Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for Lohengrin 18:11 - Mar 5 with 1783 viewsDJack

This one will only be appreciated by Lohengrin but I suspect that OnCrack_Kerouac will prove himself stupid again.

https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2018/03/16/ivan-ilyin-putins-philosopher-of-russia

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

One for Lohengrin on 18:16 - Mar 5 with 1767 viewsonehunglow

You might disagree with kero but to call him stupid is -stupid.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

One for Lohengrin on 11:05 - Mar 6 with 1680 viewsCatullus

Hmmm,

“Politics is the art of identifying and neutralizing the enemy.”

–Ivan Ilyin, 1948

He forgot to add in "making yourself and your friends rich at the expense of the people you are supposed to be serving"

Every individual thought deepens Satans hold on the world then, explains a lot.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

One for Lohengrin on 20:39 - Mar 6 with 1592 viewsLohengrin

Cheers for that, DJack. I thoroughly enjoyed reading that.

So then, Ivan Ilyin? If Putin has taken to quoting him and wanting to what? Claim him as some sort of philosophical antecedent then I’d put the house on Dugin having put that idea into his head, I’d find it unlikely he’d have discovered him under his own steam.

Had you ever heard of him before reading that piece? I’ve got a couple of his titles on the shelf here, he hasn’t been too widely translated and published in English over the years in fairness. The space he occupies is niche to say the least. He straddles that space that comprises anti-Bolshevism, Radical Traditionalism and Christian Mysticism. The sort of esoterica whose devotees would be likely to fill a back room of a pub rather than The Albert Hall.

I’d be there, but then I don’t read a lot of Dick Francis on holidays.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

One for Lohengrin on 21:29 - Mar 6 with 1566 viewsDJack

One for Lohengrin on 20:39 - Mar 6 by Lohengrin

Cheers for that, DJack. I thoroughly enjoyed reading that.

So then, Ivan Ilyin? If Putin has taken to quoting him and wanting to what? Claim him as some sort of philosophical antecedent then I’d put the house on Dugin having put that idea into his head, I’d find it unlikely he’d have discovered him under his own steam.

Had you ever heard of him before reading that piece? I’ve got a couple of his titles on the shelf here, he hasn’t been too widely translated and published in English over the years in fairness. The space he occupies is niche to say the least. He straddles that space that comprises anti-Bolshevism, Radical Traditionalism and Christian Mysticism. The sort of esoterica whose devotees would be likely to fill a back room of a pub rather than The Albert Hall.

I’d be there, but then I don’t read a lot of Dick Francis on holidays.

I thought you'd like it. I'd never heard of him before and if I'm honest I've only skim read parts of the article to get a feel.

As for Dugin... Is he that neo-nazi idiot in Wagner group, the bloke with the Waffen SS tattoo?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

One for Lohengrin on 22:37 - Mar 6 with 1555 viewsLohengrin

One for Lohengrin on 21:29 - Mar 6 by DJack

I thought you'd like it. I'd never heard of him before and if I'm honest I've only skim read parts of the article to get a feel.

As for Dugin... Is he that neo-nazi idiot in Wagner group, the bloke with the Waffen SS tattoo?

This is Alexander Dugin.

Often referred to as ‘Putin’s brain,’ as though he was a Rasputin-like puppet master behind closed doors at the court of King Vladimir. How much of that is true and how much hype he himself has generated is up for debate?

It is clear that he does, at the very least, have the ear of influential actors in Kremlin circles.

One for Lohengrin on 23:35 - Mar 6 with 1530 viewsDJack

One for Lohengrin on 22:37 - Mar 6 by Lohengrin

This is Alexander Dugin.

Often referred to as ‘Putin’s brain,’ as though he was a Rasputin-like puppet master behind closed doors at the court of King Vladimir. How much of that is true and how much hype he himself has generated is up for debate?

It is clear that he does, at the very least, have the ear of influential actors in Kremlin circles.

according to Wikki...

Dugin is a relativist who claims that concepts of liberalism, freedom and democracy are alien to Russian culture, and that the exact sciences of chemistry and physics are demonic Western influences. He believes that Russia is culturally closer to Asia than to Europe, and espouses an ultranationalist, neo-fascist ideology based on his idea of Neo-Eurasianism. He has called for the creation of an illiberal totalitarian Eurasian empire stretching from Dublin to Vladivostok, with the annexation of Ukraine and Finland to support his idea of a Russian truth.

What a nutjob.

One for Lohengrin on 16:17 - Mar 7 with 1475 viewshowenjack

Perhaps Putin is following Von Clausewitz's mantra that "War is the continuation of politics by other means." .
One for Lohengrin on 09:07 - Mar 8 with 1425 viewsLohengrin

One for Lohengrin on 23:35 - Mar 6 by DJack

according to Wikki...

Dugin is a relativist who claims that concepts of liberalism, freedom and democracy are alien to Russian culture, and that the exact sciences of chemistry and physics are demonic Western influences. He believes that Russia is culturally closer to Asia than to Europe, and espouses an ultranationalist, neo-fascist ideology based on his idea of Neo-Eurasianism. He has called for the creation of an illiberal totalitarian Eurasian empire stretching from Dublin to Vladivostok, with the annexation of Ukraine and Finland to support his idea of a Russian truth.

What a nutjob.

I’ve picked up three, maybe four, of his books over the last twenty years, DJack. Not from dodgy websites but in the ordinary way, just spotting them on the shelf at W H Smith in town.

Eurasianism isn’t something he has pioneered, it’s a pre-existing school of long standing. What Dugin does in effect, though often expressed in brilliant terms, is to take Ideas from numerous sources that have obviously impressed him and construct a jigsaw of them to complete a picture from his own imaginings.

And you can clearly see it if you know what you’re looking at. Original thought stands out like prime numbers on the printed page. You can see where he is channeling Plato in one paragraph or perhaps Hegel, Kant or Heidegger in the next. At other times Pushkin’s poetics or the whiff of incense Ilyin brings with him are to the fore. In Geopolitics he attempts a synthesis of Gumilev and Thiriart. It’s extremely clever stuff.

BUT, as diverting an exercise as it can be leafing through the pages the realisation is obvious: any attempt to actually implement any of this would be utter lunacy! It wouldn’t create a world any of us would want to live in.

Login to get fewer ads

One for Lohengrin on 01:03 - Mar 9 with 1353 viewsDJack

One for Lohengrin on 09:07 - Mar 8 by Lohengrin

I’ve picked up three, maybe four, of his books over the last twenty years, DJack. Not from dodgy websites but in the ordinary way, just spotting them on the shelf at W H Smith in town.

Eurasianism isn’t something he has pioneered, it’s a pre-existing school of long standing. What Dugin does in effect, though often expressed in brilliant terms, is to take Ideas from numerous sources that have obviously impressed him and construct a jigsaw of them to complete a picture from his own imaginings.

And you can clearly see it if you know what you’re looking at. Original thought stands out like prime numbers on the printed page. You can see where he is channeling Plato in one paragraph or perhaps Hegel, Kant or Heidegger in the next. At other times Pushkin’s poetics or the whiff of incense Ilyin brings with him are to the fore. In Geopolitics he attempts a synthesis of Gumilev and Thiriart. It’s extremely clever stuff.

BUT, as diverting an exercise as it can be leafing through the pages the realisation is obvious: any attempt to actually implement any of this would be utter lunacy! It wouldn’t create a world any of us would want to live in.

I cant see me reading his stuff (too clever for me). I'll give the Pomerantsev a bash at a later date.

Thanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024