Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The toughest away games for Swansea 11:27 - Sep 13 with 4188 viewsScoobyWho

Have to be -

Watford
Leicester
Bournemouth
WBA
Stoke

And not -

Man Utd
Liverpool
Man City
Arsenal
Chelsea

Surely Monk can do something about this ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The toughest away games for Swansea on 14:25 - Sep 13 with 4117 viewsJethroJack

Are you suggesting we've a squad full of big time Charlies?
The toughest away games for Swansea on 15:18 - Sep 13 with 4090 viewsandrew

Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool not tough away games? we've yet to win in the league at any of them, not even getting a point at City.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

The toughest away games for Swansea on 15:25 - Sep 13 with 4079 viewshobo

Every away game is tough in this league
The toughest away games for Swansea on 15:50 - Sep 13 with 4044 viewsJackFish

The toughest away games for Swansea on 15:18 - Sep 13 by andrew

Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool not tough away games? we've yet to win in the league at any of them, not even getting a point at City.

We've also taken two points from four visits to Everton and no points from four games at Spurs, while we've usually been pretty good at winning against the teams lower down - Newcastle, Fulham, West Brom, Villa...

The teams we generally lose to away though are those like Stoke, West Ham, Leicester, Watford yesterday, who are direct and don't give us any time on the ball. It's not exactly a new thing.
The toughest away games for Swansea on 15:55 - Sep 13 with 4033 viewsshandyjack

the year we went up in the play offs we lost to all 3 teams away who were in the bottom 3, it's the Swansea way, if we didn't lose games like these away from home and have the odd blip we'd be pushing the top 4 every year

Poll: Expectation for the season

The toughest away games for Swansea on 16:33 - Sep 13 with 4003 viewsJethroJack

The toughest away games for Swansea on 15:55 - Sep 13 by shandyjack

the year we went up in the play offs we lost to all 3 teams away who were in the bottom 3, it's the Swansea way, if we didn't lose games like these away from home and have the odd blip we'd be pushing the top 4 every year

You could say that about most "mid-table" teams, not just us. Also, the team that takes the title usually wins it by fluking a few undeserved wins & draws over the season.
The toughest away games for Swansea on 17:03 - Sep 13 with 3973 viewsbermudajack

The toughest away games for Swansea on 16:33 - Sep 13 by JethroJack

You could say that about most "mid-table" teams, not just us. Also, the team that takes the title usually wins it by fluking a few undeserved wins & draws over the season.

Quite obviously it's not the teams we play, it's the way that they set up against us.

If a top club play to keep possession and dominate the game against us we try to keep it tight and hit them on the break with pace, Nick a goal etc

We are finding it difficult when this tactic is being played against us at the moment, we couldn't break down a tight organised defence ready to hit us on the counter, Monk had no answer to this against Watford and we were very lucky not to get caught out on 3 occasions.

The problem is, this tactic will be deployed by more of our opponents now more regular
What's amazing is their goal was a typical league 2 lump it down the middle ball that our defence just couldn't cope with 😳

Poll: Priority for new manager?

The toughest away games for Swansea on 17:46 - Sep 13 with 3927 viewsEdmundo

The toughest away games for Swansea on 17:03 - Sep 13 by bermudajack

Quite obviously it's not the teams we play, it's the way that they set up against us.

If a top club play to keep possession and dominate the game against us we try to keep it tight and hit them on the break with pace, Nick a goal etc

We are finding it difficult when this tactic is being played against us at the moment, we couldn't break down a tight organised defence ready to hit us on the counter, Monk had no answer to this against Watford and we were very lucky not to get caught out on 3 occasions.

The problem is, this tactic will be deployed by more of our opponents now more regular
What's amazing is their goal was a typical league 2 lump it down the middle ball that our defence just couldn't cope with 😳

We were undone by a policy that will catch other teams of a similar quality.

Move onto the next game and don't get caught again 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Login to get fewer ads

The toughest away games for Swansea on 18:54 - Sep 13 with 3875 viewsshandyjack

The toughest away games for Swansea on 16:33 - Sep 13 by JethroJack

sorry, thats the point i was trying to make, mid table teams lose these sort of games and we are a mid table to top half team

The toughest away games for Swansea on 19:20 - Sep 13 with 3856 viewsScoobyWho

The toughest away games for Swansea on 15:18 - Sep 13 by andrew

Or indeed at Leicester.

The toughest away games for Swansea on 19:37 - Sep 13 with 3837 viewsjack247

We generally lose to the top sides away, it's just makes headlines and is more memorable when we beat them.

I'm fairly confident we will get more away out of Watford, Leicester, Bournemouth, WBA and Stoke than we will at the big five.

If we had lost 1-0 at Arsenal yesterday, no one would have batted an eyelid.
The toughest away games for Swansea on 20:41 - Sep 13 with 3799 viewsScoobyWho

The toughest away games for Swansea on 19:37 - Sep 13 by jack247

We generally lose to the top sides away, it's just makes headlines and is more memorable when we beat them.

I'm fairly confident we will get more away out of Watford, Leicester, Bournemouth, WBA and Stoke than we will at the big five.

If we had lost 1-0 at Arsenal yesterday, no one would have batted an eyelid.

Well Watford beat us, Leicester always do us away, Bournemouth is an open book, and WBA and Stoke done us last year away, which is my point. What have we got now compared to last year ?
Because these games definitely seem harder than when we won at Arsenal and Man Utd last year and of course drew at Chelsea last time out etc.

Which makes the losing at top sides away thing a bit redundant.
We do worse away at the so called poorer sides. And I will add West Ham as well, we never beat them away either.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2015 20:41]

The toughest away games for Swansea on 20:54 - Sep 13 with 3781 viewsshandyjack

The toughest away games for Swansea on 20:41 - Sep 13 by ScoobyWho

Well Watford beat us, Leicester always do us away, Bournemouth is an open book, and WBA and Stoke done us last year away, which is my point. What have we got now compared to last year ?
Because these games definitely seem harder than when we won at Arsenal and Man Utd last year and of course drew at Chelsea last time out etc.

We do worse away at the so called poorer sides. And I will add West Ham as well, we never beat them away either.

Leicester
West Ham
Bournemouth
Stoke
Watford 1
Sunderland 1
WBA
Norwich

These are the teams you'd expect to finish below us and i reckon we will struggle to pick up 10 points from 27

The toughest away games for Swansea on 21:03 - Sep 13 with 3771 viewsjack247

The toughest away games for Swansea on 20:41 - Sep 13 by ScoobyWho

Yeah I get that, I'm not saying they are easy places to go.

Don't be swayed by us beating Man United and Arsenal away last year though, it's the exception not the norm.
The toughest away games for Swansea on 21:18 - Sep 13 with 3755 viewsmonmouth

Burnley beat man c last season. It happens. Away games are tough. You have to be prepared to match effort and grit and concentrate every second. Yesterday we simply weren't.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024