Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The FA and BLM 09:44 - Oct 25 with 1613 viewsAnotherJohn

Is the FA starting to regret binning "Kick it out" in favour of BLM? BLM's support for Hamas seems to be causing complications.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/10/24/london-fa-black-lives-matter-ham
The FA and BLM on 10:34 - Oct 25 with 1575 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m wondering if this thread will contain the ability to remain an open discussion. I actually agree with the OP, but then I assume many do. Inc the FA.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The FA and BLM on 11:36 - Oct 25 with 1542 viewsonehunglow

The FA and BLM on 10:34 - Oct 25 by KeithHaynes

I’m wondering if this thread will contain the ability to remain an open discussion. I actually agree with the OP, but then I assume many do. Inc the FA.

Open discussions don’t always sit confortably with all.
I’m very dubious indeed of having fully candid conversations anywhere these days .
Free speech ,my ring

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The FA and BLM on 14:18 - Oct 25 with 1495 viewsLuther27

This was always waiting to happen…when the next good cause or bright idea of virtue signaling turns around and bites you in the posterior. Remember the World Cup and all the furore regarding arm bands, laces etc. What did that achieve? What does any of this patronising pc crap achieve? Heightened awareness? Rollocks. It achieves nothing.
The FA and BLM on 14:24 - Oct 25 with 1476 viewsonehunglow

The FA and BLM on 14:18 - Oct 25 by Luther27

This was always waiting to happen…when the next good cause or bright idea of virtue signaling turns around and bites you in the posterior. Remember the World Cup and all the furore regarding arm bands, laces etc. What did that achieve? What does any of this patronising pc crap achieve? Heightened awareness? Rollocks. It achieves nothing.

But it looked good,at least to the impressionable .
It’s like rainbow laces really and public posturing when all they mainly care about is how much they can earn,proven when we are seeing erstwhile top players prostituting themselves in a dusty despot nation with appalling human rights record .

The FA and BLM on 14:25 - Oct 25 with 1478 viewsReslovenSwan1

It proves again BLM is a political organisation. Some of the values coincide with mine but many others do not.

Mr Birch had the whole squad out in front of a BLM logo on the website free of charge. The club then detached itself saying the decision to take the knee was left to the players. Black power salutes included. Management is paid to make good decisions not abdicate and get walked over by any passing Yankee fad.

It is all well and good saying BLM and taking the knee are not related but to the public they are. Things stick.

I have to go now as I need to put the "hoover" over the living room.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 19:10]

Wise sage since Toshack era

The FA and BLM on 16:34 - Oct 25 with 1436 viewsSullutaCreturned

I thought the FA had regretted supporting BLM a fair while ago. I thought that when the news broke about their politcal beliefs and targets AND that their "leader" had bought a string of properties with BLM funds that most people waled away, here in the UK anyway.

Wasn't that why taking the knee became a choice instead of an imperative?

Didn't a fair few people (and yes, Dr P who highlighted the issues causing some of us to think more about it) walk away from BLM and get called racists for doing so but were ultimately proved right?

I'll stick with the idea that ALL lives matter and we should shouldn't be seperated out into "target" groups and treated differently. ignore the colour, race and religion and treat people as you'd like to be treated yourself, until they give you a reason not to.
The FA and BLM on 16:58 - Oct 25 with 1426 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

There are obvious risks for sporting institutions getting involved in politics, these risks can be realised without trying. Jumping aboard fashionable causes is probably best avoided.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The FA and BLM on 18:55 - Oct 25 with 1385 viewsReslovenSwan1

The FA and BLM on 16:58 - Oct 25 by JACKMANANDBOY

There are obvious risks for sporting institutions getting involved in politics, these risks can be realised without trying. Jumping aboard fashionable causes is probably best avoided.

Why did Birch not see this? He was being paid big bucks.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

The FA and BLM on 20:20 - Oct 25 with 1334 viewsFlashberryjack

Keep politics and meaningless virtual signalling out of sport.
Taking the knee ? what a load of old bo*lox that was.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The FA and BLM on 20:22 - Oct 25 with 1326 viewsonehunglow

The FA and BLM on 20:20 - Oct 25 by Flashberryjack

But it looked good,as if the players and fans cared .
They don’t really .

The FA and BLM on 20:31 - Oct 25 with 1323 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

BLM have gone off the radar a little bit but you can absolutely guarantee the media will be giving them full attention again next year with elections on both sides of the pond.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The FA and BLM on 20:40 - Oct 25 with 1304 viewsSullutaCreturned

The FA and BLM on 20:20 - Oct 25 by Flashberryjack

I totally agree, keep politics away from sport, it only causes trouble.

Taking the knee for an anti racist drive is fine but if it's BLM, ignore it.
The FA and BLM on 10:12 - Oct 26 with 1199 viewsAnotherJohn

The FA and BLM on 20:31 - Oct 25 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

BLM have gone off the radar a little bit but you can absolutely guarantee the media will be giving them full attention again next year with elections on both sides of the pond.

I wonder how BLM will fare in 2024 if it does come under the spotlight. I knew about the politics, but hadn't realised until seeing Sulluta's post that there is also the issue of the book keeping. Surely somebody within the London FA should have seen the risk associated with keeping a BLM page on its web site?

https://nypost.com/2023/05/27/only-33-of-blms-90m-in-donations-helped-charity-fo

https://lawandcrime.com/lawsuit/lawsuit-accuses-black-lives-matter-leader-shalom
The FA and BLM on 10:21 - Oct 26 with 1192 viewsonehunglow

The FA and BLM on 20:40 - Oct 25 by SullutaCreturned

I totally agree, keep politics away from sport, it only causes trouble.

Taking the knee for an anti racist drive is fine but if it's BLM, ignore it.

Some sides in Scotland displaying massive Palestinian flags .
None on Israel
Two sides in a conflict
Blame on both sides

The FA and BLM on 15:47 - Oct 26 with 1150 viewsRhonddaSwans

Skin colour is the most important thing in the world as long as it isn't White.
(sarcasm)
Think of a White demanding Blacks to kneel before them?
I am proud I never did it once!
Reverse racism causes more harm than good.
The far right wing groups have probably recruited hell of alot more people through this social castrating of White men.

I reserve the right to not like anyone based on their character skin colour is irrelevant.
BLM supported Palestine because they see them as POC (people of colour)
Like the KKK before them skin colour is all that matters to them.

No preferential treatment for anyone due to something that is out of their control.
White PRIVILEGE is a myth!

No political cause including lgbt should ever allowed into a football stadium.
The government are using our clubs to push the 'message'
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 15:51]

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

The FA and BLM on 16:07 - Oct 26 with 1129 viewsRobbie

Simon Jordan on Talksport this morning made some good points .

FA were quick enough to allow rainbow laces , LGBT arm bands , BLM protests , support Ukraine banners etc , now they want to close the stable door , too late , it was their own decision making that allowed protests to take place

Either ban all protest groups and their banners from the grounds or let be .
The FA cannot cherry pick their preferred Organisations .
The FA and BLM on 21:20 - Oct 26 with 1064 viewsSullutaCreturned

The FA and BLM on 16:07 - Oct 26 by Robbie

Simon Jordan on Talksport this morning made some good points .

FA were quick enough to allow rainbow laces , LGBT arm bands , BLM protests , support Ukraine banners etc , now they want to close the stable door , too late , it was their own decision making that allowed protests to take place

Either ban all protest groups and their banners from the grounds or let be .
The FA cannot cherry pick their preferred Organisations .

I agree with you and think they should ban them all. I don't care if the person sat next to me is a different colour/gender/orientation or religion, we are both there to support the Swans. That's all I need to know.

If we start talking politics it could end up getting silly and theres too much of that around. Some people cannot accept others have different opinions and try to force their opinion over on themso just leave politics at the front door and go to sprt FOR the sport.
The FA and BLM on 22:58 - Oct 26 with 1011 viewsRhonddaSwans

The FA and BLM on 21:20 - Oct 26 by SullutaCreturned

I agree with you and think they should ban them all. I don't care if the person sat next to me is a different colour/gender/orientation or religion, we are both there to support the Swans. That's all I need to know.

If we start talking politics it could end up getting silly and theres too much of that around. Some people cannot accept others have different opinions and try to force their opinion over on themso just leave politics at the front door and go to sprt FOR the sport.

👏 😎

110%

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

The FA and BLM on 17:04 - Oct 27 with 944 viewsWingstandwood

Aye, subservient-lackeys groveling down on one knee (what self respect/dignity hey????) to a Maxist-extremist organisation, all because of an incident that happened over four thousand miles away.

It’s hilarious in fact! It achieved nothing other than make greedy BLM leaders extremely rich on the back of.

And it made individuals partaking in this melodramatic-drama-queen nonsense look like the worst possible (yeah they really did care about George Floyd lol) bunch of vapid/soulless attention seekers and virtue signalers imaginable.

And boy “defund the police” what a sensible idea hey?

Argus!

The FA and BLM on 17:16 - Oct 27 with 938 viewsonehunglow

The FA and BLM on 17:04 - Oct 27 by Wingstandwood

Aye, subservient-lackeys groveling down on one knee (what self respect/dignity hey????) to a Maxist-extremist organisation, all because of an incident that happened over four thousand miles away.

It’s hilarious in fact! It achieved nothing other than make greedy BLM leaders extremely rich on the back of.

And it made individuals partaking in this melodramatic-drama-queen nonsense look like the worst possible (yeah they really did care about George Floyd lol) bunch of vapid/soulless attention seekers and virtue signalers imaginable.

And boy “defund the police” what a sensible idea hey?

In a recent demo I saw,Power to the Public not Police .
Frankly, in a way, I wish the Police had the guts to simply walk out, like our train drivers ,doctors, barristers ,firemen even in years gone by .
Let the public get on with it,
No stop and search …as it upsets certain groups of people and
And
If someone denies something, believe them .

Innit

The FA and BLM on 17:30 - Oct 27 with 936 viewsWingstandwood

The FA and BLM on 17:16 - Oct 27 by onehunglow

In a recent demo I saw,Power to the Public not Police .
Frankly, in a way, I wish the Police had the guts to simply walk out, like our train drivers ,doctors, barristers ,firemen even in years gone by .
Let the public get on with it,
No stop and search …as it upsets certain groups of people and
And
If someone denies something, believe them .

Innit

It's a good thing BLM and other WOKE idiots did not get their way, because call me picky? But replacing the big-boys/girls who often run into the eye of the storm with (holistic approach apparently) with loony-left social worker equivalents isn’t gonna work.

"Hello Mr murderer, Mr Rapist, Mr Mugger, Mr Burglar etc here is your 'pinko-loon-weakling' caseworker whom has in-depth knowlege of not only Feng shui and crystal healing but the full works of Abraham Harold Maslow also".

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024