Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill:Tykes will play like Barca 12:46 - Jun 5 with 921 viewsYouTubeDale

He wants to turn Barnsley into Barns-elona according to the tabloids today. Well he is carrying on where he left off at the Dale. I am hoping that Chris Dunphy will state this as an aim for the new manager that we can carry on with the same style. Terry Butcher comments in the same paper that players such as Messi would not have been given a chance at most English clubs because of his size. The style is not to lump it into the box but find your man in the box (and therefore size doesn't matter) - just like the Dale were trying under Hillcroft. Play quick possession football again and I will be happy. Done and Gray fit better under a play-it-along-the-ground football style too (although Gray isn't bad with his diving headers!).
I only watched the second half of the England game yesterday. I noticed throughout that the England players were slow to close down the Swiss players which gave them more time to find their pass. On the other hand the Swiss players closed us down immediately which forced our passes, often lumping it forward. Another trait of Barca we tried to play was closing the opposition down quickly, a prime example being Southampton at home.

If it aint broken don't fix it.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024