Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football is sh1t mini rant 08:51 - Oct 20 with 4976 viewsMattnme

Following on from the dirty leeds and enjoying the prem threads I thought I'd start one about how sh1t football is.
Like many on this board I have been a QPR fan for more years than I care to remember. For the me though my love of the game has been dying for along time. I am still a season ticket holder but this doesn't stop me missing games when once I would 've almost risked getting sacked, divorced, excommunicated you name it. Now I miss games if something good is on the telly. Alright that last bits not quite true but I won't inconvenience myself like I once would've done. The fact I do still attend is down to living 100 miles and having a good excuse to see friends and family.
For me so much is wrong with the game, the list is endless and growing. From the importance and trivialisation of everything premier league to the unimportance of domestic cups. From teams playing to be 4th and others trying not to be 6th.
To be honest I don't know where this rant is going but I'm not a happy R and it's not because we arent getting results I've been through many sh1t times with the R's over the years.
I genuinely get more enjoyment out of other sports but like an addict I can't quite kick the habit. It's been said on here many times that could end up in financial ruin, a part me would almost welcome that.
Does anyone get where I'm coming from or have similar thoughts? I know i've put myself there to be shot at but serious responses only please.
Football is sh1t mini rant on 17:45 - Oct 20 with 1168 viewsTacticalR

Football is sh1t mini rant on 16:19 - Oct 20 by ted_hendrix

Jesus wept lads, Is It really that bad?

I don't think so.

Neither do I.

Air hostess clique

Football is sh1t mini rant on 17:48 - Oct 20 with 1163 viewsAunt_Nelly

A couple of wins and you'll all be w@nking over 'The Best League In The World' again.
Football is sh1t mini rant on 19:25 - Oct 20 with 1120 viewsDeano19766

Football is sh1t mini rant on 17:48 - Oct 20 by Aunt_Nelly

A couple of wins and you'll all be w@nking over 'The Best League In The World' again.

Not a chance Aunt Nelly. The Premiership is w @nk. Has been for years. Just cant see how people bring themselves to get passionate about supporting a bunch of blokes, most of them tosspots who don't five a flying, on massive wages. Nor a game that is absolutely obsessed by money and its 'fans' watching in Asia are probably considered more important than the man who turns up to watch. Best league in the world? Nah, pile of w @nk if you ask me. If you were honest, you'd be inclined to agree surely?
Football is sh1t mini rant on 19:25 - Oct 20 with 1120 viewsTGRRRSSS

Football is sh1t mini rant on 14:07 - Oct 20 by Juzzie

It's generally said that during times of hardship, more extreme feelings in people come out. Could we be starting to go through a similar phase and people are using football as an outlet?

Very possibly mate yes, times are hard costs are spiralling, oil, electricity bills for instance, oh and football tickets keep spirralling, tell you something else I noticed, that match last night wasn't even a sell out.
That being said QPR are selling out still at the moment.

I'm not sure the prat from last night was anything more than that a pure yob, who wants the glory of his 15 minutes of fame (or infame)

Lots wrong generally these days and thinking next few years could see football changed once again, and I'm not sure the authrities are prepared for it, the bubble has burst I think, but the powers that be, FA, FIFA, UEFA and beyond don't realise it yet.
How well will it go down in Spain having Ronaldo on 200K P/W when people are starving, Spain's got a worse mess than UK for instance.
Football is sh1t mini rant on 19:41 - Oct 20 with 1109 viewsDeano19766

Football is sh1t mini rant on 19:25 - Oct 20 by TGRRRSSS

Very possibly mate yes, times are hard costs are spiralling, oil, electricity bills for instance, oh and football tickets keep spirralling, tell you something else I noticed, that match last night wasn't even a sell out.
That being said QPR are selling out still at the moment.

I'm not sure the prat from last night was anything more than that a pure yob, who wants the glory of his 15 minutes of fame (or infame)

Lots wrong generally these days and thinking next few years could see football changed once again, and I'm not sure the authrities are prepared for it, the bubble has burst I think, but the powers that be, FA, FIFA, UEFA and beyond don't realise it yet.
How well will it go down in Spain having Ronaldo on 200K P/W when people are starving, Spain's got a worse mess than UK for instance.

Very well said re Ronaldo, and rightfully so. It's a joke, and it's the same here of course. How on earth can a 'normal' run of the mill bloke get passionate about his team when you have w @nkers such as Ronaldo playing for it on £200k a week? You probably need your head fixing if you do!!! The game now is tailored towards 'fans' watching on tv, not the type of supporters some of us lot are/were who cared so much about the club and go/went everywhere to watch the club play. Those days are gone. Ruined by tv and it's money. Unfortunately, the situation has turned me into one of those 'fans', which is not something I thought possible a few years back. Such is life I suppose
Football is sh1t mini rant on 19:42 - Oct 20 with 1107 viewsessextaxiboy

Football is sh1t mini rant on 16:33 - Oct 20 by AlbRanger

Not sure it's just an age thing mate (maybe just my wishful thinking!). I have loads more fun with Rugby than I have had for ages with Football. That coupled with some of the general issues I have with football - the race for mediocrity in the Premiership, the poor role models of the players, the national team, UEFA, FIFA etc. - mean that I simply don't enjoy Football like I used to.

Ted, TBH mate, for me it is. If it's Football but not QPR I couldn't give a hoot.

Your last line summed it up for me . I cant remember the last game I watched all the way through that didnt involve Rangers .
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Football is sh1t mini rant on 21:14 - Oct 20 with 1076 viewsTearsOfaClown

THIS IS THE BEST POST I HAVE READ ON HERE.

I am with you and the others on this - I hate with a passion most of the shallow, low life footballers that are paid a fortune - and it sickens me to read 'fans' saying "oh he puts in a shift for us, covers every blade of grass . . .etc".

You could not trust most of them to sit the right way round on a toilet.

The money bears no relation to the skill -it is quite simply theft.

Would you want to be operated on or fly in a plane if the surgeon/pilot was on £70,000 a week but had the ability of SWP?

Football is sh1t mini rant on 08:37 - Oct 21 with 1035 viewswood_hoop

Played, coached and watched football for nigh on 50 years, love of the sport will never leave me, still love kicking a ball about even though the old pins can barely hold me up.....

The sport has been prostituted by the 'suits' for years, many players being paid well for skills that barely were above a Sunday pub team, acceptable to a certain point as careers were generally not that long and though high in comparison to the average man in the street, on the whole I looked at it as some get luckier in life and for 90 minutes a week I could escape into a world with my team, and it really mattered if we won or lost.

Not the case now, always want them to win, but dosn't put a blight on my week if they don't, not at all bothered about which players we buy, their wage levels are totally unacceptable and very few have skills that would want me to get to a game no matter what else was going on in my life.

The game has changed over the time I have followed the game, it is no longer just a sporting event and the majority of the players not worth the price they now want for a ticket, virtually impossible for me to turn my back completely on the game or my club but has got to a point where football is not all pervading in my life and the circus it has been turned into.
Login to get fewer ads

Football is sh1t mini rant on 10:13 - Oct 21 with 1021 viewsShotKneesHoop

Strange situation now where I support them from a distance as I can't identify with them. DIfferent to last year when the R's seemed to want to play as a team.

The final game of last season's last twenty minutes against Man City rank as good a team performance as any thing I can recall from the days of Sir Alec, Jago, Sexton, Venables, Francis and Holloway.

Over half those poor sods who bust a gut then got rewarded with either a transfer or a permanent place on the bench.

I just can't support a team with any conviction with SWP in it.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Football is sh1t mini rant on 10:26 - Oct 21 with 1016 viewsShotKneesHoop

Football is sh1t mini rant on 21:14 - Oct 20 by TearsOfaClown

THIS IS THE BEST POST I HAVE READ ON HERE.

I am with you and the others on this - I hate with a passion most of the shallow, low life footballers that are paid a fortune - and it sickens me to read 'fans' saying "oh he puts in a shift for us, covers every blade of grass . . .etc".

You could not trust most of them to sit the right way round on a toilet.

The money bears no relation to the skill -it is quite simply theft.

Would you want to be operated on or fly in a plane if the surgeon/pilot was on £70,000 a week but had the ability of SWP?

Let alone SWP being allowed to fly a plane or take my appendix out, I wouldn't even want to be on the same football pitch as him.

He'd spend all his time giving me hospital passes or kicking the ball in the Grand Union.

As per normal - SWP will start today, Taraabt won't, SWP will do fook hall and get subbed in the 65th minute. By then it will be too late for Adel to save the game.

SWP = Shyte Woeful Phootballer.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Football is sh1t mini rant on 11:11 - Oct 21 with 1000 viewshoopstilidie

I love football.

It isn't the best it can be nor is it the best it has ever been but I love it.

My life would be poorer without it.

Nobody holds a gun to your head and makes you watch it, it's your choice and if the pull for some of you to go watch another sport instead is so strong then give in to it, go do it, it's still your choice, I'll continue to love it.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Football is sh1t mini rant on 11:46 - Oct 21 with 984 viewsessextaxiboy

Football is sh1t mini rant on 11:11 - Oct 21 by hoopstilidie

I love football.

Nobody holds a gun to your head and makes you watch it, it's your choice and if the pull for some of you to go watch another sport instead is so strong then give in to it, go do it, it's still your choice, I'll continue to love it.

If Rangers ceased to exist in any form tomorrow would you go and watch another team (not the same obviously) regularly

I would not and I think that is the thrust of the thread.

No one holds a gun to your head true but for those of us probably most of us on here a love of the Rangers throughout a lifetime is that "gun" .

A habit that is hard to kick .
Football is sh1t mini rant on 11:57 - Oct 21 with 971 viewshoopstilidie

Football is sh1t mini rant on 11:46 - Oct 21 by essextaxiboy

If Rangers ceased to exist in any form tomorrow would you go and watch another team (not the same obviously) regularly

No one holds a gun to your head true but for those of us probably most of us on here a love of the Rangers throughout a lifetime is that "gun" .

I would yes. I can watch football without supporting either side just for the game itself, do it regularly.

I love the game, QPR are the team I pin my colours to within that game but I still love the game overall, in much the same way as I adore women but love my wife above all of them.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Football is sh1t mini rant on 12:18 - Oct 21 with 960 viewsscot1963

Football is sh1t mini rant on 11:57 - Oct 21 by hoopstilidie

I would yes. I can watch football without supporting either side just for the game itself, do it regularly.

I love the game, QPR are the team I pin my colours to within that game but I still love the game overall, in much the same way as I adore women but love my wife above all of them.

agreed (apart from the bit about loving your wife of course), in fact I find it is easier to watch other teams play as 90 minutes of watching QPR is stress to the max. If posters watched other teams they might have saved themselves some of the inevitable disappointment they now feel with SWP failing to live up to their expectations as he has done exactly what it said on the tin from way before he came to us - just one example
Football is sh1t mini rant on 12:21 - Oct 21 with 952 viewsClive_Anderson

Football is sh1t mini rant on 11:11 - Oct 21 by hoopstilidie

I love football.

I completely agree it's an amazing game and my life would be much poorer without it.

That's why I choose to play it several times a week.

Beats watching overpaid w*nkers lurching around the pitch for their latest team not giving a toss.
Football is sh1t mini rant on 17:21 - Oct 22 with 879 viewsMattnme

Football is sh1t mini rant on 11:46 - Oct 21 by essextaxiboy

Bang on especially the last two sentences.
Love QPR hate football.
Football is sh1t mini rant on 17:55 - Oct 22 with 872 viewsMrSheen

Football is sh1t mini rant on 17:21 - Oct 22 by Mattnme

Bang on especially the last two sentences.
Love QPR hate football.

Despite my moaning, I take a deep and wicked pride in having infected my kids with the Rangers virus. My teenage daughter's friends can't understand why she ridicules boys who support Ch*ls**. Ruin their life? - it's the least I can do.
Football is sh1t mini rant on 18:48 - Oct 22 with 860 viewsDylanP

A couple of things:
1. I agree with everything you say about ht egame going to the dogs--money has corrupted the game and there is no getting away from that.

2. It is also possible, that at least part of your changing attitude to football is a result of where you are in your life. As people age their priorities change. It seems to me totally normal that you wouldn't have the same attitude to football at age 40 that you had at age 15.

3. Three decades of QPR will wear down even the strongest of heart. In three decades of QPR they have literally won nothing (unless you consider the Ibiza cup and the second division to be worth mentioning).The more things change, the more they stay the same and so, after a while, your attitude is bound to change (which loops back to number 2, I guess).

4. Having said all that, you are still a season ticket holder and a regular conributor to this messageboard, after all that. It just goes to show that once the Superhoops get to your heart, the passion grips you like a malarial fever and never truely lets go!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Football is sh1t mini rant on 19:34 - Oct 22 with 849 viewsRangersAreBack

Depressing but true. When I was younger I would watch any scrap of football going, regardless of who was playing. I used to look forward to World Cups and Euros, and would spend the entire day in front of the TV on FA Cup final day. Now I prefer playing to watching, even though the legs are struggling.
Football is sh1t mini rant on 21:07 - Oct 22 with 828 viewsTGRRRSSS

Football is sh1t mini rant on 18:48 - Oct 22 by DylanP

A couple of things:
1. I agree with everything you say about ht egame going to the dogs--money has corrupted the game and there is no getting away from that.

2. It is also possible, that at least part of your changing attitude to football is a result of where you are in your life. As people age their priorities change. It seems to me totally normal that you wouldn't have the same attitude to football at age 40 that you had at age 15.

3. Three decades of QPR will wear down even the strongest of heart. In three decades of QPR they have literally won nothing (unless you consider the Ibiza cup and the second division to be worth mentioning).The more things change, the more they stay the same and so, after a while, your attitude is bound to change (which loops back to number 2, I guess).

4. Having said all that, you are still a season ticket holder and a regular conributor to this messageboard, after all that. It just goes to show that once the Superhoops get to your heart, the passion grips you like a malarial fever and never truely lets go!

And the Championship in 2010-2011. We did get a trophy so we have won something. The League title for the league that we were in.
Football is sh1t mini rant on 23:16 - Oct 22 with 806 viewsspiritofshittu

Football is sh1t mini rant on 21:07 - Oct 22 by TGRRRSSS

And the Championship in 2010-2011. We did get a trophy so we have won something. The League title for the league that we were in.

I don't go anymore. My dad gave his life for our club and honestly if they played in my garden nowadays I still wouldn't go.

Football is poisoned.

Matt Winton
Football is sh1t mini rant on 23:20 - Oct 22 with 801 viewsTGRRRSSS

Football is sh1t mini rant on 23:16 - Oct 22 by spiritofshittu

I don't go anymore. My dad gave his life for our club and honestly if they played in my garden nowadays I still wouldn't go.

Football is poisoned.

Matt Winton

in reading Jordans recent autobiography, he talked of Noades, which reminded me of you guys finding DouDou and Shittu, and Noades moaning to FL.
SAd to see you don't go Matt. Still own Ghost?
Football is sh1t mini rant on 23:43 - Oct 22 with 795 viewsspiritofshittu

Football is sh1t mini rant on 23:20 - Oct 22 by TGRRRSSS

in reading Jordans recent autobiography, he talked of Noades, which reminded me of you guys finding DouDou and Shittu, and Noades moaning to FL.
SAd to see you don't go Matt. Still own Ghost?

Unfortunately the sycophants killed it for me. My dad would be sad that we don't go...but that's life! These days couldn't be further removed from the doudou and shittu days, the fans and the players were so close. I will never forget that time, that will be my lasting memory.
Football is sh1t mini rant on 03:53 - Oct 23 with 770 viewsDylanP

I dont disagree with any of that. Its just that, I love to watch QPR play, I love to wear my Denis the Menace shirt, when I see hoops it makes me smile. There is a lot of bollox that pisses me of. But that aint my thing. QPR are my thing and they still warm my cockles 30 years later!

And, for the record, the Championship winning season was great, fantastic, brilliant, but no, I do not consider winning the second division to be a historic achievement. True, it was the best we could do in that year, but that isn't the point. It just aint all that.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024