Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done to our U21s making the Play offs 13:18 - May 11 with 1353 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/report-swansea-city-u21s-1-birmingham-city-u21s

Would be nice if they made the final for one last trip of the season.

I Have woke up on Saturday and I am already missing the Swans 😭!

How many days untill pre season lads?
This year I hope they sort the footage of our friendlies.
Home games instead of bloody training ground rubbish.

The Oxford pre season friendly was shocking.
If Oxford come up this year that will be two year on the trot a promoted side from League one have come up after playing the Swans pre season.

The other team being Plymouth.
[Post edited 11 May 13:19]

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 12:28 - May 20 with 1181 viewsjasper_T

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 18:14 - May 20 with 1079 viewsRhonddaSwans

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 12:28 - May 20 by jasper_T

Top man thank you mate

COME ON THE SWANS!

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 18:50 - May 20 with 1052 viewsRichardO

78 people waiting for SUTV at the moment including me
Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 18:53 - May 20 with 1048 viewsWhiterockin

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 18:50 - May 20 by RichardO

78 people waiting for SUTV at the moment including me

And me.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 19:38 - May 20 with 994 viewsRichardO

O-2 down, two pieces of careless play punished
Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 19:42 - May 20 with 975 viewsWhiterockin

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 19:38 - May 20 by RichardO

O-2 down, two pieces of careless play punished

It's very sloppy at the moment, far too casual.

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 19:44 - May 20 with 959 viewsWhiterockin

2-1

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 19:46 - May 20 with 947 viewsRichardO

Excellent goal, space created by winning the ball higher up the park
Login to get fewer ads

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 20:03 - May 20 with 900 viewsMad_Mike

Great goal by Nzingo.
Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 20:14 - May 20 with 871 viewsRichardO

Careless again, happy to play risky football at the back but not prepared to play the low percentage balls forward so not creating any consistent pressure on the opposition
Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 21:07 - May 20 with 786 viewsRichardO

4-2 loss, disappointing 3 goals given away 4th well working goal as they moved the ball quickly forward, our second created by pressure in their box.
Hopefully the high intensity play that Williams wants doesn't allow the opposition to regain their defensive shape so easily.
Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 21:29 - May 20 with 744 viewsReslovenSwan1

The young left back had a bad night with three of his mistakes costing goals. Sheff utd had ruthless forwards.

Swansea was hamstrung by not having proper central striker. Cadogan and Wilson out. Ngingo and Govea were out wide with Congreve a midfield pushed up top. He did not look convincing there.

Woodward is a forward came on and scored.
[Post edited 20 May 21:30]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 22:43 - May 20 with 663 viewsRichardO

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 21:29 - May 20 by ReslovenSwan1

The young left back had a bad night with three of his mistakes costing goals. Sheff utd had ruthless forwards.

Swansea was hamstrung by not having proper central striker. Cadogan and Wilson out. Ngingo and Govea were out wide with Congreve a midfield pushed up top. He did not look convincing there.

Woodward is a forward came on and scored.
[Post edited 20 May 21:30]

Looked as if the left back didn't look comfortable playing a patient game and wanted to get the ball moving forward but that was not the way we had been set up, think Congreve would have been better suited on the right with Nzingo playing the central role, or Congreve playing as a number ten off Nzingo.
Still think you have to play the ball forward to put pressure on defenses in many cases sooner rather than later to get us further up the pitch because when we did we looked threatening and we would stop making the mistakes at the back gifting opportunities to the opposition.
Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 07:41 - May 21 with 587 viewsRichardO

What is the score with Joe Thomas he looks comfortable on the right, for me looks like one for the future what has his injury history been like. Rather see him progress into the first team than have another Ashby on loan and would be able to play ninety minutes, hope we are not relying solely on Naughton to be back up for Key.
Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 08:41 - May 21 with 557 viewsLegend83

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 07:41 - May 21 by RichardO

What is the score with Joe Thomas he looks comfortable on the right, for me looks like one for the future what has his injury history been like. Rather see him progress into the first team than have another Ashby on loan and would be able to play ninety minutes, hope we are not relying solely on Naughton to be back up for Key.

I wasn't so impressed with him, thought he was a bit sloppy and he basically gave up for the 3rd goal didn't even bother attempting a sliding challenge and their player just shot across goal easily.

Irrelevant though, as he was not on the retained list.
Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 09:54 - May 21 with 513 viewsRichardO

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 08:41 - May 21 by Legend83

I wasn't so impressed with him, thought he was a bit sloppy and he basically gave up for the 3rd goal didn't even bother attempting a sliding challenge and their player just shot across goal easily.

Irrelevant though, as he was not on the retained list.

I know he isn't on the retained list which is the point I was questioning and as to why, seems fast enough to cope with fast tricky wingers, can compete for the ball in the air, which actually led to our first goal, and seems to have good ball control, for one of their goals other we didn't track back with the players coming from deep leaving him out numbered.
For me looks as if he could make the step up but until younger players get a decent run out in the first team very hard to judge if they can compete or not.
Hopefully with a settled team from the off next season the first team can capitalise on the youth system.
As for Joe hope he does well in his future where ever he plays.
Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 10:25 - May 21 with 482 viewsjasper_T

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 09:54 - May 21 by RichardO

I know he isn't on the retained list which is the point I was questioning and as to why, seems fast enough to cope with fast tricky wingers, can compete for the ball in the air, which actually led to our first goal, and seems to have good ball control, for one of their goals other we didn't track back with the players coming from deep leaving him out numbered.
For me looks as if he could make the step up but until younger players get a decent run out in the first team very hard to judge if they can compete or not.
Hopefully with a settled team from the off next season the first team can capitalise on the youth system.
As for Joe hope he does well in his future where ever he plays.

Joe Thomas is 22, much older than the rest of the side (all teenagers apart from Ludvigsen and Bates, both 20). Sam Parker hasn't turned 18 yet. I thought he was pretty poor last night, he's been good for the u21s overall but if you're not ready for a step up at this stage then moving on is the only option.
Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 11:43 - May 21 with 443 viewsRichardO

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 10:25 - May 21 by jasper_T

Joe Thomas is 22, much older than the rest of the side (all teenagers apart from Ludvigsen and Bates, both 20). Sam Parker hasn't turned 18 yet. I thought he was pretty poor last night, he's been good for the u21s overall but if you're not ready for a step up at this stage then moving on is the only option.

Thought it was all a bit slow and pedestrian yesterday in contrast to the Birmingham game, most probably upset by the change in the forward line.
Haven't seen a lot of the u21s so not aware how inconsistent players are and how much home advantage comes into play.
Is it a case of if you're good enough then age shouldn't be a limiting factor either way, as for how do we know if someone is good enough that is very hard to tell if you get put into the first team that is a bit of a shambles then it stands to reason that your weaknesses get amplified if the team has been stabilised then maybe your strong points show more.
Remember Ben Davies came into a relatively stable team set up and thrived he did make mistakes and he got caught out a number of time but was covered properly, early in the season just gone loan youngster's were draughted in and made the mistakes expected of them but we weren't set up right,Platino in the Leicester game got scapegoated but other senior players were very poor and didn't offer the support he needed.
Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 19:17 - May 22 with 298 viewsRhonddaSwans

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 11:43 - May 21 by RichardO

Thought it was all a bit slow and pedestrian yesterday in contrast to the Birmingham game, most probably upset by the change in the forward line.
Haven't seen a lot of the u21s so not aware how inconsistent players are and how much home advantage comes into play.
Is it a case of if you're good enough then age shouldn't be a limiting factor either way, as for how do we know if someone is good enough that is very hard to tell if you get put into the first team that is a bit of a shambles then it stands to reason that your weaknesses get amplified if the team has been stabilised then maybe your strong points show more.
Remember Ben Davies came into a relatively stable team set up and thrived he did make mistakes and he got caught out a number of time but was covered properly, early in the season just gone loan youngster's were draughted in and made the mistakes expected of them but we weren't set up right,Platino in the Leicester game got scapegoated but other senior players were very poor and didn't offer the support he needed.

Next poster of the year you have my vote.

Your Swans knowledge is outstanding bro

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 22:09 - May 22 with 244 viewsRichardO

Well done to our U21s making the Play offs on 19:17 - May 22 by RhonddaSwans

Next poster of the year you have my vote.

Your Swans knowledge is outstanding bro

I'm sure there are plenty other posters who know a lot more about the Academy products and have seen a lot more of them than I.
I had time on my hands and given I think we will look to our youth more next season I was interested to see how they were doing.
[Post edited 22 May 22:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024