Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
a case for hill 08:03 - Nov 9 with 3501 viewsdazhoopa

why has clint hill been overlooked at centreback,he was our best player to the end of last season and i think when he's played thier this season he hasen't let us down.its only when moved to leftback he's had problems and dew to MH tending to leave out people he blames for bad results,tarbs,faurlin he won't get a look in.sureley against stoke with no mbia it has to be hill and nelson,them two would be best at dealing with stokes physical threat,hopefully with faurlin or diakiti in front of them.i just hope thats the case this saturday.
a case for hill on 08:12 - Nov 9 with 2945 viewsVish

overlooked because MH didn't sign him
a case for hill on 08:33 - Nov 9 with 2932 viewsdazhoopa

MH didn't buy ferdinand
a case for hill on 08:38 - Nov 9 with 2927 viewsCHUBBS

We will probably lose at Stoke even with Hill but if he plays the useless shrinking violet we'll probably get hammered.
a case for hill on 09:04 - Nov 9 with 2905 viewspomanjou

Maybe because Hill himself said he wasnt quick enuff. However that was as a wide back and I hope he will make it ahead of Ferdinand.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

a case for hill on 09:09 - Nov 9 with 2900 viewswestberksr

been banging on for months that if Ferdinand is the answer; what the fukk is the question?!

whilst Hill is available he should be before AF every week.Might be 5 years older but at CB he is 10 years better. Knows his limitations and does everything to avoid being exploited; AF is the exact opposite, doesn't seem to recognise his weaknesses and repeatedly gets caught out or just looks like he's not bothered or 2 stone overweight so can't look bothered.

can't explain the MH thinking as he often has better players available than the ones that get picked
a case for hill on 09:15 - Nov 9 with 2881 viewsDesertBoot

Ferdinand was a disgrace on Sunday. Really don't want him anywhere near the team indefinitely.

Wish I could be like David Watts

a case for hill on 09:28 - Nov 9 with 2878 viewsPhildo

it is nothing new though. Ferdinand was poor last year as well. Poor signing by Warnock.
a case for hill on 09:49 - Nov 9 with 2847 viewsbarbicanranger

to the OP - when I listened to Bowen moaning on the open all Rs podcast about how we've conceded goals from so many set pieces this season and he doesnt know why because it wasnt an issue last year and when he went on to add against Reading they knew it'd be tough aerially and they told the players this but still struggled at corners - I did think to myself has it not occurred to them that last year they played Hill at the back and regardless of whether he's a PL player or not the boy is as brave as a lion and will go in for any aerial challenge and normally win it, we might get done for pace down the middle but if you played Nelsen and Hill I bet you would win almost all defensive headers from corners etc.
Login to get fewer ads

a case for hill on 10:00 - Nov 9 with 2830 viewsexiled_dictator

Would you still play Nelsen having travelled half way round the world to play a friendly, and returned minutes before the kick-off?
I agree with Hill, but who should partner him?
Would you still risk Nelsen?

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

a case for hill on 10:00 - Nov 9 with 2830 viewsjamois

Hill piss'd MH off, we know that. Internal dissent for his I don't know why I'm playing at LB statement. So was banished. Then he struck on the partnership of M'Bia and Nelson, which is fair enough. I think it's possible that MH doesn't see Hill and Nelson together in the middle as mobile enough. Hence we get the T1000 version of Fitz Hall playing instead. But with Nelson potentially missing for the Southampton game, I think there's a strong chance we could see Hill return for that one.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

a case for hill on 10:08 - Nov 9 with 2812 viewsRoller

I made the very same comment about Hill on the thread of questions for Mark Bowen, although possibly slightly more sarcastically. Hill HAS to play ahead of Ferdinand on Saturday, however i'm sure that our meticulous planning has already highlighted this.
a case for hill on 10:09 - Nov 9 with 2809 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'd play Hill for sure.

He was playing in our best performances/results last season and i'd rather concede a goal because Hill has been outpaced occasionally, than just give the oppo the freedom of the penalty area for 90 mins.

However, one mitigating factor is he did get completely owned by Grant Holt against Norwich and could easily have been sent off by the weak/gullible ref.

a case for hill on 10:10 - Nov 9 with 2808 viewsjohnhoop

I have come to the conclusion that MH is almost entirely clueless but to give him credit for one thing he did do right,it was him and not NW who started playing Clint at CB at the end of last season.If he could see it then why the hell can't he see it now? It's the only thing that would give us any chance at all tomorrow.
a case for hill on 10:12 - Nov 9 with 2803 viewsbarbicanranger

In 9 out of 10 PL games I would play either Nelsen or Hill with a nother, probably, our wild man mbia. But against stoke and probably reading, without bundles of pace up front and sufficient for Almond (Sweet as a Nut) Traore and Bosingwa to deal with I would have played Hill and Nelsen.
a case for hill on 11:10 - Nov 9 with 2769 viewsRBlock

a case for hill on 10:00 - Nov 9 by exiled_dictator

Would you still play Nelsen having travelled half way round the world to play a friendly, and returned minutes before the kick-off?
I agree with Hill, but who should partner him?
Would you still risk Nelsen?

He hasn't gone yet, it is before Southampton that he is off for NZ
a case for hill on 11:14 - Nov 9 with 2762 viewspaulparker

Up untill that game with chelsea Anton looked a good bit of businees by Warnock
after that he hasnt been the same,
Hill is not playing cos sparky is trying to go with the Mbia/nelson partership for
Stability , although for Saturday i think a Hill/Nelson Partnership is a must

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

a case for hill on 11:49 - Nov 9 with 2726 viewsderbyhoop

One of the reasons/excuses for our erratic performances has been an unsettled back 4. So the solution is ..... change the back 4.

Admitedly, Hill for Ferdinand shouldn't really change much but there would be a definite lack of pace in central defence and Hill hardly helped his case by saying he wasn't up to it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

a case for hill on 12:28 - Nov 9 with 2696 viewswestberksr

a case for hill on 10:12 - Nov 9 by barbicanranger

In 9 out of 10 PL games I would play either Nelsen or Hill with a nother, probably, our wild man mbia. But against stoke and probably reading, without bundles of pace up front and sufficient for Almond (Sweet as a Nut) Traore and Bosingwa to deal with I would have played Hill and Nelsen.

pretty much this.

although when comparing Hill with Anton I'm not sure the lack of pace is such an issue as Anton gives everyone a 5 yd headstart and doesn't look that quick anyway.
a case for hill on 14:10 - Nov 9 with 2657 viewsjamois

a case for hill on 11:49 - Nov 9 by derbyhoop

One of the reasons/excuses for our erratic performances has been an unsettled back 4. So the solution is ..... change the back 4.

Admitedly, Hill for Ferdinand shouldn't really change much but there would be a definite lack of pace in central defence and Hill hardly helped his case by saying he wasn't up to it.

He only said he wasn't up to it as a full-back not a CB

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

a case for hill on 14:16 - Nov 9 with 2650 viewsPhildo

I think Hughes see Hill as cover for Nelson and that they are too old and slow to play together -or rather that pace would be targeted if you put them out together. But they would win a lot of headers though.
a case for hill on 14:59 - Nov 9 with 2628 viewsderbyhoop

a case for hill on 14:10 - Nov 9 by jamois

He only said he wasn't up to it as a full-back not a CB

Just as people managed to read different things into Mark Bowen's appearance on Open All Rs this week, it's not a great leap to believe Hill said he wasn't up to the PL rather than he isn't up to playing Left Back in the PL.

MH sees the players in training every day and he might conclude that Hill isn't up to it any more.

Last year we played a back 4 of Young, Ferdinand, Gabbidon and Hill. I suspect only 1 of those will start tomorrow. And it probably won't be Hill

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

a case for hill on 15:21 - Nov 9 with 2616 viewsjohnhoop

a case for hill on 14:59 - Nov 9 by derbyhoop

Just as people managed to read different things into Mark Bowen's appearance on Open All Rs this week, it's not a great leap to believe Hill said he wasn't up to the PL rather than he isn't up to playing Left Back in the PL.

MH sees the players in training every day and he might conclude that Hill isn't up to it any more.

Last year we played a back 4 of Young, Ferdinand, Gabbidon and Hill. I suspect only 1 of those will start tomorrow. And it probably won't be Hill

Well if MH subjects us to tomorrow's aerial bombardment without our strongest header of a ball in the side and we get stuffed then he deserves all the sh-t that's going to be coming his way.
a case for hill on 15:39 - Nov 9 with 2601 viewswestberksr

a case for hill on 14:59 - Nov 9 by derbyhoop

hopefully from that list; if it isn't Hill then it's Young

Hill isn't up to full back in the prem, most centre backs wouldn't be.

As for the training thing, it's a fair point but means that Anton & SWP must look like Vidic & Messi when they are at Harlington. you have to take these things without the rose tinted specs and just look at the replays of where it matters, on the pitch.
a case for hill on 16:09 - Nov 9 with 2579 viewsBuck_Chilly

Hughes available defensive options from the 25 are Hill, Traore, Ferdinand, Onuoha, Nelsen, Bosingwa.

Haven't included Dyer as I'm not sure whether he's considered a midfield or RB by Hughes.

It's not exactly rich pickings. I'd like to see a back four of Bosingwa, Nelsen, Hill and Traore for Stoke and then Mbia replacing Hill once he's back. But if this was Football Manager I'd be right in the market in January for a solid centre back, maybe even two. Anton should be cover, not a first choice.

Was Bowen's story about Luke Young true? I hadn't heard anything about him being injured, I'd presumed he'd become surplus to Hughes grand plan.
a case for hill on 16:21 - Nov 9 with 2571 viewsPey

Hill and Nelsen formed a good partnership against Spurs, don't see why they wouldn't be up to it tomorrow.
Hill (our best player last season) has one bad game ac CB in 5 or 6 i can live with that, MH rather picks Ferdinand who has one good game in 5 or 6.

But what do i know ? i am pleading several weeks now for Diakite, Faurlin and Granero as our midfield three, MH doesn't see that obvious strong midfield either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024