Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread 22:10 - Aug 13 with 15613 viewsScoobyWho

SWANSEA CITY will play YORK CITY at home.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2015 22:39]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 23:32 - Aug 13 with 3452 viewsjackharris

From Reading the York City Forum Thread, they are all overjoyed and filled with happiness to be playing us, NOT!

Anyway £10 for adults, concessions £5 and Kids for a quid and everyone's a winner?

For some reason I think we will get an 18,000 crowd as it is still the school holidays and tickets should, well hopefully, be a lot easier to purchase than the Rotherham ones last year. The crowd was just under 13,000!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 23:46 - Aug 13 with 3400 viewsEdmundo

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 22:53 - Aug 13 by SwansNZ

But we're the top seeds - they must be thrilled

To a club like them, they would appreciate a big money game....a Newcastle/Everton just for the bucks.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 08:35 - Aug 14 with 3215 viewsphact0rri

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 23:01 - Aug 13 by PozuelosSideys

Defensively alright.

Emnes in the hole means we create nothing

Well if we change it up some and have emnes more of a shadow striker it won't be to bad. leave the creativity to the wings. Emnes does have decent pace and would link up well with Eder I would imagine.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 08:41 - Aug 14 with 3207 viewsJackSomething

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 22:53 - Aug 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

Thinking ahead depending on fitness...

Eder
Routs Emnes Dyer
Britton Grimes
Tabanou Amat Bartley Rangel
Nordfeldt

Feels nice to be deep enough to sit EVERY regular starter and still field a decent squad!

I'd expect to see Fulton in there and maybe another youngster or two. Maybe Emnes on the wing instead of Routs and Grimes behind Eder, leaving Britton and Fulton in the midfield?

I love Britton and Rangel, but this is the kind of game to blood young players and see what they can do.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 09:43 - Aug 14 with 3164 viewsScoobyWho

I can see Kingsley and Bartley featuring in this one with Tabanou and Rangel at the back.
Definitely Fulton and Grimes in the middle, maybe Dyer and Routs with Ki getting game time with one up front, could be daring and play the new lad McBurnie (?) or possibly Eder.

Great possibilities for a second string to develop.

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 09:56 - Aug 14 with 3152 viewsPegojack

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 23:12 - Aug 13 by YCFC_D8

Now then Swans. It's been a long time! Last one was a trip to the Vetch.

This time it'll be to sample your fancy new stadium while watching us get a dry bumming by your reserves, but it has to be done. 5 and a half hour train ride, so an overnighter on the cards. Any hotels near the stadium?

I salute you, a proper football fan! Swansea has plenty of hotels of all kinds and prices, as well as many B&Bs. Check out the tinternet.

If you fancy a pint pre-match with friendly Swans fans, head for the Globe, Mysydd Road, Landore, Swansea SA1 2QD
Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 10:16 - Aug 14 with 3121 viewsDull1Thomas

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 09:43 - Aug 14 by ScoobyWho

I can see Kingsley and Bartley featuring in this one with Tabanou and Rangel at the back.
Definitely Fulton and Grimes in the middle, maybe Dyer and Routs with Ki getting game time with one up front, could be daring and play the new lad McBurnie (?) or possibly Eder.

Wouldn't go with Fulton & Grimes together unless we have to - not enough experience and quite lightweight as a pair.
Personally I 'd go with a second string rather than 3rd choice & under 21s (who have already stepped up a class and will get tested there.
Maybe
Nordfeldt
Angel Amat Bartley Tabanou
Leon
Nathan Grimes/ Fulton Emnes Routledege
Eder

Sub
Vickers
Grimes/Fulton
Taylor
Ash
Gomis
Siggy

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 10:40 - Aug 14 with 3084 viewsWhiterockin

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 08:41 - Aug 14 by JackSomething

I'd expect to see Fulton in there and maybe another youngster or two. Maybe Emnes on the wing instead of Routs and Grimes behind Eder, leaving Britton and Fulton in the midfield?

I love Britton and Rangel, but this is the kind of game to blood young players and see what they can do.

There needs to be a balance between young blood and experience. Matches like this can always be a banana skin as we are on a hiding to nothing. We have proved before that we can win this cup lets not fall at the first hurdle.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Login to get fewer ads

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 10:48 - Aug 14 with 3073 viewstrampie

Happy with the draw, I expect to see a team of first team squad fringe players put out.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 11:22 - Aug 14 with 3042 viewsJackSomething

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 10:40 - Aug 14 by Whiterockin

There needs to be a balance between young blood and experience. Matches like this can always be a banana skin as we are on a hiding to nothing. We have proved before that we can win this cup lets not fall at the first hurdle.

I don't disagree about having a balance, but we went with this line-up at the same stage against Rotherham last season:

Tremmel
Tiendalli Bartley Fernández Richards
Carroll Fulton
Montero Sheehan Dyer
Gomis

When you consider Gomis, Montero and Fernández were unknown quantities at the time, I don't consider that to be stronger than a line-up of say:

Nordfeldt
Tabanou Bartley Amat Rangel
Fulton Britton
Emnes Grimes Dyer
Eder

I'd like to see some of the young players on the bench also, but with so many now out on loan, don't know if there's anyone left who's close to being ready for the first team.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2015 11:24]

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 11:36 - Aug 14 with 3013 viewstrampie

Fernandez and Gomis were far from unknown, in fact they were very known.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2015 11:37]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 11:45 - Aug 14 with 3003 viewsQuakerJack

Gutted... why couldn't it have been away!!!

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 11:52 - Aug 14 with 2991 viewsWhiterockin

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 11:22 - Aug 14 by JackSomething

I don't disagree about having a balance, but we went with this line-up at the same stage against Rotherham last season:

Tremmel
Tiendalli Bartley Fernández Richards
Carroll Fulton
Montero Sheehan Dyer
Gomis

When you consider Gomis, Montero and Fernández were unknown quantities at the time, I don't consider that to be stronger than a line-up of say:

Nordfeldt
Tabanou Bartley Amat Rangel
Fulton Britton
Emnes Grimes Dyer
Eder

I'd like to see some of the young players on the bench also, but with so many now out on loan, don't know if there's anyone left who's close to being ready for the first team.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2015 11:24]

Two of those unknown's had just come back from World Cup duty.

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 12:13 - Aug 14 with 2942 viewsJackSomething

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 11:52 - Aug 14 by Whiterockin

Two of those unknown's had just come back from World Cup duty.

Seeing as both you and Trampie have posted the same thing, I guess I wasn't clear enough. Both were unknown quantities as Swansea players was what I meant.

On the World Cup duty point, Rory Fallon returned to Plymouth in 2010, having played in all in his team's games at the World Cup. How did that go?

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 12:37 - Aug 14 with 2909 viewssomersetsimon

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 23:12 - Aug 13 by YCFC_D8

Now then Swans. It's been a long time! Last one was a trip to the Vetch.

This time it'll be to sample your fancy new stadium while watching us get a dry bumming by your reserves, but it has to be done. 5 and a half hour train ride, so an overnighter on the cards. Any hotels near the stadium?

If you are coming by train, it's probably better to look for something near the station rather the stadium. There's a direct bus from the station to the stadium (less than 10 minutes). The Grand is right next to the station and you'll probably get that for £60-£70.
Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 13:01 - Aug 14 with 2694 viewsRuDeMan1970

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 23:32 - Aug 13 by jackharris

From Reading the York City Forum Thread, they are all overjoyed and filled with happiness to be playing us, NOT!

Anyway £10 for adults, concessions £5 and Kids for a quid and everyone's a winner?

For some reason I think we will get an 18,000 crowd as it is still the school holidays and tickets should, well hopefully, be a lot easier to purchase than the Rotherham ones last year. The crowd was just under 13,000!

And how much will the tickets be for Liverpool away around Hallowe'en cost? It's bound to happen...

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 13:09 - Aug 14 with 2671 viewsjasper_T

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 09:43 - Aug 14 by ScoobyWho

McBurnie is a long way off the first team. Currently behind Owain Jones and Alex Samuel in the u21s.
Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 14:08 - Aug 14 with 2607 viewsYCFC_D8

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 12:37 - Aug 14 by somersetsimon

If you are coming by train, it's probably better to look for something near the station rather the stadium. There's a direct bus from the station to the stadium (less than 10 minutes). The Grand is right next to the station and you'll probably get that for £60-£70.

Thanks for this - and also to Jack further up the thread.

Sadly it looks like we're only going to be bringing 500 or so to this, which is embarrassing considering we took 4,500 to the last two away games against Premiership clubs (FA Cup). Too many people got over excited about getting one of the London clubs, or Newcastle (easy to get to), etc.....or a big home game, given we're moving to a £40m stadium next year and want to see the ground get a send off. Plus it's an overnighter.

Hasn't put me off. Really like what you've done with the club since the dark days of us both playing out a dull as heck 0-0 at Vetch Field. We're hoping we can do a much smaller but positive transition when we move into our new stadium.
Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 15:45 - Aug 14 with 2518 viewsQuakerJack

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 14:08 - Aug 14 by YCFC_D8

Thanks for this - and also to Jack further up the thread.

Sadly it looks like we're only going to be bringing 500 or so to this, which is embarrassing considering we took 4,500 to the last two away games against Premiership clubs (FA Cup). Too many people got over excited about getting one of the London clubs, or Newcastle (easy to get to), etc.....or a big home game, given we're moving to a £40m stadium next year and want to see the ground get a send off. Plus it's an overnighter.

Hasn't put me off. Really like what you've done with the club since the dark days of us both playing out a dull as heck 0-0 at Vetch Field. We're hoping we can do a much smaller but positive transition when we move into our new stadium.

where's the new ground gonna be mate? Know York pretty well living up here for a few years. My brother in law/sister in law used to live in the city so many a weekend in York. Used to start in that Sam Smith's pub the Brigadier Gerard, onto the Keystones, Terrace bar which is awesome for football, evil eye etc etc... brilliant day/night on the beer in York... damn shame this game is at ours (for us two anyway).

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 16:01 - Aug 14 with 2489 viewsYCFC_D8

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 15:45 - Aug 14 by QuakerJack

where's the new ground gonna be mate? Know York pretty well living up here for a few years. My brother in law/sister in law used to live in the city so many a weekend in York. Used to start in that Sam Smith's pub the Brigadier Gerard, onto the Keystones, Terrace bar which is awesome for football, evil eye etc etc... brilliant day/night on the beer in York... damn shame this game is at ours (for us two anyway).

Alright Jack. Yeah - Monks Cross in the east of the city, but the west of the shopping centre there, so still walking distance for a large part of York. Will seriously miss Bootham Crescent, but it's falling down and you can't make money without all those "revenue streams" that come with a new stadium.

Won't be anything like your new gaff, but it'll take us forward in the same way it helped Chesterfield and Rotherham (as examples of what we think we could aim for).
Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 17:45 - Aug 14 with 2405 viewsmorningstar

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 23:22 - Aug 13 by Phil_S

Depends where you want to stay - theres a Premier Inn at the bottom of Wind Street in the centre of town if you want a few after the game (and nearer the stadium too) or if you feel flush there is always Morgans that is close to the centre of town too.

Failing that ask for Garyjack on here he will put you up in your house, give you a full English breakfast and then drop you down the station in the morning with a packed lunch

Enjoy your trip

Of course, that was all going rather well until you notice the obvious error that you need to edit! ....................and it's a full Welsh Breakfast.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 18:17 - Aug 14 with 2367 viewsScoobyWho

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 13:09 - Aug 14 by jasper_T

McBurnie is a long way off the first team. Currently behind Owain Jones and Alex Samuel in the u21s.

Blood him. No fear.

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 23:39 - Aug 14 with 2230 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 08:41 - Aug 14 by JackSomething

Indeed, these cup games would have been a great opportunity to get some looks at Gorre too. I'm still second-guessing the decision to loan him out.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 01:17 - Aug 15 with 2178 viewsDull1Thomas

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 23:39 - Aug 14 by Tummer_from_Texas

Indeed, these cup games would have been a great opportunity to get some looks at Gorre too. I'm still second-guessing the decision to loan him out.

Ishn't Gorre plehing hes foozbol in Shtevie McLarensh shold cowndtry? Shruely I shaw hish pappa and mommee en der shtand at the Ado gaim againsht P esh vee.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 09:17 - Aug 15 with 2109 viewsWhiterockin

Official Capital One Cup Round Two thread on 01:17 - Aug 15 by Dull1Thomas

Ishn't Gorre plehing hes foozbol in Shtevie McLarensh shold cowndtry? Shruely I shaw hish pappa and mommee en der shtand at the Ado gaim againsht P esh vee.

Is this what happens when you post at quarter past one in the morning.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024