Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated 15:59 - Mar 7 with 12941 viewsModeratorC

If you can read and write and on a tractor read on.

https://wwww.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62090/bristol-city-the-

https://wwww.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62102/swansea-city-late

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62113/swansea-fans-don

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62115/swans-lose-in-bris

The officials
MATTHEW DONOHUE
Paul Hodskinson and Lee Venamore
Fourth Official : Stephen Martin

This post has been edited by an administrator
Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 14:59 - Mar 10 with 2135 viewsTreforys_Jack

We didn't deserve to lose but we certainly didn't deserve to win. Our goal scoring options are a huge concern, Cullen can't cut it as a lone striker, neither can Yates, if only we had a big guy they could play off.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 15:05 - Mar 10 with 2073 viewsunion_jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 14:59 - Mar 10 by Treforys_Jack

We didn't deserve to lose but we certainly didn't deserve to win. Our goal scoring options are a huge concern, Cullen can't cut it as a lone striker, neither can Yates, if only we had a big guy they could play off.

I’ll argue that we did deserve to lose because from the whistle, we didn’t try to win.

The endless passing between Wood-Cabango-Rushworth demonstrated no ambition to win but to preserve a 0-0.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 15:06 - Mar 10 with 2060 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62115/swans-lose-in-bris

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 15:14 - Mar 10 with 1982 viewsunion_jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 15:06 - Mar 10 by KeithHaynes

“That seemed to be the final insult”

Brilliant by Liam 😂😂👏👏

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 15:22 - Mar 10 with 1932 viewsTreforys_Jack

Not sure how they'll create a "highlights" video of that.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 15:27 - Mar 10 with 1898 viewsTreforys_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 15:05 - Mar 10 by union_jack

I’ll argue that we did deserve to lose because from the whistle, we didn’t try to win.

The endless passing between Wood-Cabango-Rushworth demonstrated no ambition to win but to preserve a 0-0.

I think we did try to win but just weren't very good. Placheta should have 3 or 4 goals in a white shirt if he hsd a bit more composure. ( Placheta just auto corrected to pathetic, made me smile anyway).
[Post edited 10 Mar 15:41]
Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 15:50 - Mar 10 with 1773 viewsonehunglow

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 15:27 - Mar 10 by Treforys_Jack

I think we did try to win but just weren't very good. Placheta should have 3 or 4 goals in a white shirt if he hsd a bit more composure. ( Placheta just auto corrected to pathetic, made me smile anyway).
[Post edited 10 Mar 15:41]

Coaches improve players, it’s what a coach actually means .
We don’t have a good one

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 16:24 - Mar 10 with 1656 viewsbuilthjack

I didn’t see the game. I have spoken to a few who were at the game.
Garbage by the sound of it.
We have a bottom half championship squad.
Not many are top half players. I don’t think we have a single Premier League player now.
Hopefully we will survive, but we need a complete clear out.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 16:28 - Mar 10 with 1639 viewsonehunglow

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 16:24 - Mar 10 by builthjack

I didn’t see the game. I have spoken to a few who were at the game.
Garbage by the sound of it.
We have a bottom half championship squad.
Not many are top half players. I don’t think we have a single Premier League player now.
Hopefully we will survive, but we need a complete clear out.

absolutely

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 16:45 - Mar 10 with 1585 viewsBoundy

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 16:28 - Mar 10 by onehunglow

absolutely

And if we continue to replace c/ship players with league 1 then there's only one way we're heading ,so a complete clearout may not be so attractive

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 16:57 - Mar 10 with 1556 viewssw02sea

I’m starting to think that myself. Some of his previous substitutions have actually made us worse. Loose to The Skum on Saturday, and perhaps people will start to question his credibility as a coach/manager.
Plus wtf is the leaving out of the U21 Ukraine International, Mykola Kuharevich all about??
How useless does he have to be, not to even be on the bench, when he’s up against Cullen and Banjo Yates?
I’ve lost count the number of games the opposition centre back has had a pipe & slippers day, against those 2.
It’s basic stuff to have a different option to come off the bench, and he’s that option. Who else have we got?
He can’t be that useless, Shirley??
Something’s not right. I reckon Luke Williams is a Russian spy.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 17:09 - Mar 10 with 1508 viewsunion_jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 16:57 - Mar 10 by sw02sea

I’m starting to think that myself. Some of his previous substitutions have actually made us worse. Loose to The Skum on Saturday, and perhaps people will start to question his credibility as a coach/manager.
Plus wtf is the leaving out of the U21 Ukraine International, Mykola Kuharevich all about??
How useless does he have to be, not to even be on the bench, when he’s up against Cullen and Banjo Yates?
I’ve lost count the number of games the opposition centre back has had a pipe & slippers day, against those 2.
It’s basic stuff to have a different option to come off the bench, and he’s that option. Who else have we got?

I’ve already started questioning his credibility I’m sorry to say.

I agree, something is not right. If they’re are playing to orders then they’re strange ones. If they’re not, he’s lost control of the players.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 17:15 - Mar 10 with 1470 viewsonehunglow

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 17:09 - Mar 10 by union_jack

I’ve already started questioning his credibility I’m sorry to say.

I agree, something is not right. If they’re are playing to orders then they’re strange ones. If they’re not, he’s lost control of the players.

Some poster,Winston,probably,says I have always slagged off recent managers. He’s probably right
Cooper…fecked up two promotions
Potter…flattered to deceive ,
Duff,an irrelevance

Worst two are the current incumbent and Russy the much loved Doyen we had . These two are / were full of BS mouthing utterly bland management speak crap aimed T impressing our impressionable ones .

Martin and Lukey have presided over horrific defensive shows and toothless attacks

We have shunned managers that would have made us proud again and you are proud when the team collects points a

Williams has nothing to be proud about and no player is worthy of being called magnificent

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 17:26 - Mar 10 with 1443 viewsDr_Winston

We needed a change from the approach that Russell Martin spent two years trying and failing miserably to make work here. An approach that he no longer utilises himself, just to hammer that point home. The instinct behind the appointment of Duff was the correct one. It was a move that ultimately didn't work out, but the reasoning was sound.

The concern I've always had about bringing Williams in was that we would panic and course correct too much right back to where we found ourselves in the Summer, which as things stand looks like exactly what has happened. We have Russell Martin Mk2 without Piroe to bail him out.

Now, it's too early to be panicking and thinking about changing again, even though the usual empty vessel is already enjoying the prospect, but we desperately need him to learn what doesn't work. I spent two years of Russy hoping for that too and it didn't happen. Maybe things will work out differently this time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 17:39 - Mar 10 with 1395 viewsWhiterockin

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 17:26 - Mar 10 by Dr_Winston

We needed a change from the approach that Russell Martin spent two years trying and failing miserably to make work here. An approach that he no longer utilises himself, just to hammer that point home. The instinct behind the appointment of Duff was the correct one. It was a move that ultimately didn't work out, but the reasoning was sound.

The concern I've always had about bringing Williams in was that we would panic and course correct too much right back to where we found ourselves in the Summer, which as things stand looks like exactly what has happened. We have Russell Martin Mk2 without Piroe to bail him out.

Now, it's too early to be panicking and thinking about changing again, even though the usual empty vessel is already enjoying the prospect, but we desperately need him to learn what doesn't work. I spent two years of Russy hoping for that too and it didn't happen. Maybe things will work out differently this time.

We would have been better sticking with Sheehan.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 17:42 - Mar 10 with 1382 viewsunion_jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 17:26 - Mar 10 by Dr_Winston

Good post though I will disagree with you on R’s concerns.

You’re right, he needs to change his tactics, if he is instructing them to go and play like they did from the first minute then we were always going to be in danger of conceding.

All I hope is that they were saving themselves for next week and that the Ipswich result makes Cardiff over confident. Tall ask I think! It happened to BC though, great cup run, beat Southampton then play awfully for the next 5 games including today. You’re welcome Robins!!

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 18:38 - Mar 10 with 1255 viewsDr_Winston

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 17:39 - Mar 10 by Whiterockin

We would have been better sticking with Sheehan.

I wasn't all that fussed on Sheehan either to tell you the truth, but we may well have been better off doing that than going back to the well, which is what it looks like we've done.

Again as I say it's way too early to be panicking, but it's thirteen games now and you'd be hard pressed to identify a good 90 minute performance in any of them. Even in games against stronger opposition, which in fairness to him we've largely faced you'd expect to see the beginnings of organisation there, to at least go down fighting. Instead we've taken some serious drubbings. We look further away from the top sides than we did under Duff.

We need him to be better than this because constantly chopping and changing managers is expensive and disruptive, not to mention the mess it can make of recruitment when players are acquired to suit a manager who isn't going to be around long enough to get the best out of them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 18:50 - Mar 10 with 1209 viewsWhiterockin

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 18:38 - Mar 10 by Dr_Winston

I wasn't all that fussed on Sheehan either to tell you the truth, but we may well have been better off doing that than going back to the well, which is what it looks like we've done.

Again as I say it's way too early to be panicking, but it's thirteen games now and you'd be hard pressed to identify a good 90 minute performance in any of them. Even in games against stronger opposition, which in fairness to him we've largely faced you'd expect to see the beginnings of organisation there, to at least go down fighting. Instead we've taken some serious drubbings. We look further away from the top sides than we did under Duff.

We need him to be better than this because constantly chopping and changing managers is expensive and disruptive, not to mention the mess it can make of recruitment when players are acquired to suit a manager who isn't going to be around long enough to get the best out of them.

You are right chopping and changing managers is ridiculously expensive, it would have been cheaper to pay for a quality manager straight off.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 18:59 - Mar 10 with 1182 viewsDr_Winston

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 18:50 - Mar 10 by Whiterockin

You are right chopping and changing managers is ridiculously expensive, it would have been cheaper to pay for a quality manager straight off.

Any managerial appointment is a gamble, but I genuinely don't think that a lot of thought or effort went into this one.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 19:03 - Mar 10 with 1168 viewsonehunglow

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 16:57 - Mar 10 by sw02sea

I’ve harped on about the Uke chap.
Initially,he as injured,unfit, getting over injury ,getting fitter,then not ready .
It’s shite
Something is not right and our “ coach” seems as forked tongued “ as his mentor .
He is taking nowhere but down
We are back to faffing around at the back
Centre halves in injury times actually sideways passing it four times .
We have a captain so utterly dull and lacking in inspiration it is painful. HE leads on the pitch ,or he should.
I’ve never seen him cajoling or geeing up his teammates.
Anyone seen it,let’s see the evidence .

If we survive,we need a new coach ,yep,a NEW one with experience and gonads ,and a new captain. Ideally sell Grimes and build @ new side around a vibrant captain,not one who slows everything down .
II was told not to fret because so many were below us in the table .
Nah.it didn’t wash with me either.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 19:37 - Mar 10 with 1078 viewsKeithHaynes

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 18:50 - Mar 10 by Whiterockin

Is the right answer.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 19:47 - Mar 10 with 1035 viewsunion_jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 19:37 - Mar 10 by KeithHaynes

Is the right answer.

From the displays lately, he doesn’t seem like the right guy. I’ll be happy for anyone to rub my f@ce in it if I’m wrong.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 20:04 - Mar 10 with 1003 viewsvetchonian

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 19:47 - Mar 10 by union_jack

From the displays lately, he doesn’t seem like the right guy. I’ll be happy for anyone to rub my f@ce in it if I’m wrong.

I didn't see today's game I listened to it live and it sounded as though we had reverted to Martinball with walking football being mentioned a lot on commentary.
When I have watched us under Williams we seemed to be more focused on moving the ball quickly especially with the addition of Ron and Placheta.
Williams has been critiscised for his up and at them approach...but today it seems he played a more Martinesque game the possession stats indicate that at 72 % which are considerably higher than most other games under Lukes stewardship.
Much has been said about the quality of our squad there are gaps....apart from Ron and Placheta we lack pace....yes sides know if we can mark these out of tue game we become toothless....
Personally I have enjoyed the games I've seen at home under Williams....I missed the Leeds game asbi was 3500 ft up in the air but even the Plymouth game we played some decent attractive attacking football.
It seems to me and may well be wrong but today it seems Lukey changed tack.
Given the fickle nature of our fan base if we win next Saturday he will be the best thing since sliced bread

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 20:04 - Mar 10 with 1003 viewspembsjack

LW is our third coach/manager of the season. These type of performances have been the story of the whole season, its not just a LW thing. Judgment on Williams should be on hold until we have a squad overhaul. The recruitment team are to blame for the mess we are in.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:21 - Mar 10 with 713 viewsscruffyjack

Our best right back and centre half sitting on the bench, a genuine centre forward option not in the match day squad, again!
This guy is no upgrade.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024