Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight 20:04 - Oct 4 with 4733 viewsblobby2

Two separate programmes,
Enjoy!

on the north bank in 64 currently in 2 seats in the upper east and proudly supporting Wales ONLY premier league team. Prosser is a twonk!

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 22:22 - Oct 4 with 1349 viewsmax936

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 22:06 - Oct 4 by dickythorpe

10cc were underrated

Briliiant Dicky.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 22:28 - Oct 4 with 1343 viewsdickythorpe

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 22:30 - Oct 4 with 1340 viewsSwanseajill

10cc were underrated

I could listen to them and never tire in my younger years. So very different at that time than any other band.
Just as we all have different tastes in music, it makes the world go around.
Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 22:57 - Oct 4 with 1320 viewsepaul

sheesh such rubbish....hard rock is where it's at

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 23:06 - Oct 4 with 1313 viewsSwanseajill

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 22:57 - Oct 4 by epaul

sheesh such rubbish....hard rock is where it's at

Maybe Paul, but then I grew up when the headbanging gave me vertigo.
Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 00:21 - Oct 5 with 1276 viewsepaul

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 23:06 - Oct 4 by Swanseajill

Maybe Paul, but then I grew up when the headbanging gave me vertigo.

I'm still waiting to grow up Lor...I don't want to

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 10:44 - Oct 5 with 1252 viewsBrynmill_Jack

10cc were underrated

Totally . Great riffing!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 10:51 - Oct 5 with 1237 viewsperchrockjack

and a band also called "pretentious" when they were in fact massively talented. terrific writers Godly /Crème/Gouldman and "Bus Stop" one of my favourites

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 11:13 - Oct 5 with 1231 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Back to the programme, as always these days by the BBC fabulously done. Has any group in the history of music changed line up so many times over 40 years (whilst retaining two , or if you include Phil Collins 3 as he was virtually there from the start as Genesis were hardly recognizable to their hard core prof rock fans, at that particular time) and musically changed but gone on to such massive success?

And not just the band but the solo careers of all of them went off in totally different directions and added something of value to the music scene. Gabriel's dark and brooding output was awesome, Collins and his massive successs, Mike and the Mechanics, Hackett and even Tony Banks has done some good orchestral stuff/

I thought the story of the remarkable bond between Banks and Gabriel (being best friends in Charterhouse from a very young age) and the tension created by their creativity battles was amazing . Great to see the "selfie" Gabriel took of the 5 of them (the classic line up of Gabriel , Banks, Rutherford , Steve Hackett and Collins) all together again , and they really seemed to enjoy it too even though some of their discussions brought back feelings some of them (especially Tony Banks and Peter Gabriel although more Banks because of his more pronounced reserve) found quite difficult to express but in the end a bit of humour crept in which made it all the more fascinating to me . Also intriguing that Mike Rutherford said that the biggest departure that caused the most problems for the group was that of Anthony Phillips , of whom I had never heard of until last night.

I knew I was going to enjoy this even though not really a Genesis fan. It's just that even if I really don't like a band but the band has gone on to be a pivotal part of our popular culture I will definitely watch any music documentary about them with interest. A fantastic , insightful and thought provoking programme, as are all of Beeb four and two's efforts in this direction. Thank God for the BBC. Well, the non news side at least.

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 11:18 - Oct 5 with 1216 viewsperchrockjack

But not for all...

and that s music and why we love it..

Personally I found it non involving, overlong and frankly boring but Ive a short attention span now

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 11:19 - Oct 5 with 1216 viewsDarran

The new Foo Fighters documentary series Sonic Highways is being shown on BBC4 from October 24th.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 11:20 - Oct 5 with 1213 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 11:19 - Oct 5 by Darran

The new Foo Fighters documentary series Sonic Highways is being shown on BBC4 from October 24th.

I shall be setting the reminders for that one. Thank you for the heads up

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 11:24 - Oct 5 with 1199 viewsDarran

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 11:20 - Oct 5 by Brynmill_Jack

I shall be setting the reminders for that one. Thank you for the heads up

My pleasure my Friend,if you don't know what it's about its about how they recorded their new album.they travelled around America recoding each track in a different vintage studio.

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 11:25 - Oct 5 with 1196 viewsperchrockjack

moi aussi.
LE fOOS.. fookn ave it

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 11:26 - Oct 5 with 1193 viewsDarran

The series is set to have eight episodes where the Foo Fighters travel to eight legendary studios in eight different cities across the United States of America to write and record their album.The cities will be Chicago, Austin, Nashville, Los Angeles, Seattle, New Orleans, Washington, D.C., and New York. Studios involved with the project include Steve Albini’s Electrical Audio in Chicago; Rancho de Luna in California; and Washington, D.C.’s Inner Ear Studios. Each episode features interviews with artists who recorded at the respective studios. Among them are Ian MacKaye of Minor Threat and Fugazi, Paul Stanley of Kiss, Joe Walsh of The Eagles, Nancy Wilson of Heart, Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick, Zac Brown and Gary Clark, Jr.

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 11:29 - Oct 5 with 1065 viewsperchrockjack

That ll do for me

just genius

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 11:31 - Oct 5 with 1056 viewsLord_Bony

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 11:26 - Oct 5 by Darran

The series is set to have eight episodes where the Foo Fighters travel to eight legendary studios in eight different cities across the United States of America to write and record their album.The cities will be Chicago, Austin, Nashville, Los Angeles, Seattle, New Orleans, Washington, D.C., and New York. Studios involved with the project include Steve Albini’s Electrical Audio in Chicago; Rancho de Luna in California; and Washington, D.C.’s Inner Ear Studios. Each episode features interviews with artists who recorded at the respective studios. Among them are Ian MacKaye of Minor Threat and Fugazi, Paul Stanley of Kiss, Joe Walsh of The Eagles, Nancy Wilson of Heart, Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick, Zac Brown and Gary Clark, Jr.

Interesting.

I will toon in.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 11:31 - Oct 5 with 1056 viewsDarran

Genesis on bbc 2 later tonight on 11:29 - Oct 5 by perchrockjack

That ll do for me

just genius

And if you haven't heard Gary Clarke jr Google him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024