Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the ref 09:12 - Dec 9 with 1737 viewsdazhoopa

i'm very suprised at the lack of post about how bad the ref was,he was very over protective of the wigan players but when our players were fouled he didn't seem to want to give us a thing.did anyone else think he had as bad a game as i did.
the ref on 09:16 - Dec 9 with 1725 viewsPey

Felt the same daz, but i was too angry with our performance in the second half to be bothered with that.
the ref on 09:25 - Dec 9 with 1704 viewsdazhoopa

the ref on 09:16 - Dec 9 by Pey

Felt the same daz, but i was too angry with our performance in the second half to be bothered with that.

i'm not looking for excuses for the performance as it wasn't the best but it didn't help us with his desicion making he seemed life a bit of a homer and didn't help the way we started the game.
the ref on 09:53 - Dec 9 with 1680 viewsPey

We don't have a regular game of passing the ball with accuracy so many times we end up 50/50 battles on the pitch due to wrongly passed ball speed or direction.
We do look so clumsy in those battles the ref will decide in favor of the opponent.
the ref on 11:28 - Dec 9 with 1625 viewsTHEBUSH

I also felt a majority of 50/50 decisions went against us, but overall he was ok !!
the ref on 08:37 - Dec 10 with 1552 viewsWalnut

the ref on 11:28 - Dec 9 by THEBUSH

I also felt a majority of 50/50 decisions went against us, but overall he was ok !!

I've only seen it mentioned briefly elsewhere so apologies if there's a debate somewhere else but I think the lino not flagging their second offside was scandalous. If the ref wants to subsequently overule hom, so be it but the lino is not doing his job if he doesn't get his flag up in that instance. Borders on dishonesty!!
the ref on 10:13 - Dec 10 with 1479 viewsHollowayRanger

compared to the ref stoke had v arsenal

this guy was brilliant im certain the gooner ref would have given that pen to wigan near the end

both arsenals pens were won by cheating one a dive the other a push

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

the ref on 10:16 - Dec 10 with 1473 viewsdaveB

i thought he had a decent game, the replays showed he got most of the 50/50 calls pretty much bang on
the ref on 13:16 - Dec 10 with 1413 viewskingo

the ref on 08:37 - Dec 10 by Walnut

I've only seen it mentioned briefly elsewhere so apologies if there's a debate somewhere else but I think the lino not flagging their second offside was scandalous. If the ref wants to subsequently overule hom, so be it but the lino is not doing his job if he doesn't get his flag up in that instance. Borders on dishonesty!!

Got to agree, there was one of the two 'offside' Wigan players in the middle of the goal and in front of Green. How is that not interfering with play.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Login to get fewer ads

the ref on 13:37 - Dec 10 with 1389 viewsPinnerPaul

the ref on 13:16 - Dec 10 by kingo

Got to agree, there was one of the two 'offside' Wigan players in the middle of the goal and in front of Green. How is that not interfering with play.

You need to read the LOTG, it isn't, as defined in there.
the ref on 13:39 - Dec 10 with 1382 viewshoops_legend

the ref on 13:16 - Dec 10 by kingo

Gotta say Refs generaaly don't like us!!
the ref on 13:44 - Dec 10 with 1371 viewskingo

the ref on 13:39 - Dec 10 by hoops_legend

Gotta say Refs generaaly don't like us!!

They seem to like Arsenal at the moment.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

the ref on 15:12 - Dec 10 with 1336 viewsWalnut

the ref on 13:37 - Dec 10 by PinnerPaul

You need to read the LOTG, it isn't, as defined in there.

PP, would you care to quote or paraphrase as to why not, I'm genuinely interested.
the ref on 15:15 - Dec 10 with 1330 viewsdaveB

he secod wasn't offside, the ball was going to the other corner from where the bloke offside was so under the new rules he's onside. If it goes in the corner where he's standing then it's offside
the ref on 15:19 - Dec 10 with 1324 viewsWalnut

the ref on 15:15 - Dec 10 by daveB

he secod wasn't offside, the ball was going to the other corner from where the bloke offside was so under the new rules he's onside. If it goes in the corner where he's standing then it's offside

Are we both talking about the bloke that was in front of Green?
the ref on 15:26 - Dec 10 with 1317 viewsPinnerPaul

the ref on 15:12 - Dec 10 by Walnut

PP, would you care to quote or paraphrase as to why not, I'm genuinely interested.

Hello Walnut,

Interfering with Play is defined as "Playing or touching the ball...."

What it COULD have been is interfering with an opponent but that definition is written to favour the attacker

"Prevents an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision or making a gesture or movement that deceives or distracts an opponent."

As you can see from the above, as others have noted, this very rarely gets used to disallow a goal.
the ref on 16:33 - Dec 10 with 1295 viewsWalnut

the ref on 15:26 - Dec 10 by PinnerPaul

Hello Walnut,

Interfering with Play is defined as "Playing or touching the ball...."

What it COULD have been is interfering with an opponent but that definition is written to favour the attacker

"Prevents an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision or making a gesture or movement that deceives or distracts an opponent."

As you can see from the above, as others have noted, this very rarely gets used to disallow a goal.

Cheers PP,
To me, this is reason enough for the goal to be ruled out because the OFFSIDE guy was in Greens line of sight. Same reason Chels** 's first against us last season in the 6 - 1 should have been flagged because an well-offside guy right in front of Kenny ducked to allow the ball through. I may be in the minority but I think this is a simple rule to administer. I just don't get why the flag didn't go up because the ball was played forward (in this case a shot taken) & a guy was clearly off. It's then up to the ref to overrule a flag on the grounds that he believes he was, for example, well out of Greens sight line. I'd love a ref & lino to talk us through that one. Then again, I'd love to hear from the lino that didn't flag Ashley Young offside at OT in April !
the ref on 16:41 - Dec 10 with 1282 viewsPinnerPaul

the ref on 16:33 - Dec 10 by Walnut

Cheers PP,
To me, this is reason enough for the goal to be ruled out because the OFFSIDE guy was in Greens line of sight. Same reason Chels** 's first against us last season in the 6 - 1 should have been flagged because an well-offside guy right in front of Kenny ducked to allow the ball through. I may be in the minority but I think this is a simple rule to administer. I just don't get why the flag didn't go up because the ball was played forward (in this case a shot taken) & a guy was clearly off. It's then up to the ref to overrule a flag on the grounds that he believes he was, for example, well out of Greens sight line. I'd love a ref & lino to talk us through that one. Then again, I'd love to hear from the lino that didn't flag Ashley Young offside at OT in April !

Yeah good points Walnut.

As you say Lino can't really judge if attacker in line of sight and ref can't judge if behind last defender.

They are miked up so I suppose AR COULD have asked ref if he thought there was a chance he was obstructing Rob Green.

They just very rarely seem to be called up in these type of instances.

I think its because ref and AR have to have the conversation.

Refs/ARs will do all they can to avoid one having to over rule the other, so would be very unusual for AR to flag and ref to over rule.

TBF the Ashley Young 'goal' was very difficult to see with naked eye, its not easy judging those tight offsides believe me.

Its difficult enough at my humble level so can't imagine what it must be like at the top!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024