Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
State of this board 13:19 - Aug 29 with 1304 viewsColDale

This board has gone a bit on the ugly side in the last week or so. There's too many threads which are developing into personal abuse and I'm sure I'm not alone in not even wanting to post at times given the way threads are developing. This is not a thread saying the only opinions allowed - this has never and never will be an echo chamber and its not one saying only football conversations are allowed, but it can't carry on like this.

Dead simple, if a thread develops into the way where it crosses the line, then I'll start locking threads. I reckon over the years you can count on one hand how many times I've had to do that . We've got Terms and Conditions but we've always tried to moderate with a laissez faire attitude and I want that to continue. There's not a forum in the country which takes such a hands off approach as we do on here. I'm sure you can read through the T+C and say "but what about this?" You're probably right but this isn't a classroom and we don't need "but he did this..."

If locking threads doesn't work, then we may need to take it further. Banning users has to be a very last option but state of the board at the moment is arguably one requiring the last option. So let's see how this goes, and apologies in advance if you think I'm being OTT but it will return to normality soon enough as soon as the board calms down.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/page/terms-and-conditions<loc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024