Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
De Zerbi.... 15:54 - May 18 with 2503 viewsloftus77

Yes, I know....apologies..this might be getting tiresome already.

But, by god, if I was on the Brighton board I know who I'd be thinking about. And I don't think Our Man could/would say No...
De Zerbi.... on 15:56 - May 18 with 2463 viewsaston_hoop

If I was an Ipswich fan I'd be more than a little nervous now. If its not McKenna, and it probably should be, it'll be someone from abroad.

It won't be MC, not done nearly enough yet for a club with Brighton's ambitions I don't think.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

De Zerbi.... on 15:59 - May 18 with 2436 viewsloftus77

De Zerbi.... on 15:56 - May 18 by aston_hoop

If I was an Ipswich fan I'd be more than a little nervous now. If its not McKenna, and it probably should be, it'll be someone from abroad.

It won't be MC, not done nearly enough yet for a club with Brighton's ambitions I don't think.

That's my hope on reflection - just a tad too much of a leap this early, hopefully. But I don't think by much.
De Zerbi.... on 16:09 - May 18 with 2363 viewsaston_hoop

De Zerbi.... on 15:59 - May 18 by loftus77

That's my hope on reflection - just a tad too much of a leap this early, hopefully. But I don't think by much.

Bizarely, one of the early names linked is Russell Martin. Goodbye to any plan B for them, I'd certainly die on the hill that MC is a much better manager than him

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

De Zerbi.... on 16:10 - May 18 with 2349 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Wonder where De Zerbi is heading off to ,I suspect the table is already set for him someplace to leave right away .
As for Marti I think our biggest threat will come from a Championship contender ( if not us of course ) because there is no PL team that would take basically an unknown prospect right now IMO.
Of course Sheffield Utd could dump Wilder or he could bail , Kompany is almost certain to jump ship so they have money to burn and that could ruin us .
Best case senario Marti stays this year and gets us into the top 6 or beyond then takes the next step upwards or sticks around to see how far we can go
De Zerbi.... on 16:20 - May 18 with 2300 viewsngbqpr

I could very easily see Marti as BHA manager after the next one...which would at least mean he's had a good couple of years with us.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

De Zerbi.... on 16:25 - May 18 with 2263 viewsNed_Kennedys

Potter could return. Not a chance in hell it will be Cifuentes.
De Zerbi.... on 16:30 - May 18 with 2229 viewsCLAREMAN1995

De Zerbi.... on 16:25 - May 18 by Ned_Kennedys

Potter could return. Not a chance in hell it will be Cifuentes.

Wow I forgot about Potter that could be an incredible shout there Ned but would the fans accept him back after his Chelsea fiasco .
Was he in contention for any other PL jobs since he got the boot or just lying low until this season ends .
No chance he would go to Man Utd is there if they drop the ax on Ten Hag
De Zerbi.... on 16:54 - May 18 with 2104 views100percent

Am I the only person that thinks de Zerbi is over rated?
He inherited a successful system from Brighton/Potter/legacy and hasn't exactly uprooted trees - he also comes across as an ungracious bit of a prick...
Really surprised that he's being linked with all these other 'big' jobs....
Login to get fewer ads

De Zerbi.... on 17:17 - May 18 with 2034 viewsTGRRRSSS

Franke from Brentford for Brighton?
De Zerbi.... on 18:27 - May 18 with 1851 viewsterryb

De Zerbi.... on 15:56 - May 18 by aston_hoop

They are Aston. They are!

Brighton are the club they most feared would be in for McKenna. My youngest son came out with a very loud oath when ghe read the news. And we were in a restaurant!
De Zerbi.... on 18:47 - May 18 with 1800 viewsswitchingcode

De Zerbi.... on 17:17 - May 18 by TGRRRSSS

Franke from Brentford for Brighton?

More chance of Gareth Ainsworth
De Zerbi.... on 18:47 - May 18 with 1799 viewsLongRanger

I strongly expect De Zerbi to go abroad, maybe Juve.

Listened to the Paul Barber podcast, Brighton are great at succession planning well in advance, I suspect they’ll have identified his replacement before Marti joined us. Does look likely it will be McKenna, given they have gone early on this and not waited to get a fee for DeZerbi
De Zerbi.... on 19:46 - May 18 with 1700 viewsPBLOCK

When Marti was linked with Sunderland and Hull I said there is no chance of him going to either but if someone like De Zerbi left I’d be more worried

Brighton under Bloom have lots of long lists in every department from the Tea Lady to the strikers and these change regularly

Marti will be on their long list I’m sure. Has managed within Europe has managed in European competitions has experience of English football has left every club he has been at in a better state.

That was basically Potters CV before he got the job

He might not be number 1 but he will have been discussed
[Post edited 18 May 19:50]
De Zerbi.... on 23:08 - May 18 with 1466 viewsAntti_Heinola

De Zerbi.... on 18:47 - May 18 by LongRanger

I strongly expect De Zerbi to go abroad, maybe Juve.

Listened to the Paul Barber podcast, Brighton are great at succession planning well in advance, I suspect they’ll have identified his replacement before Marti joined us. Does look likely it will be McKenna, given they have gone early on this and not waited to get a fee for DeZerbi

He'll go to Bayern, surely?

Bare bones.

De Zerbi.... on 01:19 - May 19 with 1361 viewsLongRanger

De Zerbi.... on 23:08 - May 18 by Antti_Heinola

I thought the same until I saw Allegri go, but you’re probably right.
De Zerbi.... on 07:29 - May 19 with 1190 viewsE15Hoop

De Zerbi.... on 23:08 - May 18 by Antti_Heinola

That's what the smart money seems to be saying, given they generally open their wallets sufficeiently widely to bring in the top talent.

There is a school of thought that he might go to AC Milan. but they work more closely to Brighton's model, and do put more emphasis on bringing youth through the system into the first team, which it seems is where de Zerbi has got frustrated with how this season has gone.
De Zerbi.... on 08:10 - May 19 with 1106 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/18/chelsea-eye-up-kieran-m

If I was McKenna I'd stear well clear of Chelsea. Gotta feel for the Ipswich fans as well.
De Zerbi.... on 09:34 - May 19 with 951 viewsnix

De Zerbi.... on 08:10 - May 19 by Wilkinswatercarrier

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/18/chelsea-eye-up-kieran-m

If I was McKenna I'd stear well clear of Chelsea. Gotta feel for the Ipswich fans as well.

I feel a bit for them but having said that they've had McKenna for three years and got two promotions in that time. We'd bite their hands off for one promotion and Marti to stay with us for three years.

I'll be happy for him staying with us for the whole of next season and it would be amazing if he stayed until the end of his contract. I really think he's that talented.

I agree though Chels are a poisoned challice. I hope they continue to largely cycle through the same old names (Potter being an exception that didn't come off either).
De Zerbi.... on 10:36 - May 19 with 859 viewsNed_Kennedys

De Zerbi.... on 08:10 - May 19 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Why on earth would the scum be interested in him: totally the wrong fit I’d think.

Would think the natural step for him would be to Brighton: as Kompany has shown a season getting battered in the Premier League doesn’t help your reputation so he may want to avoid that at Ipswich.
De Zerbi.... on 15:29 - May 19 with 642 viewspaulparker

Potter to get a 3 year Chelsea pay off, a years holiday and then his job back at Brighton.

Marvellous work.

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

De Zerbi.... on 15:35 - May 19 with 612 viewsToast_R

Everton have won more games than Brighton this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024