Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you take Brendan back next season 09:53 - Mar 20 with 10629 viewsmarchamjack

Big yes from me if a possibility.

Thanks to Guidolin for playing his part in keeping us up, but that Barrow Naughton subbing finished me with him. Collective groan around me too.

Bring back Brendan.

Or even Benitez if Newcastle go down would be great if he'd come to us.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:23 - Mar 20 with 1817 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:15 - Mar 20 by oldcob

I'd take anyone who would make us better, personalities shouldn't come in to it. No matter who we appoint wouldn't be good enough for some on here, just as our three points Saturday wasn't good enough because we didn't do it in style. Wake up is it? We are not Real Madrid or Barcelona, we are Swansea City.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2016 21:36]

This was the nonsense argument which was trotted out against people who believed Monk was systematically dismantling the very thing that took is up and kept us there. Basically, No, individual results aren't good enough.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:26 - Mar 20 with 1799 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:15 - Mar 20 by exiledclaseboy

I'd have first season Laudrup back like a shot. Second season Laudrup can go piddle up his kilt though.

A bit like this whole season then !

As stated Laudrup was different gravy , in fact his team was probably the greatest ever .

And don't forget it was only 3 years ago .

West ham away were we were dreadful ,that's when the knife was plunged

not as dreadful as our home games this season

We are a fickle bunch aye .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:29 - Mar 20 with 1789 viewsjasper_T

Laudrup had a lot of injuries (partly his fault I guess) and European fixtures (definitely his fault) disrupting that season. The board were just waiting for an excuse to can him for other reasons.
Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:32 - Mar 20 with 1771 viewsDr_Winston

Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:29 - Mar 20 by jasper_T

Laudrup had a lot of injuries (partly his fault I guess) and European fixtures (definitely his fault) disrupting that season. The board were just waiting for an excuse to can him for other reasons.

Those "other reasons" were also partly his fault.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:33 - Mar 20 with 1769 viewsoldcob

Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:23 - Mar 20 by NeiltheTaylor

This was the nonsense argument which was trotted out against people who believed Monk was systematically dismantling the very thing that took is up and kept us there. Basically, No, individual results aren't good enough.

Its professional sport. Its a result orientated business. I wouldn't say its the only thing that matters, but its the most important thing. Okay, we would all like to be a top four club but that takes time. Just look at the top clubs, and think how long it took them to become established. At the moment we are far from being the finished article, but that takes time, and that will never happen without support and encouragement from the fans. I'm sure all on here wants the best for the club,its only the patience level that differs.
Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:39 - Mar 20 with 1751 viewsAngelRangelQS

Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:33 - Mar 20 by oldcob

Its professional sport. Its a result orientated business. I wouldn't say its the only thing that matters, but its the most important thing. Okay, we would all like to be a top four club but that takes time. Just look at the top clubs, and think how long it took them to become established. At the moment we are far from being the finished article, but that takes time, and that will never happen without support and encouragement from the fans. I'm sure all on here wants the best for the club,its only the patience level that differs.

It's also about entertainment though isn't it?

I bet the people who are now saying its a results business have called Allardyce and Pulis' teams everything under the sun over the last few years
Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:43 - Mar 20 with 1744 viewspencoedjack

Would you take Brendan back next season on 10:54 - Mar 20 by epaul

Simple one this

F*CK OFF BRENDA

This ^
Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:52 - Mar 20 with 1721 viewsDr_Winston

Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:39 - Mar 20 by AngelRangelQS

It's also about entertainment though isn't it?

I bet the people who are now saying its a results business have called Allardyce and Pulis' teams everything under the sun over the last few years

Depends if it's your approach in March when desperate for points or in August when the season has only just started.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:53 - Mar 20 with 1716 viewsoldcob

Staying in the premiership most important. Entertainment secondary. If you want to be entertained watch Ant and Dec. Win ugly now so we can stay in premiership so we can be entertained in the top flight next season. As much as we'd all like to think otherwise it's a business first, sport second. I'm not saying thats the ideal, but like it or not its fact. I'd sooner watch premiership football next season by doing what has to be done this, than be entertained all the way down to the championship or lower.
Would you take Brendan back next season on 22:00 - Mar 20 with 1703 viewsplasjack

Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:53 - Mar 20 by oldcob

Staying in the premiership most important. Entertainment secondary. If you want to be entertained watch Ant and Dec. Win ugly now so we can stay in premiership so we can be entertained in the top flight next season. As much as we'd all like to think otherwise it's a business first, sport second. I'm not saying thats the ideal, but like it or not its fact. I'd sooner watch premiership football next season by doing what has to be done this, than be entertained all the way down to the championship or lower.

Got to agree, we are in the most important part of our history and bigger clubs than us who are in the lower leagues and there are many, would like to be in our position.
Would you take Brendan back next season on 22:09 - Mar 20 with 1676 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The whole thing seems to be a false binary to me; unless people really believe anything other than we were really gash yesterday and rode our luck

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Would you take Brendan back next season on 22:23 - Mar 20 with 1640 viewsoldcob

Would you take Brendan back next season on 22:09 - Mar 20 by NeiltheTaylor

The whole thing seems to be a false binary to me; unless people really believe anything other than we were really gash yesterday and rode our luck

I don't think that we played well, in fact we were poor, but the point I'm trying to make is the three points were the most important thing by far, so why then are there so many on here expressing their disapproval of the way we played instead of rejoicing the three points.
Would you take Brendan back next season on 22:29 - Mar 20 with 1625 viewsAngelRangelQS

Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:52 - Mar 20 by Dr_Winston

Depends if it's your approach in March when desperate for points or in August when the season has only just started.

Agreed.

My view on yesterday though was whilst I was obviously pleased we got the 3 points and that the Newcastle Sunderland game had the perfect outcome today too, we are in far worse a position in general than I had perhaps appreciated before.

I think a lot of us have been of the false view that this season has been a blip and that with a bit more direction and confidence next season we'll be back to the team we all know and love. Personally I think we are quite some distance away from that at the moment. The squad is full of deadwood, we've got an embarrassing scouting network and not much to shout about in terms of cash. I reckon it'll be a struggle
Would you take Brendan back next season on 22:34 - Mar 20 with 1619 viewsmax936

I'm not against Brendan coming back. but would it be much different to when he was first here? we didn't have a plan B, we couldn't handle teams pressing us, and our set piece was similar to now a fecking panicky shambles for the most part, maybe somin different is needed, anyway it'll be an interesting summer whatever happens, assuming we're still in Premiership of course, which I think we will now, be nice if we could maybe manage another 4-6 pts though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Would you take Brendan back next season on 07:15 - Mar 21 with 1490 viewsDr_Winston

Would you take Brendan back next season on 22:29 - Mar 20 by AngelRangelQS

Agreed.

My view on yesterday though was whilst I was obviously pleased we got the 3 points and that the Newcastle Sunderland game had the perfect outcome today too, we are in far worse a position in general than I had perhaps appreciated before.

I think a lot of us have been of the false view that this season has been a blip and that with a bit more direction and confidence next season we'll be back to the team we all know and love. Personally I think we are quite some distance away from that at the moment. The squad is full of deadwood, we've got an embarrassing scouting network and not much to shout about in terms of cash. I reckon it'll be a struggle

I wouldn't call the idea that it's been a blip as "false". Had we started the season under competent management/coaching I maintain we wouldn't be in the mess we've mostly been in, even if we'd signed the same players.

It's probably true that the issues that have been bubbling under the surface for the last 18-24 months may well have led to a season like this eventually though. Whatever happened we were probably due for a bit of an overhaul this summer.

Would you take Brendan back next season on 08:10 - Mar 21 with 1348 viewsItchySphincter

Would you take Brendan back next season on 21:53 - Mar 20 by oldcob

Find it hard to agree with any of that although I'm sure many others will.

PL is not the be all and end all, the club in any division is the most important. I was about eight years old when we last got relegated form the top flight and grew up being told that it could never be repeated and that that ship had sailed but that turned out to be complete boIIocks. The worst thing about being relegated would not be being outside the top flight, it would be that we have endured a pretty miserable season to get there, that's all.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Would you take Brendan back next season on 08:50 - Mar 21 with 1310 viewsStarsky

Would you take Brendan back next season on 22:23 - Mar 20 by oldcob

I don't think that we played well, in fact we were poor, but the point I'm trying to make is the three points were the most important thing by far, so why then are there so many on here expressing their disapproval of the way we played instead of rejoicing the three points.

The way we approached the Villa game was very risky, considering how inept we are at deadball situations in defence. Time after time Villa were pumping in corners/free kicks with Ash virtually trying to keep them out all on his own. Did you see him bawling out Ki?
In my opinion it would have been less risky to push at Villa like we did in the first half at Everton and get that early goal to deflate Villa.
How many times lately have we gone ahead and then shut up shop? West Brom being the typical example.
We got lucky with the shoulder of Fernandez being in the right place of a ricochet from the Villa keeper.

It's just the internet, init.

Would you take Brendan back next season on 10:25 - Mar 21 with 1263 viewsKrisP

Would you take Brendan back next season on 22:34 - Mar 20 by max936

I'm not against Brendan coming back. but would it be much different to when he was first here? we didn't have a plan B, we couldn't handle teams pressing us, and our set piece was similar to now a fecking panicky shambles for the most part, maybe somin different is needed, anyway it'll be an interesting summer whatever happens, assuming we're still in Premiership of course, which I think we will now, be nice if we could maybe manage another 4-6 pts though.

All that and we still finished a comfortable 11th, beating some bigger teams in the process. I'm not sure why it would need to be THAT much different from the first time around for it to be a success.
Would you take Brendan back next season on 10:38 - Mar 21 with 1253 viewsdantheswansman

I literally pray this never happens , The further away David Brent is (i mean Brendan Rogers) the better.

I,m glad the only people i have ever heard say they would like him back are Planet Swans posters though , That helps me sleep a little easier at night .
Would you take Brendan back next season on 11:16 - Mar 21 with 1238 viewsDDCH

Personally I would take him back straight away. I'd even let him kip on my sofa if he was stuck.

I think BR is exactly what the club needs right now

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Would you take Brendan back next season on 11:24 - Mar 21 with 1222 viewsUxbridge

Would you take Brendan back next season on 07:15 - Mar 21 by Dr_Winston

I wouldn't call the idea that it's been a blip as "false". Had we started the season under competent management/coaching I maintain we wouldn't be in the mess we've mostly been in, even if we'd signed the same players.

It's probably true that the issues that have been bubbling under the surface for the last 18-24 months may well have led to a season like this eventually though. Whatever happened we were probably due for a bit of an overhaul this summer.

I wouldn't underestimate what the change back to the effin diamond had on our performance on Saturday. That and the realisation that 1 win pretty much guarantees our safety.

We have a decent enough core there already. However we clearly need to move a lot of players on, and bring a lot in. Whether all that can be done in the summer window is another question, but we can make a good start ... and we can start that process from today.

As for the question, I'm OK with the principle of BRodge II. We could do a lot worse. I expect that would also mean the return of Allen, and replacing Ki with him would go a long way to sorting our our central midfield. Sort our wide players out and a couple of strikers and we're not far away then.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Would you take Brendan back next season on 11:36 - Mar 21 with 1205 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Would you take Brendan back next season on 11:24 - Mar 21 by Uxbridge

I wouldn't underestimate what the change back to the effin diamond had on our performance on Saturday. That and the realisation that 1 win pretty much guarantees our safety.

We have a decent enough core there already. However we clearly need to move a lot of players on, and bring a lot in. Whether all that can be done in the summer window is another question, but we can make a good start ... and we can start that process from today.

As for the question, I'm OK with the principle of BRodge II. We could do a lot worse. I expect that would also mean the return of Allen, and replacing Ki with him would go a long way to sorting our our central midfield. Sort our wide players out and a couple of strikers and we're not far away then.

Left & Right Backs?
Would you take Brendan back next season on 12:08 - Mar 21 with 1186 viewsjasper_T

We didn't play a diamond on Saturday.

It was some weird lopsided nonsense, but definitely not the diamond. Barrow was stapled to the touchline.
Would you take Brendan back next season on 12:16 - Mar 21 with 1181 viewsvetchonian

Would you take Brendan back next season on 22:23 - Mar 20 by oldcob

The problem we never really lloked like scoring.If Guzan had not been so inept we might have just scraped a goaless draw.......against the side in the league with the worst defensive record?
We didnt even open them up after going 1 up. It beggars belief that our side away at Bournemouth ( a side in form )was more attacking than how we set up at home. I could understand it if it had been the other away around so ~I question Franco. Would I want Brendan back next season? Well there is that age old adage never go back...he was great for us at the time but now Im not so sure

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Would you take Brendan back next season on 12:18 - Mar 21 with 1177 viewslondonlisa2001

That powder puff challenge he made when Southampton scored their third goal was pretty reminiscent of Ki to be fair !!

In all seriousness, I'd have Joe back next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024