Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nations league 17:54 - Feb 8 with 3137 viewsstowmarketrange

They are doing the draw for the Nations league groups now and I can’t believe that Scotland are in group while we’re in group B.
They’re in a group with Croatia,Portugal and Poland.Who was it who made the World Cup semis only 16 months ago?And who was it that didn’t get out of their group again?
Nations league on 17:57 - Feb 8 with 2525 viewsstowmarketrange

Sorry QF.
Nations league on 18:29 - Feb 8 with 2398 viewsPaddyhoops

England and Ireland in the same group.
Should be interesting.
Nations league on 18:47 - Feb 8 with 2341 viewsdaveB

it's based on Nations League, England finished bottom last time so went down a group, need to do well in it as does have an impact on seedings for the Euros Qualifying
Nations league on 18:56 - Feb 8 with 2303 viewsMalintabuk

Can just see Sincs up against Maguire.... be great if the lad makes the squad for these
Nations league on 19:51 - Feb 8 with 2189 viewsPaddyhoops

I’ll raise you Jimmy Dunne , Harry Keane.
Actually no . Scratch that.
Nations league on 20:19 - Feb 8 with 2102 viewsQPR_Hibs

England won none (zero) of their 6 games in the last Nations League and were therefore relegated to group B.
Scotland, on the other hand, won 4 of their 6 and topped their group so were promoted to group A.
I expect the reverse will happen this time as England should win that group quite easily.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Nations league on 20:50 - Feb 8 with 2025 viewsstowmarketrange

Nations league on 20:19 - Feb 8 by QPR_Hibs

England won none (zero) of their 6 games in the last Nations League and were therefore relegated to group B.
Scotland, on the other hand, won 4 of their 6 and topped their group so were promoted to group A.
I expect the reverse will happen this time as England should win that group quite easily.

I appreciate that the results determine which group you end up in,but it seems strange to me that the current world rankings are also based on a country’s results and they don’t have Scotland in the top 16 European teams.Or many of the other countries in the A groups either.
Nations league on 21:32 - Feb 8 with 1907 viewsaston_hoop

On the subject of England though, did we know Shaun Derry's son is a top prospect? Shame its with Palace rather than us really

https://www.wearepalace.uk/news/16-year-old-crystal-palace-wonderkid-has-now-bee
[Post edited 8 Feb 21:32]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Nations league on 21:39 - Feb 8 with 1861 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Nations league on 18:56 - Feb 8 by Malintabuk

Can just see Sincs up against Maguire.... be great if the lad makes the squad for these

Armstrong and Ferguson would be a handful plus Hodge could play himself into contention next few months with QPR.
Just like the Euros when they drew France, Holland and Greece the luck of the Irish has deserted them again .
England, Finland and Greece is a brutal draw IMO
Nations league on 21:40 - Feb 8 with 1859 viewsconnell10

Nations league on 21:32 - Feb 8 by aston_hoop

On the subject of England though, did we know Shaun Derry's son is a top prospect? Shame its with Palace rather than us really

https://www.wearepalace.uk/news/16-year-old-crystal-palace-wonderkid-has-now-bee
[Post edited 8 Feb 21:32]

Just glorified friendlies imo

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Nations league on 21:56 - Feb 8 with 1797 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Nations league on 21:40 - Feb 8 by connell10

Just glorified friendlies imo

Seconded.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Nations league on 22:05 - Feb 8 with 1779 viewsconnell10

Nations league on 21:56 - Feb 8 by PlanetHonneywood

Seconded.

Typical modern football squeezing the last drop outta everything. The only thing I'm interested is the Euro Finals the rest is over hyped fluff.

Nations league on 00:25 - Feb 9 with 1611 viewsBoston

TOO MUCH FOOTBALL.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Nations league on 01:10 - Feb 9 with 1577 viewsDannyPaddox

WATCH THE FOOTBALL!

I'm sure I've been to that ground.
Nations league on 05:28 - Feb 9 with 1447 viewsSydneyRs

Nations league on 18:29 - Feb 8 by Paddyhoops

England and Ireland in the same group.
Should be interesting.

Would have been in the past but Ireland are rubbish these days. Can't see them troubling England, regardless of any sentiment around the fixture. This is not Jack Charlton's team that could beat anyone on their day.
Nations league on 06:32 - Feb 9 with 1415 viewspaulparker

Tough group

Might stand a chance if we can get phillips , Henderson and Maguire fit

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Nations league on 07:52 - Feb 9 with 1352 viewsconnell10

Nations league on 01:10 - Feb 9 by DannyPaddox

WATCH THE FOOTBALL!

Thats Leeds ground from the Porridge episode with David Jason playing Blanko.

Nations league on 07:54 - Feb 9 with 1347 viewsRangersw12

Might do Greece and Ireland away

Athens in 2001 was a great trip and I'm sure we haven't played them since .

Went Dublin for that Shamrock friendly a few years ago but haven't been there with England
[Post edited 9 Feb 8:03]
Nations league on 09:42 - Feb 9 with 1247 viewsMrSheen

Nations league on 20:19 - Feb 8 by QPR_Hibs

The Nations League is a better concept than the Euros - more evenly matched games than the conventional qualifiers. Just as Spain must get tired of beating Moldova 8-0, there can't be much fun for the latter in another 0-1-9 round. You're right to point out that England's dull schedule this time is the well-earned reward for getting beaten 4-0 at home by Hungary. It's just a shame that we have both/and rather than either/or...I'd keep the NL over the Euros - I loved the old eight team Euro finals, but it's acquired the same bloat as the World Cup, only more predictable.
Nations league on 09:53 - Feb 9 with 1218 viewsAberystwythR

As a Welsh fan I love the nations league, for the top teams its a pretty irrelevant glorified friendly but for the other European international squads its a better chance to qualify for the Euros- wales only in the play offs due to being in NL A the year before and same for many others in the play offs
Nations league on 11:21 - Feb 9 with 1136 viewsTheChef

Nations league on 01:10 - Feb 9 by DannyPaddox

WATCH THE FOOTBALL!

Woah, the size of David Mitchell back then!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Nations league on 11:25 - Feb 9 with 1133 viewsDannyPaddox

Nations league on 11:21 - Feb 9 by TheChef

Woah, the size of David Mitchell back then!

Could be the ground was smaller.
Nations league on 12:33 - Feb 9 with 1057 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is this the first competitive game in Ireland since those idiots ripped out the chairs?
Nations league on 12:39 - Feb 9 with 1041 viewsTheChef

Nations league on 12:33 - Feb 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Is this the first competitive game in Ireland since those idiots ripped out the chairs?

Nearly 30 years ago!!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Nations league on 12:39 - Feb 9 with 1043 viewsdaveB

Nations league on 12:33 - Feb 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Think that was a friendly, will be first competitive one since Euro 1992 qualifiers I think
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024