Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March 15:42 - Feb 28 with 11121 viewsQJumpingJack

What questions need to be asked?

Watson, Coleman and Williams will be present as will be a member of the Trust board.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-hold-fans-forum-march-11
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 09:30 - Mar 15 with 351 viewsWhiterockin

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 09:16 - Mar 15 by jackrmee

I agree, but I don’t think it’s Watson who’s to blame for it.
The higher ups wanted Duff. Actually, Coleman admits that was down to him. He has apologised for not aligning that appointment with “the Swansea way”.
Hence, Watson had to source players to suit Duff.
Duff clearly didn’t want to play short passing game, so players like Pederson were needed.
Duff was happy with him and played him.
Watson said as much in the forum.

Coleman even said that all the loans were because of so much turnaround.
He took the blame for the loans.
So how is Watson at fault for that?
Personally, I think the calibre of loans we have, even though they haven’t worked out so well on the grass, are top top prospects on paper, and probably the biggest names we have ever signed on loan, as a group.
Patino, Ashby, Bashir, Rushworth are all among the most exciting prospects at their clubs. And their clubs are among the higher echelons of world football, Arsenal, Newcastle, Chelsea, Brighton.

Then we have Lowe. Now I don’t think anyone can say they didn’t want Jamal back here, so that can’t be put down as a bad loan. Especially, as it has given us a chance to get the guy on a free transfer.

I don't disagree, but my point is the buck stops at the very top, whoever that is. The person/people at the very top are responsible for all the appointments below. If you put somebody in a position of power and they invest in someone who is poor by bad judgment, once is a mistake continually is a poor appointment. The top of the pyramid can not complain about continued investment if they are continually making large financial mistakes. Yes the Championship is a money pit, but we are shovelling in more than we need to.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 09:47 - Mar 15 with 344 viewsjackrmee

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 09:30 - Mar 15 by Whiterockin

I don't disagree, but my point is the buck stops at the very top, whoever that is. The person/people at the very top are responsible for all the appointments below. If you put somebody in a position of power and they invest in someone who is poor by bad judgment, once is a mistake continually is a poor appointment. The top of the pyramid can not complain about continued investment if they are continually making large financial mistakes. Yes the Championship is a money pit, but we are shovelling in more than we need to.

Looks like we agree on mostly everything.

I blame Coleman though. He’s the one who signed Duff and he’s the one that told Watson to sign players to suit Duff.
He’s the one that signed Williams and he’s the one that caused Duffs players to be unused by the new manager.
He’s the one that made us have to fork out a load more money for wingers, as that’s the route the new manager wants to go down.

Watson just doing what he’s told, to the best of his ability by the look of it.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 21:28 - Mar 15 with 276 viewsvetchonian

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 09:47 - Mar 15 by jackrmee

Looks like we agree on mostly everything.

I blame Coleman though. He’s the one who signed Duff and he’s the one that told Watson to sign players to suit Duff.
He’s the one that signed Williams and he’s the one that caused Duffs players to be unused by the new manager.
He’s the one that made us have to fork out a load more money for wingers, as that’s the route the new manager wants to go down.

Watson just doing what he’s told, to the best of his ability by the look of it.

First fans pitch manager wasn't backed in transfer window so he left then bithch when subsequent managers are you can't.make it up

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024