Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfers 13:49 - Jul 19 with 3592 viewsguthrieintherain

Would these transfers still be happening if it were not for the new investment in the club.

Yes I know we have signed good players before recently Downes Darling for Example.

But what I am getting at is who has intigated this new dynamic approach.

Kaplin Levein for finding the investment.
Morris / Cravatt/Coleman money pushing it forward
Watson

Would love to know what has given the club the kick up the rear it. needed.

[Post edited 19 Jul 2023 13:50]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Transfers on 13:56 - Jul 19 with 2493 viewsDr_Winston

The approach isn't really all that different from Summers gone. We've usually made three or four permanent signings by this stage of the window.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transfers on 13:56 - Jul 19 with 2494 viewsKeithHaynes

It was in planning months ago, not sure the investment is being spent on players we have a big plus atm on players out.

Watson is your man for me if it’s players moving in and out quickly. He was working behind the scenes months ago before becoming official as was reported on here on numerous occasions. Got to applaud the majority owners for the initial decision making tho.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Transfers on 14:02 - Jul 19 with 2480 viewsBadlands

I wouldn’t describe Darling as a good player. Decent enough but one of Martin's must haves who was never as good as who we had and eventually even RM had to drop him.
IMO this season so far is about average.
Darling, Wood, Allen, Smith, Sorinola, Oko-Flex, Cundle, Stevens last summer
21/22
Ogbeta (wasted by Martin), Burns, Wolf, Christie, Fisher, Ntcham, Obafemi, Laird, Downes, Peterson, Piroe, Walsh.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Transfers on 14:05 - Jul 19 with 2477 viewsFireboy2

Transfers on 13:56 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

The approach isn't really all that different from Summers gone. We've usually made three or four permanent signings by this stage of the window.

True but this season apart from the obafemi money? we haven't sold anyone for a considerable amount.

What players does watson have in his back locker if piroe goes?

I think the new board members are putting their money where their mouths are.

And isn't it good 😁👍
Transfers on 14:14 - Jul 19 with 2449 viewsjasper_T

Transfers on 13:56 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

Football fans have very short memories. By mid-August loads will be demanding the club "get a move on" and start signing players, especially if we sell one or two. Last summer Darling, Wood and Allen had all come in by the first week of July, but apparently Ginnelly, Key and Yates represent a new dawn/fresh hope in transfer dealings rather than business as usual.

We're spending beyond our means again so hopefully outgoings are more than just "expected".
Transfers on 14:20 - Jul 19 with 2432 viewsDr_Winston

Transfers on 14:14 - Jul 19 by jasper_T

Football fans have very short memories. By mid-August loads will be demanding the club "get a move on" and start signing players, especially if we sell one or two. Last summer Darling, Wood and Allen had all come in by the first week of July, but apparently Ginnelly, Key and Yates represent a new dawn/fresh hope in transfer dealings rather than business as usual.

We're spending beyond our means again so hopefully outgoings are more than just "expected".

It's the usual. If Piroe goes we'll undoubtedly have sold him too cheaply, or too late. Woe betide us if we only spend 50% of any fee we receive for him on a replacement. I'd be surprised if we even spent that much of it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transfers on 15:05 - Jul 19 with 2355 viewsheatwave

Transfers on 14:20 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

It's the usual. If Piroe goes we'll undoubtedly have sold him too cheaply, or too late. Woe betide us if we only spend 50% of any fee we receive for him on a replacement. I'd be surprised if we even spent that much of it.

There's no way we would spend half of his fee IMO.
I would just hope that when he goes Duff has already been asked what else/who he needs up to a certain amount of coin to bring in.
Transfers on 15:11 - Jul 19 with 2338 viewsKeithHaynes

Yes, the fee for Yates was unexpectedly high, the two free agents also cost money.
Of course there will be players out in the next month or so. I’m unsure on the spending above our means bit unless you mean overall with the obvious debt that comes each season ?

As it stands on players, three in four out. And from what I have heard ( take it or leave it ) our wages bill on the three coming in is far lower than Manning and equivalent to Latibeaudiere in two cases with Yates just in to five figures.

A lot of this is Watson using the same formula as Luton.

We do need more in though. And I’m sure more will leave.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Transfers on 15:52 - Jul 19 with 2289 viewsFireboy2

I'm not expecting us to spend all of piroes fee if he goes

I'm quite content in the management system we have in place and it seems the relationship they have with the owners.

I think Watson is the key and I think the board trust him to get players on the up with a sell on value but most importantly players who duff wants as he will give us a great chance of a play off place this season.
Transfers on 16:14 - Jul 19 with 2228 viewsDr_Winston

Transfers on 15:52 - Jul 19 by Fireboy2

I'm not expecting us to spend all of piroes fee if he goes

I'm quite content in the management system we have in place and it seems the relationship they have with the owners.

I think Watson is the key and I think the board trust him to get players on the up with a sell on value but most importantly players who duff wants as he will give us a great chance of a play off place this season.

I certainly agree that we've streamlined the decision making process and that will pay dividends in a higher pressure window with much shorter timescales like January, but we're not really doing an awful lot different this Summer than we usually do.

If you look at the fees paid out thus far we're maybe only a million or so more than usual, which I'd expect to eventually be offset anyway by the sales of Piroe and/or Grimes.

Transfers on 16:22 - Jul 19 with 2207 viewsFireboy2

Transfers on 16:14 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

I certainly agree that we've streamlined the decision making process and that will pay dividends in a higher pressure window with much shorter timescales like January, but we're not really doing an awful lot different this Summer than we usually do.

If you look at the fees paid out thus far we're maybe only a million or so more than usual, which I'd expect to eventually be offset anyway by the sales of Piroe and/or Grimes.

We normally sell before buying and it's down to the board are backing duff and watson.

As I have said previously, if piroe/grimes or both go watson will have his finger on the trigger with replacements.

I just hope and pray that we don't leave it too late if they do go but I don't think that will happen.
Transfers on 16:52 - Jul 19 with 2140 viewsSullutaCreturned

I think if we get 12-15 for Piroe we'll spend 5-6 of it but not just on one player, 2 may be 3.

Some of his fee will go into wages and some will be put away for a rainy day. In my opinion.

Of course th owners may surprise me. They may be about to take a gamble, if they do I hope it's a measured gamble and not "all in"
Transfers on 16:54 - Jul 19 with 2128 viewsonehunglow

Bottom line is things look better

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Transfers on 17:02 - Jul 19 with 2116 viewsDr_Winston

Last Summer we didn't sell Downes until we'd spent easily £2m on Darling and Wood. The Summer before that there weren't any departures of any magnitude yet we still spent a wedge on Piroe and Downes.

I suspect Yates is seen as a direct swap for Obafemi and we're waiting to see what happens with Piroe. I wouldn't rule out us mostly banking the Piroe cash and using the loan market instead.

Transfers on 17:12 - Jul 19 with 2085 viewsWhiterockin

Transfers on 17:02 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

Last Summer we didn't sell Downes until we'd spent easily £2m on Darling and Wood. The Summer before that there weren't any departures of any magnitude yet we still spent a wedge on Piroe and Downes.

I suspect Yates is seen as a direct swap for Obafemi and we're waiting to see what happens with Piroe. I wouldn't rule out us mostly banking the Piroe cash and using the loan market instead.

We should be having cash for the management team that should be more than we paid for Duff.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Transfers on 19:24 - Jul 19 with 1966 viewsmagicdaps10

Don't think signings have much to with the investment, it's going to help down the line but the fact that we have received money or will be for Obafemi, Martin and his team, WC appearances, Joseph, Whittaker and Joel Lati then it's helped to bring a few decent players in.

I fully suspect the rest that's available from the above will cover a few full backs and keeper........if Piroe goes then I suspect a certain % will be used to get a striker and A N Other in.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Transfers on 19:38 - Jul 19 with 1938 viewsFireboy2

Transfers on 16:22 - Jul 19 by Fireboy2

We normally sell before buying and it's down to the board are backing duff and watson.

As I have said previously, if piroe/grimes or both go watson will have his finger on the trigger with replacements.

I just hope and pray that we don't leave it too late if they do go but I don't think that will happen.

Wow a down arrow from jasper for this ^

It's going to be a long fraught season 🤣🤣
Transfers on 20:23 - Jul 19 with 1870 viewsguthrieintherain

How are we spending way beyond our means

Obafemi Whitaker and Lati comes to about 5.5 million
Plus we are likely to get close on 1.5 to 2 million for Martin and the backroom staff
Plus Manning Cundle Sorinola and the keeper we released off the wage bill.

The only players in are Key Ginley and Yates plus 500k for Duff 4 million max and a lower wage bill.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Transfers on 20:28 - Jul 19 with 1854 viewsmagicdaps10

Transfers on 20:23 - Jul 19 by guthrieintherain

Plus we are likely to get close on 1.5 to 2 million for Martin and the backroom staff

The only players in are Key Ginley and Yates plus 500k for Duff 4 million max and a lower wage bill.

I must add that it's been said that we don't need to sell anyone this summer like we did last.

I wouldn't expect everything we take in transfer fees to be spent, I personally think that what we have already taken is earmarked to get what we need presently but anything from the sale of Piroe or anyone else from here will see a percentage used to get a couple in per sale.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Transfers on 21:28 - Jul 19 with 1773 viewsjasper_T

Transfers on 20:23 - Jul 19 by guthrieintherain

Our means are £20m a year plus player sales revenue. Our operating costs were £40m on the last accounts. You can't just compare this year's spend to last year's and think there's money left over if we're under it as that implies that last year's spend was sustainable. It wasn't. The owners invested or wrote off a total of £27m and I'll expect the accounts will still look grim when they come out.

Unless the owners have another £10m+ ready to put in the till big sales will continue to be necessary regardless of what they say to the press. Maybe they do, it's common up and down this division. Massive debts, write-offs and share issues even at bottom end Championship outfits. Luton and Coventry we ain't (yet).
Transfers on 21:34 - Jul 19 with 1762 viewsjasper_T

Transfers on 19:38 - Jul 19 by Fireboy2

Wow a down arrow from jasper for this ^

It's going to be a long fraught season 🤣🤣

Down arrow because "we normally sell before buying" is just incorrect. Look at the last three seasons where we've recruited early expecting sales that often don't end up happening. It massively caught us out after relegation when Potter spent big on Asoro, McKay and Celina and offers never came in for the big ticket PL players who instead left for pennies on deadline day. As a result the owners were desperate for cash for DJ in January, bills needed paying.
Transfers on 21:53 - Jul 19 with 1727 viewsFireboy2

Transfers on 21:34 - Jul 19 by jasper_T

Down arrow because "we normally sell before buying" is just incorrect. Look at the last three seasons where we've recruited early expecting sales that often don't end up happening. It massively caught us out after relegation when Potter spent big on Asoro, McKay and Celina and offers never came in for the big ticket PL players who instead left for pennies on deadline day. As a result the owners were desperate for cash for DJ in January, bills needed paying.

I did say 'normally'

I'm sure we sold downes before spending, if wrong then I hold my hand up but even if we did we probably knew that we would be getting x amount for downes so we could spend.

You didn't need to down arrow, why didn't you just post what you have just posted in reaction?

I respect your posts as you are a knowledgeable man and I respect you for it.
Transfers on 22:08 - Jul 19 with 1694 viewsjasper_T

Transfers on 21:53 - Jul 19 by Fireboy2

I did say 'normally'

I'm sure we sold downes before spending, if wrong then I hold my hand up but even if we did we probably knew that we would be getting x amount for downes so we could spend.

You didn't need to down arrow, why didn't you just post what you have just posted in reaction?

I respect your posts as you are a knowledgeable man and I respect you for it.

What are down arrows for if not a quicker way to say "nuh uh" than typing out a full reply?

Downes was sold on July 7th. Joe Allen arrived on the 8th. Darling June 18th. Wood June 10th. So we were spending almost a full month before that sale. A lot can happen in that time, and I'm sure we were just as certain that Piroe and Obafemi and Grimes would be sold in that window as well. At least many fans were.
Transfers on 23:01 - Jul 19 with 1620 viewsFireboy2

Transfers on 22:08 - Jul 19 by jasper_T

What are down arrows for if not a quicker way to say "nuh uh" than typing out a full reply?

Downes was sold on July 7th. Joe Allen arrived on the 8th. Darling June 18th. Wood June 10th. So we were spending almost a full month before that sale. A lot can happen in that time, and I'm sure we were just as certain that Piroe and Obafemi and Grimes would be sold in that window as well. At least many fans were.

Thought you were better than that jasper.

I've given my time to reply to you, thought you would at least reply in text to my post.

I was quite surprised when you down arrowed me for such a non confrontation post but hey ho, it is was it is 🤷
Transfers on 00:04 - Jul 20 with 1579 viewsjackrmee

Transfers on 23:01 - Jul 19 by Fireboy2

Thought you were better than that jasper.

I've given my time to reply to you, thought you would at least reply in text to my post.

I was quite surprised when you down arrowed me for such a non confrontation post but hey ho, it is was it is 🤷

Mate, he just down arrowed me for asking a simple question on another thread ffs hahaha Think the poor lad has an issue with us for some reason 😂

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024