Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UFOs are real 14:20 - Apr 29 with 7339 viewsClive_Anderson

The US government released some UFO footage claiming they are real the other day:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52457805

This would have been the biggest story ever in the 90s, but seems to have got lost in the COVID madness now.
UFOs are real on 21:22 - Apr 29 with 1550 viewsMatch82

UFOs are real on 14:42 - Apr 29 by CliveWilsonSaid

I saw a UFO once. About 25-30 years ago I was staying a few miles outside a town in the Loire Valley in France. Walking back along a quiet unlit road after an evening out and me and a mate saw 3 lights in a triangle in the sky. Didn't really think much of it but the weirdest thing was that when we moved the lights would rotate. When we stopped the lights would stop rotating. No noise or anything. We both saw it. No idea what they were!
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 14:42]

Going to need some context for this "walking back". If it was from the pub after a red wine or 7 then your credibility takes a bit of a hit
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 21:22]
UFOs are real on 21:25 - Apr 29 with 1543 viewsMatch82

UFOs are real on 14:45 - Apr 29 by Gloucs_R

Would be very naive to think that humans are the only things in the universe.

Indeed. But given that humans have only invented space travel in the last 50 years after 4 billion years on the planet, also fair to assume that anything out there is significantly behind us in terms of this capability (in which case it's not them) or significantly ahead (in which case if they didn't want to be detected, they probably wouldn't be)
UFOs are real on 21:42 - Apr 29 with 1523 viewsGloucs_R

UFOs are real on 21:25 - Apr 29 by Match82

Indeed. But given that humans have only invented space travel in the last 50 years after 4 billion years on the planet, also fair to assume that anything out there is significantly behind us in terms of this capability (in which case it's not them) or significantly ahead (in which case if they didn't want to be detected, they probably wouldn't be)

Probably the latter....

Poll: Are we staying up?

UFOs are real on 21:44 - Apr 29 with 1523 viewsGloucs_R

UFOs are real on 18:53 - Apr 29 by CliveWilsonSaid

4 million miles. You had me worried there for a minute!

No....4 miles...

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/apr/29/asteroid-passing-earth-1998-or2-

UFOs are real on 21:48 - Apr 29 with 1514 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"when it will be just 3.9m miles (6.3m km) away — about 16 times the distance between the Earth and the Moon"

It's 4million miles, Gloucs - you're missing the m in 4m.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

UFOs are real on 21:59 - Apr 29 with 1498 viewsGloucs_R

UFOs are real on 21:48 - Apr 29 by BrianMcCarthy

"when it will be just 3.9m miles (6.3m km) away — about 16 times the distance between the Earth and the Moon"

Lol.... Oh yeah 😂😂😂😂

That will teach me to only read the headline 😟😟😟

Sorry, as you were 🙄😬😁👍😂
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 22:05]

UFOs are real on 22:09 - Apr 29 with 1484 views2Thomas2Bowles

UFOs are real on 21:25 - Apr 29 by Match82

I think we only landed on earth about 300K years ago, we have been fecking up the planet ever since.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 22:10]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

UFOs are real on 22:41 - Apr 29 with 1459 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

UFOs are real on 21:22 - Apr 29 by Match82

Going to need some context for this "walking back". If it was from the pub after a red wine or 7 then your credibility takes a bit of a hit
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 21:22]

Yes I'd been drinking (that's all honest ). I was roughly 15.

They weren't bright lights. The weird thing was that they rotated when we moved, stopped rotating when we stopped.

I don't know what it was.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

UFOs are real on 22:46 - Apr 29 with 1454 viewsBoston

UFOs are real on 18:36 - Apr 29 by R_from_afar

I wasn't saying it was an alien being, I was making the point that no one believed that the unusual creature people reported seeing existed.

It doesn’t. It’s a rural myth, not even an old one. But, if it keeps people away from the illegal stills....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

UFOs are real on 23:20 - Apr 29 with 1431 viewsLythamR

UFOs are real on 21:48 - Apr 29 by BrianMcCarthy

yes, no panic, the rock is applying appropriate social distancing
UFOs are real on 00:37 - Apr 30 with 1387 viewsCiderwithRsie

UFOs are real on 21:59 - Apr 29 by Gloucs_R

Lol.... Oh yeah 😂😂😂😂

That will teach me to only read the headline 😟😟😟

Sorry, as you were 🙄😬😁👍😂
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 22:05]

I did exactly the same thing, had a WTF!!!!! moment and thought about going to the window to watch it going by, then read the article
UFOs are real on 00:44 - Apr 30 with 1378 viewstimcocking

It is, of course, a virtual certainty we aren't.

Can they reach us, that's the question. If they come down here and they see that WWE sh!t, we've had it, they'll (correctly) wipe us out as something worse than unintelligent life..
UFOs are real on 00:49 - Apr 30 with 1370 viewstimcocking

It would help explain Peter Beardsley...
UFOs are real on 09:32 - Apr 30 with 1321 viewsLazyFan

Space is well ... Spacious ... all the space in between stars is massive!

If you look at just our Galaxy we are not quite on the outer rim, but we are on the outside of our galactic swirl. Also, this can be deceiving. If one gets some diagram on the internet that you can zoom into, one starts to realises how far away like everything else is.

Here is the furthest picture of Earth that Voyager took when it was just outside our solar system: https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-9c194d6f9399aba5f7994676a7f86205
And that was just outside. We are so small that even Nasa who were looking for us, missed it a few times.

Considering we are not anywhere near the centre of our Galaxy where all the heat and life-supporting systems would be (hence more suns) and considering space is so massive the most likely explanation is that the Aliens are just not bothering to look here. To them, we are probably some un-discovered Amazon rainforest tribe and not worth bothering about.

They probably are in lockdown anyway due to some intergalactic pandemic spread by the Xenix race who consumed too much BootleBrains and created a new virus. It happens.

No one cars about us as we cannot even colonise another planet and we are far away in a horrible part of the galaxy. We are plankton.

zzzzzzzzzz

UFOs are real on 09:48 - Apr 30 with 1311 viewsLythamR

UFOs are real on 09:32 - Apr 30 by LazyFan

If you look at just our Galaxy we are not quite on the outer rim, but we are on the outside of our galactic swirl. Also, this can be deceiving. If one gets some diagram on the internet that you can zoom into, one starts to realises how far away like everything else is.

Here is the furthest picture of Earth that Voyager took when it was just outside our solar system: https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-9c194d6f9399aba5f7994676a7f86205
And that was just outside. We are so small that even Nasa who were looking for us, missed it a few times.

Considering we are not anywhere near the centre of our Galaxy where all the heat and life-supporting systems would be (hence more suns) and considering space is so massive the most likely explanation is that the Aliens are just not bothering to look here. To them, we are probably some un-discovered Amazon rainforest tribe and not worth bothering about.

They probably are in lockdown anyway due to some intergalactic pandemic spread by the Xenix race who consumed too much BootleBrains and created a new virus. It happens.

No one cars about us as we cannot even colonise another planet and we are far away in a horrible part of the galaxy. We are plankton.

“Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.”
UFOs are real on 09:49 - Apr 30 with 1311 viewsMickS_

They are real - I caught two minutes of a ufo expert explaining how the Germans developed the V2 rocket so quickly in WW2. One theory is that they used alien technology and brains and this clears up how they made such a rapid transition. Seems about right.

Anyway, I was missing Tipping Point so I turned over to get this beauty:

“Name the colour of a horse that has the same name as a window.”

“Is it Velux?”
UFOs are real on 10:30 - Apr 30 with 1286 viewsLoftgirl

Ask Nick Pope. (Not the Burnley goalkeeper).
UFOs are real on 10:40 - Apr 30 with 1272 views2Thomas2Bowles

As fascinating as the universe is apart from a place to put a few satellites, it's a compleat waste of time, money and offers us nothing but death.

Even the Sun is a giver and taker of life.

Worry about this planet and all living things. ET can look after himself.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 10:51]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

UFOs are real on 10:42 - Apr 30 with 1270 viewsjoe90

I think all these 'ufo' sightings have a logical explanation and are definitely not advanced aliens visiting us.

I don't believe there is any life in the universe apart from whats on Earth. It's not say there hasn't been any life or there won't be any other life.

I don't believe in god or any divine human purpose. We're just an accident of nature, the result of being the perfect distance from the sun.

If aliens do exist I'd subscribe to the theory put out in the story - Roadside Picnic - which is we're like insects in the grass and that any alien life would probably not notice us or if they did wouldn't care, a bit like when you see an ant your garden.
UFOs are real on 10:51 - Apr 30 with 1254 viewsRangersDave

You tell that to Klatu next time he lands in Washington with that big bloody Robot of his! We've been warned i tell you, WARNED!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

UFOs are real on 11:22 - Apr 30 with 1227 viewsslmrstid

Given that the galaxy has billions of stars, most of whom will have planets, and the universe has billions of galaxies, its a mathematical certainty that life does exist elsewhere.

The tricky bits are:-
- Has that life evolved to a point of consciousness and being able to make technological / scientific advancements etc? If it wasn't for an asteroid/comet strike, Earth would likely still be inhabited by dinosaurs, who were complex life forms, but not conscious nor intelligent enough to develop "civilization"

- The likelihood of those intelligent civilizations existing at the same time (incredibly small)

- The likelihood of those intelligent civilizations being able to find each other in all of the cosmos if they existed at the same time (even more unlikely still)

So we will never know for sure, but I'm sure the universe is teeming with life, but the likelihood of it being able to find each other is probably impossible.
UFOs are real on 11:39 - Apr 30 with 1209 viewsRangersDave

Was it Carl Sagan that postulated that if anyone does come a visiting, then by definition they will be far ahead of us in terms of development and technology?

Unless they come bringing gifts that aid mankind, then they are to be feared and blown out of the sky like they were the last time they were here. The documentary 'Earth Versus Flying Saucers' shows the true story of our fight against these nasties that really happened! bloody space alions!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

UFOs are real on 12:13 - Apr 30 with 1177 viewskensalriser

So basically we're Thamesmead. Fck it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

UFOs are real on 08:57 - May 1 with 1106 viewsDorse

I have always quite liked the quote from Bill Watterson (Calvin & Hobbes):

'The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

UFOs are real on 09:29 - May 1 with 1079 viewsR_from_afar

UFOs are real on 22:46 - Apr 29 by Boston

It doesn’t. It’s a rural myth, not even an old one. But, if it keeps people away from the illegal stills....

I bow to your omniscience and shall apply a very large magnet to my brain to ensure the pictures and video I saw on the Discovery channel documentary (*not* Ancient Aliens) and in a newspaper story are thoroughly erased. Over and out.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024