Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. 12:24 - Aug 4 with 95719 viewsconnell10

I'll go for unlikely 1-1 draw.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 09:16 - Aug 5 with 3502 viewskernowhoop

Gareth will be reminding the lads that we beat them twice last year.
And they will know that two different styles of football were employed to achieve that.
I think we can guess which one he will ask them to adopt.
If it works... 0-0.
If it doesn't... 4-0.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 09:42 - Aug 5 with 3412 viewsSonofpugwash

I'm usually the most optimistic of people but today in the depressing verdammt rain it's hard to be so.

2-0 defeat.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 09:51 - Aug 5 with 3396 viewsQPROslo

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 02:05 - Aug 5 by smudgehoop

0-0 no score draw

QPR to pack the midfield and park the bus, Watford too toothless to break us down.

I don't think we have a bus for this game just 4 or 5 broken down bicycles with flat tyres and only one with spokes.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 10:09 - Aug 5 with 3325 viewsdmm

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 09:51 - Aug 5 by QPROslo

I don't think we have a bus for this game just 4 or 5 broken down bicycles with flat tyres and only one with spokes.

4 or 5 broken down bicycles? Luxury! We've got half a skateboard, a worn out trainer and an out of date senior railcard...
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 10:17 - Aug 5 with 3291 viewsDiscodroids

Given the state of the current playing squad, i'm feeling about as excited as having to clean a Late 18th Century French strap fleurs-de-lys blackened walnut wood hand carved dildo, with a Q-tip.

Then Applying Ronseal to it.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 10:21]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 10:21 - Aug 5 with 3281 viewsSimonJames

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 10:17 - Aug 5 by Discodroids

Given the state of the current playing squad, i'm feeling about as excited as having to clean a Late 18th Century French strap fleurs-de-lys blackened walnut wood hand carved dildo, with a Q-tip.

Surely you want some sort of pH7 wax... for lubrication?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 10:24 - Aug 5 with 3251 viewsSonofpugwash

"Fait exactement ce qu'il dit sur la boîte."

Cheer up Nephew worse things happen at sea.

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 10:27 - Aug 5 with 3251 viewsDiscodroids

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 10:24 - Aug 5 by Sonofpugwash

"Fait exactement ce qu'il dit sur la boîte."

Cheer up Nephew worse things happen at sea.

Dear Uncle,

I've got an inkling we may well need the salve of Swarfega, with abrasives for extra purchase, after todays tonking.

you never know, the atrocious weather may well even things out.

;-)

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 10:33 - Aug 5 with 3220 viewsCateLeBonR

Fck me has QPR twitter been hacked by school children? 😬
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 10:43 - Aug 5 with 3146 viewsSonofpugwash

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 10:27 - Aug 5 by Discodroids

Dear Uncle,

I've got an inkling we may well need the salve of Swarfega, with abrasives for extra purchase, after todays tonking.

you never know, the atrocious weather may well even things out.

;-)

With this weather I feel lower than a skunk's belly that has just fallen into Jimmy Savile's abandoned Scottish cesspit.A nice draw would alleviate the urge to reach for the Purdey.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 10:44]

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 10:52 - Aug 5 with 3108 viewsE15Hoop

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 13:06 - Aug 4 by DavieQPR

I wouldn't be surprised by a boring 0 - 0.

Against a high energy Valerien Ismael side, I think that's the one outcome you can pretty much guarantee WON'T happen..
If it does turn out to be 0-0, it will be one of those 17 shots against the crossbar, and 18 great saves types of 0-0s, rather than a boring one.

Maybe we might even have one or two of ourselves this time, unlike last week..
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 11:21 - Aug 5 with 3000 viewsE15Hoop

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 10:33 - Aug 5 by CateLeBonR

I can't work out if that emoji is meant to be one of happiness, or actually a grimace.
The poor guy looks like he either knows he about to get his teeth stoved in by a drunken mob, or he's despeartely trying to go for a sh*t having been severely constipated for a week.

To be fair, I suppose either of those two scenarios could be appropriate, depending on how you're currently feeling..
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 11:25 - Aug 5 with 2983 viewsE15Hoop

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 11:21 - Aug 5 by E15Hoop

I can't work out if that emoji is meant to be one of happiness, or actually a grimace.
The poor guy looks like he either knows he about to get his teeth stoved in by a drunken mob, or he's despeartely trying to go for a sh*t having been severely constipated for a week.

To be fair, I suppose either of those two scenarios could be appropriate, depending on how you're currently feeling..

I mean the emoji in the original Watford twitter post, not Cate's, which is very clear!
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 11:32 - Aug 5 with 2955 viewsBrianWilson

6-1. Dykes to make it 1-1 at some stage.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 11:39 - Aug 5 with 2916 viewsstinkydad

That Prutton bloke has us down for a 1-0 win on the Sky Sports website.

Obviously relying on the QPR effect.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:04 - Aug 5 with 2779 viewsdavman

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:26 - Aug 4 by DesertBoot

We go into this game with no inkling of the starting XI nor what our style of play will be.
3-0 Watford.

6-0 minimum and I can't see beyond

Begovic
Kakay Gubbins (gulp!) Fox Paal
Field Dozzell (gulp!)
Willock Richards (gulp!) Chair
Dykes

Bum Gobbing will commence in the first 10 minutes when Watford score with their first attack.
Likely to have a serious injury OR a red card to Dykes, Chair, Willock or Field early on too.

...but then you all knew that would be my prediction.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:06 - Aug 5 with 2774 viewstraininvain

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 10:33 - Aug 5 by CateLeBonR

The messaging coming out of the club is embarrassing imo. I understand that expectation management is needed this season but we’re playing a team we beat twice last season. The club comms today should be excitement at the prospect of the new season, not the nervous emoji.

It’s painfully obvious from last season that most of the squad has a weak mindset. I fear that all this talk of ‘just avoid relegation’ is going to give them the perfect excuse to down tools for the season. The bar needs to be set a bit higher.

Why does everyone at the club seem intent on making relegation a self fulfilling prophecy. I can’t imagine any other club in the league is adopting this approach before a ball has been kicked. It’s bizarre and has the opposite effect of galvanising the fan base.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 12:09]
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:22 - Aug 5 with 2672 viewsSK_hoops

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:06 - Aug 5 by traininvain

The messaging coming out of the club is embarrassing imo. I understand that expectation management is needed this season but we’re playing a team we beat twice last season. The club comms today should be excitement at the prospect of the new season, not the nervous emoji.

It’s painfully obvious from last season that most of the squad has a weak mindset. I fear that all this talk of ‘just avoid relegation’ is going to give them the perfect excuse to down tools for the season. The bar needs to be set a bit higher.

Why does everyone at the club seem intent on making relegation a self fulfilling prophecy. I can’t imagine any other club in the league is adopting this approach before a ball has been kicked. It’s bizarre and has the opposite effect of galvanising the fan base.

Spot on. Should have just put up a video of uncle Albert's last minute winner during lockdown or something.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:32 - Aug 5 with 2635 viewsed_83

We’ve had a a terrible pre-season both in terms of recruitment and performances, and we’re everyone’s favourites for relegation. Watford are a basket case but have quality throughout their squad. I would be very very surprised if we come away from this with anything other than a defeat.

At the same time, Gareth’s said that he thrives on that backs to the wall underdog energy: for me the big question today isn’t necessarily the scoreline but our attitude and approach. I want to see the Rs being aggressive and physical, not backing out of challenges, not giving up if we go behind, making ourselves difficult to play against. All basic stuff but things we’ve failed to do for years.

We essentially need to replicate last season’s 1-0 over Watford at Loftus Road 46 times in a row - if we give that a decent go today and lose, then I’ll be disappointed but not too pessimistic. Give it our usual wet blanket routine, after Gareth’s had a full pre-season to work with the existing squad and bring his own players in, and I’m going to officially start panicking.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:32 - Aug 5 with 2631 viewsbaz_qpr

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:06 - Aug 5 by traininvain

I think that's been the most suprising thing this summer from Ainsworth, there is lowering expectations and then there is talking the club and the prospects down so much that no one is going to want to come and / or play for you, I expected some league one and two players to come in that might be limited but would be hungry and bring energy and enthusiasm, your Dom Ball types. The comments and fawning about Asmir being the biggest player he has ever signed ( A 36 year old keeper who has played 6 times in 3 years) have been frankly embarresing and unprofessional. As you say it feels like a self fulfilling prophecy if Ainsworth does not believe in himself and that is how its come across this summer then why will the current players and any incoming buy into him?

I hope I'm wrong, I hope they pull it out of the bag and we get something today, but I am expecting a real beating.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 12:34]
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:39 - Aug 5 with 2601 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Been hanging around in Leadenhall Market again DD?
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:42 - Aug 5 with 2564 viewsE15Hoop

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:32 - Aug 5 by baz_qpr

I think that's been the most suprising thing this summer from Ainsworth, there is lowering expectations and then there is talking the club and the prospects down so much that no one is going to want to come and / or play for you, I expected some league one and two players to come in that might be limited but would be hungry and bring energy and enthusiasm, your Dom Ball types. The comments and fawning about Asmir being the biggest player he has ever signed ( A 36 year old keeper who has played 6 times in 3 years) have been frankly embarresing and unprofessional. As you say it feels like a self fulfilling prophecy if Ainsworth does not believe in himself and that is how its come across this summer then why will the current players and any incoming buy into him?

I hope I'm wrong, I hope they pull it out of the bag and we get something today, but I am expecting a real beating.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 12:34]

I'm still trying to get my head around how desperately poor that 2nd half was last week. That was absolutely not in the script of how things were "supposed" to go, and has only served to pile the pressure on what we see from the players today.

First 5 or 10 minutes of this will tell us a LOT about where we really stand in the grand schemes of things.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:45 - Aug 5 with 2539 viewsChrisNW6

Can't see beyond a 3-0 opening day loss, whilst drowning my sorrows on a Spanish sun lounger.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:50 - Aug 5 with 2505 viewsconnell10

Wet and windy today, should suit our style of play.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:53 - Aug 5 with 2471 viewsSimonJames

What are the chances of Gaz introducing a new signing at today's game?

100% of people who drink water will die.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024