Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garth Crook's team of the week 09:03 - Apr 1 with 1439 viewsjames54

Thought I was seeing things!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26809917

Enjoying the ride

Garth Crook's team of the week on 09:21 - Apr 1 with 1398 viewscaerleon_jack

I just can't work out what he says about Bony. Does he mean the pass through to Shelvey for Routs' goal, or has he confused Shelvey and Bony for the final ball to Routs?

I mean, I know there's more than a passing resemblance between Shelvey and Bony, in as much as they are both men playing football in the same colour kit, but otherwise I think it just shows how clueless Crooks is.

Insert something witty here

Garth Crook's team of the week on 09:36 - Apr 1 with 1353 viewsJackSomething

Garth Crook's team of the week on 09:21 - Apr 1 by caerleon_jack

I just can't work out what he says about Bony. Does he mean the pass through to Shelvey for Routs' goal, or has he confused Shelvey and Bony for the final ball to Routs?

I mean, I know there's more than a passing resemblance between Shelvey and Bony, in as much as they are both men playing football in the same colour kit, but otherwise I think it just shows how clueless Crooks is.

Garth Crooks is surely the BBC equivalent of Paul Merson on Sky. Employed for comedy value alone.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Garth Crook's team of the week on 09:44 - Apr 1 with 1331 viewscaerleon_jack

Garth Crook's team of the week on 09:36 - Apr 1 by JackSomething

Garth Crooks is surely the BBC equivalent of Paul Merson on Sky. Employed for comedy value alone.

It's a horrible thing to say but I've always been of the belief that Crooks is only employed to fill some sort of quota. He tries to paint himself as some sort of intelligent, tactical expert who understands the history of the game and its nuances, but he's incredibly boring to listen to and prone to talking complete nonsense. His team of the week is usually a case of "who's scored this week", his inclusion of Caulker being a prime example.

Garth Crook's team of the week on 10:02 - Apr 1 with 1283 viewsJackSomething

Garth Crook's team of the week on 09:44 - Apr 1 by caerleon_jack

It's a horrible thing to say but I've always been of the belief that Crooks is only employed to fill some sort of quota. He tries to paint himself as some sort of intelligent, tactical expert who understands the history of the game and its nuances, but he's incredibly boring to listen to and prone to talking complete nonsense. His team of the week is usually a case of "who's scored this week", his inclusion of Caulker being a prime example.

Aye, I enjoyed his entry on Caulker. He picks him as one of his defenders because he scored, but still mentions that Cardiff's defending was atrocious!

I do wonder how much of the games he sees. If he's on TV during the games, then obviously he's splitting his attention between multiple feeds (another reason why Sky's offering is so much better, each game gets a dedicated reporter/analyst) and I don't think he exactly watches the full 90 minutes of each game before picking his team. He probably just watches MOTD.

De Guzman is an obvious choice because he scored two good goals and played well. But would anyone at the Lib on the day put him in a similar team ahead of Routledge?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Garth Crook's team of the week on 11:56 - Apr 1 with 1158 viewspencoedjack

Garth Crook's team of the week on 09:21 - Apr 1 by caerleon_jack

Was it also JDG second goal he produced the back heel for ?
Garth Crook's team of the week on 11:59 - Apr 1 with 1152 viewscaerleon_jack

Garth Crook's team of the week on 11:56 - Apr 1 by pencoedjack

Was it also JDG second goal he produced the back heel for ?

It was. I hadn't noticed that, I was so confused by him mixing up Bony/Shelvey.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024