Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beware of RAFC 16:56 - Aug 29 with 5887 viewsEllGazzell

Registered with the new "all singing, all dancing" Dale player thingy. I live abroad so thought I'd give the video a go so paid 110 gbp for a season pass.

The stream has no audio, and worse, I had to refresh the page 20+ times as the picture froze. I switched to the audio for the 2nd half but had the same cutting out and refreshing issues.

Contacted the help desk in the chat window thing and they suggested to check my internet speed is up to scratch. My average speed is 200 Mbps so explained that's not the issue.

They then trot out a line that due to such high demand from fans of my particular club, without naming the club, that there might be teething issues. A complete blanket bullshit response.

I decided I was better putting the money into something else, and asked for a refund. This being 4 days after I signed up, I was expecting it to be smooth as I have the 14 day returns law to fall back on.

They told me that I can have a partial refund, minus the months that I have used, minus the month we are in, and minus a 10% fee.

I asked WTF is that and I'm using my right under 14 day buyer protection. The response was that when I signed up, in paragraph 6 section 4, I waive my rights to 14 days cooling off period.

I'm trying to argue the service is not fit and I want a refund but they have now stopped communicating and I've had no further communication from them since Wednesday, and no processing of any refund - they seem to be a bunch of crooks.

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Beware of RAFC on 17:07 - Aug 29 with 5834 viewsTVOS1907

But why 'Beware of RAFC'?

Surely it's a third party that's responsible for this 'thingy'?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Beware of RAFC on 17:36 - Aug 29 with 5753 viewsJames1980

Beware of RAFC on 17:07 - Aug 29 by TVOS1907

As you know I work for the railway. If a train is delayed or cancelled due to a broken rail, points failure signal fault etc, it is due to third party equipment maintained by network rail. However the passengers will target the train operator with their complaints regardless of the cause
Saying that perhaps a more diplomatic thread would have been Beware iFollow or even problems with iFollow

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Beware of RAFC on 17:49 - Aug 29 with 5708 viewsColDale

Had some dealings with them a couple of months ago and they were quite helpful

Try ifollow@efl.com
Beware of RAFC on 18:36 - Aug 29 with 5588 viewsEllGazzell

Beware of RAFC on 17:07 - Aug 29 by TVOS1907

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/ is where I signed up. It's RAFC no matter who they contract to provide services.

Beware of RAFC on 18:53 - Aug 29 with 5534 viewsSuddenLad

If your contract is governed by British law, you cannot legally be made to 'waive any rights' that are enshrined in law. That invalidates the contract. Legal protections are there for a reason and cannot be 'written out' for that purpose..

If however, you are dealing with a company based offshore (Malta for example) you could be in difficulty.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Beware of RAFC on 18:55 - Aug 29 with 5521 viewsEllGazzell

Beware of RAFC on 18:53 - Aug 29 by SuddenLad

If your contract is governed by British law, you cannot legally be made to 'waive any rights' that are enshrined in law. That invalidates the contract. Legal protections are there for a reason and cannot be 'written out' for that purpose..

If however, you are dealing with a company based offshore (Malta for example) you could be in difficulty.

6. Cancellation and Refunds — Please read carefully

6.1. By submitting your order you have opted to receive your subscription benefits immediately and waived your right to cancel. You will not therefore be entitled to cancel the contract any fourteen (14) day ‘cooling off’ period in law, nor receive a refund of the Fee. This does not affect any other rights you may have at law, including where we are at fault.

6.2. See section 5.4.3 above regarding cancellation after any automatic renewal.

FYI TVOS that is taken from https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/

[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 18:56]

Beware of RAFC on 19:04 - Aug 29 with 5486 viewsjudd

Beware of RAFC on 18:55 - Aug 29 by EllGazzell

6.1. By submitting your order you have opted to receive your subscription benefits immediately and waived your right to cancel. You will not therefore be entitled to cancel the contract any fourteen (14) day ‘cooling off’ period in law, nor receive a refund of the Fee. This does not affect any other rights you may have at law, including where we are at fault.

6.2. See section 5.4.3 above regarding cancellation after any automatic renewal.

They could be unfair contract terms but probably not worth pursuing as an individual

Poll: What is it to be then?

Beware of RAFC on 19:04 - Aug 29 with 5476 viewsTVOS1907

That's a generic policy that is on all the EFL clubs' websites and the EFL's own website.

Dale don't contract out to iFollow. The EFL have employed iFollow to provide the service.

As Col posted, it's probably something you need to take up with iFollow directly, using the email address he's provided.

Login to get fewer ads

Beware of RAFC on 19:11 - Aug 29 with 5450 viewsEllGazzell

Beware of RAFC on 19:04 - Aug 29 by TVOS1907

That's a generic policy that is on all the EFL clubs' websites and the EFL's own website.

Dale don't contract out to iFollow. The EFL have employed iFollow to provide the service.

As Col posted, it's probably something you need to take up with iFollow directly, using the email address he's provided.

As I posted, I've already been in contact with Ifollow and they have stopped all communication now, so I'm looking for other avenues, and making sure no others fall for the suckers.

Beware of RAFC on 19:13 - Aug 29 with 5443 viewsJames1980

Beware of RAFC on 19:11 - Aug 29 by EllGazzell

As I posted, I've already been in contact with Ifollow and they have stopped all communication now, so I'm looking for other avenues, and making sure no others fall for the suckers.

Any news on how our Spanish friend is getting on with his account?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Beware of RAFC on 19:36 - Aug 29 with 5376 viewsDaleAddict

Have to say, just to offer a balanced response on the subject, I have watched all four games so far without issue. I did not sign up for the full season as I feared the sort of issues ellgazzell has faced, but having paid for each game individually I haven't had to do anything other than occasionally refresh the webpage during the game, and then I usually stop the feed at half time to give it a "break". It's fairly primitive coverage but for international supporters to go from nothing to this is a big step. The only reasons I might not now sign up for the whole season are footballing ones!

Blog: A Dale Fan Abroad - Reflections on Burton Albion 1 Rochdale 2

Beware of RAFC on 19:55 - Aug 29 with 5301 viewsTVOS1907

Beware of RAFC on 19:11 - Aug 29 by EllGazzell

Fair enough. Hopefully you will get it sorted out.

Beware of RAFC on 19:58 - Aug 29 with 5297 viewsSuddenLad

Contact trading standards.

I would question the legality of any such clause.. The law specifically allows for the 'cooling off period', so I can't see how it can be dismissed as a clause in such a way.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Beware of RAFC on 23:50 - Aug 29 with 5092 viewsBobbyjoe

Beware of RAFC on 19:36 - Aug 29 by DaleAddict

Have to say, just to offer a balanced response on the subject, I have watched all four games so far without issue. I did not sign up for the full season as I feared the sort of issues ellgazzell has faced, but having paid for each game individually I haven't had to do anything other than occasionally refresh the webpage during the game, and then I usually stop the feed at half time to give it a "break". It's fairly primitive coverage but for international supporters to go from nothing to this is a big step. The only reasons I might not now sign up for the whole season are footballing ones!

You're as bad as your father! (I'll say it before TVOS does!).
Beware of RAFC on 05:04 - Aug 30 with 5007 viewsCanadaDale

Gotta say from my experience so far this season and having watched every game plus interviews with management / players the coverage and quality has been great. Games are live in HD quality and as a fan living outside the UK it's a massive stride forward in still being able to support the Dale.
Shame it hasn't worked in this fellas case.
Beware of RAFC on 09:23 - Aug 30 with 4818 viewsburton_dale

Beware of RAFC on 05:04 - Aug 30 by CanadaDale

Gotta say from my experience so far this season and having watched every game plus interviews with management / players the coverage and quality has been great. Games are live in HD quality and as a fan living outside the UK it's a massive stride forward in still being able to support the Dale.
Shame it hasn't worked in this fellas case.

I have also watched all of the games and have had no issues with the stream freezing. While commentary would be nice it is just great to be able to watch the games while living overseas.
Beware of RAFC on 12:29 - Aug 30 with 4646 viewsRochblue

One thing I did find a bit of a pain was when I tried to listen to commentary whilst on holiday in Spain. Said I had to upgrade my account to listen. Got around it by VPN'ing back to the UK, but far from ideal.
Beware of RAFC on 17:03 - Aug 30 with 4477 viewsTVOS1907

Beware of RAFC on 23:50 - Aug 29 by Bobbyjoe

You're as bad as your father! (I'll say it before TVOS does!).

Why, who's his father?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024