Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. 15:57 - Feb 6 with 1323 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The senedd has appointed a quango to take over the running of the South Wales fire service .

It will consist of a former leader of Newport Council, an ex Senedd Education Minister, a retired Chief Constable and a retired West Midlands fire chief. Sounds like jobs to help supplent their retirement pensions.

No comments from the Senedd on how much this extra layer of bureaucracy is going to cost.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 16:21 - Feb 6 with 1104 viewsunion_jack

Best not let your house go on fire then.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 16:26 - Feb 6 with 1088 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 16:21 - Feb 6 by union_jack

I dont think Drakers is on the engine with the boys mind.

No doubt he would be a fearless Sam Tan as well.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 17:13 - Feb 6 with 1068 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 16:21 - Feb 6 by union_jack

Reminds me of the old Will Hay line, we are busy today but if you keep it going we can be with you on Thursday.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 17:18 - Feb 6 with 1068 viewsFlashberryjack

I don't know what the response times for the Welsh fire service in Wales is at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that when the senedd take over the running of it, it will be bottom of the league response times, just as everything else they get their grubby fingers on.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 17:28 - Feb 6 with 1055 viewsBoundy

The question should be asked is "why is this required , although I do know they've roped in the Brigade to "assist " in explaining to the public the dangers of driving at 30mph

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 17:34 - Feb 6 with 1058 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 17:28 - Feb 6 by Boundy

The question should be asked is "why is this required , although I do know they've roped in the Brigade to "assist " in explaining to the public the dangers of driving at 30mph

They have to do something to start justifying the extra Senedd members.
Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 18:01 - Feb 6 with 1027 viewsGwyn737

I’m assuming everyone has read the report that led to the removal of powers?

It wouldn’t be that some have just seen a headline and picked up big stick because of their political allegiances, have they?
Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 18:54 - Feb 6 with 1006 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

At least 90% of fires in wales seem to be caused by that little shit Norman Price in Pontypandy. Lock him up job done. Although the prison might go on fire.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 19:18 - Feb 6 with 988 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 18:54 - Feb 6 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

At least 90% of fires in wales seem to be caused by that little shit Norman Price in Pontypandy. Lock him up job done. Although the prison might go on fire.

He could start a fire in the sea, that one.
Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 19:57 - Feb 6 with 961 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 18:01 - Feb 6 by Gwyn737

It wouldn’t be that some have just seen a headline and picked up big stick because of their political allegiances, have they?

The fire service was found to have a culture of sexual harassment and misogyny will be taken over by the Welsh government. Minister Hannah Blythyn said, without action, management failings at South Wales Fire and Rescue Service could "put lives at risk"

Standard outcome for all inquiries these days, sexual harassment and misogyny, only bullying and racism missing for a full house.

Do you honestly think we'll have a safer and better fire service with Hannah Blythyn, former LGBT Labour co-chair running the show ?

Hello

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 20:23 - Feb 6 with 929 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 19:57 - Feb 6 by Flashberryjack

The fire service was found to have a culture of sexual harassment and misogyny will be taken over by the Welsh government. Minister Hannah Blythyn said, without action, management failings at South Wales Fire and Rescue Service could "put lives at risk"

Standard outcome for all inquiries these days, sexual harassment and misogyny, only bullying and racism missing for a full house.

Do you honestly think we'll have a safer and better fire service with Hannah Blythyn, former LGBT Labour co-chair running the show ?

Frankly, I wouldn’t be that bothered @bout who put a fire out at my house and saved our family.
Nobody would.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 20:31 - Feb 6 with 917 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 18:54 - Feb 6 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Grass.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 21:21 - Feb 6 with 898 viewsBoundy

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 18:01 - Feb 6 by Gwyn737

Well considering the s++tshow the Wales has become under the Senedd's wonderful tutelage can you really be surprised at the negative response news such as this brings.
I'm still waiting for someone to present a list of positives that Cardiff Bay have brought to Wales since its inception

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 00:24 - Feb 7 with 835 viewsRobbie

Media reports suggest sexual harrasment , lewd comments directed at Female Firefighters has gone way past the stage of , its banter innit , lighten up and have a laugh .

Working in retail I have a lot of female colleagues , some can handle industrial jest and brush it off , some even put me to shame with their language backstage , air is blue at times .
Flip side is I chat to the younger staff whilst afraid to tread on eggshells , not say a iffy joke .
All my other male workmates have never made any degrading comments to the women .

If the WAG , much as I deplore them , are stepping in and investigating these accusations well done , for once The Senydd are doing something constructive .
Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 07:58 - Feb 7 with 782 viewsGwyn737

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 19:57 - Feb 6 by Flashberryjack

Unless I’ve misunderstood, she’s not running the show.

The change is at commissioner level to ensure the (quite frankly horrifying) recommendations of the enquiry are driven through.

I don’t think policy of the actual day to day physical service is part of the brief.

Somehow we’ve very quickly gone from ‘independent commissioners put in place to drive through report recommendations’ to ‘the Senedd have got their hands on the fire service so all our houses are going burn down’.

As an exile I very rarely comment on senedd stuff as I don’t experience it first hand. Also it would seem a bit hypocritical of me with my own pretty useless MP to criticise someone else’s without ever being held to account.

However, this does seem to be a story that’s been twisted just for senedd bashing.
Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 13:48 - Feb 7 with 725 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 07:58 - Feb 7 by Gwyn737

Unless I’ve misunderstood, she’s not running the show.

The change is at commissioner level to ensure the (quite frankly horrifying) recommendations of the enquiry are driven through.

I don’t think policy of the actual day to day physical service is part of the brief.

Somehow we’ve very quickly gone from ‘independent commissioners put in place to drive through report recommendations’ to ‘the Senedd have got their hands on the fire service so all our houses are going burn down’.

As an exile I very rarely comment on senedd stuff as I don’t experience it first hand. Also it would seem a bit hypocritical of me with my own pretty useless MP to criticise someone else’s without ever being held to account.

However, this does seem to be a story that’s been twisted just for senedd bashing.

You are correct, Hannah Blythyn (Deputy Minister for Social Partnership, whatever that is) isn't running the show, but she picked the "jobs for the boys" that will be running it.

I do think that people are right to be concerned about senedd interference with the fire service, especially when you look at their record of anything else they've got involved in.

Anyway!! we'll wait and see if people have been right to be concerned.

Hello

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 14:36 - Feb 7 with 705 viewsGwyn737

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 13:48 - Feb 7 by Flashberryjack

You are correct, Hannah Blythyn (Deputy Minister for Social Partnership, whatever that is) isn't running the show, but she picked the "jobs for the boys" that will be running it.

I do think that people are right to be concerned about senedd interference with the fire service, especially when you look at their record of anything else they've got involved in.

Anyway!! we'll wait and see if people have been right to be concerned.

I get the concern, I really do. I would even more if the senedd really were taking on the running of the South wales fire service.

I just think in this instance, the title of the thread has nothing to do with what is actually happening or how the actual story will pan out, whether positive or negative. Just an (incorrect) dig.

As I said, you guys who are living with devolution have every right to hold leaders to account. For me as an exile, I always feel it’s a bit ‘people in glass houses’.

I can see how occasionally that would come across as support but that’s really not how it’s intended 👍
Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 15:45 - Feb 7 with 673 viewsmajorraglan

The bottom line is that a culture of inappropriateness is completely unacceptable, the days of sexiest, racist and any other inappropriate comments being acceptable are long gone. The independent report made a raft of recommendations and given the old fire authority hasn't dealt with the matter, nor do the WG appear to have confidence that the leadership team will address the matters they’ve brought in 4 people to replace the entire authority.

I can’t comment on the 4 persons as I don’t know them, but I suspect they'll be given a firm brief and people who fail to achieve the desired standard will be dealt with extremely harshly. Compensation payouts for inequality etc can be staggering and it all comes out of the budget, so it’s in our interests to have solid, robust, transparent and fair leadership.
🦕 are a thing of the past, I suspect that anyone in SW Fire Service who engages in sexist behaviour etc going forward can expect a P45.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-67923824
Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 15:55 - Feb 7 with 669 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 14:36 - Feb 7 by Gwyn737

I get the concern, I really do. I would even more if the senedd really were taking on the running of the South wales fire service.

I just think in this instance, the title of the thread has nothing to do with what is actually happening or how the actual story will pan out, whether positive or negative. Just an (incorrect) dig.

As I said, you guys who are living with devolution have every right to hold leaders to account. For me as an exile, I always feel it’s a bit ‘people in glass houses’.

I can see how occasionally that would come across as support but that’s really not how it’s intended 👍

The Deputy Minister has removed all of the functions of South Wales Fire and Rescue Authority and conferred them on 4 Commissioners.

They are:

Baroness Wilcox, formerly Leader of Newport City Council;
Kirsty Williams, formerly Member of the Senedd for Brecon and Radnor;
Vij Randeniya, formerly Chief Fire Officer, West Midlands Fire Service; and
Carl Foulkes, formerly Chief Constable, North Wales Police

Hello

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 16:57 - Feb 7 with 646 viewsGwyn737

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 15:55 - Feb 7 by Flashberryjack

The Deputy Minister has removed all of the functions of South Wales Fire and Rescue Authority and conferred them on 4 Commissioners.

They are:

Baroness Wilcox, formerly Leader of Newport City Council;
Kirsty Williams, formerly Member of the Senedd for Brecon and Radnor;
Vij Randeniya, formerly Chief Fire Officer, West Midlands Fire Service; and
Carl Foulkes, formerly Chief Constable, North Wales Police

The fact that they’ve got the power to do that means that they haven’t ‘taken over’ the running of it, does it?

If the appointments work, great. If they don’t they should be held accountable.

In the circumstances that had to do something we just have to hope the choices are good ones.
Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 22:21 - Feb 7 with 588 viewsLuther27

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 15:45 - Feb 7 by majorraglan

The bottom line is that a culture of inappropriateness is completely unacceptable, the days of sexiest, racist and any other inappropriate comments being acceptable are long gone. The independent report made a raft of recommendations and given the old fire authority hasn't dealt with the matter, nor do the WG appear to have confidence that the leadership team will address the matters they’ve brought in 4 people to replace the entire authority.

I can’t comment on the 4 persons as I don’t know them, but I suspect they'll be given a firm brief and people who fail to achieve the desired standard will be dealt with extremely harshly. Compensation payouts for inequality etc can be staggering and it all comes out of the budget, so it’s in our interests to have solid, robust, transparent and fair leadership.
🦕 are a thing of the past, I suspect that anyone in SW Fire Service who engages in sexist behaviour etc going forward can expect a P45.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-67923824

I can’t understand what’s happening in society today when that’s all I see daily are accusations of bullying, misogyny, racism, etc in bodies like the fire brigade, RNLI, Politics, NHS, The Forces, The Police and so on. Personally I no longer hold a door open for a woman, I no longer offer a woman a seat on the daily crush of public transport, I do not make eye contact or engage in conversation if I can help it. How sad is that?
Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 22:33 - Feb 7 with 568 viewsLuther27

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 16:57 - Feb 7 by Gwyn737

The fact that they’ve got the power to do that means that they haven’t ‘taken over’ the running of it, does it?

If the appointments work, great. If they don’t they should be held accountable.

In the circumstances that had to do something we just have to hope the choices are good ones.

Politicians and accountability shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence.
Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 09:46 - Feb 8 with 514 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 22:21 - Feb 7 by Luther27

I can’t understand what’s happening in society today when that’s all I see daily are accusations of bullying, misogyny, racism, etc in bodies like the fire brigade, RNLI, Politics, NHS, The Forces, The Police and so on. Personally I no longer hold a door open for a woman, I no longer offer a woman a seat on the daily crush of public transport, I do not make eye contact or engage in conversation if I can help it. How sad is that?

I carry on as normal, I try to do the right thing. If holding a door open for a man makes me a lesbian in some people's eyes then that's their problem.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 10:15 - Feb 8 with 508 viewsBoundy

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 09:46 - Feb 8 by JACKMANANDBOY

I carry on as normal, I try to do the right thing. If holding a door open for a man makes me a lesbian in some people's eyes then that's their problem.

I like many were brought up to respect women and treat them as the "weaker" sex , all that has gone and with it the chivalry that came with it. Now I continue as before but only to a similar age group as myself because I do believe its still appreciated without being condescending, the remainder imo can be as uncouth , violent and disrespectful as any male. IMO of course

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 11:02 - Feb 8 with 503 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Government to take over the Running of South Wales Fire Service. on 10:15 - Feb 8 by Boundy

I like many were brought up to respect women and treat them as the "weaker" sex , all that has gone and with it the chivalry that came with it. Now I continue as before but only to a similar age group as myself because I do believe its still appreciated without being condescending, the remainder imo can be as uncouth , violent and disrespectful as any male. IMO of course

Pretty much the same here but I do not differentiate between sexes. I hold the door open for anyone and will give up my seat for older people, not that there are many now and for those whose needs are greater than mine. As for talking, I will talk to anyone who wants a chat particularly on a long journey. Manners were instilled into us a young age and it is still ingrained.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024