Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended 17:06 - Mar 25 with 7698 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

A teacher has been suspended after allegedly showing caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad during a religious education lesson exploring blasphemy.

Dozens of furious Muslim parents protested outside the historic Batley Grammar School in West Yorkshire today, which had to delay its opening and told pupils to stay at home amid chaotic scenes at the gates. The protesters had been demanding the resignation of the teacher. Muslims make up 41 per cent of the population in Batley, a historic market and mill town in the Kirkless region

Headteacher Gary Kibble 'sincerely apologised for the great offence to the community'. Today's protest comes five months after history teacher Samuel Paty was beheaded on the street near his school in a Paris suburb by an Islamic extremist last October after showing Prophet Muhammad cartoons to his students.

Reacting to the images being shown, Mohammad Salad Hussain, founder of the Batley-based Muslim charity Purpose of Life, said: "'We feel like he's (the teacher) hiding away and that's not good enough, he needs to show his face. A lot of us have questions for him about how this ever happened in the first place, something clearly went very wrong."

"Officers were guarding all school entrances".

How very sad - let's hope our fantastic intelligence agencies are able to prevent any abhorrent retaliations like we saw in France against Samuel Paty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-56524850

[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 17:07]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 12:38 - Mar 29 with 1101 viewsonehunglow

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 12:19 - Mar 29 by Catullus

Rebirth means new life, not an afterlife mun!

It is indeed rebirth.Born again. An afterlife after this one has ended.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 12:55 - Mar 29 with 1094 viewsCatullus

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 12:38 - Mar 29 by onehunglow

It is indeed rebirth.Born again. An afterlife after this one has ended.

We'll have to agree to disagree then because I see it as more of a segway than an afterlife.

Buddhists believe death is a natural part of the life cycle. They believe that death simply leads to rebirth. This belief in reincarnation — that a person's spirit remains close by and seeks out a new body and new life.

Not that I believe in that either because you don't see many spare bodies just hanging around waiting for a disembodied soul to claim. Our habit for cremation must mean there's a lot of spirits floating around!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 19:39 - Mar 29 with 1035 viewshowenjack

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 12:55 - Mar 29 by Catullus

We'll have to agree to disagree then because I see it as more of a segway than an afterlife.

Buddhists believe death is a natural part of the life cycle. They believe that death simply leads to rebirth. This belief in reincarnation — that a person's spirit remains close by and seeks out a new body and new life.

Not that I believe in that either because you don't see many spare bodies just hanging around waiting for a disembodied soul to claim. Our habit for cremation must mean there's a lot of spirits floating around!

Apparently the spirits attach temselves to the foetus in the womb mate not to cadavers . The Cycle as represented on the Indian flag ( the Wheel ) can be broken by livng an exemplary life on earth according to Buddhist traditions . This enables the soul to escape and find nirvana ( No not the rock band). or true spiritual awakening .
The original Buddha was Siddartha Gauthama he was born into a priveleged life but realised that the more you have the more you want . He decided to forsake earthly materialism because it was only shortlived happiness. thus he started Buddhism . The cycle will be repeated until you can find nirvana and spirtual release from this planet.
some people attribute deja vu to Buddhism and also when people become regressed under hypnosis and talk about a past life.
Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 19:50 - Mar 29 with 1015 viewsBoundy

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 19:39 - Mar 29 by howenjack

Apparently the spirits attach temselves to the foetus in the womb mate not to cadavers . The Cycle as represented on the Indian flag ( the Wheel ) can be broken by livng an exemplary life on earth according to Buddhist traditions . This enables the soul to escape and find nirvana ( No not the rock band). or true spiritual awakening .
The original Buddha was Siddartha Gauthama he was born into a priveleged life but realised that the more you have the more you want . He decided to forsake earthly materialism because it was only shortlived happiness. thus he started Buddhism . The cycle will be repeated until you can find nirvana and spirtual release from this planet.
some people attribute deja vu to Buddhism and also when people become regressed under hypnosis and talk about a past life.

I think I'll stick to the wacky baccy

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 20:27 - Mar 29 with 1002 viewsCatullus

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 19:39 - Mar 29 by howenjack

I read about Buddhism after the conversation with that customer. Like I said, some of it sounds Ok but I can't get on with all of it.

This Dharma stuff, I have my own "4 noble truths" and as for merit, how many good deeds would you have to do to outweigh being a kiddy fiddler? Never enough in my book.

Still, people will believe in fairy stories.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 20:59 - Mar 29 with 983 viewshowenjack

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 20:27 - Mar 29 by Catullus

I read about Buddhism after the conversation with that customer. Like I said, some of it sounds Ok but I can't get on with all of it.

This Dharma stuff, I have my own "4 noble truths" and as for merit, how many good deeds would you have to do to outweigh being a kiddy fiddler? Never enough in my book.

Still, people will believe in fairy stories.

Yes Its an interesting concept nonetheless not That Iam a Buddhist . Just like you I have read
up on a number of wideranging things , there are crossovers between Religion and philosophy though without a doubt.
Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 14:28 - Mar 31 with 884 viewsCatullus

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 20:59 - Mar 29 by howenjack

Yes Its an interesting concept nonetheless not That Iam a Buddhist . Just like you I have read
up on a number of wideranging things , there are crossovers between Religion and philosophy though without a doubt.

A lot of things I have learned has come from things I've seen posted on here that piqued my interest.
A poster called Davillin, sadly hasn't posted in a long time and would be quite old now, Lohengrin, the Professor and others have all taught me things or led me to look it up. Other posters led me to look things up just to prove them wrong!

I don't do any organised religion, I see too much wrong with all of them.

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 08:17 - Apr 2 with 822 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 20:59 - Mar 29 by howenjack

Surely to understand or explain Divinity you have to use philosophical terms? The Cappadocian Church fathers expounded Theology using philosophical terms but rejected outright Platonism and Hellenism (and they’d understand those concepts more than most being Greeks).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 14:28 - Apr 4 with 750 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I wonder if the Muslims of batley will be out in protest and threatening the family of the terrorist who killed the policeman in Washington the other day.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024