Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 72979 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 17:48 - May 22 with 8333 viewsderbyhoop

I presume you live in England, so you're only choices if you don't want Tory, Labour nor Reform would be Lib Dems or Greens.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 17:54 - May 22 with 8312 views222gers

I hope we all tread precaution around political theads in the run up to the election. Things have been pretty fraught on such topics on here.
One question though - there was talk of boundary changes in West London that would have meant our ground would be in the borough of Ealing. Haven't heard anything so presumably the idea died a death.
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:03 - May 22 with 8266 viewshantssi

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 17:54 - May 22 by 222gers

I hope we all tread precaution around political theads in the run up to the election. Things have been pretty fraught on such topics on here.
One question though - there was talk of boundary changes in West London that would have meant our ground would be in the borough of Ealing. Haven't heard anything so presumably the idea died a death.

I think there were boundary changes all over, it’s apparently to do with numbers of residents.
I JUST got in in 1979, my mate a real political fanatic missed out by a week!
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:04 - May 22 with 8260 viewsdmm

Loftboy, great question but we can't discuss it on LfW. I respect Clive's call for no political threads on here despite wishing I could respond to your and many other political posts. All I do is quote The Who's classic song, Won't Get Fooled Again, Meet the new boss, same as the old boss
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:21 - May 22 with 8171 viewsloftboy

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 17:48 - May 22 by derbyhoop

I presume you live in England, so you're only choices if you don't want Tory, Labour nor Reform would be Lib Dems or Greens.

Was my thoughts, would consider myself a hypocrite voting green as I drives diesel and have multiple holidays a year, have never considered myself liberal, don’t want to waste my vote so stuck in a real quandary.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:26 - May 22 with 8138 viewscolinallcars

I think it's now Hammersmith and Chiswick constituency, so LR still in same borough.
Folk living south of Hammersmith Broadway, I believe are now in Chelsea & Fulham.
So, our borough has no Prem clubs ! We are the biggest team ! You R's !
Ps..by borough I really mean constituency. Hammersmith & Fulham remains the council body.
[Post edited 22 May 18:52]
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:28 - May 22 with 8095 viewsRangersw12

I'm 41 and I've only ever voted Labour .

Not a lot will change as it will take years to try and unpick the absolute shitshow of the last 14 years or so but it will be a very pleasing to watch the arrogant twts lose their seats
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:28 - May 22 with 8125 viewsessextaxiboy

I too have no clue , decided to vote for the individuaL rather than the Party or Leader . Just sat in the bath reading up on the ones that I know are standing ..... totally underwhelmed. Hopefully someone interesting comes from left field
Login to get fewer ads

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:29 - May 22 with 8121 viewsBluce_Ree

Man, this is tough.

It'll be good to get the Tories out. They don't know what they are doing.

But Labour can f**k off. They're good for the NHS but shit on crime and last time they were in we had the whole Weapons of Mass Destruction lie/Iraq War which cost many lives.

Lib Dems? Well, they're my usual vote but f**k me, I literally can't name one of those c*nts. And that includes the leader.

Greens? Fk that. Look, I just need to live another 30 or so years. I don't need the entire economy collapsing because of their bullshit.

Anything right wing/Farage-y/GB News-y. F**k off. Bunch of grifters and w@nkers.

Shite.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:31 - May 22 with 8121 viewsSnipper

I wish my constituency was, Dunny-on-the-Wold.
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:32 - May 22 with 8106 viewsessextaxiboy

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:04 - May 22 by dmm

Loftboy, great question but we can't discuss it on LfW. I respect Clive's call for no political threads on here despite wishing I could respond to your and many other political posts. All I do is quote The Who's classic song, Won't Get Fooled Again, Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

I dont think he said no politics , but to be respectful . Hopefully we will sign such exciting players that we will all be distracted my matters more important
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:38 - May 22 with 8051 viewsMick_S

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:04 - May 22 by dmm

Spot on, David.

My last post here on this thread.

You are so right.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:58 - May 22 with 7994 viewsStainrod

Lib Dem for me.

Priority for me is to get the Tories out. Regardless of any political leanings we all may have don’t think it’s healthy for one party to remain in power for so long. They just look exhausted and like they have given up.

Re boroughs - it’s the constituency map that was re-drawn (that’s the area that elects MPs).

The borough boundaries - for electing councillors to Hammersmith and Fulham council - remain unchanged as far as i’m aware.
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:59 - May 22 with 7994 viewscolinallcars

I noticed Larry the cat was sitting behind Rishi when he made the announcement - I hope Keir Starmer likes cats.
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 19:00 - May 22 with 7953 viewskensalriser

There have been loads of boundary changes for parliamentary constituencies for this election. Borough boundary changes are much rarer and not connected. Constituencies that straddle borough boundaries are much more common than they used to be.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 19:04 - May 22 with 7974 viewsQPR_Jim

Once the manifestos are out, I like to do the vote for policies thing where you blindly select the policies you think are best without knowing which party they belong to. Normally gives me a good idea of who's at least talking the best game, whether they're able to deliver it is an altogether different conversation.
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 19:09 - May 22 with 7938 viewsPaddyhoops

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 18:31 - May 22 by Snipper

I wish my constituency was, Dunny-on-the-Wold.

For the “Standing at the back looking very stupid party” .I presume .
On a serious note. Everyone should try and vote.
Even if you write C***s on the ballot paper . At least you’ve made the effort.
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 19:17 - May 22 with 7914 viewsLimehouseR

The single biggest impact on humanity and the planet Earth is how we can realign ourselves with the natural world , preserve what little biodiversity we have left and prevent any further tip in climate change. It might not affect you directly but believe me millions if not billions are already suffering on a global scale. In reality every other political topic pales in comparison. So I have voted Green for the last 3 elections.

But until those in power ditch the first past the post system (which they never will) this country will remain trapped in a Conservative or Tory-Lite trade off and 'tactical voting'. The Greens actually get a huge number of votes but under our political system it counts for not very much.
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 19:22 - May 22 with 7845 viewsSuperhoops2808

Poor old Clive can be found rocking in the corner of his local pub
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 19:23 - May 22 with 7871 viewspaulhoop2

No criticism of OP but don’t think we should get into political debates ! Should remain your personal view. Only thing I’d say is whoever gets in will just be as bad lying etc!

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 19:25 - May 22 with 7857 viewsstevec

I’d like them to give us a ‘none of the above’ option.
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 19:29 - May 22 with 7841 viewsG_Ottershaw

think it's interesting that the current stewards are looking to get out so soon, maybe they know what's coming?
still, as long as i've got my 3 days of emergency supplies i should be fine!
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 19:30 - May 22 with 7830 viewsT_Block

Please vote.Everyone should vote.Don't care for whom.None of the above is generally Monster raving Looney
First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 19:30 - May 22 with 7798 viewsnumptydumpty

Big opportunities for monster raving loony party this time

Basically because all the mainstream parties offer monster raving loony agendas and never has there been a time where the choices are so disappointingly poor.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

First voted in 1985 as a naive 18 year old on 19:36 - May 22 with 7796 viewsLanhoop

I’d recommend using https://tacticalvote.co.uk/ to help decide who to vote for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024