Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst defence 21:46 - Feb 21 with 3011 viewsandrew

Since 2003.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Worst defence on 21:57 - Feb 21 with 2462 viewsmagicdaps10

It was unbelievable tonight.

We just don't pick up anything that is played towards us....lost all aerial and floor battles, Stoke continually picked up the ball.

It was frightening tonight.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Worst defence on 22:00 - Feb 21 with 2442 viewsraynor94

Us or Liverpool 😉 although I feel like 😭 tonight

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Worst defence on 22:06 - Feb 21 with 2398 viewspencoedjack

Probably because we have the worst manager, the only exception could be Bradley & that’s debatable.
Worst defence on 22:14 - Feb 21 with 2357 viewsBarrySwan

Possibly one of the worst defences that I've ever witnessed at the Swans ( and thats up against some pretty stiff competition over the last 55+ years).

Our esteemed manager has put together a bunch of players who quite frankly couldn't mark a bingo card, have the ball passing skills of a very poor Sunday league team and despite these deficiencies and lack of talent seems to expect them to play out of defence like Barcelona despite watching them give goal after goal after goal away game after game.

For example you can actually see the wheels turning agonisingly slowly in Ben Cabango's reading of the game adding to his overriding quality of reacting slower than a stricken oil tanker to any opposition attacking threat.

I find the thought that he plays for Wales really quite alarming for the future of the national team.

The rest are just as hopeless and surely a sad indictment of the current managers judgement?
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 22:17]
Worst defence on 22:28 - Feb 21 with 2276 viewsBoundy

Worst defence on 22:14 - Feb 21 by BarrySwan

Possibly one of the worst defences that I've ever witnessed at the Swans ( and thats up against some pretty stiff competition over the last 55+ years).

Our esteemed manager has put together a bunch of players who quite frankly couldn't mark a bingo card, have the ball passing skills of a very poor Sunday league team and despite these deficiencies and lack of talent seems to expect them to play out of defence like Barcelona despite watching them give goal after goal after goal away game after game.

For example you can actually see the wheels turning agonisingly slowly in Ben Cabango's reading of the game adding to his overriding quality of reacting slower than a stricken oil tanker to any opposition attacking threat.

I find the thought that he plays for Wales really quite alarming for the future of the national team.

The rest are just as hopeless and surely a sad indictment of the current managers judgement?

Frighteningly it looked like men against boys tonight and more so when you consider the opposition , when will it click even amongst the players it's just not working , they play a short pass then another and another until its back with Fisher who has to kick it long then repeat rinse repeat with no tactical gain obtained but as we've seen tonight and too many others presenting the opposition gilt edged chances.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Worst defence on 22:35 - Feb 21 with 2255 viewspencoedjack

Worst defence on 22:28 - Feb 21 by Boundy

Frighteningly it looked like men against boys tonight and more so when you consider the opposition , when will it click even amongst the players it's just not working , they play a short pass then another and another until its back with Fisher who has to kick it long then repeat rinse repeat with no tactical gain obtained but as we've seen tonight and too many others presenting the opposition gilt edged chances.

Where do you think that comes from?

Why has Matt Grimes never been dropped even though he offers nothing & is apparently Martins cog that makes the magic happen?
Worst defence on 22:35 - Feb 21 with 2253 viewsraynor94

This is the same Stoke who lost to Blackpool last week, we made the look like Real Madrid!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Worst defence on 22:44 - Feb 21 with 2219 viewsPawelAbbott

If it wasn't for that period in September, where we stopped playing the possession football, we would be 8 to 10 points adrift at the bottom now.
Login to get fewer ads

Worst defence on 22:45 - Feb 21 with 2211 viewsBoundy

Worst defence on 22:35 - Feb 21 by pencoedjack

Where do you think that comes from?

Why has Matt Grimes never been dropped even though he offers nothing & is apparently Martins cog that makes the magic happen?

I know where it comes from but are the players so afraid of Martin as to ignore his so called tactics against a strong high press athletic team like Stoke , yes they gave the impression of being physically weak but tonight they played the ref and won that particular battle . Grimes as many have said is no leader and we're paying the price for a distinct lack of leadership .No player wants to hear boos but get used to it lads because unless someone gets a grip on forthcoming games I'm afraid that's the future

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Worst defence on 22:48 - Feb 21 with 2186 viewsTreforys_Jack

Stoke had 3 or 4 players just waiting a few yards outside our area from goal kicks just waiting, and unbelievably we still tried it short. Mind boggling, I bet the oppo managers piss themselves at Russ.
Worst defence on 22:51 - Feb 21 with 2165 viewsDr_Winston

Worst defence on 22:48 - Feb 21 by Treforys_Jack

Stoke had 3 or 4 players just waiting a few yards outside our area from goal kicks just waiting, and unbelievably we still tried it short. Mind boggling, I bet the oppo managers piss themselves at Russ.

The last one I can recall being this bad tactically was Flynn with his lop sided 4-3-3. Even Ian Atkins publically took the piss because it was so easy to counter.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Worst defence on 22:57 - Feb 21 with 2134 viewsploppy

Worst defence on 22:14 - Feb 21 by BarrySwan

Thankfully, Cabango doesn't really play for Wales - he's just there to make up the numbers. People were even accusing Page of being anti-Swansea but he's a pretty good judge.

I've never seen a professional footballer look so uncomfortable with the ball at his feet. He turns so slowly, reads the game poorly, gets caught out of position, gives the ball away regularly, etc. He got done like a kipper (again) on the by-line which should have given Stoke a 3rd in the first half.

Now, call me picky, but he doesn't even walk right. He doesn't walk like an athlete, he doesn't carry himself like an athlete. He's sort of pigeon-toed, and I don't like pigeon-toed footballers.

I don't rate him at all ... you probably guessed.

Unfortunately, at the moment at least, neither Wood or Darling are performing any better, which is very worrying.

As backward as it sounds, I think the answer in the short term might be to bring back Naughton in the centre of defence.
Worst defence on 23:16 - Feb 21 with 2085 viewsangryjack

Worst defence on 22:57 - Feb 21 by ploppy

Thankfully, Cabango doesn't really play for Wales - he's just there to make up the numbers. People were even accusing Page of being anti-Swansea but he's a pretty good judge.

I've never seen a professional footballer look so uncomfortable with the ball at his feet. He turns so slowly, reads the game poorly, gets caught out of position, gives the ball away regularly, etc. He got done like a kipper (again) on the by-line which should have given Stoke a 3rd in the first half.

Now, call me picky, but he doesn't even walk right. He doesn't walk like an athlete, he doesn't carry himself like an athlete. He's sort of pigeon-toed, and I don't like pigeon-toed footballers.

I don't rate him at all ... you probably guessed.

Unfortunately, at the moment at least, neither Wood or Darling are performing any better, which is very worrying.

As backward as it sounds, I think the answer in the short term might be to bring back Naughton in the centre of defence.

Said 2 seasons ago cabango is garbage yo be abused on here saying he's our future..the bloke shouldn't be playing championship football maybe league 2 at best..too slow reacting ,his feet are to slow adjusting,seen milk turn quicker,gets caught ball watching,can't pass water,now people taking notice..
Worst defence on 23:41 - Feb 21 with 2043 viewsBadlands

Worst defence on 23:16 - Feb 21 by angryjack

Said 2 seasons ago cabango is garbage yo be abused on here saying he's our future..the bloke shouldn't be playing championship football maybe league 2 at best..too slow reacting ,his feet are to slow adjusting,seen milk turn quicker,gets caught ball watching,can't pass water,now people taking notice..

Cabango was the only player bar Cooper who was worth his pay check.
With him tonight we'd have made no effort to get forward. Did his nut with Manning and Grimes and showed he wanted to win.
We have the worst defence since 2003 but we have good defenders.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Worst defence on 00:37 - Feb 22 with 1995 viewsbuilthjack

Worst defence on 23:41 - Feb 21 by Badlands

With him tonight we'd have made no effort to get forward. Did his nut with Manning and Grimes and showed he wanted to win.

Manning can go. Not worth even 5k a week

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Worst defence on 04:28 - Feb 22 with 1932 viewsTreforys_Jack

Cabango cares but struggling in this disastrous formation.
Worst defence on 05:08 - Feb 22 with 1914 viewsangryjack

You must be his agent as you have had nothing bad to say about him since come into side..he's league 1 at best..
Worst defence on 09:13 - Feb 22 with 1739 viewsheatwave

Worst defence now. We score nearly as much. We must be a great watch for the neutral.
Worst defence on 11:25 - Feb 22 with 1653 viewsBadlands

Worst defence on 05:08 - Feb 22 by angryjack

You must be his agent as you have had nothing bad to say about him since come into side..he's league 1 at best..

Currently Cabango is our highest valued player at €8 million!
Just saying.

Worst defence on 12:02 - Feb 22 with 1618 viewsBillyChong

Worst defence on 11:25 - Feb 22 by Badlands

Just saying.

By whom? Some kid on TikTok?
Worst defence on 12:08 - Feb 22 with 1606 viewsBarrySwan

Worst defence on 11:25 - Feb 22 by Badlands

Just saying.

Good ....lets sell him at a bargain £6m then as soon as possible with the rest of the defence thrown in as a kind of buy one get another 3 or four for free.
Worst defence on 13:01 - Feb 22 with 1532 viewsWhiterockin

Worst defence on 12:02 - Feb 22 by BillyChong

Transfemarket and they value grimes at €6M which tells you everything.
Worst defence on 13:13 - Feb 22 with 1509 viewsBadlands

Worst defence on 12:02 - Feb 22 by BillyChong

Transfermarkt.
What did Cabango do wrong last night? Three crosses were made past him but I would take Ashley Williams comment into account; when asked about not blocking a cross or stopping the ball getting past him he said he didn’t worry as there were players behind him to deal with those situations.

Worst defence on 15:43 - Feb 22 with 1430 viewsangryjack

Worst defence on 13:13 - Feb 22 by Badlands

Transfermarkt.
What did Cabango do wrong last night? Three crosses were made past him but I would take Ashley Williams comment into account; when asked about not blocking a cross or stopping the ball getting past him he said he didn’t worry as there were players behind him to deal with those situations.

Oh there we are then don't do your job and stop a cross .leave it to someone else deal with,plenty players behind me..wouldn't get 8 grand for him if put up for sale never mind 8 million..
Worst defence on 15:56 - Feb 22 with 1419 viewsvetchonian

Worst defence on 22:28 - Feb 21 by Boundy

I think it clicked with the players a long time ago but will not go against Martin otherwise they get the Pato Obafemi treatment....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024