Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
park 08:08 - Sep 30 with 1915 viewsdazhoopa

he's a good player, but is being played no matter what because of the asian interest he brings no matter his form.i do think we have better options down the flanks and he shouldn't be 1st name on the team sheet no matter what as it seems to be at the moment.does anyone agree.
park on 08:32 - Sep 30 with 1902 viewscorse

i do agree.
he has been just a mere tourist on the pitch. no tackles, no chasing, a couple of half decent passes, looks like he is not intersted and just waiting for the weekly pay check and probably the poorest choice for a captain hughes could make.
the biggest dissapointment of our signings this season.no question.
park on 08:46 - Sep 30 with 1882 viewsWatford_Ranger

park on 08:32 - Sep 30 by corse

i do agree.
he has been just a mere tourist on the pitch. no tackles, no chasing, a couple of half decent passes, looks like he is not intersted and just waiting for the weekly pay check and probably the poorest choice for a captain hughes could make.
the biggest dissapointment of our signings this season.no question.

??????

No tackles or chasing? Granted he doesn't offer enough going forward but the bloke does countless tackling and chasing. I honestly can't believe you've been watching him if that's your view.
park on 09:10 - Sep 30 with 1862 viewsPey

Park is a quality player but playing a bit out of position on the left wing to accommodate MH sweetheart SWP.

Cesar
Dyer Nelsen Hill Bosingwa(if fit)
Faurlin Granero
Park Taarabt Hoilett
Zamora

or

Cesar
Park Faurlin Granero Hoilett
Cisse Zamora

Would make a good side to have chance of beating West Ham.
park on 09:21 - Sep 30 with 1841 viewsShotKneesHoop

park on 09:10 - Sep 30 by Pey

Park is a quality player but playing a bit out of position on the left wing to accommodate MH sweetheart SWP.

Cesar
Faurlin Granero
Park Taarabt Hoilett
Zamora

or

Cesar
Park Faurlin Granero Hoilett
Cisse Zamora

Would make a good side to have chance of beating West Ham.

Pey's comment on SWP being 'accommodated" by MH is spot on.

Until SWP is back where he deserves, gathering splinters on the bench before being transferred to the likes of Walsall or Brentford, the R's will always be playing with 10 footballers and a primary school add on.

MH's continued selection of SWP is mystifying - based on his woeful performances last year and the continued headless chicken running around this year.

If I was JM, AT, JH, DC and the rest, I'd be well pissed off at this favouritism, I can't remember anything as biased selection since Karl Ready kept being selected after producing one poor performance after another.

We'll start winning when SWP stops being selected. What has SWP got on MH?
And what has AT done to deserve the shunned treatment?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

park on 10:29 - Sep 30 with 1791 viewsjohann28

Yes, agree with last two posts. Park's best (only?) position is wide right - for me, he should play there or not at all. AT is still our best player imo, and if he can't be accommodated in the team, then there's something wrong with the team.
park on 10:51 - Sep 30 with 1753 viewsDesertBoot

I agree, he should be playing wide right. Most of his goals for Utd came from that position. He was brilliant against Chelsea and hopefully reproduces that tomorrow.

Wish I could be like David Watts

park on 11:01 - Sep 30 with 1748 viewsbaz_qpr

Almost agree with the OP, I think its unbalancing the team at the moment, would rather see Taarabt on the left if Hoilett is going to play central. Understood it for Chelsea / Spurs /Man City, but the truth is we only got one point from those games
park on 11:24 - Sep 30 with 1719 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think Park's been great this season. Saying he doesn't pass or chase is outrageous. The least of our problems.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

park on 11:29 - Sep 30 with 1715 viewsbosh67

Park no doubt is a top talent. As are most of the team. Problem is they haven't bonded yet. They will, no doubt, if they don't get into downward confidence issues about results. We've also seen Park, like so many other players, have to play a number of positions due to injuries and team shape. So, hard to say he's been a disappointment, because he's looked sharp in most games.

A captain he isn't though. For me it should be Nelson at the moment. Or even Cesar, much as I don't generally like leaders as keepers.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

park on 13:24 - Sep 30 with 1637 viewsThGrimRanger

park on 11:24 - Sep 30 by Antti_Heinola

I think Park's been great this season. Saying he doesn't pass or chase is outrageous. The least of our problems.

Just goes to show how different people see different things. For me he's the most disappointing player so far, in terms of (my) expectations.

I felt embaressed for him on Weds night.

TheGrimRanger

park on 13:42 - Sep 30 with 1618 viewsRanger78

This post has surprised me. Park is without any doubt a top player who will add a great deal to a team of our stauture.

I think his effort has been 1st class! His performnces are part of the bigger picture of players settling and find the beat eleven.

I feel it difficult to critiscise anyone who is played out of their natural position.

When played in his natural wide position, I am not sure there is anyone better to replace him
park on 13:47 - Sep 30 with 1613 viewsTacticalR

My main problem with Park is that he doesn't seem to be on the wavelength as the other players. His best game was against Chelsea where he seemed to know what he was doing and linked up with other players like Bosingwa, but he was terrible on the wing against Reading.

I'm not sure what his natural position is. On the Asia tour he seemed to be playing as a defensive midfielder. I've also noticed he is quite good at harrying the opposition and getting the ball back. Now he seems to have a more free-ranging forward role.

Presumably he was attracted to the club on the basis that he would be playing every week, and that's fine as long as he is played in his correct position. He should have been taken off much earlier in the second half against Reading, because it was obvious he was having a bad game.

Air hostess clique

park on 14:28 - Sep 30 with 1568 viewsRBlock

See what i've noticed is that Park will constantly get in good attacking positions down the left but he lacks that final ball. He has had a couple of chances he should have buried but has hit a tame shot at the keeper, his crossing leaves something to be desired. IMO we should play him out right in his favoured position where he is less likely to cut in and shoot. Taarabt/Junior just offer so much more danger wide left, both have a quality shot and cross, and more pace than Park on that side. Park on the left SWP on the right for your Citehs, United, Scum, i can understand but against West Hams, WBA, Reading ect we need to threaten the goal more.
park on 14:40 - Sep 30 with 1551 viewsingeminate

park on 14:28 - Sep 30 by RBlock

See what i've noticed is that Park will constantly get in good attacking positions down the left but he lacks that final ball. He has had a couple of chances he should have buried but has hit a tame shot at the keeper, his crossing leaves something to be desired. IMO we should play him out right in his favoured position where he is less likely to cut in and shoot. Taarabt/Junior just offer so much more danger wide left, both have a quality shot and cross, and more pace than Park on that side. Park on the left SWP on the right for your Citehs, United, Scum, i can understand but against West Hams, WBA, Reading ect we need to threaten the goal more.

What makes our current squad different from other squads we've had is the quality in depth. So a player like Park can overall be doing OK, there is no doubt he covers tonnes of ground and has played some decent passes and has a touch of class.

That said if it mean we are not playing Hoilett or Adel or potentially Diakite - given a lot of our team rotate positions it may be that another player may offer even more.

In the past if a player did pretty well then it was a no-brainer they kept their place, things have or should have changed in that repect.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

park on 15:24 - Sep 30 with 1512 viewskarlski

runs about a lot, so far been rather ineffective. Missed a sitter v Chelsea. I'm on the disappointed side of the fence, and I thought he'd be a great signing.

Interesting about his best position. For Utd he was always brought in to do a more defensive job from the wing, my take on it would be that he's a bit lost, he doesn't actually have a best position. He's decent at a range of things but not excellent in any department. I too think there are better options at the moment but I can see the logic of including his work-rate against the better sides...remains to be seen how effective he can be in other games.
park on 16:12 - Sep 30 with 1471 viewswestberksr

imo; some of the comments on the harsh side. Have to say he didn't impress on Wednesday playing on the left but at the end of the day he is a right midfielder!

wasn't playing it the way Junior or Adel do in that position as he doesn't have the same tricks to cut in as they do. tried to get to the line and cross but his distribution with his left foot was poor.

As one of the 3 in a 352 he works bloody hard and does loads of closing down and linked well with Ale and Granero. Also showed a bigger pair of nads than I expected when he blanked JblackcntT at the line up and centre circle.

just think Hughes isn't doing a couple of players favours by playing them out of position and we aren't giving them a bit of slack as they try to gell as a team whilst half the team are injured and it's all hands on deck.
park on 16:50 - Sep 30 with 1429 viewsToast_R

Having spent 5 years odd at Old Trafford, moving to play for Rangers is going to be a big difference for Park where the quality he's somewhat used to isn't quite of the same calibre. He will obviously need time to adjust his own game and mindset which won't be a spontaneous transition.

Patients guys patients.

Quality signing but finding his feet.
park on 17:40 - Sep 30 with 1384 viewsAntti_Heinola

tbf i wasn't there wed, but thought he was excellent v chelsea.
i think a few people are rushing to a lot of quick judgements at the moment.

Bare bones.

park on 05:07 - Oct 1 with 1212 viewsBeaufort27

TBF he'd been pretty poor for United for the past two years leading up to his arrival here. I know a lot of United fans were more sad at the departure of Park as an idea than as an actual footballer :/

That said he was excellent against chelsea.

That said i agree with the OP that he should not be an automatic start, especially with potentially younger, hungrier players in the waiting..
park on 05:23 - Oct 1 with 1210 viewsDylanP

MH couldn't care less about the Asian angle. He plays Park coz he is quality. Complete rubbish that he doesn't tackle or track back.

Agree that SWP's selection is mystifying.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

park on 08:33 - Oct 1 with 1173 viewsKiwi76

Definitely in my first choice midfield & could/should have been a hero already with the winner that wasn't vs Chelsea.
Struggled in middle first couple of games but playing well wide and only going to get better with Granero & Faurlin alongside.
Mackie like work rate with added experience + class.
Be easier if had same fullback two games in a row....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024