Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite lockdown tea 10:29 - Jun 5 with 7969 viewsDaleEdchup

Morning all,

I hope everyone is keeping well.

So we’ve been in lockdown for many weeks now and I was wondering what all of your favourite lockdown tea’s have been during this time?

I am very lucky that my wife, Sheila makes a lovely meat pie with gravy. Delicious.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers

DaleEdChup (78)
Favourite lockdown tea on 22:37 - Jun 10 with 1141 viewsdownunder

Favourite lockdown tea on 18:25 - Jun 10 by 1mark1

I loved watching your band. I have the single. Enjoyed your performances at Lancashire Lass and other places. Really enjoyed your Jam and Buzzcocks covers, though Catch a falling Star was one of my favourites. Did you play at NellRackers/ Braces, I seem to remember, seeing you there. Really sad to hear of the passing of Oscar?

Well I am well and truly "gobsmacked" A fan! Yes we did Nell Rackers twice. I knew the Bouncers so that helped get us that gig. Oscar's death was a shock, turns out he always had a dodgy heart. Leo the drummer also died young, came off his motorbike on the M66. Only guitarist Rik still lives in Rochdale.
Favourite lockdown tea on 14:48 - Jun 11 with 1013 views1mark1

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:37 - Jun 10 by downunder

Well I am well and truly "gobsmacked" A fan! Yes we did Nell Rackers twice. I knew the Bouncers so that helped get us that gig. Oscar's death was a shock, turns out he always had a dodgy heart. Leo the drummer also died young, came off his motorbike on the M66. Only guitarist Rik still lives in Rochdale.

Most of the bouncers were rugby players for Rochdalians. My mate’s brother was one of the bouncers. Me and my mate went to a few of your gigs,Lancashire Lass, Nells and I am sure we saw you in Littleborough. Oscar reminded me of the XTC singer. He was very lively for such a big man, with his jumps into the air. But it was shirt lived, only saw you a few times before you split, but at least your music lives on forever with Thinking that you shouldn’t. Due to Oscars presence, I am sorry to admit I can’t remember the rest of the band, just that you were all good, a tight band, playing some great covers.

I used to love Nel Rackers, best Club , Rochdale ever had, apart from the Dale 😀, in my view, some brilliant nights, and great music.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:26 - Jun 11 with 959 viewsdownunder

Favourite lockdown tea on 14:48 - Jun 11 by 1mark1

Most of the bouncers were rugby players for Rochdalians. My mate’s brother was one of the bouncers. Me and my mate went to a few of your gigs,Lancashire Lass, Nells and I am sure we saw you in Littleborough. Oscar reminded me of the XTC singer. He was very lively for such a big man, with his jumps into the air. But it was shirt lived, only saw you a few times before you split, but at least your music lives on forever with Thinking that you shouldn’t. Due to Oscars presence, I am sorry to admit I can’t remember the rest of the band, just that you were all good, a tight band, playing some great covers.

I used to love Nel Rackers, best Club , Rochdale ever had, apart from the Dale 😀, in my view, some brilliant nights, and great music.

Dave Marcroft and Pete Freeman. I am sure they will not mind the naming of them, neither are football fans. I was in the same Colts team as them. Peter is in NZ as well.
He told me it was a tough job at Nells...hard work throwing people out UP the stairs.
I was not particularly "good" either. But I did have a van, management skills, and trustable with the finances. We split because Oscar got a Pro job as a backing singer and Sax player, which lasted about a year. He then went back to his trade as an aircraft mechanic, working in Switzerland, which is where he died. Still in contact with the mates he grew up with in Oldham.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 22:33]
Favourite lockdown tea on 22:41 - Jun 11 with 937 viewsjudd

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:26 - Jun 11 by downunder

Dave Marcroft and Pete Freeman. I am sure they will not mind the naming of them, neither are football fans. I was in the same Colts team as them. Peter is in NZ as well.
He told me it was a tough job at Nells...hard work throwing people out UP the stairs.
I was not particularly "good" either. But I did have a van, management skills, and trustable with the finances. We split because Oscar got a Pro job as a backing singer and Sax player, which lasted about a year. He then went back to his trade as an aircraft mechanic, working in Switzerland, which is where he died. Still in contact with the mates he grew up with in Oldham.

Is that single why you were deported?

😉

Great story

Poll: What is it to be then?

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:55 - Jun 11 with 914 views1mark1

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:26 - Jun 11 by downunder

Were Dave and Pete the only two who were in the Rochdalians? Dave has a small electrical supplies shop on Oldham Road. His brother was landlord for a few years of The Weavers on Ashfield Road, and is a Dale fan.

Favourite lockdown tea on 23:07 - Jun 11 with 900 viewsjudd

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:55 - Jun 11 by 1mark1

Were Dave and Pete the only two who were in the Rochdalians? Dave has a small electrical supplies shop on Oldham Road. His brother was landlord for a few years of The Weavers on Ashfield Road, and is a Dale fan.

Dave does a lot of sponsorship at Mayfield

Poll: What is it to be then?

Favourite lockdown tea on 02:16 - Jun 12 with 869 viewsdownunder

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:41 - Jun 11 by judd

Is that single why you were deported?

😉

Great story

Deportations to Australia.
Farmers and entrpreneurs to NZ.
I am sure Diddy Dave will concur...
Favourite lockdown tea on 05:54 - Jun 12 with 834 viewsdownunder

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:55 - Jun 11 by 1mark1

As far as I recall they were the only ones from Rochdalians (Littleborough RUFC) Maybe some helped out occasionally. Called into the shop when I was there in 2018. The time I travelled round the world to watch a game, only to have it postponed. My second option at the time was Walsall away, but that game was postponed due to the Cup run, and Milwall was too far for me
Heard Dave may have closed the shop now. He is the organiser for the Rochdale Darts team as far as i know. His brother used to be a Latics fan, glad he has seen the light.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 1:35]
Login to get fewer ads

Favourite lockdown tea on 16:35 - Jun 12 with 744 views1mark1

Favourite lockdown tea on 05:54 - Jun 12 by downunder

As far as I recall they were the only ones from Rochdalians (Littleborough RUFC) Maybe some helped out occasionally. Called into the shop when I was there in 2018. The time I travelled round the world to watch a game, only to have it postponed. My second option at the time was Walsall away, but that game was postponed due to the Cup run, and Milwall was too far for me
Heard Dave may have closed the shop now. He is the organiser for the Rochdale Darts team as far as i know. His brother used to be a Latics fan, glad he has seen the light.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 1:35]

I don’t know about the shop, will check it out, it still looks to be in business . Yes he was a Latin’s fan for years, but went to Dale games now and again. He then became a fan of both, seeing as many games of each as possible. He was an Dale Goldbond agent while he was the Landlord at Weavers. Latterly I think he has been more Dale than Latics, and brought up his kids to be Dale fans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024