Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 19:43 - Apr 10 with 10175 viewsNotLoyal

Let everyone who comes before you floor you.

It’s the Matchday Winker with Colin as Huddersfield, a much revived Terrier of northern descent visit the Swansea.Com. Do Swansea need to win ? No. Does Colin need to win ? You can bet your Sheffield gum shield he does.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60029/russell-martin-and

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60035/swansea-city-looki

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60045/everything-russell

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60052/dominant-swansea-c

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ben Cabango, Nathan Wood, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain); Joel Piroe, Olivier Ntcham, Jamie Paterson; Liam Cullen.

Substitutes: Andreas Søndergaard, Harry Darling, Joe Allen, Luke Cundle, Morgan Whittaker, Kyle Naughton, Ollie Cooper.

Huddersfield Town: Tomas Vaclik, Matty Pearson, Jonathan Hogg (captain), David Kasumu, Jack Rudoni, Rarmani Edmonds-Green, Danny Ward, Tom Lees, Brahima Diarra, Michal Helik, Jaheim Headley.

Substitutes: Nick Bilokapic, Josh Koroma, Josh Ruffels, Tyreece Simpson, Ben Jackson, Matt Lowton, Martyn Waghorn.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 19:59 - Apr 15 with 1495 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 19:37 - Apr 15 by onehunglow

I’ve read he looks disinterested,lazy,etc when the lad has some class. Sadly our coach doesn’t see it.
Here is a lad we could invest in,yet all Russ wants to do is get rid.
Just how is Cullen rated higher

I truly feel for Morgan who has been treated as badly as any player I remember. Yet, he is not given support whereas Russy does. My God, we truly are warped.
There was enough talent in this squad to at least make play offs. The standard is appalling.
Yet,we celebrate being 13 th.
It’s all rather sinister

Whitticker has a lot still to learn if he wants to play higher than League One, it probably won't be with us.

As well as getting in the box scoring and making himself available Cullen pulls the defenders out of position and creating space for others. Piroe visibly appreciates this as does Ntcham and Walsh when he plays.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:02 - Apr 15 with 1475 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 19:59 - Apr 15 by Whiterockin

Whitticker has a lot still to learn if he wants to play higher than League One, it probably won't be with us.

As well as getting in the box scoring and making himself available Cullen pulls the defenders out of position and creating space for others. Piroe visibly appreciates this as does Ntcham and Walsh when he plays.

I would start him with Piroe on Weds.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:04 - Apr 15 with 1464 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 19:59 - Apr 15 by Whiterockin

We've lost the get up and go with Walsh missing, just a massive shame that he's unable to stay fit, he must be at his witts end, he could go further, but for his injuries.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:07 - Apr 15 with 1459 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:04 - Apr 15 by max936

We've lost the get up and go with Walsh missing, just a massive shame that he's unable to stay fit, he must be at his witts end, he could go further, but for his injuries.

Got to say with his ability, if he could stay injury free like Grimes he would be in the premier league. Easy.

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:08 - Apr 15 with 1447 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 18:53 - Apr 15 by Whiterockin

Knock him when we loose knock him when we win. Just a normal Saturday evening.

but for Martin's mismanagement we could be in a much better position
Let's not start running away with ourselves the recent upturn in form has come against teams below us in the league 3 if which who are flirting with relegation....
todays match started brightly then became very dull it changed 2nd half ....we still only managed just one goal..
we need pace we looked more threatening when Whittaker came on....

Huddersfield got have gone a couple up had they had their shooting boots on.

That said I'm happy tonight we won....still not convinced by Martin....but fistpumps galore

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:13 - Apr 15 with 1424 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:02 - Apr 15 by KeithHaynes

I would start him with Piroe on Weds.

IMO it depends if Walsh and Ntcham are able to play, my starting front four would always be Piroe, Cullen, Ntcham and Walsh.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:14 - Apr 15 with 1423 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:08 - Apr 15 by vetchonian

Let's not start running away with ourselves the recent upturn in form has come against teams below us in the league 3 if which who are flirting with relegation....
todays match started brightly then became very dull it changed 2nd half ....we still only managed just one goal..

That said I'm happy tonight we won....still not convinced by Martin....but fistpumps galore

There’s no accounting for the mental affect on a young man who experienced what he did in football terms in the first two months of the year.

He’s come out and explained it, for that I’m grateful, not least because he knows how it feels and can use that to further his development as Swansea manager.

As I say in football terms.

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:15 - Apr 15 with 1415 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 18:36 - Apr 15 by JACKMANANDBOY

or started the season with Benda

Disagree, doesn't matter who was in the nets we needed to play a back 4 in every game.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:25 - Apr 15 with 1377 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:14 - Apr 15 by KeithHaynes

There’s no accounting for the mental affect on a young man who experienced what he did in football terms in the first two months of the year.

He’s come out and explained it, for that I’m grateful, not least because he knows how it feels and can use that to further his development as Swansea manager.

As I say in football terms.

I ve obviously missed something but go and read that article you posted up from coach magazine again.

his focus is not results but playing a certain way and he states he would rather lose than win by playing a different way.....it cost us games last season and this.
it's all about opinions though...I admire your resolute defense of him but for me I'm not convinced.
he us typical fo a manager type I have come across in industry ...focus on a philosophy and set of tools and a stubbornness to stick to that even when it is failing or not delivering results
He has developed a cult like following with his double doube...the big pre kick off acknowledgement of the travelling Jack's at legoland yet why not do this at every away game especially at somewhere like Sunderland where its a hike .....
Your support of him is to be admired Keith....all this talk of player development whi has he developed?

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:30 - Apr 15 with 1369 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:15 - Apr 15 by Fireboy2

Disagree, doesn't matter who was in the nets we needed to play a back 4 in every game.

This is the crux of it.

Most people realised fairly early on that the back three didn't work. When you play the kind of risky passes around the defence as we do that it only takes one slip to put yourself at serious risk of conceding a goal, yet we persisted with it game after game after game.

To make things worse, when we did have spells of playing a proper defence and results improved as a result of better defensive solidity, it never took long before we swapped back again and form swan dived.

I hope he's finally learned his lessons. I really do. It'll make me not regret renewing my season ticket for a start. I will admit that he too closely resembles Garry Monk in terms of personality for me to ever really like the guy, but it'll only be good for the club if he completely accepts the need to adapt. Otherwise this'll just be yet another false dawn. Just like the other spells of decent results we've had before he tried to make Martinball work again.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:42 - Apr 15 with 1332 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:08 - Apr 15 by vetchonian

See, I don't mind the fist pumps so much, why not enjoy a victory plus it gets the fans onside, he knows the reality of the job besides the fist pumps, he's not dull.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:51 - Apr 15 with 1315 viewsploppy

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:25 - Apr 15 by vetchonian

I ve obviously missed something but go and read that article you posted up from coach magazine again.

his focus is not results but playing a certain way and he states he would rather lose than win by playing a different way.....it cost us games last season and this.
it's all about opinions though...I admire your resolute defense of him but for me I'm not convinced.
he us typical fo a manager type I have come across in industry ...focus on a philosophy and set of tools and a stubbornness to stick to that even when it is failing or not delivering results
He has developed a cult like following with his double doube...the big pre kick off acknowledgement of the travelling Jack's at legoland yet why not do this at every away game especially at somewhere like Sunderland where its a hike .....
Your support of him is to be admired Keith....all this talk of player development whi has he developed?

Are you using OHL's keyboard?

Anyway, time after time, you'll see managers, especially with struggling teams, come on the TV and talk about performance. Going back to Brendan's days, it was a case of getting the performance right and the results will follow. There shouldn't be a focus on results per se. In the long run, consistently performing well stands you in better stead than spawning a result that the performance didn't deserve. That's not sustainable.

Other approaches are available e.g. the Warnock way.
Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:55 - Apr 15 with 1308 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:42 - Apr 15 by max936

See, I don't mind the fist pumps so much, why not enjoy a victory plus it gets the fans onside, he knows the reality of the job besides the fist pumps, he's not dull.

I always enjoy a victory......and I'm happy tonight....but doesnt mean I'm convinced Martin is truly capable of taking us forward

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:55 - Apr 15 with 1309 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:15 - Apr 15 by Fireboy2

We didn’t play a back four. Cabango and Wood were occasionally supported by Manning and Lati neither of whom were particularly good defensively. Grimes and Fulton willingness to drop back was excellent.
Decent all-round performance from defence and midfield but the subs upset the balance for a while.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 21:00 - Apr 15 with 1297 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:51 - Apr 15 by ploppy

Are you using OHL's keyboard?

Anyway, time after time, you'll see managers, especially with struggling teams, come on the TV and talk about performance. Going back to Brendan's days, it was a case of getting the performance right and the results will follow. There shouldn't be a focus on results per se. In the long run, consistently performing well stands you in better stead than spawning a result that the performance didn't deserve. That's not sustainable.

Other approaches are available e.g. the Warnock way.

fat fingers no glasses and phone.....
it's all about opinions......surprisingly not a lot of hoof ball from Warnock and Huddersfield they actually tried to play the ball today when they were allowed the ball.
I get the.performance thing but some of the dour football we have endured where we have retained 80% plus possession yet lost or drawn and the ball has rarely left our half is not what I call entertaining football.

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 21:53 - Apr 15 with 1207 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:07 - Apr 15 by KeithHaynes

Got to say with his ability, if he could stay injury free like Grimes he would be in the premier league. Easy.

If they had that extra yard of pace without a doubt, same as Piroe in my opinion.
Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 21:58 - Apr 15 with 1204 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 20:55 - Apr 15 by Badlands

We didn’t play a back four. Cabango and Wood were occasionally supported by Manning and Lati neither of whom were particularly good defensively. Grimes and Fulton willingness to drop back was excellent.
Decent all-round performance from defence and midfield but the subs upset the balance for a while.

What did we play then? A back 2?

Fulton and grimes dropping back? Isn't that what midfielders do, drop back and help the defence out.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 22:02]
Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:18 - Apr 15 with 1158 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 21:58 - Apr 15 by Fireboy2

What did we play then? A back 2?

Fulton and grimes dropping back? Isn't that what midfielders do, drop back and help the defence out.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 22:02]

Pointless talking to him mate, waste of time and effort. A very unpleasant poster.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 10:43 - Apr 16 with 957 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:18 - Apr 15 by NotLoyal

Pointless talking to him mate, waste of time and effort. A very unpleasant poster.

So you re mates then.
Never could have known.
Stuff like this makes me misty eyed

FWIW ,badlands and I are hardly chums but I respond to his views ,nothing more than that .

Try it

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 13:37 - Apr 16 with 878 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 19:35 - Apr 15 by KeithHaynes

His aerial duels are an issue, his passing is perfect, could be he saw Huddersfield as bombarding the box, which they didn’t.

I see him as a presence against PNE.

Makes you wonder why we paid the best part of 2 million for a centre back who despite his height advantage is crap in the air.
i see no future sell on value in him. Hopefully I will be proven wrong

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 14:14 - Apr 16 with 860 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 13:37 - Apr 16 by vetchonian

Makes you wonder why we paid the best part of 2 million for a centre back who despite his height advantage is crap in the air.
i see no future sell on value in him. Hopefully I will be proven wrong

Couldn’t he be coached to be better
It’s not like splitting the atom exactly

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 15:50 - Apr 16 with 818 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 14:14 - Apr 16 by onehunglow

Couldn’t he be coached to be better
It’s not like splitting the atom exactly

He is getting better.

Swansea City v Huddersfield : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 17:50 - Apr 16 with 753 viewsRichardO

We almost got caught with too many players up the park and would have been outnumbered a couple of times if a better through ball had been played, Fulton track back and cut out the through ball in one of the instances but would have struggled to get back if he hadn't cut the pass out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024