Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why buy us then watch us go down ???? 23:38 - Oct 1 with 4922 viewsporschejack

Very strange take over .
Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 23:49 - Oct 1 with 3548 viewsbuilthjack

Odd

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 00:05 - Oct 2 with 3512 viewsskacrazy

More to the point. Why buy us then undermine the manager so much that it ensures we go down.
Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 01:47 - Oct 2 with 3407 viewsmajorraglan

We have had a tough start to the season, maybe they thought we would be better than we are and I suspect that the owners/HJ thought we would have more points than we do, things are not be going their way so they might be getting a bit nervy and feeling a bit of pressure!

They have spent a lot of money on buying the club and relegation will hit them hard, especially if we don't come straight back up. If things do go Pete Tong, we could find ourselves where Cardiff are now.
If we do go down and the yanks look to cash out, look on the bright side at least the old board will have the money to buy the club again!!
[Post edited 2 Oct 2016 1:48]
Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 02:42 - Oct 2 with 3356 viewsTownhill_Hilton

We aren't going down as long as Guido stops tinkering
Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 03:35 - Oct 2 with 3303 viewsdeanscfc

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 02:42 - Oct 2 by Townhill_Hilton

I think he's tinkering for good reason. Lots of weaknesses in the side unfoetunately.
Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 07:17 - Oct 2 with 3205 viewsDr_Winston

Because they didn't do their full due dilligence on Huwbert.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 07:36 - Oct 2 with 3182 viewsjack247

I dont think he is going to get the chance, bu he will stop tinkering once he finds an effective way of getting the best out of those players. He is pretty close to it now, though I'm not sure how that strategy would work against a team that comes to play for the draw.
Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 08:59 - Oct 2 with 3059 views1jack

Would the value of the stadium decrease if we went down?
Login to get fewer ads

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 09:20 - Oct 2 with 2967 viewsmonmouth

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 07:17 - Oct 2 by Dr_Winston

They saw Jack to a King, what more do they need? And the queen gave him a medal.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 09:21 - Oct 2 with 2965 viewsBorojack

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 07:17 - Oct 2 by Dr_Winston

Not bought us to go down but bought us to stay up on the cheap.
Like Laudrup said you cant stand still in the PL or it will catch up with you.
And we havent stood still we have gone backwards.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 09:22 - Oct 2 with 2964 viewsmagicdaps10

The intention is for us not to go down, obviously.

The big mistake the yanks made was keeping Huw Jenkins and letting him carry on doing what ever he think is best. Jenkins has done a good job but he is no longer capable of doing that job to an acceptable standard.

His ego has got far too big and getting him out of the club is the way forward.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 09:32 - Oct 2 with 2924 viewsDr_Winston

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 09:21 - Oct 2 by Borojack

You don't have to spend tens of millions every summer. What you do have to do is ensure that you leave no stone unturned in the search for quality at prices we can afford. The players are out there. Leicester proved that. Other than a bit of digging in Scotland we don't do it.

Our recruitment has become lazy. We might bring in a couple of young talents on the offchance that they develop into useful additions, but otherwise it looks like we just rely on agents to bring the players to us. We'd never have signed a player like Llorente in years gone by (and that's not a criticism of him, he looks decent).

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 09:32 - Oct 2 with 2920 viewsWhiterockin

If only life was so simple. No players late back from the Euro's and no injuries.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 09:35 - Oct 2 with 2906 viewscostalotta

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 09:21 - Oct 2 by Borojack

Unfortunately this 100%
Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 09:47 - Oct 2 with 2868 viewsLoyal

They have recouped their money already.
Whatever happens now is pure profit.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 09:56 - Oct 2 with 2838 viewsGowerjack

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 09:47 - Oct 2 by Loyal

They have recouped their money already.
Whatever happens now is pure profit.

How have they done that?

I don't doubt what you are saying just wondering about how they have done it.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 13:36 - Oct 2 with 2676 viewsChief

Well they are silly yanks and there is a transfer window, so theres nothing they can do until January, and they came in late the summer window, so the thread title is a bit of red herring. Having said that. I'm pretty sure some cash could have been spent in key areas even without the takeover happening we could have strengthened with cash from sales and the increased TV money

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 14:36 - Oct 2 with 2623 viewsPhil_S

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 13:36 - Oct 2 by Chief

Well they are silly yanks and there is a transfer window, so theres nothing they can do until January, and they came in late the summer window, so the thread title is a bit of red herring. Having said that. I'm pretty sure some cash could have been spent in key areas even without the takeover happening we could have strengthened with cash from sales and the increased TV money

There is little doubt in my mind that we missed out on the signing of Allen because of the takeover
Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 14:52 - Oct 2 with 2565 viewssnork44

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 14:36 - Oct 2 by Phil_S

There is little doubt in my mind that we missed out on the signing of Allen because of the takeover

Just a quick question Phil, What is you view on the managerial situation and what is your view on the probable appointment of Ryan Griggs ?

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 14:57 - Oct 2 with 2544 viewsPhil_S

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 14:52 - Oct 2 by snork44

Just a quick question Phil, What is you view on the managerial situation and what is your view on the probable appointment of Ryan Griggs ?

Personal view? The fact that we have let the speculation run on is pretty poor on our behalf and shows complete disrespect and a lack of class. If we want rid then (as the article on here said last weekend) we should do it

For a new manager for me we should sit and wait who comes forward (if and when we do it) rather than sneaking around interviewing people who have been hawked around by their agents.

Football sickens me the way it acts at times

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 14:59 - Oct 2 with 2535 viewscostalotta

It would work as an excuse for sure but i don't believe that for 1 second. Its convenient though...

The common theme on here at the time was we didn't sign him cos Huw didn't want to spend 13m or he didn't think he was worth 13m. Reading between the lines it looks like Huw tried it on with Joey and asked him to sit tight till Jan or maybe even June. He knew Liverpool wouldn't accept what we offered in the summer and probably wanted to pick him up on the cheap cheap in Jan.Maybe even trying to entice Joey with a nice signing on fee. Its funny though... as we managed to get VDH early-ish in the window and before takeover complete did we not?
Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 15:00 - Oct 2 with 2528 viewsdobjack2

I assume that you mean it was the time that it took for the various parties to Agree terms caused us recruitment issues by keeping us in limbo rather than the fact that we were taken over.
Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 15:05 - Oct 2 with 2501 viewsPhil_S

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 14:59 - Oct 2 by costalotta

It would work as an excuse for sure but i don't believe that for 1 second. Its convenient though...

The common theme on here at the time was we didn't sign him cos Huw didn't want to spend 13m or he didn't think he was worth 13m. Reading between the lines it looks like Huw tried it on with Joey and asked him to sit tight till Jan or maybe even June. He knew Liverpool wouldn't accept what we offered in the summer and probably wanted to pick him up on the cheap cheap in Jan.Maybe even trying to entice Joey with a nice signing on fee. Its funny though... as we managed to get VDH early-ish in the window and before takeover complete did we not?

it's your call not asking you to believe it I just happen to believe that certain eyes were off the ball as the takeover and the riches associated with it was happening

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 15:13 - Oct 2 with 2442 viewscostalotta

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 15:05 - Oct 2 by Phil_S

it's your call not asking you to believe it I just happen to believe that certain eyes were off the ball as the takeover and the riches associated with it was happening

Joey signed for Stoke on the 25th July.

The takeover was completed by the 21st and EPL seemed to receive ratification on the 1st July. At least according to the Guardian..

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/21/swansea-takeover-steve-kaplan-j

We signed VDH 6th July oddly enough between the two dates.

Just seen your edit to your post. after I posted the above. Just offering some context to the theme.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2016 15:24]
Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 15:21 - Oct 2 with 2416 viewstomdickharry

Why buy us then watch us go down ???? on 09:35 - Oct 2 by costalotta

Unfortunately this 100%

Messrs Kaplan and Levien bought us with every intention that the club would remain in the PL relying on the expertise of Mr Jenkins to undertake that task,we are still a devil of a long way from relegation and the league table at the commencement of the next transfer window will surely determine if additions to the squad are necessary. Whilst our current league position looks poor we know that two penalty kicks robbed us of possibly 2 or more points in addition the Hull game was just thrown away,that unfortunately is football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024