Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One rule you'd change in football 23:00 - Sep 22 with 1216 viewsOrmerod89

Sending off. At no point do I believe it should be anything but 11 vs 11 - you don't go to the theatre and expect the leading man to go off after 70 minutes so why should you see anything but two full teams.

I think personally two yellow cards should mean a player gets sent off, fined and should be replaced by another player from the subs bench. Don't agree with suspensions either for a build u of yellows. Not sure either why another team should benefit from a card from a game which they weren't involved in!

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

One rule you'd change in football on 23:15 - Sep 22 with 1215 viewshertfordseasider

I liked the 18 (was it 18?) yard offside rule they trialled in the Anglo Italian Cub in the 70's.
One rule you'd change in football on 23:30 - Sep 22 with 1210 viewsPNENIL

One rule you'd change in football on 23:15 - Sep 22 by hertfordseasider

I liked the 18 (was it 18?) yard offside rule they trialled in the Anglo Italian Cub in the 70's.

They need to look at time keeping again. Why so much more added time in the second half rather than the first? It should be similar if done right, so why always one minute held up at ht then 4 or 5 at ft?
One rule you'd change in football on 08:25 - Sep 23 with 1183 viewsCurryman

One rule you'd change in football on 23:30 - Sep 22 by PNENIL

They need to look at time keeping again. Why so much more added time in the second half rather than the first? It should be similar if done right, so why always one minute held up at ht then 4 or 5 at ft?

Blood Injuries: where a player has to go off due to a blood injury, that team should be able to replace him until such time as he is able to come back on, whether all substitutes have been used or not.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

One rule you'd change in football on 08:39 - Sep 23 with 1180 viewsKOSBowlCut

One rule you'd change in football on 08:25 - Sep 23 by Curryman

Blood Injuries: where a player has to go off due to a blood injury, that team should be able to replace him until such time as he is able to come back on, whether all substitutes have been used or not.

I'll take your blood injuries Curryman and I'll give you fake injuries. If the play is proceeding and a player is down and not interrupting play then a physic should be allowed on the pitch until the sequence of play has ended with the ball going out or it coming back down the other end. Players shouldn't be allowed to decide whether to stop play or not.

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

One rule you'd change in football on 08:51 - Sep 23 with 1179 viewsMainwaring

One rule you'd change in football on 08:39 - Sep 23 by KOSBowlCut

I'll take your blood injuries Curryman and I'll give you fake injuries. If the play is proceeding and a player is down and not interrupting play then a physic should be allowed on the pitch until the sequence of play has ended with the ball going out or it coming back down the other end. Players shouldn't be allowed to decide whether to stop play or not.

Sin bin for ten minutes for the "professional"foul. The "he's taken one for the team" one
One rule you'd change in football on 11:16 - Sep 23 with 1167 viewsOsbourne

One rule you'd change in football on 08:51 - Sep 23 by Mainwaring

Sin bin for ten minutes for the "professional"foul. The "he's taken one for the team" one

For me, it's the off side rule.
If you are off side, you are off side. This not interfering with play is a none argument. In my opinion, if you are on the pitch, you are by definition, interfering with play.

Arsenal's famous sides under George Graham would of never won the trophy's they won with the off side rule as it is now.

I would be interested to hear what other AVFTT posters think. This is my opinion. Is it a subjective or objective opinion? I'm not sure. What is for sure is that the off side rule affects results virtually every game. Does it not give the referees too much subjective power?
Blimey, that's all a bit heavy!
One rule you'd change in football on 22:04 - Sep 23 with 1144 viewsFixitian

One rule you'd change in football on 11:16 - Sep 23 by Osbourne

For me, it's the off side rule.
If you are off side, you are off side. This not interfering with play is a none argument. In my opinion, if you are on the pitch, you are by definition, interfering with play.

Arsenal's famous sides under George Graham would of never won the trophy's they won with the off side rule as it is now.

I would be interested to hear what other AVFTT posters think. This is my opinion. Is it a subjective or objective opinion? I'm not sure. What is for sure is that the off side rule affects results virtually every game. Does it not give the referees too much subjective power?
Blimey, that's all a bit heavy!

Got to be the offside rule! this has no part in real football.
One rule you'd change in football on 22:40 - Sep 23 with 1136 viewsjanegallagher

A referee being accountable for his decision. I'd like to see some head referee publically critique a referees performance.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Login to get fewer ads

One rule you'd change in football on 11:25 - Sep 24 with 1100 viewsOsbourne

One rule you'd change in football on 22:40 - Sep 23 by janegallagher

A referee being accountable for his decision. I'd like to see some head referee publically critique a referees performance.

Yes Jane, Referees really can cause a result!
They have a very difficult job and I for one respect them.

The referees' should really be getting paid more than the players for the job they do and the fitness they require. However, like many jobs, payment doesn't go to the right people!

I personally enjoy the 'human mistake element' that the 4 match day officials bring to Saturday afternoons. Trouble is football is now a business. So that statement is going to be slated - I can take it - it's good debate. I'm glad I am not a referee!

Let's hope the Referee takes pity on us on Saturday, lets the off - sides go in our favour, and into the bargain gives us a cheap penalty or two! I will settle for a 1-0 win!
1st half for say 3 Norwich players would be nice!!
[Post edited 26 Sep 2014 19:35]
One rule you'd change in football on 14:49 - Sep 24 with 1074 viewswillyekerslike

teams who are winning , replacing a player in the last 5 minutes to waste time . if a team does this , 5 minutes should be aautomatically added to the time .
One rule you'd change in football on 19:19 - Sep 26 with 1033 views1953Original

One rule you'd change in football on 14:49 - Sep 24 by willyekerslike

teams who are winning , replacing a player in the last 5 minutes to waste time . if a team does this , 5 minutes should be aautomatically added to the time .

Good thread - I would change the penalty rule so that it has to be HAND ball and not anywhere in between there and a players shoulder and the player has to at least be in sight of goal and not a mile away falling over running away from goal!!

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

One rule you'd change in football on 20:08 - Sep 26 with 1026 viewsjanegallagher

One rule you'd change in football on 19:19 - Sep 26 by 1953Original

Good thread - I would change the penalty rule so that it has to be HAND ball and not anywhere in between there and a players shoulder and the player has to at least be in sight of goal and not a mile away falling over running away from goal!!

osbourne

We’ve got Simon Sadler

One rule you'd change in football on 09:54 - Sep 27 with 1007 viewsthebigone

Take the time keeping out of the referees hands and give it the fourth official or an independent. Refs have enough to do and seem incapable of enforcing the rules of the game regarding added on time. Should be much more transparency.

Poll: After the articles - Who do you blame?

One rule you'd change in football on 10:05 - Sep 29 with 990 viewsPoolman

One rule you'd change in football on 09:54 - Sep 27 by thebigone

Take the time keeping out of the referees hands and give it the fourth official or an independent. Refs have enough to do and seem incapable of enforcing the rules of the game regarding added on time. Should be much more transparency.

Blackpool allowed to win a game?

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

One rule you'd change in football on 10:28 - Sep 29 with 987 viewsLytham_FY8

One rule you'd change in football on 10:05 - Sep 29 by Poolman

Blackpool allowed to win a game?

Parachute Payments MUST be made available for the club, monitored through rigorous standards.

It's too late for us, but it could stop another greedy little local house salesman from stealing £90 million.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

One rule you'd change in football on 17:03 - Sep 29 with 961 viewsOsbourne

One rule you'd change in football on 10:28 - Sep 29 by Lytham_FY8

Parachute Payments MUST be made available for the club, monitored through rigorous standards.

It's too late for us, but it could stop another greedy little local house salesman from stealing £90 million.

What is the 'FA Rules' definition of a back pass to the goalkeeper?

Norwich had a very questionable backpass, which their keeper picked up, go unpunished by the ref on Saturday.

Indirect free kick?

Why did the ref not penalise the Norwich Keeper.

Your right, I can hear you saying it, "look the rule up yourself you lazy old man!"
One rule you'd change in football on 21:54 - Oct 7 with 928 viewsBertandErnie

Sepp Blatter can't stand for election again as FIFA President! The slimy con man can't be allowed to continue in this role - he makes KO look like some sort of Saint!
One rule you'd change in football on 21:59 - Oct 7 with 925 viewsstu

When a player is fouled and has to go off after treatment. Cost us two goals in the prem Evatt and Eardley.

Tangerine is the new black

One rule you'd change in football on 06:30 - Oct 8 with 911 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Nile Ranger hit the post with a penalty recently. It went along the goalline and he ran after it and collected it at the corner flag. The ref blew for a foul as nobody had touched the ball since he last took the penalty. I would change the rule so that if it hit the posts or bar then a penalty taker could be the next one to touch it as the rule is only there to stop a penalty taker from passing to himself at a penalty and it would take one hell of a player who could deliberately play a one-two off the post at a penalty!
[Post edited 8 Oct 2014 6:31]
One rule you'd change in football on 07:11 - Oct 8 with 900 viewsPlumbs

One rule you'd change in football on 06:30 - Oct 8 by BigHandsOliverKahn

Nile Ranger hit the post with a penalty recently. It went along the goalline and he ran after it and collected it at the corner flag. The ref blew for a foul as nobody had touched the ball since he last took the penalty. I would change the rule so that if it hit the posts or bar then a penalty taker could be the next one to touch it as the rule is only there to stop a penalty taker from passing to himself at a penalty and it would take one hell of a player who could deliberately play a one-two off the post at a penalty!
[Post edited 8 Oct 2014 6:31]

There are no rules in football only laws,so I wouldnt want to see any of those changed as they've been the same since (almost) the game began.It would also be the start of the slippery slope towards 'Americanism' of the game,with timeouts and all that rubbish.

What would help though is education of the fans as many just dont want to understand the laws,and an end to the abuse on referees and some of the cheating by players.

How many fans know how many laws of the game there are?

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024