Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non League 2023/24 Season 09:58 - Jun 29 with 11894 viewstoboboly

Seemed to have a good uptake last year so thought we could have a new one.

Pre season starts this weekend, anyone heading anywhere?

I have two options I am considering;

Sporting Club Thamesmead v Sutton Athletic (free admission apparently)

Frenford v Redbridge

A lot of clubs are doing free entry but are playing at training pitches and at random times so double check

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Non League 2023/24 Season on 19:38 - Jul 3 with 2762 viewsSonofpugwash

Non League 2023/24 Season on 09:54 - Jul 3 by BexleyHoop

Cray Wanderers are building a new ground along the A20 at the old Flamingo Club, so may wait for that to be finished before watching them

Flamingo Park,the old Dock Labour board ground where the all conquering 279 used to play on sundays.Bought by a local millionaire builder,they're going places.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Non League 2023/24 Season on 21:58 - Jul 3 with 2708 viewsozranger

Non League 2023/24 Season on 19:38 - Jul 3 by Sonofpugwash

Flamingo Park,the old Dock Labour board ground where the all conquering 279 used to play on sundays.Bought by a local millionaire builder,they're going places.

I'm assuming this is the complex sort of between New Eltham and Sidcup, though it is part of Chislehurst and just off the A2. If so, i will look forward to adding it to my collection as it is just a pair of bus trips.

Speaking of moving, Erith Town are now ground sharing at Thamesmead. Their media release intimates that their old ground - Erith Leisure Centre with its running track - was too small. I've been there twice and the crowd total was under 50 each time.
Non League 2023/24 Season on 08:16 - Jul 4 with 2656 viewstoboboly

Non League 2023/24 Season on 21:58 - Jul 3 by ozranger

I'm assuming this is the complex sort of between New Eltham and Sidcup, though it is part of Chislehurst and just off the A2. If so, i will look forward to adding it to my collection as it is just a pair of bus trips.

Speaking of moving, Erith Town are now ground sharing at Thamesmead. Their media release intimates that their old ground - Erith Leisure Centre with its running track - was too small. I've been there twice and the crowd total was under 50 each time.

Hahahahaha. That does seem a strange reason, as you say it wasn't busy.

Decided to head to Tilbury FC tonight, they are due to move stadium in the next season or two. They do amazing burgers apparently, will feed back (pun intended)

Non League 2023/24 Season on 08:06 - Jul 5 with 2579 viewstoboboly

Non League 2023/24 Season on 08:16 - Jul 4 by toboboly

Hahahahaha. That does seem a strange reason, as you say it wasn't busy.

Decided to head to Tilbury FC tonight, they are due to move stadium in the next season or two. They do amazing burgers apparently, will feed back (pun intended)

So Tilbury cancelled the game due to 'forecasted rain' and worrying about the pitch. What has become of non-league? Luckily I saw before I headed out but it limited availability and in the end went to Stepney to see Sporting Bengal on a 3g pitch not dissimilar to a run down Goals facility.

Non League 2023/24 Season on 09:51 - Jul 5 with 2556 viewsSonofpugwash

Non League 2023/24 Season on 21:58 - Jul 3 by ozranger

The owner of the Flamingo Park wanted to turn the place into either a gun club or a lap dancing club but couldn't ge planning permission.He put the place up for sale and I got to hear about it through the groundsman,couldn't afford it myself so passed the info onto Cray.

Wanderes are playing Welling on Saturday 8th July at 3.pm,Hayes Lane,Bromley.Adults Β£8.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Non League 2023/24 Season on 14:48 - Jul 5 with 2518 viewsaston_hoop

Don't know if anyone on here follows Maidenhead Utd and can confirm but they could be set for a nice little payday! Apparently they have a 20% sell on for Max Kilman when they sold him to Wolves....Kilman apparently close to joining Napoli for Β£40 million

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Non League 2023/24 Season on 13:17 - Jul 6 with 2452 viewstoboboly

Non League 2023/24 Season on 14:48 - Jul 5 by aston_hoop

Don't know if anyone on here follows Maidenhead Utd and can confirm but they could be set for a nice little payday! Apparently they have a 20% sell on for Max Kilman when they sold him to Wolves....Kilman apparently close to joining Napoli for Β£40 million

Given that they are one of the 'smaller' clubs that could keep them in the league for years if not allow them to really push on.

I've just been told I am at a do this Saturday so there goes my groundhopping for the weekend.

Anyone heading anywhere?

Tuesday I am making a trip to South Park FC v Kingstonian, K's on a downward spiral last year before a brief uplift. Desperately hoping the new coach will be able to galvanise a dying team with a disinterested board.

Non League 2023/24 Season on 14:22 - Jul 6 with 2418 viewsozranger

Non League 2023/24 Season on 13:17 - Jul 6 by toboboly

Given that they are one of the 'smaller' clubs that could keep them in the league for years if not allow them to really push on.

I've just been told I am at a do this Saturday so there goes my groundhopping for the weekend.

Anyone heading anywhere?

Tuesday I am making a trip to South Park FC v Kingstonian, K's on a downward spiral last year before a brief uplift. Desperately hoping the new coach will be able to galvanise a dying team with a disinterested board.

I'll be doing the Martin Tarrant Trophy game (Erith & Belvedere v Punjab) tomorrow night with "live DJs, dance troops, candy floss, face painting, ice cream and more!" according to The London Football Guide.

If I'd known that my Saturday appointment was moved to Sunday, I may have organised a double-header out at Dartford. 12pm on the outside pitch Lewisham Borough v Merstham and then at 3pm next door Dartford v Charlton.
Login to get fewer ads

Non League 2023/24 Season on 16:48 - Jul 7 with 2338 viewsterryb

The draws for the FA Cup, Trophy & Vase have been made.

As we are no longer at home on the 5th August, I might go to the Ipswich Wanderers - Histon game in the Cup. I doubt if I will be relaxed watching it though. Unless Rangers are getting stuffed at Watford!
Non League 2023/24 Season on 14:02 - Jul 10 with 2190 viewstoboboly

A great resource here - shows nearest train station to a large number of non-league teams, not perfect but good to refer to

https://nonleaguehq.wixsite.com/nlhq/travel

Non League 2023/24 Season on 15:05 - Jul 10 with 2163 viewskernowhoop

I am impressed by the depth of non-league knowledge and it occurs to me that it might form the basis of a dossier which could be handy in a few years - if things do not go as well as we hope. Γ°ΕΈΛœβ€°
Non League 2023/24 Season on 10:38 - Jul 24 with 2068 viewstoboboly

The weather will hopefully allow some games this week, especially after being at AFC on Saturday it will be good to see some non-league.

Hoping for Codicote and/or Potton this week. Fingers crossed to the rain gods.

Non League 2023/24 Season on 15:41 - Jul 24 with 1936 viewsgazza1

Non League 2023/24 Season on 10:00 - Jul 3 by windsorian

Am hoping so mate, we had a really good side when I was growing up.

Played for W&E in the late 70's, early 80's - top side indeed. Won the Athenian League & Cup two year running, FA Cup runs and very close to playing at Wembley in the FA Vase.

Was you around then???
Non League 2023/24 Season on 16:25 - Jul 25 with 1831 viewsstowmarketrange

I’m off to the greater Anglia derby tonight.Needham Market v Stowmarket in a friendly.
A rather damp squib of a game which finished 0-0.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 22:10]
Non League 2023/24 Season on 13:04 - Jul 27 with 1643 viewstoboboly

For those not going to Oxford, but be warned it's a bitch of a ground to get to without a car, we got a cab from the station.

Non League 2023/24 Season on 14:05 - Jul 27 with 1592 viewsaston_hoop

Non League 2023/24 Season on 13:04 - Jul 27 by toboboly

For those not going to Oxford, but be warned it's a bitch of a ground to get to without a car, we got a cab from the station.

Get your tickets in advance apparently

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/july/27/development-squad-bedford/

Non League 2023/24 Season on 14:50 - Jul 31 with 1453 viewstoboboly

Anyone see us beat Bedford?

I managed to get to a game and had a weird situation: ball lofted in, striker stretches and shoots towards goal (approx 6 yards out), shot is saved by spread keeper and the ball then hits the falling strikers flailing arm, ball goes into the back of the net, lino flags, ref has a long chat to lino and then allows the goal?

My question is how has this been allowed? The arm position was natural in that the striker is falling but is spread far away from the body and it wasn't intentional, it just happened to wallop his arm/hand. But surely the laws of the game cannot allow an accidentally punched ball into the net as a goal? Surely we can't be allowing that?

Non League 2023/24 Season on 22:18 - Jul 31 with 1349 viewsstowmarketrange

Non League 2023/24 Season on 14:05 - Jul 27 by aston_hoop

Get your tickets in advance apparently

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/july/27/development-squad-bedford/

The ground is next to the sewage works which certainly do stink.I only used to drive past it in my truck and the smell was terrible.Did anyone go?
Non League 2023/24 Season on 17:50 - Aug 1 with 1274 viewsaston_hoop

For anyone local tonight

Non League 2023/24 Season on 19:23 - Aug 1 with 1214 viewsterryb

Hanwell Town twitter listed our team which included Fox, Gape & Smyth.

However, only ten players were named! No number three.

They have since deleted this tweet!
Non League 2023/24 Season on 19:27 - Aug 1 with 1206 viewsaston_hoop

Non League 2023/24 Season on 19:23 - Aug 1 by terryb

Hanwell Town twitter listed our team which included Fox, Gape & Smyth.

However, only ten players were named! No number three.

They have since deleted this tweet!

Salamon
Harrack
Jude-Boyd
Fox
McCann
Gape
Murphy
Smyth
Bala
Kolli
Petrie

Apparently!

Hanwell live commentary here https://t.co/jElcUQy3OO

Non League 2023/24 Season on 19:36 - Aug 1 with 1179 viewsterryb

Non League 2023/24 Season on 19:27 - Aug 1 by aston_hoop

Salamon
Harrack
Jude-Boyd
Fox
McCann
Gape
Murphy
Smyth
Bala
Kolli
Petrie

Apparently!

Hanwell live commentary here https://t.co/jElcUQy3OO

Cheers Aston.

McCann was the player missing from their list.
Non League 2023/24 Season on 21:55 - Aug 1 with 1100 viewsterryb

A 2-1 win after going behind. Kolli & Bala with the goals.

Hopefully Fox & Smyth didn't suffer any injuries!

It would be quite good if you could get this information through the club rather than the opponents!
Non League 2023/24 Season on 21:58 - Aug 1 with 1096 viewsCateLeBonR

Didn't realise it was Fox playing but he was captain for this. A few bright moments from Smyth first half before he went off. I didn't notice Gape at all but then I had no idea he was playing so wasn't looking out for him.

Saloman had a good game. A couple of notable saves from their speedy number 7 on the left first half and did everything that was asked of him after that.
Non League 2023/24 Season on 22:22 - Aug 1 with 1067 viewsBklynRanger

Didn't Fox just play the first half? Or did he move to left back? Our number 5 in the second half was a decent player but didn't look like him. He did spend a lot of time trying to get people to stand in a straight line at set pieces.

Smyth played the first half and looked good but should have. Walked off at half time looking relaxed so would expect to see him at the weekend.

Chris Ramsey was unable to fill up on the car park pop up jerk chicken before the game started - told to come back in 10 minutes. They keep it real in Hanwell.

Ainsworth was there but also left at half time. All hands to the pumps.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024