Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New owners or investor 07:41 - Mar 21 with 7774 viewsguthrieintherain

According to Twitter that's why Kaplan was over here.
Another American not sure if it's investment or a buy out my guess would be investment.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

New owners or investor on 07:48 - Mar 21 with 4817 viewsDr_Winston

According to my source a full takeover is "possible but highly unlikely as it stands". Like you say, probably another Silverstein type.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New owners or investor on 07:53 - Mar 21 with 4813 viewsmagicdaps10

Kaplan is still over here, still in country but didn't take the game in Sunday.

That in itself is interesting especially taking into account his location at present.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

New owners or investor on 07:56 - Mar 21 with 4806 viewsKeithHaynes

Twitter 🤔

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

New owners or investor on 08:22 - Mar 21 with 4750 viewsWhiterockin

New owners or investor on 07:56 - Mar 21 by KeithHaynes

Twitter 🤔

It's not that people make things up and post them as fact on other forms of social media.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

New owners or investor on 08:35 - Mar 21 with 4711 viewsKeithHaynes

New owners or investor on 08:22 - Mar 21 by Whiterockin

It's not that people make things up and post them as fact on other forms of social media.

I’ve no doubt ( although I haven’t asked the question ) there has to be some finalisation of funding very shortly. The issue for me is ‘ can I be bothered to even go there ‘ ?

If anyone thinks that Kaplan is here ( and now it’s plain to see he was for longer than suggested as reported on here ) for the betterment of Swansea City entirely then they are in cloud cuckoo land. I don’t doubt his overall intentions but recent talk of the amounts are far wide of the mark.

Swansea is a small city by comparison to the size of the mouths that start the rumours. All Kaplan is doing is cleverly breaking up the share holding, I’ve nothing against anything he does tbh, but my interest in it is limited to go chasing for answers. And of course I’m pleased we are not in the points deduction league.

Overall crack on Filthy Rich and Kaplan 👍

New owners or investor on 08:59 - Mar 21 with 4653 viewsWhiterockin

New owners or investor on 08:35 - Mar 21 by KeithHaynes

I’ve no doubt ( although I haven’t asked the question ) there has to be some finalisation of funding very shortly. The issue for me is ‘ can I be bothered to even go there ‘ ?

If anyone thinks that Kaplan is here ( and now it’s plain to see he was for longer than suggested as reported on here ) for the betterment of Swansea City entirely then they are in cloud cuckoo land. I don’t doubt his overall intentions but recent talk of the amounts are far wide of the mark.

Swansea is a small city by comparison to the size of the mouths that start the rumours. All Kaplan is doing is cleverly breaking up the share holding, I’ve nothing against anything he does tbh, but my interest in it is limited to go chasing for answers. And of course I’m pleased we are not in the points deduction league.

Firstly overall I am happy with the current owners in the way they want us to live within our means. It works both ways, our club is financially stable but they are also minimising their losses after the initial relegation hit. But IMO this is not sustainable long term, one bad season and we will go down as we are starting from a low base. It will need more than one good season to go up as we don't seem to be building and progressing. Long term the current situation can not continue. I have left the management situation out of this because it is a totally different argument.

New owners or investor on 10:47 - Mar 21 with 4498 viewsmax936

"Swansea is a small city by comparison to the size of the mouths that start the rumours"

Brilliant

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

New owners or investor on 12:28 - Mar 21 with 4348 viewsmax936

Come on Keithy where's your "Sauces" on this, seems like there are a few HP's and Ketchup's about.

I'm a HP type of guy myself

Login to get fewer ads

New owners or investor on 12:32 - Mar 21 with 4345 viewsBadlands

Planet Swans reports
'We have now though been told by several sources that Kaplan’s visit was to tie up the new investment into the club. It has been stated that it is not a sale of the club but merely new money coming in very similar to when Jake Silverstein first became a part player in the ownership when he made his loan to the club some while back.'

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New owners or investor on 12:48 - Mar 21 with 4312 viewswhiterock

To sell outright, they'd want £40m (guess), who in their right mind is going to come up with that? Whilst there is little debt, the club is still haemorrhaging money. All clubs are.

As Craig Hemmings of PNE says

"The way that central media monies are paid creates massive challenges for those of us in the Championship trying to compete. It costs about £24 million pounds each year to keep us going. Towards this we receive approximately £2.3m from season tickets and a further £7.3m in total from the EFL and Premier League. After other income streams, that leaves my family with an annual shortfall of around £12m which we have to put into the club each season."
New owners or investor on 14:32 - Mar 21 with 4148 viewsmax936

New owners or investor on 07:53 - Mar 21 by magicdaps10

Kaplan is still over here, still in country but didn't take the game in Sunday.

That in itself is interesting especially taking into account his location at present.

How do you know met him for coffee at Costa's did you

New owners or investor on 14:38 - Mar 21 with 4137 viewsjohnlangy

New owners or investor on 12:48 - Mar 21 by whiterock

To sell outright, they'd want £40m (guess), who in their right mind is going to come up with that? Whilst there is little debt, the club is still haemorrhaging money. All clubs are.

"The way that central media monies are paid creates massive challenges for those of us in the Championship trying to compete. It costs about £24 million pounds each year to keep us going. Towards this we receive approximately £2.3m from season tickets and a further £7.3m in total from the EFL and Premier League. After other income streams, that leaves my family with an annual shortfall of around £12m which we have to put into the club each season."

It's probably been quoted elsewhere but to save me searching, what is the income/expenditure comparison with the Swans ?
New owners or investor on 15:17 - Mar 21 with 4091 viewsmagicdaps10

New owners or investor on 14:32 - Mar 21 by max936

How do you know met him for coffee at Costa's did you

Grow up!!

I met him in Morrisons cafe for a scone and a cuppa Tea 😉

New owners or investor on 15:22 - Mar 21 with 4078 viewsmax936

New owners or investor on 15:17 - Mar 21 by magicdaps10

Grow up!!

I met him in Morrisons cafe for a scone and a cuppa Tea 😉

De cafe Tea?

"Grow Up" loves it

New owners or investor on 15:41 - Mar 21 with 4044 viewsBadlands

New owners or investor on 12:48 - Mar 21 by whiterock

No one would pay that unless they had outright ownership, just as there was only one taker for 68% in 2016.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New owners or investor on 16:06 - Mar 21 with 4005 viewsmagicdaps10

New owners or investor on 15:22 - Mar 21 by max936

De cafe Tea?

"Grow Up" loves it

🤣

Gotta have a laugh 🙈

New owners or investor on 19:55 - Mar 21 with 3745 viewsSullutaCreturned

New owners or investor on 14:38 - Mar 21 by johnlangy

It's probably been quoted elsewhere but to save me searching, what is the income/expenditure comparison with the Swans ?

Their crowds are similar to ours if possibly slightly lower. I can't vouch for the accuracy but their wage bill is around 12 million according to this,

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/preston-north-end/#:~:text

Apparently several champonship clubs are "haemorrhaging" money but we are not one of them. We are operating at a slight loss but nothing too drastic.
New owners or investor on 20:28 - Mar 21 with 3677 viewsKeithHaynes

Far too much speculation and people thinking they know what’s going on.

Minefield of opinion without foundation.

New owners or investor on 20:32 - Mar 21 with 3646 viewsWhiterockin

New owners or investor on 20:28 - Mar 21 by KeithHaynes

Far too much speculation and people thinking they know what’s going on.

Minefield of opinion without foundation.

As I said Keith Swansea is a village and people know everyone and nobody. Today's opinion is tomorrow's fact.

New owners or investor on 21:18 - Mar 21 with 3549 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

It’s highly unlikely but maybe not beyond the realms of possibility that someone from abroad with a very short span of watching football may see us as a team worth investing in

We had a good run in the top division and were marketed extremely well at the time individually and as part of the premier league.
We had a couple of iconic moments including cup win, europa run, Michu and Charlie Morgan- maybe there is someone out there with cash and a soft spot for us that may want to get us back up there!!

Definitely time to go to bed now - I’m clearly dreaming

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

New owners or investor on 21:30 - Mar 21 with 3513 viewsWhiterockin

The Wales Online take on it.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-hold-tal

New owners or investor on 22:10 - Mar 21 with 3429 viewsReslovenSwan1

Inflation in Premier league club valuations means the Levein and Kaplan group can lets somebody else do the hard yards of investing to get the club back to the Premier league and still break even on their original investment.

68% of 100m is £68m. £8m extra for say 75% makes a total of £76m.

If they are diluted by 50% for a £40-50m new investment and return to the Premier league they will get most of their money back if sold at £200m. (Burnley price 18 months ago) £2m per share x 37.5% = £75m.

Wise sage since Toshack era

New owners or investor on 22:26 - Mar 21 with 3390 viewsWhiterockin

New owners or investor on 22:10 - Mar 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Inflation in Premier league club valuations means the Levein and Kaplan group can lets somebody else do the hard yards of investing to get the club back to the Premier league and still break even on their original investment.

68% of 100m is £68m. £8m extra for say 75% makes a total of £76m.

If they are diluted by 50% for a £40-50m new investment and return to the Premier league they will get most of their money back if sold at £200m. (Burnley price 18 months ago) £2m per share x 37.5% = £75m.

Bournmouth changed hands for just over £100M in December. It puts a doubt on those figures.

New owners or investor on 22:35 - Mar 22 with 3122 viewsReslovenSwan1

New owners or investor on 22:26 - Mar 21 by Whiterockin

Bournmouth changed hands for just over £100M in December. It puts a doubt on those figures.

AFCB has no football tradition like Burnley and struggles with crowds. It is not clear they could fill a 25,000 stadium. I was actually surprised at the overall population which at 500,000 is much bigger than I thought. I would have guessed less than 200,000. Press reports suggested £120-150m as the sale price.

Wise sage since Toshack era

New owners or investor on 08:46 - Mar 23 with 2995 viewsWhiterockin

New owners or investor on 22:35 - Mar 22 by ReslovenSwan1

AFCB has no football tradition like Burnley and struggles with crowds. It is not clear they could fill a 25,000 stadium. I was actually surprised at the overall population which at 500,000 is much bigger than I thought. I would have guessed less than 200,000. Press reports suggested £120-150m as the sale price.

Just shows that your guesses and the facts are often far apart.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024