Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk...... 22:40 - Mar 25 with 19993 viewssully49

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7025773/Aston-Villa-consider
He should do well in the Championship, I hope he gets it.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Garry Monk...... on 15:47 - Mar 26 with 1823 viewsDarran

Garry Monk...... on 15:45 - Mar 26 by jack247

Yes, but that was before he took us back five years in half a season.

He is gone, I'm glad. If Villa want him, good luck to him there. Seemed a nice guy and worked his nuts off for the club. Was out of his depth though.

Took us back fee years.

To where exactly?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Garry Monk...... on 15:51 - Mar 26 with 1805 viewsjack247

Garry Monk...... on 15:47 - Mar 26 by Darran

Took us back fee years.

To where exactly?

We were a better team with the likes of Tate and Gower in it than we are now.
Garry Monk...... on 15:54 - Mar 26 with 1793 viewsDarran

Garry Monk...... on 15:51 - Mar 26 by jack247

Yeah ok so we haven't gone back anywhere really then?
It's quite funny mind and this isn't aimed at you but when we sign a shit player the manager has always signed them and when we sign a good player the chairman has always signed them.

Garry Monk...... on 15:55 - Mar 26 with 1790 viewsDarran

Could I just add the same as every ex player or manager I couldn't give a f*ck about Monk of what he does in the future though I do wish him a Hapoy healthy life.

He's gone move on.

Garry Monk...... on 15:58 - Mar 26 with 1781 viewsDrizzy

Complete and utter sh*te.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Garry Monk...... on 16:00 - Mar 26 with 1777 viewsjack247

Garry Monk...... on 15:54 - Mar 26 by Darran

Yeah ok so we haven't gone back anywhere really then?
It's quite funny mind and this isn't aimed at you but when we sign a shit player the manager has always signed them and when we sign a good player the chairman has always signed them.

Well we haven't gone back to the Championsip, but as far as I am concerned, that is only because we sacked Garry Monk. That's no disrespect to him. He was a club legend, but the last few months of his reign soured that massively.

As far as blame for signings goes, I agree with you. We haven't been shit this season because we signed Tabanou. We have been shit because we had an ineffective playing style.
Garry Monk...... on 16:04 - Mar 26 with 1766 viewsDarran

Garry Monk...... on 16:00 - Mar 26 by jack247

Well we haven't gone back to the Championsip, but as far as I am concerned, that is only because we sacked Garry Monk. That's no disrespect to him. He was a club legend, but the last few months of his reign soured that massively.

As far as blame for signings goes, I agree with you. We haven't been shit this season because we signed Tabanou. We have been shit because we had an ineffective playing style.

I think it's known as football though Tim and these things happen in football.

Garry Monk...... on 16:06 - Mar 26 with 1765 viewsjack247

Garry Monk...... on 15:58 - Mar 26 by Drizzy

Complete and utter sh*te.

Yes. Except it's not at all. We finished 11th playing decent football.
Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk...... on 16:08 - Mar 26 with 1756 viewsjack247

Garry Monk...... on 16:04 - Mar 26 by Darran

I think it's known as football though Tim and these things happen in football.

All about opinions Darran. In mine, we would have been comfortable and Garry would still have had a job if he had just tried to tweak our system like Rodgers and Laudrup did rather than ripping it up.
Garry Monk...... on 16:13 - Mar 26 with 1750 viewsDarran

Garry Monk...... on 16:06 - Mar 26 by jack247

Yes. Except it's not at all. We finished 11th playing decent football.

Yeah but Tate only started about 3 games all season.

Garry Monk...... on 16:20 - Mar 26 with 1736 viewsjack247

Garry Monk...... on 16:13 - Mar 26 by Darran

Yeah but Tate only started about 3 games all season.

Swap him for Orlandi if you like then, or Danny Graham.
Garry Monk...... on 16:23 - Mar 26 with 1724 viewsLoyal

Garry Monk...... on 16:20 - Mar 26 by jack247

Swap him for Orlandi if you like then, or Danny Graham.

We are beginning to compile a shit all time team now.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Garry Monk...... on 16:24 - Mar 26 with 1723 viewsDarran

Garry Monk...... on 16:23 - Mar 26 by Loyal

Ini?

Garry Monk...... on 16:27 - Mar 26 with 1716 viewsjack247

Garry Monk...... on 16:23 - Mar 26 by Loyal

That's kind of the point. A team of shit players playing Swansea football were better than the 2015/16 team under Garry Monk. Drizzy disagrees though.
Garry Monk...... on 16:48 - Mar 26 with 1671 viewstomdickharry

Now that Villa have at last appt. members to their board who actually know quite a bit about football (Brian Little,David Bernstein) them Monk wouldn't be on their list of candidates for the Manager's post when it becomes vacant.
Garry Monk...... on 16:58 - Mar 26 with 1519 viewssully49

When GM was intially apointed I said that he should have learned his trade in the lower divisions first. Then we had a golden period and all was well. I vividly recall at one game, when we scored all the players ran to GM and mobbed him, his inevitable downfall came when he lost the dressing room pure and simple, he then surrounded himself with total inadequate lemons and like a petulant child stubbornly refusing help, so HJ must have gave him the green light.
I still wish him well and perhaps with the state of Villa, who know's what will happen they could both could rise from the ashes.

Garry Monk...... on 17:00 - Mar 26 with 1516 viewsVetchitBack

Garry Monk...... on 14:28 - Mar 26 by Drizzy

Yawn.

This thread, predictably, is littered with the same revisionist nonsense about Monk as every other.

Highest Premier League season points total in our history.

Nicely summed up.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Garry Monk...... on 17:07 - Mar 26 with 1503 viewsmonmouth

Garry Monk...... on 16:58 - Mar 26 by sully49

When GM was intially apointed I said that he should have learned his trade in the lower divisions first. Then we had a golden period and all was well. I vividly recall at one game, when we scored all the players ran to GM and mobbed him, his inevitable downfall came when he lost the dressing room pure and simple, he then surrounded himself with total inadequate lemons and like a petulant child stubbornly refusing help, so HJ must have gave him the green light.
I still wish him well and perhaps with the state of Villa, who know's what will happen they could both could rise from the ashes.

No idea what happened but there was almost a sea change after that international break. We'd been scraping out 'shape based' wins for some time, but I was genuinely optimistic after that game at Chelsea where I thought we played fast attacking football. In hindsight we ended up damaged, but I think that's a shame all round.

Sometimes things go sour....a lot of folk in football have a mental age of about 15 and massive egos. Offence is probably easily taken. Now we have to put it right.

If GM goes anywhere else I'm not really bothered if he succeeds or not, but I wouldn't wish him ill.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Garry Monk...... on 17:20 - Mar 26 with 1484 viewssully49

Garry Monk...... on 17:07 - Mar 26 by monmouth

No idea what happened but there was almost a sea change after that international break. We'd been scraping out 'shape based' wins for some time, but I was genuinely optimistic after that game at Chelsea where I thought we played fast attacking football. In hindsight we ended up damaged, but I think that's a shame all round.

Sometimes things go sour....a lot of folk in football have a mental age of about 15 and massive egos. Offence is probably easily taken. Now we have to put it right.

If GM goes anywhere else I'm not really bothered if he succeeds or not, but I wouldn't wish him ill.

I agree with all you say but you missed far too much money off your list.

Garry Monk...... on 20:47 - Mar 26 with 1384 viewsLeonisGod

Garry Monk...... on 10:59 - Mar 26 by Starsky

I hold my hands up Phil, You were right all along.
After taking over from Laudrup and his first full season I regarded that as a success and let's face it, it was.
Then when things started going wrong early in the season, I still thought it was a good appointment and that he should be given the chance to turn it around etc.
Now, all I see of GM is that he was a stubborn man who surrounded himself with questionable assistants.
Ironically he would show the new signings the Swansea City videos to show them the Swansea City that came back from the dead. Unfortunately he was slowly undoing everything that we'd built up on the playing field, with the likes of Clotet at the expense of Curtis, who was being pushed away.
HJ offered GM the chance of better assistants but his ego and stubbornness ultimately cost him his job by refusing that help.
He gets no sympathy from me, he already thought he knew it all.
KOL on the bench and Curt in the stands?
Feck him.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2016 11:01]

And last year was awful to watch at times too, despite grinding out results. Some of us did try to point this out but were beaten down by the "3 pts is all that matters" types. It's important of course, but not at the expense of the soul of the club.

Someone's now got hell of a job to get us back to being a renowned footballing side.
Garry Monk...... on 21:14 - Mar 26 with 1356 viewsDavillin

Garry Monk...... on 14:28 - Mar 26 by Drizzy

Yawn.

This thread, predictably, is littered with the same revisionist nonsense about Monk as every other.

Highest Premier League season points total in our history.

. . . and one of the fastest plummets down the table by "fixing" what did not need fixing.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Garry Monk...... on 22:01 - Mar 26 with 1314 viewsStarsky

Garry Monk...... on 21:14 - Mar 26 by Davillin

. . . and one of the fastest plummets down the table by "fixing" what did not need fixing.

Absolutely

It's just the internet, init.

Garry Monk...... on 09:37 - Mar 27 with 1228 viewsjack247

Garry Monk...... on 21:14 - Mar 26 by Davillin

Which really shouldn't need explaining to anyone, yet it somehow does.
Garry Monk...... on 09:48 - Mar 27 with 1215 viewsdgt73

Garry Monk...... on 11:46 - Mar 26 by Borojack

Good post he had a nice big pay off and I think his ego thought he would walk into another job.
Wish him well but his stubborn pig headed attitude contributed to a very poor season that could have been so much better.
If he had taken the help offered feck him

Stubborn pig headed attitude - well if that's correct, he's in good company , Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinhio and even past greats like Brian Clough and the list is endless.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Garry Monk...... on 09:50 - Mar 27 with 1212 viewsdgt73

Don't be so daft.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024