencing a bit of life mate and happy to share it.
You dont get anywhere by sitting still.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024