Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. 01:10 - Sep 8 with 15844 viewsBoston

Unless you're insomniacs, tomorrows opening fixture will pass you by. Bills at the Rams, I'll watch a bit anyway as I quite like our division rivals, have 'em to win by 10pts. Apart from the Pats, the meet up that catches my eye is the Steelers, Bengals. That's a game I'd enjoy being at in person, quite partial to Cincinnati, think they'll start the season with a win.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 1:10]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 21:54 - Oct 4 with 2351 viewsMatch82

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 11:05 - Oct 4 by toboboly

Anyone else think that the general quality has gone down across the board? Where you have Trubisky, Geno Smith, Baker Mayfield, Jacoby Brissett etc as starters you have to wonder where the talent is coming through?

Look at the list of QBs drafted between 2010 and 2016, that was a real dry period. Average or above starters in that entire 7 year span: Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Kirk Cousins, Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott. 3 of those were taken in late rounds and the first 2 had very short relevant careers.

The 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 classes (too early to judge 21 and 22) had arguably 7 QBs better than anyone on that list above: Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Jackson, Murray, Herbert, Burrow

So I think there was just a weird lost "generation" and as this group blossoms it will look better again.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 03:07 - Oct 5 with 2267 viewsbob566

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 21:54 - Oct 4 by Match82

Look at the list of QBs drafted between 2010 and 2016, that was a real dry period. Average or above starters in that entire 7 year span: Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Kirk Cousins, Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott. 3 of those were taken in late rounds and the first 2 had very short relevant careers.

The 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 classes (too early to judge 21 and 22) had arguably 7 QBs better than anyone on that list above: Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Jackson, Murray, Herbert, Burrow

So I think there was just a weird lost "generation" and as this group blossoms it will look better again.

Harsh on Russell Wilson. Top qb. Prescott was amazing first two seasons but has been injury plagued since. Joe burrow was God damn awful first season. Mahomes of which I'm a big fan was awful last year. Allen is something else though. Kudos to Murray's unbelievable 2pt conversion too. P
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 10:41 - Oct 5 with 2210 viewstoboboly

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 21:54 - Oct 4 by Match82

I would add Carr, Mariota, Goff, Winston, Wentz and Tannehill to a step above, they are good but without an exceptional team around them aren't capable of dragging a team to a win.

I'm also going to add Justin Fields as not that great and throw in the late Dwayne Haskins as an example of the College system not developing QB's to NFL standards.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 21:14 - Oct 9 with 2155 viewsBoston

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 10:41 - Oct 5 by toboboly

I would add Carr, Mariota, Goff, Winston, Wentz and Tannehill to a step above, they are good but without an exceptional team around them aren't capable of dragging a team to a win.

I'm also going to add Justin Fields as not that great and throw in the late Dwayne Haskins as an example of the College system not developing QB's to NFL standards.

Will the 137th, fourth round pick please step forward...

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 05:23 - Oct 10 with 2093 viewsMatch82

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 03:07 - Oct 5 by bob566

Harsh on Russell Wilson. Top qb. Prescott was amazing first two seasons but has been injury plagued since. Joe burrow was God damn awful first season. Mahomes of which I'm a big fan was awful last year. Allen is something else though. Kudos to Murray's unbelievable 2pt conversion too. P

All personal opinions obviously. Wilson has looked awful this year though. Agree Prescott and Wilson at his peak were both very good, but that's still a horrendously small number of quality QBs to come out of that time span and I'd take every one of the more recently listed ones over either, even at their peak (except perhaps Burrow, that's fair)
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 11:48 - Oct 10 with 2004 viewsMonkey_Roots

That ‘roughing the passer’ call for Brady was absolute bullsh1t.

We was robbed of a golden opportunity to win.

I’ll caveat the above with the assertion that we need to stop coming to life in the 4th quarter. Although missing Pitts and Patterson doesn’t help
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 14:08 - Oct 10 with 1967 viewsTomS

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 21:14 - Oct 9 by Boston

Will the 137th, fourth round pick please step forward...

He had a lovely start to his NFL career at the weekend, getting and taking his opportunity to start a match at QB.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 14:44 - Oct 10 with 1944 viewsBoston

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 14:08 - Oct 10 by TomS

He had a lovely start to his NFL career at the weekend, getting and taking his opportunity to start a match at QB.

Indeed he did, and its set all the hearts a flutter in Patriot nation as we might have seen this before! Not that I expect Mac Jones to be calling Drew Bledsoe for advice on creating a winery in Alabama, but his head must be going around in circles this morning.

What did we see yesterday, a good New England outing, a bad Detroit or maybe both? It's just as likely we watched a pair of teams competing for the best of the worst than a resurgent Patriots with Tom Brady mark two, but for now, fans are enjoying running around like giggling children. Looking at the fixture list, the next few games are very winnable, we should have a pretty good idea by the end of the month.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2022 14:55]

Login to get fewer ads

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 01:25 - Oct 17 with 1804 viewsBoston

Do not be fooled by the 38 -15 score line, this was a much closer game than the numbers suggest. Truely entertaining, I was absorbed from beginning to end, it had everything, mistakes, more mistakes, open play, poor play, odd stuff....

Noticed, although the commentary team did not mention, Mac Jones still had a limp when he came on to the sideline..now it's the Bears next week, I wouldn't want to disrupt the current momentum.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 02:07 - Oct 17 with 1781 viewsozranger

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 01:25 - Oct 17 by Boston

Do not be fooled by the 38 -15 score line, this was a much closer game than the numbers suggest. Truely entertaining, I was absorbed from beginning to end, it had everything, mistakes, more mistakes, open play, poor play, odd stuff....

Noticed, although the commentary team did not mention, Mac Jones still had a limp when he came on to the sideline..now it's the Bears next week, I wouldn't want to disrupt the current momentum.

Ha. Close, yeah sure. Five TOs by the Clowns, if you include the one on downs early on. It may have appeared even for some of the game, but it was really not in doubt. Two milestones anyway - Garrett now the leading sack maker for the Clowns and Belichick now second all time in wins. The fascinating fact for the latter being his first ever win was a shut out of the Pats 20-0 while coaching the old Browns, not this re-incarnation.

Good luck against the Bears but I rather don't see either the Pats or the Clowns in the playoffs. Mind you I do enjoy watching each of the other three in our Division losing as well.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:57 - Oct 17 with 1713 viewsTomS

AFC East is definitely the most interesting division this season. The Dolphins seem to be fading after their furious start, but nobody would have predicted the Jets to be competitive. Pats are quietly building up momentum, while the Bills seem to be on the right track to secure home field advantage in the play offs.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 10:56 - Oct 18 with 1616 viewstoboboly

Bloody Ravens. Can someone tell them that a game lasts 4 quarters.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 14:35 - Oct 18 with 1591 viewsthame_hoops

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:57 - Oct 17 by TomS

AFC East is definitely the most interesting division this season. The Dolphins seem to be fading after their furious start, but nobody would have predicted the Jets to be competitive. Pats are quietly building up momentum, while the Bills seem to be on the right track to secure home field advantage in the play offs.

and the NFC East.....
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 14:38 - Oct 18 with 1589 viewsthame_hoops

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 10:56 - Oct 18 by toboboly

Bloody Ravens. Can someone tell them that a game lasts 4 quarters.

awful awful awful... i rewatched on gamepass 'game in 40' and counted 21 Penalties/errors that would've influenced the end result... absolutely crazy...and Lemar wants a fully guaranteed deal...man... i can see why he decided to throw (on the interception) as he didn't trust our D to get the Giants 3 and out and win, but he threw it to a 300lb fullback Pat Ricard who's as mobile as my Nan...and Shes dead!
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 18:40 - Oct 19 with 1533 viewsHoopstar

How about them Giants though eh?

Some going by Daboll and Martindale to have us at 5-1 with this roster. Some exceptional defense plays and making good on opponents downturn in games like the Ravens and Packers the week before.

Thibodeau looks a future pro bowler to me this early in his career - has the physical attributes, technique and heart to be a huge player for the big blue.

Next four games are the Jaguars, Seahawks, Texans and Lions...be disappointing if we blew it against some of the current lesser lights. Great chance to really kick on now. Very pleasantly surprised this year.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 21:47 - Nov 13 with 1435 viewsTomS

Am watching and enjoying a terrific game between the Bills and the Vikings. Jefferson must win the award for catch of the season. Neither team is lying down. It's wonderful entertainment for a neutral.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2022 11:37]
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 10:44 - Nov 14 with 1387 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 21:47 - Nov 13 by TomS

Am watching and enjoying a terrific game between the Bills and the Vikings. Jefferson must win the award for catch of the season. Neither team is lying down. It's wonderful entertainment for a neutral.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2022 11:37]

Fantastic ending to a great game. Absolutely ridiculous from Jefferson. That could be a playoff game easily.
As a Saints fan I'm done for the season so just going to watch redzone and enjoy the best games like that one.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 22:09 - Nov 20 with 1274 viewsBoston

Pats 10 Jets 3. You'd need to be a die hard to appreciate that one! A game of monumental poor offensive coaching, fixture saved from ridicule status by the display of real talent in the defensive line.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 22:23 - Nov 20 with 1264 viewsBostonR

Go Eagles! Amazing start but a bumpy couple of weeks. Hurts will drive us to the SuperBowl.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 22:32 - Nov 20 with 1262 viewsTomS

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 22:09 - Nov 20 by Boston

Pats 10 Jets 3. You'd need to be a die hard to appreciate that one! A game of monumental poor offensive coaching, fixture saved from ridicule status by the display of real talent in the defensive line.

And what a dramatic way to win the match! Just as the game was sleepwalking into overtime, with a handful of seconds left on the clock, we witness a punt return which is run all the way down the pitch for the only touchdown of the game.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2022 22:32]
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 00:08 - Nov 21 with 1245 viewsBoston

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 22:32 - Nov 20 by TomS

And what a dramatic way to win the match! Just as the game was sleepwalking into overtime, with a handful of seconds left on the clock, we witness a punt return which is run all the way down the pitch for the only touchdown of the game.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2022 22:32]

OMG yes, and as you know, the most important game for the fans in the New England football calendar.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 0:21]

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 20:55 - Nov 24 with 1157 viewsBoston

Might not be able to stay awake for the Pats game. Burp.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:20 - Dec 19 with 1054 viewsTomS

Boston, I couldn't help but feel sorry for Pats fans when I saw the finale to yesterday's match against the Raiders. What a horrible way to finish a game you needed to win.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 10:00 - Dec 19 with 1029 viewsBoston

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:20 - Dec 19 by TomS

Boston, I couldn't help but feel sorry for Pats fans when I saw the finale to yesterday's match against the Raiders. What a horrible way to finish a game you needed to win.

Unbelievable.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 14:17 - Dec 19 with 990 viewsEsox_Lucius

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 10:41 - Oct 5 by toboboly

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Haskins shine in the seasons where the Buckeyes rotated 3 different starting QB's? or am I getting it mixed up with the Jones, Barrett & Miller lineups?

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024