Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nightmare scenario nearing reality 10:49 - Dec 27 with 2908 viewsPlankton

League One.

Wrexham v Swansea
Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 10:53 - Dec 27 with 2461 viewsQJumpingJack

but Coleman wants us to partner with Wrexham [from his last interview]
Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 10:55 - Dec 27 with 2452 viewsPawelAbbott

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 10:53 - Dec 27 by QJumpingJack

but Coleman wants us to partner with Wrexham [from his last interview]

We can be their feeder club
Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 16:10 - Dec 27 with 2246 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 10:55 - Dec 27 by PawelAbbott

We can be their feeder club

They will bring 5000 fans. £200,000 for the coffers.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 16:28 - Dec 27 with 2210 viewsQJumpingJack

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 16:10 - Dec 27 by ReslovenSwan1

the away end is capped at 2,800.

And someone needs to inform Coleman and Gude it is unwise to charge £40 for Skybet League One (going by your maths).
Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 18:14 - Dec 27 with 2141 viewsTummer_from_Texas

We're the same distance from playoffs as relegation. Zero chance of either happening.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 18:16]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 18:27 - Dec 27 with 2105 viewsBoundy

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 16:10 - Dec 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Another example of your ignorance

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 18:49 - Dec 27 with 2074 viewsbennytheblue

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 18:27 - Dec 27 by Boundy

You won’t go down this year ffs….
Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 19:00 - Dec 27 with 2046 viewsBoundy

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 18:49 - Dec 27 by bennytheblue

Hopefully not ,but can you see where our points are coming from ,obviously not including our game v your lot

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 19:32 - Dec 27 with 2000 viewsunion_jack

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 18:14 - Dec 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

We're the same distance from playoffs as relegation. Zero chance of either happening.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 18:16]

Whoa there! Don’t tempt fate.

I agree it’s not odds on but you can’t be certain.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 19:40 - Dec 27 with 1994 viewsKilkennyjack

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 18:49 - Dec 27 by bennytheblue

Well ….. we need to steady the ship pronto and get some points on the board.

Beware of the Risen People

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 19:51 - Dec 27 with 1977 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 18:27 - Dec 27 by Boundy

If the club is struggling to attract 10,000 in league one do you not think they might consider extending the away end?

Why consider that when you can lazily have a pop instead.?

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 20:00 - Dec 27 with 1970 viewsbennytheblue

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 19:40 - Dec 27 by Kilkennyjack

Well ….. we need to steady the ship pronto and get some points on the board.

Some tricky games coming up, as long as qpr don’t pick up you should be ok…..I guess it’s the bigger issue of the general slide which is more of a concern, particularly from the highs of not so long ago.
Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 20:11 - Dec 27 with 1956 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 20:00 - Dec 27 by bennytheblue

Some tricky games coming up, as long as qpr don’t pick up you should be ok…..I guess it’s the bigger issue of the general slide which is more of a concern, particularly from the highs of not so long ago.

A forceful new manager and some strong young energetic signings in January will change the narrative within days. I listed seven games of 4-5 goal big loses and one 3 goal beatings inflicted on Martin's sides and there was not the same reaction then.

After the 1-5 at home to Forest he stated the team lacked physicality. He brought in Darling and Wood ho are good prospects and bizarrely Sorinola who was not strong and athletic at all. He has returned to his Belgium team and not played since.

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 20:12 - Dec 27 with 1953 viewsQJumpingJack

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 20:11 - Dec 27 by ReslovenSwan1

A forceful new manager and some strong young energetic signings in January will change the narrative within days. I listed seven games of 4-5 goal big loses and one 3 goal beatings inflicted on Martin's sides and there was not the same reaction then.

After the 1-5 at home to Forest he stated the team lacked physicality. He brought in Darling and Wood ho are good prospects and bizarrely Sorinola who was not strong and athletic at all. He has returned to his Belgium team and not played since.

I doubt the owners will sanction any new signings in January as we are not pushing for promotion or the play-offs.

It will be loan deals at best.

And like in 2016-2018 - our board probably don't think we will go down.
Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 20:38 - Dec 27 with 1923 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 20:12 - Dec 27 by QJumpingJack

I doubt the owners will sanction any new signings in January as we are not pushing for promotion or the play-offs.

It will be loan deals at best.

And like in 2016-2018 - our board probably don't think we will go down.

All the loans slots are taken. As i understand it only 5 are allowed on match day. Even that is way too many in my view. Coleman and Watson have been saying they have been working hard on new signings.

The new manager and signings in January will be indicative of the clubs true intentions. The narrative was there is cash to spend ad they are here "to make a fist of it" so to speak. .

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 20:49 - Dec 27 with 1906 viewsMrSwerve

Imagine being in the trenches with some of these wet blankets.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 21:32 - Dec 27 with 1868 viewsunion_jack

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 20:38 - Dec 27 by ReslovenSwan1

All the loans slots are taken. As i understand it only 5 are allowed on match day. Even that is way too many in my view. Coleman and Watson have been saying they have been working hard on new signings.

The new manager and signings in January will be indicative of the clubs true intentions. The narrative was there is cash to spend ad they are here "to make a fist of it" so to speak. .

They’ve probably also been working very hard on their excuses when no transfers materialise.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 21:40 - Dec 27 with 1850 viewsQJumpingJack

Our budget could depend how much Southampton give us for Wood and Grimes maybe? I have been told that Russell is keen on them both.

And maybe the compensation will be settled before the end of the window for Martin?
Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 21:50 - Dec 27 with 1827 viewsWhiterockin

Patino will be gone 1st January, Lowe will be gone if anyone offers cash to his parent club. I wouldn't be surprised to see the others recalled and moved on to a club not in the mess we are, if there is a call back in the loan deal. We have benefited from this scenario in the past. Good replacement loans will be hard to get with our current reputation in football circles.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 21:59 - Dec 27 with 1813 viewsFireboy2

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 21:50 - Dec 27 by Whiterockin

Patino will be gone 1st January, Lowe will be gone if anyone offers cash to his parent club. I wouldn't be surprised to see the others recalled and moved on to a club not in the mess we are, if there is a call back in the loan deal. We have benefited from this scenario in the past. Good replacement loans will be hard to get with our current reputation in football circles.

We are knackered WR.
Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 22:06 - Dec 27 with 1788 viewsWhiterockin

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 21:59 - Dec 27 by Fireboy2

We are knackered WR.

It's not too late to turn it round but it soon will be. I really think the owners are so arrogant that we could sleep walk into relegation. Our reputation in football circles is terrible and this is what worries me the most. Managers and players won't touch us with a barge pole unless we make them an offer they can't refuse and that will never happen with this lot. Very worrying times ahead.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 22:11 - Dec 27 with 1777 viewsFireboy2

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 22:06 - Dec 27 by Whiterockin

It's not too late to turn it round but it soon will be. I really think the owners are so arrogant that we could sleep walk into relegation. Our reputation in football circles is terrible and this is what worries me the most. Managers and players won't touch us with a barge pole unless we make them an offer they can't refuse and that will never happen with this lot. Very worrying times ahead.

I have no confidence in our owners at all they have regularly let the club down.

They have p!ssed off every manager we have had since relegation from the PL.

Every manager apart from duff had the potential to take us up but the owners let them down.

I have given up caring but i still won't stop watching us but it won't be at home they are not having a penny of my hard earned cash.
Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 22:41 - Dec 27 with 1730 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 21:50 - Dec 27 by Whiterockin

Six month loans are no good for Swansea. I hope they all go back except Rushworth.

Ntjoe replaces Ashby, Wood replaces Humhreys, Azeem replaces Patino, Kukharevic or Wilson replaces Lowe. New signings replace Bolasie.

Broome will be assessed for the rest of the season to see if he can be the answer to the clubs long term keeper problem.

This team will be allowed to develop for 6 months for a push next season. Time for move on from Fulton. Swansea did not get to the top with too many loans. Jordi Gomez and Borini. Sigurdson was excellent and purchased.

This is my ultural philosophy. Back in house Swansea talents not England u19 stars.

Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 08:14 - Dec 28 with 1580 viewswhiterock

Last 5 results, won 2, drawn 1, lost 2, that's not great but hardly relegation form

My worry is, we've beefed up our recruitment, significantly, brought in 13 during the summer window plus Yanick Bolasi, not one of them is setting the world alight, so if the January window is similar then our recruitment needs looking at again. I don't want 13 signings, 2 or 3 key signings will do.
Nightmare scenario nearing reality on 09:33 - Dec 28 with 1524 viewsjohnlangy

Five wins from the last 22 games will be enough to keep us up (maybe one or two draws).

Surely we'll manage that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024