Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton 19:47 - May 17 with 10173 viewsguthrieintherain

Martin now 1/3 fav to land the job.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Southampton on 19:55 - May 17 with 4457 viewsmahoss

He won’t be here next season……….
Southampton on 19:59 - May 17 with 4436 viewsguthrieintherain

Southampton on 19:55 - May 17 by mahoss

It's looking that way

Southampton on 20:29 - May 17 with 4362 viewspencoedjack

I thought he loved the club & wanted to see the project through?

If Martin leaves the meltdown will be greater than Roberto, Rodger’s & Potter combined.
Southampton on 20:40 - May 17 with 4332 viewsguthrieintherain

Southampton on 20:29 - May 17 by pencoedjack

If Martin leaves the meltdown will be greater than Roberto, Rodger’s & Potter combined.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you can treat yourself to a season then

Southampton on 20:44 - May 17 with 4310 viewsDr_Winston

Southampton on 20:29 - May 17 by pencoedjack

Nah. They won't blame him for walking, just as they haven't blamed him for four wins in more than half a season. They'll make excuses for him, probably based around the usual crap like "lack of investment/ambition/backing". The same playsheet they used to excuse Martinez for buggering off.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Southampton on 20:50 - May 17 with 4273 viewsvetchonian

Southampton on 20:44 - May 17 by Dr_Winston

Nah. They won't blame him for walking, just as they haven't blamed him for four wins in more than half a season. They'll make excuses for him, probably based around the usual crap like "lack of investment/ambition/backing". The same playsheet they used to excuse Martinez for buggering off.

He is going nowhere it's all agent talk....I'd be surprised if any of these clubs mentioned are looking at him what has he ever achieved apart from the double doube what has he done to make Leicester or Southampton think he can get them promoted

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Southampton on 20:51 - May 17 with 4280 viewsWhiterockin

Considering he's apparently not very good he seems to be in demand. Possibly the ones who understand football and make decisions can see more than some others. But then again all the talk could be BS.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Southampton on 20:54 - May 17 with 4258 viewsonehunglow

Just popped in.
Much going on ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton on 21:02 - May 17 with 4211 viewsFireboy2

Who are they exactly?
Southampton on 21:02 - May 17 with 4211 viewsWhiterockin

Southampton on 20:54 - May 17 by onehunglow

Just popped in.
Much going on ?

The Man City masterclass. The only thing I miss about the Premier league is the availability to watch these world class teams in the flesh.

Southampton on 21:04 - May 17 with 4195 viewsonehunglow

Southampton on 21:02 - May 17 by Whiterockin

The Man City masterclass. The only thing I miss about the Premier league is the availability to watch these world class teams in the flesh.

I misss it too Whitey . Dumb aren’t we !
Nothing beats seeing your “small “. Luv pitting its wits against the big boys .
I have still not got over the relegation ,frankly.
We have had great chances to get back and blown them

Southampton on 21:05 - May 17 with 4187 viewsvetchonian

Southampton on 20:51 - May 17 by Whiterockin

Considering he's apparently not very good he seems to be in demand. Possibly the ones who understand football and make decisions can see more than some others. But then again all the talk could be BS.

so those who called him out re his team selection persistence with a back three when a back four made more sense and less trippy happy at the back which when adopted gave us the good finish to the season
again given his record to date what is it that makes the likes of Leicester and Southampton do sure he can get them promoted

Southampton on 21:07 - May 17 with 4191 viewsguthrieintherain

Southampton on 20:50 - May 17 by vetchonian

He is going nowhere it's all agent talk....I'd be surprised if any of these clubs mentioned are looking at him what has he ever achieved apart from the double doube what has he done to make Leicester or Southampton think he can get them promoted

No getting away from the fact that Russ has been practicing with us.

Using us a learning curve if you like in readyness for the next job.

He is not daft saw the likes of Cooper and his mate Potter move on.

Southampton on 21:07 - May 17 with 4189 viewsQJumpingJack

If he doesn't get a contract extension then he will leave.
His agent is doing a brilliant job at the moment.
Southampton on 21:09 - May 17 with 4184 viewsblackpooljack

I for one would be most upset if he went, granted we've had bad runs and matches BUT when it has clicked its been far better than we saw under the previous two managers
Southampton on 21:09 - May 17 with 4178 viewsonehunglow

Southampton on 21:07 - May 17 by QJumpingJack

If he doesn't get a contract extension then he will leave.
His agent is doing a brilliant job at the moment.

Russ has done a brilliant job in seeing his possession stats being pre eminent .
He will use these at his job interview and blame our owners for not backing him.
He s brilliant

Southampton on 21:13 - May 17 with 4170 viewsDr_Winston

Southampton on 20:51 - May 17 by Whiterockin

Roberto Martinez keeps walking into top jobs despite not being a very good manager.

Half of it is hype and having the gift of the gab. Most people making football decisions won't have watched us play more than a couple of times this season if that. If you weren't a Swans fan you could be easily convinced that Russy has done an excellent job here. Hell, loads of Swans fans think that despite all the evidence to the contrary.
[Post edited 17 May 2023 21:15]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Southampton on 21:14 - May 17 with 4165 viewsDr_Winston

Southampton on 21:02 - May 17 by Fireboy2

Who are they exactly?

Been on Twitter much lately? There are loads of them.

Southampton on 21:15 - May 17 with 4158 viewsonehunglow

Southampton on 21:13 - May 17 by Dr_Winston

Roberto Martinez keeps walking into top jobs despite not being a very good manager.

Half of it is hype and having the gift of the gab. Most people making football decisions won't have watched us play more than a couple of times this season if that. If you weren't a Swans fan you could be easily convinced that Russy has done an excellent job here. Hell, loads of Swans fans think that despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Martinez sold himself well but not as well as Martin who is simply superb at it.
He has won nothing nor looked likely to do so whereas Martinez did have some success.

Southampton on 21:17 - May 17 with 4153 viewsBryanSwan

To be honest I don't think i would be massively bothered if he went as I don't think he has what it takes to get us into the top 6 which should be the aim.
My only concern is that Saints will back him and he will try to rip the spine out of our squad.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Southampton on 21:17 - May 17 with 4153 viewsFireboy2

Southampton on 21:14 - May 17 by Dr_Winston

Been on Twitter much lately? There are loads of them.

Nope, don't do social media, apart from my WhatsApp JB group this is the only outlet I get swans info from.

No one on here and on my group fawn over him, it's just what certain people who don't like him think.
Southampton on 21:21 - May 17 with 4136 viewsonehunglow

Southampton on 21:17 - May 17 by BryanSwan

To be honest I don't think i would be massively bothered if he went as I don't think he has what it takes to get us into the top 6 which should be the aim.
My only concern is that Saints will back him and he will try to rip the spine out of our squad.

It’s all about who the owners replace him with .
That is what bothers me
We need it sorted one way or t other
I won’t miss the divisive nature of discussions he engenders

Southampton on 21:21 - May 17 with 4139 viewsWhiterockin

Southampton on 21:13 - May 17 by Dr_Winston

If true and it's a big if, you were to employ a manager you wouldn't research it through.

Southampton on 21:28 - May 17 with 4099 viewsvetchonian

dont make promises you cant keep

Southampton on 21:29 - May 17 with 4099 viewsDr_Winston

Southampton on 21:21 - May 17 by Whiterockin

If true and it's a big if, you were to employ a manager you wouldn't research it through.

How much time do you have to research a manager?

With players, clubs seem to take months, even years assessing them. Managers can be appointed in a matter of days, a week or two at the most. If you were looking from the outside, if you hadn't sat through the horrors of November-March you could easily be convinced that RM is the man you need. All depends on whose opinion you seek and what the individuals involved say at interview.

Hell, Cooper got the job here because he convinced Leon, Curt and Birch that he was going to play an attractive brand of attacking football.
[Post edited 17 May 2023 21:31]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024