Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inside training 18:57 - Feb 22 with 6860 viewsRangersw12

Inside training on 19:27 - Feb 22 with 4817 viewsdaveB

It's interesting to see how spending time talking to the players during training both individually and as a group. Loved Kakay being aggressive winning the ball off Chair and then instantly giving it away

Obviously they are going to show us what we want to see here with players looking happy and responding to him but looks a very different camp already to the ones on the recent inside training videos they have shown
Inside training on 19:56 - Feb 22 with 4652 viewsJamesB1979

Kakay’s been ok recently……but I’ve always thought him and Niko must be blinding in training.
Inside training on 20:07 - Feb 22 with 4586 viewsMedwayR

Inside training on 19:56 - Feb 22 by JamesB1979

Kakay’s been ok recently……but I’ve always thought him and Niko must be blinding in training.

I don't get why people lump Kakay in with Hamalainen.

Kakay is an ok squad player at this level, Hamalainen wouldn't get my 5-a-side team.

Poll: Who’s better?

Inside training on 20:12 - Feb 22 with 4557 viewsBklynRanger

Tricky job, is what I take away from that - a lot of let's call them 'personalities' to win over

I actually thought I might have heard Roberts say "Don't worry I'll play through it" but it's probably these new hallucinogenics I'm on
Inside training on 20:13 - Feb 22 with 4546 viewsw7r

Looking forward to seeing how many of the dead-legs are now standing to attention by their beds and ready for selection.

Question now is do I go on Saturday?
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:13 - Feb 22 with 4546 viewsw7r

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:13 - Feb 22 with 4545 viewsw7r

Inside training on 20:15 - Feb 22 with 4528 viewscharmr

Olde school coaches copa mundial molded,s because they know, newer lot some wedge things with white souls because they don’t.😃 Maybe they have wide feet and sunken arches.

After seeing the proximity of the thighs of Gareth I did wonder if he can get into skinny jeans or that that’s not so rock and roll these days.
Login to get fewer ads

Inside training on 20:27 - Feb 22 with 4467 viewsbarbicanranger

Inside training on 20:12 - Feb 22 by BklynRanger

Tricky job, is what I take away from that - a lot of let's call them 'personalities' to win over

I actually thought I might have heard Roberts say "Don't worry I'll play through it" but it's probably these new hallucinogenics I'm on

I was getting that vibe during the conversation between GA, Willock, JCS and Laird.
Inside training on 20:42 - Feb 22 with 4378 viewsozexile

Who was the tall lad with the defenders? Gubbins?
Inside training on 21:37 - Feb 22 with 4155 viewsdm97

Inside training on 19:27 - Feb 22 by daveB

It's interesting to see how spending time talking to the players during training both individually and as a group. Loved Kakay being aggressive winning the ball off Chair and then instantly giving it away

Obviously they are going to show us what we want to see here with players looking happy and responding to him but looks a very different camp already to the ones on the recent inside training videos they have shown

Didn’t discern much from that beyond GA living his best life, although in that clip does very audibly show GA shouting “TIGHT” as soon as Kakay gives it away. Fundamentals but something lacking since turn of year for sure.
Inside training on 21:59 - Feb 22 with 4058 viewsbosh67

Inside training on 20:42 - Feb 22 by ozexile

Who was the tall lad with the defenders? Gubbins?

Gubbins is a unit now. I have high hopes for him next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Inside training on 22:08 - Feb 22 with 4014 viewsslmrstid

The one thing that partly bothers me about this video, and previous ones and stories we've read/heard, is Les being on the training pitch.

Now, thats not in the context of "oh Les is intefering blah blah blah" you read on social media.

Its more, he's the Director of Football, in a high ranking executive position. It feels a bit inappropriate to have a DoF then milling around the training ground with coaches.

Is that unfair? I'm open to being disagreed on that. I just think of it in the context of my Finance Director getting stuck into the big pile of purchase invoices to post onto the accounting system, its not really what he's being paid to do when he should be working on higher level stuff for the organisation.
Inside training on 22:24 - Feb 22 with 3939 viewsAntti_Heinola

Inside training on 21:59 - Feb 22 by bosh67

Gubbins is a unit now. I have high hopes for him next season.

One thing I love about you Bosh is your absolute undying hopes and dreams for our youth, an optimism that endures despite all evidence pointing in the opposite direction.
Never change dude.

Bare bones.

Inside training on 22:34 - Feb 22 with 3886 viewsCateLeBonR

Gareth. Bringing the music back.
Inside training on 22:35 - Feb 22 with 3880 viewsHastings_Hoops

Inside training on 22:08 - Feb 22 by slmrstid

The one thing that partly bothers me about this video, and previous ones and stories we've read/heard, is Les being on the training pitch.

Now, thats not in the context of "oh Les is intefering blah blah blah" you read on social media.

Its more, he's the Director of Football, in a high ranking executive position. It feels a bit inappropriate to have a DoF then milling around the training ground with coaches.

Is that unfair? I'm open to being disagreed on that. I just think of it in the context of my Finance Director getting stuck into the big pile of purchase invoices to post onto the accounting system, its not really what he's being paid to do when he should be working on higher level stuff for the organisation.

Surely it’s a help to ainsworth, giving him a bit of a head start / briefing in players available and their strengths - maybe some personal views (as opposed to instructions) about formation.

…if I were director of football today, I would be there giving a bit of an overview of why I’d observed had got the best out of each player… eg Dickie will thrive in a back three, field can’t play as a winger and Roberts is a lazy [ ?]
[Post edited 22 Feb 2023 22:38]
Inside training on 01:15 - Feb 23 with 3564 viewsBoston

Interesting to note that the 'men in white coats' are now in charge.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Inside training on 03:36 - Feb 23 with 3449 viewsLblock

Sort of agree, sort of disagree

I’ve had numerous Directors who’ve never set foot on one of sites over the years, totally detached and no relationship. That great when they’re giving you a bollocking or want a fear factor

Others who visit keep us on our toes, build spirit and rapore and also have a good insight on what’s going on at the coalface where we make or lose the dosh.

I’d sooner a balance between the two.

In the case of Sir Les I’d sooner he was wearing the 9 shirt and not behind his leather clad desk

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Inside training on 04:30 - Feb 23 with 3426 viewsThe_Beast1976

Inside training on 20:27 - Feb 22 by barbicanranger

I was getting that vibe during the conversation between GA, Willock, JCS and Laird.

Likewise. Suspect it was this kind of thing that NC was unable to overcome. However, suspect GA won't stand for any such nonsense
Inside training on 04:33 - Feb 23 with 3431 viewsQPROslo

Les is DoF right. I'd be worried if he wasn't seen on the training field at all levels of the Club. He's directing the football so obviously he needs to know what's going on, and especially needs to be on hand at the first 1st team training sessions under a new Manager. At the least he'll need to ensure the handover of roles goes as smoothly as possible.
Inside training on 07:39 - Feb 23 with 3234 viewsE17hoop

As I said on the 'official' thread, this is a smart bit of comms. GA doing coaching, speaking with specific groups, e.g. defenders, keepers, etc, speaking one on one to the 'injured' players. All the things people have been asking for, demonstrated in a 6 minute clip.

Clever.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Inside training on 08:43 - Feb 23 with 3115 viewsslmrstid

Hastings/LBlock/Oslo....all fair points to consider!
Inside training on 08:51 - Feb 23 with 3064 viewsMonkey_Roots

I dunno man, it’s one of them… if he never goes down to training, he’s not got his finger on the pulse, hasn’t got a clue what’s happening day-to-day with the training.

If he goes down there, then shouldn’t he be signing invoices? etc etc.

There’s lots of valid sticks to hit him with, I’m not sure this is one of them IMHO.
Inside training on 08:56 - Feb 23 with 3046 viewseastside_r

No. It’s a valid observation.

As I said on another thread, I am not sure that long-term English football fans really do understand exactly what the role of DoF entails. I know that I am one. We have been brought up on such a different tradition.

I must admit that I envisaged it mostly as a ‘desk job’ delegating coaching etc. to the relevant members of [his] staff. Maybe I am wrong in this?
Inside training on 09:11 - Feb 23 with 2972 viewsswisscottage

Les is Ainsworth's direct manager.

Ainsworth's first day, and you expect Les to dump him at the training ground and not be there for questions, support, and induction?

Don't know what kind of a manager you are ( would make) but if your idea of bringing on two new employees, is to just dump them at a desk and say get on with it, you'd probably be a perfect example of just how crap British workplace managers are in general.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024