Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollys post match comments 16:22 - May 7 with 8038 viewsstuabd

“We just need to shrug this one off quickly and start focusing on next season because this will be a really important transfer window for us and it is vital we bring the right people in.”

I thought about a month ago we had the right people. All pulling in the right direction etc. Playing for the club. I guess he means the right people are not the right players so he wants the right people that are also the right players. Right?

I think we probably need a couple but there are some decent players at the club. As has been said, probably best to learn to walk first and get a settled pattern of play before we start trying out new formations each week.
Ollys post match comments on 16:26 - May 7 with 6049 viewsTGRRRSSS

I agree, the cue was put on the wrack somewhat prematurely ands it's a lesson to all going forward, Holloway included!
Ollys post match comments on 16:27 - May 7 with 6029 viewsNov77

Usual guff. Neither he nor bircham have a clue. Mike Bassett and fan in a tracksuit.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Ollys post match comments on 16:31 - May 7 with 6000 viewsisawqpratwcity

I was wondering what his post-match comments were going to be.

So, he's not composing a letter of resignation...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ollys post match comments on 16:33 - May 7 with 5981 viewspaulparker

No we don't shrug off a 4 -0 nor do we shrug off a 3-1 against Brentford
Have some pride and walk away because your out of your depth olly , if you love us then tear up your contract and go back to sky
We have crawled over the line this year , we got dead lucky ,next year we won't be so lucky

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ollys post match comments on 16:36 - May 7 with 5940 viewsTacticalR

Are the right people the same as the right sort?

In any case, they seem a very elusive group.

Air hostess clique

Ollys post match comments on 16:38 - May 7 with 5909 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Ollys post match comments on 16:40 - May 7 with 5886 viewsbosh67

Ollys post match comments on 16:33 - May 7 by paulparker

No we don't shrug off a 4 -0 nor do we shrug off a 3-1 against Brentford
Have some pride and walk away because your out of your depth olly , if you love us then tear up your contract and go back to sky
We have crawled over the line this year , we got dead lucky ,next year we won't be so lucky

Yup. The fact that certain players are already in their home country's really isn't good enough. It is a 46 game season, you play your best team every week. You don't let half of them go home early. Simply not good enough and totally unfair on the fans.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ollys post match comments on 16:52 - May 7 with 5802 viewsStanisgod

Ollys post match comments on 16:40 - May 7 by bosh67

Yup. The fact that certain players are already in their home country's really isn't good enough. It is a 46 game season, you play your best team every week. You don't let half of them go home early. Simply not good enough and totally unfair on the fans.

Yeah ,lets shrug off 3 points from the last 18. If we had played anyone half decent last week we would be down , but hey ho.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Ollys post match comments on 16:56 - May 7 with 5757 viewsDejR_vu

Ollys post match comments on 16:52 - May 7 by Stanisgod

Yeah ,lets shrug off 3 points from the last 18. If we had played anyone half decent last week we would be down , but hey ho.

I think it's 3 from 24 on the latest catastrophic run of results

#takeitonthechin
[Post edited 7 May 2017 16:57]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ollys post match comments on 17:14 - May 7 with 5623 viewsenfieldargh

Summer in January?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ollys post match comments on 17:17 - May 7 with 5590 viewsvegasranger

The only player we bought in January that looks to have real quality is Freeman.
Ollys post match comments on 17:33 - May 7 with 5504 viewsSimonJames

Amongst many of his recent quotes: "“The squad is thriving. They're galvanised and accepting of all the decisions I'm making..."
Hmmm! If that's the case, then there should be no need to bring in the "right people". Is he saying that during the last 2 months some of his "thriving", "galvanised" squad have become the "wrong people"?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Ollys post match comments on 17:37 - May 7 with 5486 viewsDejR_vu

Ollys post match comments on 17:33 - May 7 by SimonJames

Amongst many of his recent quotes: "“The squad is thriving. They're galvanised and accepting of all the decisions I'm making..."
Hmmm! If that's the case, then there should be no need to bring in the "right people". Is he saying that during the last 2 months some of his "thriving", "galvanised" squad have become the "wrong people"?

It's just the usual rambling, incoherent drivel. No point trying to make sense out of anything he says.

Ollys post match comments on 17:41 - May 7 with 5432 viewscorse

He is deluted.
Ollys post match comments on 17:42 - May 7 with 5416 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ollys post match comments on 17:37 - May 7 by DejR_vu

It's just the usual rambling, incoherent drivel. No point trying to make sense out of anything he says.

Tbf, almost any manager's post-match comments are self-serving drivel.

Today's are only important for showing that his attachment to the job hasn't diminished.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ollys post match comments on 18:40 - May 7 with 5181 viewsDesertBoot

Do we "shrug off" thirteen defeats in our last nineteen games or do we take them "on the chin?"

Wish I could be like David Watts

Ollys post match comments on 18:42 - May 7 with 5163 viewsdistortR

Ollys post match comments on 17:41 - May 7 by corse

He is deluted.

poor fella
Ollys post match comments on 18:42 - May 7 with 5161 viewsBoston

Ollys post match comments on 16:31 - May 7 by isawqpratwcity

I was wondering what his post-match comments were going to be.

So, he's not composing a letter of resignation...

We're resigned to that.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ollys post match comments on 19:45 - May 7 with 4929 viewsWokingR

Shrug it off!

I've just got back having spent 7 1/2 hours in the car to watch absolute shite and he thinks I should just shrug it off.
Starting to lose patience
Ollys post match comments on 20:00 - May 7 with 4843 viewsterryb

Ollys post match comments on 19:45 - May 7 by WokingR

Shrug it off!

I've just got back having spent 7 1/2 hours in the car to watch absolute shite and he thinks I should just shrug it off.
Starting to lose patience

I can find no words to describe that "performance". The players gave their all? Like f*** they did!

However, I would shrug it off IF I believed that our team management had any clue as to what they should have been doing since the international break. This was not a one off!

Think long & hard Mr. Holloway. Ask yourself if you should stay. If the answer is yes, please recruit a proper assistant. If the answer is no, go now.
Ollys post match comments on 20:22 - May 7 with 4735 viewsRed_Ranger

Starting??
The guy's an absolute swivel eyed loon.
Get rid.
Poor appointment in the first place.
Fernandez and Co are clueless
New owners and regime required.
Ollys post match comments on 20:36 - May 7 with 4663 viewsCiderwithRsie

If I knew how to search this site properly I'd dig out Clive's article written when Holloway was appointed, in which he predicted exactly the sort of stuff which is not only being posted above but garnering numerous "likes".

I hope you are all getting yourselves ready to rip apart the next manager after Holloway is hounded out, and the one after that, and the one after that....
Ollys post match comments on 20:53 - May 7 with 4551 viewsDejR_vu

Ollys post match comments on 20:36 - May 7 by CiderwithRsie

If I knew how to search this site properly I'd dig out Clive's article written when Holloway was appointed, in which he predicted exactly the sort of stuff which is not only being posted above but garnering numerous "likes".

I hope you are all getting yourselves ready to rip apart the next manager after Holloway is hounded out, and the one after that, and the one after that....

Well, I suspect if you do find it there won't be any reference to anticipating two record sequences of defeats.

I'm firmly of the view that the problem here is not the constant changing of managers, it's constantly making the wrong appointments. Stability is important, and obviously preferable to instability, but it's not in itself a silver bullet. Leeds have done pretty well this year all things considered, Hull are in the Prem and making a real go of staying there, Watford chopped and changed all the time whilst getting promoted and staying there. We don't have stability, but you don't stick with a dud just to get it.

The biggest problem is that we can't trust the people that make the appointments to get it right, except that even a broken clock is right twice a day. Just by the simple law of averages they might just stumble on something one day. So realistically, it comes down to a choice of keeping a poor manager, or making the change in hope rather than expectation. But one thing's for sure, Holloway's record since being re-appointed stinks.

Ollys post match comments on 21:48 - May 7 with 4400 viewsNeil_SI

I'm worried by Holloway's erratic nature at the moment. When he arrived, he seemed sure what QPR were all about and what they needed. He wanted to work with the players he had and thought they were brilliant and talked them up a great deal. He wanted to coach and educate them and felt he could teach them things.

He backtracked on that quickly after working with them, and then suddenly we needed major surgery in January. When things were looking rosy and we had a decent run, the team spirit was touted as excellent and the bad eggs were shown the door, including some players he spoke very highly of and seemed to be protecting and putting an arm around initially.

Now, he's saying that a month ago he thought these players were the ones to take the club forward, yet that position has quickly changed again and he's now looking at another rebuilding job in the summer because maybe they aren't after all.

On one hand, you can't criticise someone who is making assessments and changes their mind based on evaluation and evidence (good practice in general), on the other, it's so fast and furious that it's hard to know what to take seriously from this, and whether this amount of sudden changing is sensible or not. I think it's not, personally and we could be in danger of doing more damage to ourselves than necessary if we opt for more wholesale changes and rebuilding.

It's really important we don't jump the gun and derail the progress we've made, because despite the position we've ended up in and the poor runs we've had this season, there has been progress and we have to bite down and see it through and we can ill afford any costly mistakes at this stage.

But, the losing streaks we've been on have been alarming to say the least.

I can accept and forgive the first, because during a frantic period when there was a lot of games, a squad already low on morale and under pressure, and a manager needing to find his groove again after a period out and needing to get to know the players... it can happen.

This second streak however is much worse, because it was a superb opportunity for us to nail our position in the league early and then get to work key aspects of our play and what we wanted to achieve in the future. Had we slipped up from that position a few times, it would have been way more understandable. Instead, we spurned goodwill on many fronts, and lost the opportunity to give important minutes to players like Matt Ingram and Sean Goss, who need them, and so on. In many ways when we talk about needing a strong pre-season, that should have been kinda part of the last few weeks or so and because of what's happened, we've ended up stuttering our way over the line and not progressing things we should be, so a bit of a shame.

Still, we are at the end of the season, and we are safe and secure for another season. A lot of positive work can be done between now and when next season kicks off and we must make sure we don't waste it.
[Post edited 7 May 2017 21:53]
Ollys post match comments on 21:58 - May 7 with 4360 viewsDejR_vu

Ollys post match comments on 21:48 - May 7 by Neil_SI

I'm worried by Holloway's erratic nature at the moment. When he arrived, he seemed sure what QPR were all about and what they needed. He wanted to work with the players he had and thought they were brilliant and talked them up a great deal. He wanted to coach and educate them and felt he could teach them things.

He backtracked on that quickly after working with them, and then suddenly we needed major surgery in January. When things were looking rosy and we had a decent run, the team spirit was touted as excellent and the bad eggs were shown the door, including some players he spoke very highly of and seemed to be protecting and putting an arm around initially.

Now, he's saying that a month ago he thought these players were the ones to take the club forward, yet that position has quickly changed again and he's now looking at another rebuilding job in the summer because maybe they aren't after all.

On one hand, you can't criticise someone who is making assessments and changes their mind based on evaluation and evidence (good practice in general), on the other, it's so fast and furious that it's hard to know what to take seriously from this, and whether this amount of sudden changing is sensible or not. I think it's not, personally and we could be in danger of doing more damage to ourselves than necessary if we opt for more wholesale changes and rebuilding.

It's really important we don't jump the gun and derail the progress we've made, because despite the position we've ended up in and the poor runs we've had this season, there has been progress and we have to bite down and see it through and we can ill afford any costly mistakes at this stage.

But, the losing streaks we've been on have been alarming to say the least.

I can accept and forgive the first, because during a frantic period when there was a lot of games, a squad already low on morale and under pressure, and a manager needing to find his groove again after a period out and needing to get to know the players... it can happen.

This second streak however is much worse, because it was a superb opportunity for us to nail our position in the league early and then get to work key aspects of our play and what we wanted to achieve in the future. Had we slipped up from that position a few times, it would have been way more understandable. Instead, we spurned goodwill on many fronts, and lost the opportunity to give important minutes to players like Matt Ingram and Sean Goss, who need them, and so on. In many ways when we talk about needing a strong pre-season, that should have been kinda part of the last few weeks or so and because of what's happened, we've ended up stuttering our way over the line and not progressing things we should be, so a bit of a shame.

Still, we are at the end of the season, and we are safe and secure for another season. A lot of positive work can be done between now and when next season kicks off and we must make sure we don't waste it.
[Post edited 7 May 2017 21:53]

Classic deflection.

We will be in a full-on relegation battle next season if he stays, and we will probably lose it.

His record is poor, not just here but at Palace and Millwall before. This isn't coincidence, he's a poor manager.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024