|Rochdale 0 v 2 Shrewsbury Town|
SkyBet League One
Tuesday, 9th March 2021 Kick-off 19:45
Stats Magic: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury
Monday, 8th Mar 2021 14:00 by TVOS1907
TVOS once again brings us the statistical lowdown ahead of Dale's Tuesday night fixture versus Shrewsbury Town.
* Tuesday will be the 54th league game between Dale and Shrewsbury Town and the 27th at Spotland
* Dale have won 16 of the previous 26 home fixtures, losing three times and drawing seven
* Our last home win over Shrewsbury Town came on their most recent visit to Spotland in February 2020, as described at the end of this article
* Dale have won each of their last seven home games versus The Shrews
* Shrewsbury’s last win at Spotland was the infamous game in February 2001 when Luke Rodgers’ hat-trick inspired them to a 7-1 victory. Here’s the action if you fancy a laugh:
* The 13 games between the sides at Spotland since then have seen four draws and nine Dale wins
* Those draws have each been 1-1 scorelines
* The most common result in 53 previous games between Dale and The Shrews is 2-1, which has occurred nine times. Dale have six 2-1 wins, Shrewsbury have three.
* The Shrews are one of only two clubs Dale have played over 50 times in league football without facing them in cup action. Exeter City are the other club.
* Dale’s best win versus Shrewsbury is 5-0, which they achieved at Spotland in their first-ever meeting in September 1950
* Dale visited Gay Meadow twice in the space of five months in 2000 and scored eight goals, winning 4-2 in April and 4-0 in September
* Dale’s leading appearance-maker against The Shrews is Gary Jones, with 13 games in his two spells at the club
* In the current squad, Jim McNulty (9) has made most appearances for Dale versus Shrewsbury
* Dale’s top scorer against Town, with five goals, is Jack Connor
Tyler Smith netted a dramatic late goal to give Dale a 1-0 win over Shrewsbury when they were last at Spotland in February 2020.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]