Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
14th June 17:41 - Jun 6 with 2000 viewsguthrieintherain

With it looking likely Martin will leave on June 14th,are we likely to have a manager in place then as well.

Or is it likely to drag on and on.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

14th June on 17:54 - Jun 6 with 1965 viewsKeithHaynes

Can’t see it.
If the clubs don’t agree compensation the only way Martin will go to Southampton is if he walks out in breach of contract.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

14th June on 18:09 - Jun 6 with 1917 viewsmax936

The coarse fishing season on Rivers starts on the 14th as well, that date will always be remembered by Swans fans who are anglers of the day Martin flew the Swans nest

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

14th June on 18:25 - Jun 6 with 1875 viewsmajorraglan

14th June on 17:54 - Jun 6 by KeithHaynes

Can’t see it.
If the clubs don’t agree compensation the only way Martin will go to Southampton is if he walks out in breach of contract.

Which is madness - the other day the talk was the club wanted shot of him. If Southampton decide not to offer the higher compo or find someone else we’ll end up in the situation where Martin ends up on gardening leave and they have to bring someone else in. Instead of taking compo and being in the black, they’ll be in the red and paying for 2 managers.
If the club didn’t or don’t want shot of Martin, they should stick to their guns.
14th June on 18:31 - Jun 6 with 1856 viewsKeithHaynes

14th June on 18:25 - Jun 6 by majorraglan

Which is madness - the other day the talk was the club wanted shot of him. If Southampton decide not to offer the higher compo or find someone else we’ll end up in the situation where Martin ends up on gardening leave and they have to bring someone else in. Instead of taking compo and being in the black, they’ll be in the red and paying for 2 managers.
If the club didn’t or don’t want shot of Martin, they should stick to their guns.

No other solution if the clubs can’t agree compensation. Of course this all spins on Southampton stating he will be their manager when they officially become a championship club.

I can’t see that happening either as the breach of contract will cost them a fortune.

It could go on, it could be sorted asap.

But the Americans are playing this one well for me.

14th June on 18:37 - Jun 6 with 1842 viewsangryjack

14th June on 18:31 - Jun 6 by KeithHaynes

No other solution if the clubs can’t agree compensation. Of course this all spins on Southampton stating he will be their manager when they officially become a championship club.

I can’t see that happening either as the breach of contract will cost them a fortune.

It would be cheaper if Martin resigned,and Southampton just paid Martin the year he would have lost at swansea as a signing on fee,if he was on 10 grand a week 500 grand..and then the greedy yanks eouldnt get anything
14th June on 18:37 - Jun 6 with 1844 viewsSullutaCreturned

Playing it well? Even if it ends up costing us money and we are stuck with Martin?
14th June on 18:37 - Jun 6 with 1839 viewsKeithHaynes

14th June on 18:37 - Jun 6 by SullutaCreturned

Playing it well? Even if it ends up costing us money and we are stuck with Martin?

Won’t happen mate.

14th June on 18:49 - Jun 6 with 1810 viewsDr_Winston

14th June on 18:37 - Jun 6 by angryjack

It would be cheaper if Martin resigned,and Southampton just paid Martin the year he would have lost at swansea as a signing on fee,if he was on 10 grand a week 500 grand..and then the greedy yanks eouldnt get anything

Are you still done with Swansea?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

14th June on 19:15 - Jun 6 with 1754 viewsunion_jack

Playing it well to date maybe but as I’ve said before there has to be a cut off date where they do a deal or not. They need to put pride aside and compromise - I’ve suggested earlier that they receive the difference on their return to the PL if Martin is in the manager’s chair at that time.

This can’t go on into August. If they don’t want to pay, we don’t want to compromise then he stays another year. God forbid!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

14th June on 20:05 - Jun 6 with 1667 viewsWhiterockin

Why is 14th June key.
14th June on 20:16 - Jun 6 with 1635 viewsmax936

Playing it well from a financial point of view, but until Martin goes we probably won't have a Manager until its sorted, which could hold up preseason plans and any signings, they clearly want Martin gone and probably some players, god knows what we'll end up with then.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2023 20:22]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

14th June on 20:18 - Jun 6 with 1629 viewsQJumpingJack

I read somewhere that there is an EFL meeting this week where Leicester, Leeds and Southampton are accepted into the EFL pyramid.
Therefore Martin could be in charge of Southampton by the end of the week ?
14th June on 20:19 - Jun 6 with 1625 viewsBoundy

14th June on 20:05 - Jun 6 by Whiterockin

Why is 14th June key.

I think its when Shampton officially announce to all and sundry that they're no longer the darlings of the south coast and now just another Championshipship club

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

14th June on 20:23 - Jun 6 with 1599 viewsWhiterockin

14th June on 20:19 - Jun 6 by Boundy

I think its when Shampton officially announce to all and sundry that they're no longer the darlings of the south coast and now just another Championshipship club

I thought they became a championship team on the day the fixtures are released, June 22nd.
14th June on 20:24 - Jun 6 with 1598 viewsKeithHaynes

14th June on 20:18 - Jun 6 by QJumpingJack

I read somewhere that there is an EFL meeting this week where Leicester, Leeds and Southampton are accepted into the EFL pyramid.
Therefore Martin could be in charge of Southampton by the end of the week ?

If they pay up.

14th June on 21:35 - Jun 6 with 1499 viewsguthrieintherain

I agree Keith providing it gets sorted in a reasonable timeframe.

We can"t have another Cooper situation though and a manager joining with no pre season like 2021 tha't won"t suit Southampton either.

14th June on 10:50 - Jun 11 with 1191 viewsguthrieintherain

14th June on 21:35 - Jun 6 by guthrieintherain

We can"t have another Cooper situation though and a manager joining with no pre season like 2021 tha't won"t suit Southampton either.

Nixon saying it will be sorted on Wednesday 14 June now as well.

He used to be reliable but gets more wrong than right
these days.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2023 12:49]

14th June on 12:32 - Jun 11 with 1077 viewsGixerJack

14th June on 21:35 - Jun 6 by guthrieintherain

It’ll give their new manager a cracking excuse if they lose a few early doors though… it’s not as if it’s been used before or anything
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024