Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
110 Corners 22:55 - Jan 25 with 3103 viewsTenbySwan

Stat on Sky tonight.
We have had a 110 corners so far this season and no goals, and to be fair not wishing to detract from a decent overall performance didn't really look like breaking this duck tonight.
110 Corners on 22:58 - Jan 25 with 2656 viewsmax936

We need to be much much better at set piece, it starts with the delivery, but we need players to know when to sick and when to go in the area, when we come up against the bigger teams its difficult.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

110 Corners on 22:59 - Jan 25 with 2654 viewsThrasher6

But you are detracting from it. I saw the stat...we all saw the stat. It's actually not how we play...we are not something like Stoke used to be..where they (Pulis) would look to steal goals...because basically they were donkeys. We play football..

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

110 Corners on 23:06 - Jan 25 with 2632 viewsTenbySwan

110 Corners on 22:59 - Jan 25 by Thrasher6

But you are detracting from it. I saw the stat...we all saw the stat. It's actually not how we play...we are not something like Stoke used to be..where they (Pulis) would look to steal goals...because basically they were donkeys. We play football..

Absolutely not detracting from tonight the stat is for all season. We have in the past scored good goals from corners. And then there are things like the legendary Sheringham corner with the ball played to the corner if the box.
There are different things we can try other than lumping the ball in.
110 Corners on 23:11 - Jan 25 with 2624 viewsmax936

110 Corners on 23:06 - Jan 25 by TenbySwan

Absolutely not detracting from tonight the stat is for all season. We have in the past scored good goals from corners. And then there are things like the legendary Sheringham corner with the ball played to the corner if the box.
There are different things we can try other than lumping the ball in.

This, with either hit the first man defending or it flies straight out behind or other side of the field for a throw, they need to spend a couple of sessions a well practising set piece moves, as it is, at the moment it doesn't seem that we practice any set-piece plays.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

110 Corners on 23:26 - Jan 25 with 2601 viewsbuilthjack

Grimes can't take a decent corner. From what I have seen so far the Wolf won't be any better.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2022 23:31]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

110 Corners on 23:28 - Jan 25 with 2597 viewsThrasher6

110 Corners on 23:26 - Jan 25 by builthjack

Grimes can't take a decent corner. From what I have seen so far the Wolf won't be any better.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2022 23:31]

I do agree with that tbf...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

110 Corners on 23:43 - Jan 25 with 2581 viewsTreforys_Jack

110 Corners on 23:28 - Jan 25 by Thrasher6

I do agree with that tbf...

Grimes can't take a decent corner or free kick, the others must be shocking for him to still be on them. The stats for him are damning.
110 Corners on 23:45 - Jan 25 with 2576 viewsbuilthjack

110 Corners on 23:43 - Jan 25 by Treforys_Jack

Grimes can't take a decent corner or free kick, the others must be shocking for him to still be on them. The stats for him are damning.

I just can't understand how he still takes them.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

110 Corners on 00:05 - Jan 26 with 2560 viewsDr_Parnassus

110 Corners on 22:59 - Jan 25 by Thrasher6

You don’t have to play like a Pulis side to score from a corner. It’s set piece preparation and tactical implementation.

Barca score from corners and free kicks too, it’s not a negative.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

110 Corners on 01:06 - Jan 26 with 2539 viewsjasper_T

110 Corners on 00:05 - Jan 26 by Dr_Parnassus

You don’t have to play like a Pulis side to score from a corner. It’s set piece preparation and tactical implementation.

Barca score from corners and free kicks too, it’s not a negative.

Among top leagues the average corners to goals rate is around 3-4%, with short corner routines tending to be slightly more successful than lumping it straight into the box. Sides set up to take advantage of set pieces may nudge that closer to 6 or 7% in a good year, but footballing sides tend to win more (Man City and Liverpool both with well over double Burnley's count so far this season).

Nothing from over 100 attempts is poor, just because we've not got many big lads on the pitch doesn't mean we shouldn't score a few goals. Stats say we've won 4.4 per game this season. Over 46 games that's 200 corners. 6-8 goals missing.

At least we don't concede most of them like we did under Potter.
110 Corners on 05:43 - Jan 26 with 2478 viewsOptimisticJack

110 Corners on 23:45 - Jan 25 by builthjack

I just can't understand how he still takes them.

The corners last night were all taken by Wolf.
Quality worse than that of Grimes.

Optimisticjack

110 Corners on 06:16 - Jan 26 with 2466 viewsDr_Parnassus

110 Corners on 01:06 - Jan 26 by jasper_T

Among top leagues the average corners to goals rate is around 3-4%, with short corner routines tending to be slightly more successful than lumping it straight into the box. Sides set up to take advantage of set pieces may nudge that closer to 6 or 7% in a good year, but footballing sides tend to win more (Man City and Liverpool both with well over double Burnley's count so far this season).

Nothing from over 100 attempts is poor, just because we've not got many big lads on the pitch doesn't mean we shouldn't score a few goals. Stats say we've won 4.4 per game this season. Over 46 games that's 200 corners. 6-8 goals missing.

At least we don't concede most of them like we did under Potter.

Good post

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

110 Corners on 07:10 - Jan 26 with 2421 viewsAguycalledJack

For as long as I can remember we’ve been crap at corners.

There is only 1 season that I can recall when I think it was Melville and knill as the central defenders when one would flick it on at the near post for the other in the middle of the box to score. Can’t remember the year.

Mind you that big step up onto the pitch at the vetch never used to help.

Any professional footballer should be embarrassed if they can’t beat the first man when taking a corner. There are pub league players week in week out that take better corners.
110 Corners on 07:22 - Jan 26 with 2404 viewsfelixstowe_jack

110 Corners on 07:10 - Jan 26 by AguycalledJack

For as long as I can remember we’ve been crap at corners.

There is only 1 season that I can recall when I think it was Melville and knill as the central defenders when one would flick it on at the near post for the other in the middle of the box to score. Can’t remember the year.

Mind you that big step up onto the pitch at the vetch never used to help.

Any professional footballer should be embarrassed if they can’t beat the first man when taking a corner. There are pub league players week in week out that take better corners.

We had better seasons in the PL taking corners Mawson scored quite a few.

We even scored a few goals from corners under Cooper in the last two seasons.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 7:23]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

110 Corners on 10:25 - Jan 26 with 2294 viewsonehunglow

Maybe they can be coached and then practised until they get a right.
Its not brain surgery

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

110 Corners on 10:59 - Jan 26 with 2268 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It's a limitation of the coaching personnel assigned to set pieces.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

110 Corners on 11:05 - Jan 26 with 2256 viewsKeithHaynes

Great thread Tenby 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

110 Corners on 11:26 - Jan 26 with 2226 viewsItchySphincter

I don’t think there’s much working with Grimes’s delivery but besides Ben Cabango or Piroe who can we honestly say is willing to attack the ball in the box?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

110 Corners on 13:23 - Jan 26 with 2171 viewsFlashberryjack

110 Corners on 23:43 - Jan 25 by Treforys_Jack

You would have thought the team would work on their set play deficiencies in training.
Not sure of the stats, but we seem to lose at least 50% of our throw ins as well.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

110 Corners on 13:38 - Jan 26 with 2156 viewsjojaca

Would help if we stopped taking pointless short corners which come to nothing. Put the ball in the mixer because the odds over a season a defender will put the ball in the back of his own net and you will get decent ricochets from badly timed clearances etc.

Even when you know, you never know?

110 Corners on 18:49 - Jan 26 with 2059 viewsTreforys_Jack

It sometimes feels like we're more likely to concede than score from our corners.
110 Corners on 19:44 - Jan 26 with 2026 viewsKeithHaynes

110 Corners. Great name for a band btw.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

110 Corners on 20:05 - Jan 26 with 1993 viewsWhiterockin

110 Corners on 19:44 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

110 Corners. Great name for a band btw.

Amen

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

110 Corners on 23:21 - Jan 26 with 1917 viewsTenbySwan

110 Corners on 11:05 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

Great thread Tenby 👍

Thanks Keith 👍
110 Corners on 12:29 - Jan 27 with 1860 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Most corners we end up passing it back to our keeper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024