Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mansfield OFF 14:13 - Dec 30 with 3617 viewsjudd

What an absolute pisser

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/december/postponed_mansfieldtown/
[Post edited 30 Dec 2021 14:15]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Mansfield OFF on 14:19 - Dec 30 with 3555 viewsboromat

Kind of expected with us only calling off the last one the day before. 7 days of isolation for those players. Guessing the only reason they've been able to call it off today is it was touch and go and we've had another new case or so. Not got the biggest squad and already have injuries.

Disappointing though. Hopefully we're through the worst of it and will be ok from now on. I mean those who have caught it should now have immunity let's just hope no one has had it bad and can return quickly.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Mansfield OFF on 15:07 - Dec 30 with 3377 viewsfunkkk

One step closer to the transfer window. Couldn’t have planned it better 👍🏼
Mansfield OFF on 15:21 - Dec 30 with 3320 viewsRAFCBLUE

I suspect there will be a lot of games off again this weekend.

Clubs across the UK have Covid-19 and the rules set out mean you need 14 fit players, including a goalkeeper.

Out of the last 3 rounds of League 2 fixtures (36 games up to 29th December) only 9 have been played. The clubs that have featured as follows:

Barrow - twice
Harrogate Town
Hartlepool
Oldham - twice
Leyton Orient
Mansfield
Newport County
Rochdale
Salford
Scunthorpe
Stevenage - twice
Sutton United
Swindon
Tranmere - twice

That is 10 teams in League 2 that have dodged the last three fixtures, 5 of which are in the current top 8.

Our next earliest game won't be until 8th January 2022 - plenty of time you would hope for the league to rid itself of Covid and actually all have 14 players fit.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Mansfield OFF on 15:59 - Dec 30 with 3175 viewsupthedale

Mansfield OFF on 15:07 - Dec 30 by funkkk

One step closer to the transfer window. Couldn’t have planned it better 👍🏼

Or worse depending on the business done! (Sorry that sounds so pessimistic haha)
Mansfield OFF on 16:28 - Dec 30 with 3068 viewsTVOS1907

Mansfield OFF on 14:19 - Dec 30 by boromat

Kind of expected with us only calling off the last one the day before. 7 days of isolation for those players. Guessing the only reason they've been able to call it off today is it was touch and go and we've had another new case or so. Not got the biggest squad and already have injuries.

Disappointing though. Hopefully we're through the worst of it and will be ok from now on. I mean those who have caught it should now have immunity let's just hope no one has had it bad and can return quickly.

Yes, but don't forget it would probably have been off anyway as Mansfield haven't played since Boxing Day due to their own covid cases.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Mansfield OFF on 17:41 - Dec 30 with 2857 viewsscarrow

Mansfield OFF on 16:28 - Dec 30 by TVOS1907

Yes, but don't forget it would probably have been off anyway as Mansfield haven't played since Boxing Day due to their own covid cases.

Agree 100% with you. A covid free Dale and the game would still have been off

Poll: Final position

Mansfield OFF on 18:35 - Dec 30 with 2729 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59830127

Looks like the EFL has decided to stop matchday testing to solve the problem of late postponements.

Expect a raft of call offs tomorrow!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Mansfield OFF on 10:18 - Dec 31 with 2169 viewsAtThePeake

Mansfield OFF on 18:35 - Dec 30 by RAFCBLUE

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59830127

Looks like the EFL has decided to stop matchday testing to solve the problem of late postponements.

Expect a raft of call offs tomorrow!

Totally understand why they've done this for the good of the fans (which is a rarity) but at the same time, if that means players definitely have COVID and are mixing like they normally would on a matchday, it feels like that's going to lead to more cases spreading through teams and thus more postponements.

Almost feels like football's heading towards an inadvertent herd immunity approach at the moment.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Mansfield OFF on 12:59 - Dec 31 with 1958 viewsjonahwhereru

Find it interesting that given how good the club have been about updating fans on injuries and Covid this season I have seen no updates around these postponements.
I know RS said they were waiting on a couple of player tests after Newport, but no more since.
Could this be an opportunity to push a mid season break which so many clubs pine for.
Tbh I can see the case for two weeks off after the new year fixtures have been completed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024