Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No win, No fee 20:55 - Mar 26 with 3365 viewsSW17_RRR

Dear all, I follow the message board all the time but rarely post but love the great knowledge, opinions and banter shared on here

Has anyone on here used and no win. fee lawyer and if so were they any good - I'm aware of their fees @ 30% approximately.

If you have any recommendations please PM me - many thanks, UUUuuuuurrrrrrrssssssss! [
No win, No fee on 22:40 - Mar 26 with 3268 viewsGloucs_R

That's about the right amount.

They'll only take on a case that they are 90% certain they can win.

Check yourhome insurance as sometimes you will have legal cover which allows you to claim for things you might not be aware of.

Poll: Are we staying up?

No win, No fee on 22:44 - Mar 26 with 3258 viewsjohann28

Mmmm ... lawyers don't work for free, and the losing side usually has to pay all the legal costs in a case. So, if your claim is successful, your solicitors will expect to have their fees paid by the person you have claimed against (or, more likely, by the defendant's insurance company). Problems can arise if you lose, since, under a no-win no-fee deal, you will not have to pay your lawyer but you would normally have to pay the defendant's legal fees. 6 and half of one etc ...
No win, No fee on 23:28 - Mar 26 with 3218 viewsjohncharles

No win, No fee on 22:44 - Mar 26 by johann28

Mmmm ... lawyers don't work for free, and the losing side usually has to pay all the legal costs in a case. So, if your claim is successful, your solicitors will expect to have their fees paid by the person you have claimed against (or, more likely, by the defendant's insurance company). Problems can arise if you lose, since, under a no-win no-fee deal, you will not have to pay your lawyer but you would normally have to pay the defendant's legal fees. 6 and half of one etc ...

I used a no win no fee solicitor and it went very well. Got my compensation and didn’t have to pay a penny and there never was any question of me paying anything. At a certain point they advised me to take out insurance for some detail which I forget now but nothing came it anyway. I suppose it meant I would be covered if the whole thing went tits up.

Strong and stable my arse.

No win, No fee on 23:32 - Mar 26 with 3212 viewsBoston

Dewey, Cheatem & Howe
14 Acacia Ave
Neasden.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

No win, No fee on 11:48 - Mar 27 with 3107 viewsjohann28

No win, No fee on 23:28 - Mar 26 by johncharles

I used a no win no fee solicitor and it went very well. Got my compensation and didn’t have to pay a penny and there never was any question of me paying anything. At a certain point they advised me to take out insurance for some detail which I forget now but nothing came it anyway. I suppose it meant I would be covered if the whole thing went tits up.

Well that's my point, really - you have to know exactly how much you're going to pay if you win and how much you (via insurance) will have to pay if you lose and make a decision accordingly.
No win, No fee on 12:44 - Mar 27 with 3072 viewsSW17_RRR

No win, No fee on 11:48 - Mar 27 by johann28

Well that's my point, really - you have to know exactly how much you're going to pay if you win and how much you (via insurance) will have to pay if you lose and make a decision accordingly.

Thanks for the information, greatly appreciated.
No win, No fee on 12:49 - Mar 27 with 3063 viewsSW17_RRR

No win, No fee on 23:28 - Mar 26 by johncharles

Have you got their details please?
No win, No fee on 18:02 - Mar 27 with 2968 viewsSW17_RRR

No win, No fee on 23:32 - Mar 26 by Boston

Dewey, Cheatem & Howe
14 Acacia Ave
Neasden.

I engaged Ditcher, Quick and Hyde Associates in Law, as opposed to Curley, Larry and Mo.

Thanks though =)
Login to get fewer ads

No win, No fee on 00:32 - Mar 28 with 2869 viewsAirtomoreira

Here’s an overview of how these things work.

A Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA) is the “posh” name for “No Win No Fee”. If you lose, you pay nothing (subject to caveats below). If you win, the Sol is entitled to a maximum of 25% of your damages. This is the Success Fee (basically their reward for having won the case for you)

As well as that, you may have to pay (but only if you win) a premium for Legal Expenses Insurance, otherwise known as After The Event Insurance. The reason you need LEI is to protect yourself in the event of losing the case (as has been said previously, a Sol will only take a case on if they’re fairly sure they will win, but there’s no 100% guarantee). If you were to lose, you’d be liable to cover the other side’s costs, which would leave you out of pocket, as you’d not won anything. It also covers you in the event of rejecting something called a Part 36 offer, which I shan’t go into here.

Some people already have LEI as an add on to a car or home insurance policy (usually costs about £25 a year). If you have, the Sol will contact the Ins Co to check that you’re covered for the action they’re about to take, if so, great. If not, many Sols will recommend that they take out a LEI policy for you, to protect you as in the previous paragraph. You don’t pay anything up front, and you only pay the premium, at the end of the case, if you win. You don’t pay the premium if you lose, as one of the expenses that the policy covers is the cost of taking the policy itself out — in effect it insures itself! So, if you did win, in these circumstances, you’d pay 25% max as a Success Fee, plus the cost of the LEI policy (NB some Sols include the cost of the LEI in the 25% Success Fee, others make you pay it over and above the 25%, varies from company to company).

How much is the premium, I hear you ask? How long is a piece of string! Anything from approximately £100 - £400, depending on the type of claim. Road Traffic Accidents tend to be at the lower end of the scale, Employers Liability / Public Liability at the middle / higher end.

The caveats, as mentioned above:

1) You need to co-operate with the Sol. I know that sounds obvious, but you’d be amazed how many people don’t. If you move to a new house, tell the Sol. If you change your mobile No. tell the Sol. If the Sol asks you to go for a medical, go. If the Sol sends you paperwork to check / sign and return, do it. If the Sol is prevented from winning the case due to your lack of co-operation, then he / she will ultimately be unable to claim costs back from the other party. In these circumstances, they would be entitled to claim all their costs from….you
2) Don’t exaggerate any part of your claim, or the whole claim could be thrown out, and you’d end up footing the bill of both your Sol and the other side. An extreme example of this, to give you an idea: You’ve been in an RTA, broken bones, in a bad way, no wages for a year, lost your job now, need care etc etc. If you included in your evidence / claim the fact that you also bumped your head and had a bruise for a week, or you cut your finger, needing a couple of stitches, when in fact this was not the case, not only would that part of your claim be dismissed, the whole claim would be thrown out. So, it’s the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

NB: I’m NOT a Solicitor, but my job involves me visiting potential clients of Solicitors who have been involved in accidents, and who wish to claim. I take all the relevant paperwork with me for them to sign, and have a discussion with them exactly along the lines of the above.

Hope this helps!
No win, No fee on 12:23 - Mar 28 with 2781 viewsSW17_RRR

No win, No fee on 00:32 - Mar 28 by Airtomoreira

Here’s an overview of how these things work.

A Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA) is the “posh” name for “No Win No Fee”. If you lose, you pay nothing (subject to caveats below). If you win, the Sol is entitled to a maximum of 25% of your damages. This is the Success Fee (basically their reward for having won the case for you)

As well as that, you may have to pay (but only if you win) a premium for Legal Expenses Insurance, otherwise known as After The Event Insurance. The reason you need LEI is to protect yourself in the event of losing the case (as has been said previously, a Sol will only take a case on if they’re fairly sure they will win, but there’s no 100% guarantee). If you were to lose, you’d be liable to cover the other side’s costs, which would leave you out of pocket, as you’d not won anything. It also covers you in the event of rejecting something called a Part 36 offer, which I shan’t go into here.

Some people already have LEI as an add on to a car or home insurance policy (usually costs about £25 a year). If you have, the Sol will contact the Ins Co to check that you’re covered for the action they’re about to take, if so, great. If not, many Sols will recommend that they take out a LEI policy for you, to protect you as in the previous paragraph. You don’t pay anything up front, and you only pay the premium, at the end of the case, if you win. You don’t pay the premium if you lose, as one of the expenses that the policy covers is the cost of taking the policy itself out — in effect it insures itself! So, if you did win, in these circumstances, you’d pay 25% max as a Success Fee, plus the cost of the LEI policy (NB some Sols include the cost of the LEI in the 25% Success Fee, others make you pay it over and above the 25%, varies from company to company).

How much is the premium, I hear you ask? How long is a piece of string! Anything from approximately £100 - £400, depending on the type of claim. Road Traffic Accidents tend to be at the lower end of the scale, Employers Liability / Public Liability at the middle / higher end.

The caveats, as mentioned above:

1) You need to co-operate with the Sol. I know that sounds obvious, but you’d be amazed how many people don’t. If you move to a new house, tell the Sol. If you change your mobile No. tell the Sol. If the Sol asks you to go for a medical, go. If the Sol sends you paperwork to check / sign and return, do it. If the Sol is prevented from winning the case due to your lack of co-operation, then he / she will ultimately be unable to claim costs back from the other party. In these circumstances, they would be entitled to claim all their costs from….you
2) Don’t exaggerate any part of your claim, or the whole claim could be thrown out, and you’d end up footing the bill of both your Sol and the other side. An extreme example of this, to give you an idea: You’ve been in an RTA, broken bones, in a bad way, no wages for a year, lost your job now, need care etc etc. If you included in your evidence / claim the fact that you also bumped your head and had a bruise for a week, or you cut your finger, needing a couple of stitches, when in fact this was not the case, not only would that part of your claim be dismissed, the whole claim would be thrown out. So, it’s the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

NB: I’m NOT a Solicitor, but my job involves me visiting potential clients of Solicitors who have been involved in accidents, and who wish to claim. I take all the relevant paperwork with me for them to sign, and have a discussion with them exactly along the lines of the above.

Hope this helps!

many thanks, fantastic - cheers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024