Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) 21:37 - Jul 10 with 8733 viewsbuilthjack

You never know
[Post edited 10 Jul 2016 21:39]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 08:48 - Jul 11 with 984 viewsperchrockjack

Perch also lucid enough to point out we ve sold paloschi and Eder at a loss after preferring gomis to play. We ve still got gomis in our ranks and his stock is low whereas Eder s is now higher.

Strange really.

Maybe not, as it appears monk caused us some damage but we move on

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 08:49 - Jul 11 with 989 viewsClinton

Great goal and nearly scored with the header from the corner, but other elements of the performance were poor and showed why he wouldn't have cut it for us next season.
He was wandering around like a lost soul at times last night and wasn't making runs and making himself available neither was putting pressure on the ball. On one two man break the full back was busting his gut to make himself available, Eder was ambling forward slower than the guy with the ball and losing ground despite having fresh legs.
Given our lack of punch in the first half of last season, I was surprised he wasn't given more game time, but seeing last nights "performance" I could see exactly why. At times the game was just passing him by.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 09:11 - Jul 11 with 944 viewsjack247

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 08:48 - Jul 11 by perchrockjack

Perch also lucid enough to point out we ve sold paloschi and Eder at a loss after preferring gomis to play. We ve still got gomis in our ranks and his stock is low whereas Eder s is now higher.

Strange really.

Maybe not, as it appears monk caused us some damage but we move on

There was absolutely nothing wrong with moving Eder on. His stock will only be higher for a few days. People will soon realise he wasn't good enough to even challenge Gomis' place in the team. One goal won't change that, it may from a fans perspective, but not from anyone who would actually buy him.

Paloschi, I agree with you on. He wasn't the goal poacher we were expecting, but he had enough about him to have made a serious contribution next season. I'm not that bothered he went, just concerned he wasn't replaced with better. We may pull a rabbit out of the hat this window, but we may well not.

Eder just wasn't good enough and cutting our losses on him was the right call.
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 09:14 - Jul 11 with 935 viewsperchrockjack

Fair comment although I was suggesting thst he wasn't given enough start time whereas gomis has had too much.

We desperately need a lift striker wise

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 09:20 - Jul 11 with 929 viewsjack247

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 09:14 - Jul 11 by perchrockjack

Fair comment although I was suggesting thst he wasn't given enough start time whereas gomis has had too much.

We desperately need a lift striker wise

We can only speculate there, but the people who saw him every day in training clearly didn't rate him. It must have been Curts call to send him and Tabanou to France as he was the only strong link between the two coaching regimes.

There were times under Monk we were crying out to give Gomis a break. The fact we didn't speaks for itself.
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 09:20 - Jul 11 with 929 viewsmonmouth

Every single minute he played for us he was utter dogshit. No pace, no control, no passing ability, and Gomis had more goal threat. One kick changes nothing except the unlucky timing of the sale. If we can't get better players than him, we're probably going down.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 09:57 - Jul 11 with 864 viewsAussieSwan

He'll go down in history for getting the winner, and a great goal it was too... it's something he will (rightly) be very proud of.

Hope he does well in the future but I think it was a case of square peg, round hole with us. We shouldn't let one goal cloud our memories of why we sold him in the first place.

But good on him for getting his name up in lights.

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 10:55 - Jul 11 with 783 viewstomdickharry

Fair play to the bloke excellent goal,wish him all the best with his new club.
Login to get fewer ads

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 11:55 - Jul 11 with 735 viewsGriffting

we could have had Ibra up top for the first part of last season and wouldn't have scored many more goals. Don't envy his position in the team (taking money out of it) at the time. Yesterday he came on and while he didn't show great technical ability, he was strong, won arieal duels, bought fouls, got his team up the pitch and scored the winner. To say he 'showed nothing' yesterday to prove he could cut here is just simply not true. Let's not forget that's him after playing regularly for 5 months, not playing 4/5 minutes here and there when we were frantically chasing a goal or defending a lead, or playing the odd cup game. I'm not saying he should have been a starter but I feel we could have used his time here better, trusted him a bit more. Sent him on with 30/35 minutes to go in a game and shown what he could have done.
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 12:23 - Jul 11 with 711 viewsjasper_T

Come on, now. Ibrahimovich would have been banging them in for us. Gomis was still getting one clear one on one opportunity each game at our worst, and Zlatan probably wouldn't have tripped over the ball.

And maybe got his head on at least a couple of shit Shelvey corners as well.
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 12:33 - Jul 11 with 698 viewsPrivate_Partz

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 23:10 - Jul 10 by dobjack2

Sorry but he looked as bad as any of the other second string strikers we've had. Didn't have much game time admittedly but didn't look to have anything about him when I saw him to suggest he could do a job in this league. Did more in this game as a sub than he did for us.

Not to say he couldn't do a job in another league. He had a decent shot on target and it went in. Shall we sign HRK in the basis of a Cruyff turn?

If HRK had a good season in the top flight in France then I would say we should have a look at him. There was a time when every player that left us had a nose dive in their careers. Now they score winners in one of the top competitions in the world. Don't be surprised to see Franc in the French squad for the World Cup qualifiers either....
[Post edited 11 Jul 2016 12:33]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 12:33 - Jul 11 with 698 viewsjack247

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 11:55 - Jul 11 by Griffting

we could have had Ibra up top for the first part of last season and wouldn't have scored many more goals. Don't envy his position in the team (taking money out of it) at the time. Yesterday he came on and while he didn't show great technical ability, he was strong, won arieal duels, bought fouls, got his team up the pitch and scored the winner. To say he 'showed nothing' yesterday to prove he could cut here is just simply not true. Let's not forget that's him after playing regularly for 5 months, not playing 4/5 minutes here and there when we were frantically chasing a goal or defending a lead, or playing the odd cup game. I'm not saying he should have been a starter but I feel we could have used his time here better, trusted him a bit more. Sent him on with 30/35 minutes to go in a game and shown what he could have done.

People often throw this out as a way of defending Gomis. If we had a striker that could hold the ball up for runners, or create for himself every now and then we would have scored goals.

Bony would have been fine, as would Ibrahimovic, Messi, Lewandowski, Suarez and everyone else who 'couldn't score goals in that team'.
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 12:35 - Jul 11 with 691 viewsAussieSwan

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 11:55 - Jul 11 by Griffting

Agree. Got given the rough end of the stick when Gomis' performances did not warrant a spot on the bench, let alone continual starts

Good luck to him in future but I guess we'll have to wonder what might have been.

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 12:42 - Jul 11 with 681 viewsjack247

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 12:35 - Jul 11 by AussieSwan

Agree. Got given the rough end of the stick when Gomis' performances did not warrant a spot on the bench, let alone continual starts

Good luck to him in future but I guess we'll have to wonder what might have been.

My guess is that he carves out a decent career at Lille or a similar level but never gets beyond it. Then we will know he was just another Schecter/Vasquez/Lita.

Good goal though and what a moment for him. Go down as a national hero
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 12:52 - Jul 11 with 671 viewsGriffting

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 12:33 - Jul 11 by jack247

People often throw this out as a way of defending Gomis. If we had a striker that could hold the ball up for runners, or create for himself every now and then we would have scored goals.

Bony would have been fine, as would Ibrahimovic, Messi, Lewandowski, Suarez and everyone else who 'couldn't score goals in that team'.

Come on now. It's not like our strikers were blasting countless clear cut chance after chance over the bar. I remember some of those games between end of August and monks sacking where I couldn't even remember a clear cut chance. It was absolutely dire. If you're not prepared to spend big on a striker that will create a chance for himself you need a team to supply and play together. I'm not saying Eder is a world beater but put him in a team that plays to his strengths and he would be a completely fine and reasonably effective squad player. His record since leaving showing assists and goals obviously shows he can hold up a ball and bring others into play, and yesterday not everything came off but he definitely influenced the game for the better.
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 13:02 - Jul 11 with 654 viewsjack247

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 12:52 - Jul 11 by Griffting

Come on now. It's not like our strikers were blasting countless clear cut chance after chance over the bar. I remember some of those games between end of August and monks sacking where I couldn't even remember a clear cut chance. It was absolutely dire. If you're not prepared to spend big on a striker that will create a chance for himself you need a team to supply and play together. I'm not saying Eder is a world beater but put him in a team that plays to his strengths and he would be a completely fine and reasonably effective squad player. His record since leaving showing assists and goals obviously shows he can hold up a ball and bring others into play, and yesterday not everything came off but he definitely influenced the game for the better.

The way we played back then was Monks system designed to get the best out of Gomis with Shelvey playing quarterback and loading the bullets. Montero and Ayew to create a bit of havoc. As soon as teams managed to shackle Shelvey, the system became redundant but we persisted with it.

Had we had a decent striker who could link play and didn't need chances served up on a silver plate we would have been ok. We were poor as a team collectively, but using your example, stick Ibrahimovic in there and he would have scored a hatful. Gylfi and Ayew probably would have done better as well.

I'm not sure we would have even played the diamond that often if we had a decent striker. I'm sure we wouldn't have adopted it if we hadn't sold Bony
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 13:15 - Jul 11 with 633 viewsDafyddHuw

Does this finally knock on the head the urban myth (along with Joe & Ben) that players go downhill after leaving Swansea?
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 13:32 - Jul 11 with 613 viewsGriffting

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 13:02 - Jul 11 by jack247

The way we played back then was Monks system designed to get the best out of Gomis with Shelvey playing quarterback and loading the bullets. Montero and Ayew to create a bit of havoc. As soon as teams managed to shackle Shelvey, the system became redundant but we persisted with it.

Had we had a decent striker who could link play and didn't need chances served up on a silver plate we would have been ok. We were poor as a team collectively, but using your example, stick Ibrahimovic in there and he would have scored a hatful. Gylfi and Ayew probably would have done better as well.

I'm not sure we would have even played the diamond that often if we had a decent striker. I'm sure we wouldn't have adopted it if we hadn't sold Bony

It's interesting you mention Bony. A player that couldn't do anything right in the first 5 months of his career here. A lot of fans wanted him sold, said he was useless etc. I just feel we and many other clubs are far too hasty when getting rid of a player within the first season if things aren't going right. I agree with the comments about monks system, but rather than try play to the strengths of Eder (someone who we brought in as a option) we simply tried to shoe him in. I actually thought some of his link up play was decent with gylfi, just that goal alluded him.
Yeah the Ibra thing was said in jest, about how bad the team were playing at that time. But I still don't envy Eders position in the team at the time. And, i will say again, if you're not prepared to pay for that kind of quality (even half that kind of quality) then it's got to come down to the manager finding a way to play to the strength of the player.
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 13:33 - Jul 11 with 612 viewsjack247

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 22:21 - Jul 10 by Griffting

Probably got about 1 full game for us. Some experts at this club aye. You have to laugh or you'd cry.

Well there are. They are the ones who watch training, pick the team and decide who to send to France on loan.
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 13:36 - Jul 11 with 610 viewsGriffting

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 13:33 - Jul 11 by jack247

Well there are. They are the ones who watch training, pick the team and decide who to send to France on loan.

So are you saying that our transfer policy in the past 18 months has been good?
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 13:36 - Jul 11 with 607 viewsDrizzy

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 13:32 - Jul 11 by Griffting

It's interesting you mention Bony. A player that couldn't do anything right in the first 5 months of his career here. A lot of fans wanted him sold, said he was useless etc. I just feel we and many other clubs are far too hasty when getting rid of a player within the first season if things aren't going right. I agree with the comments about monks system, but rather than try play to the strengths of Eder (someone who we brought in as a option) we simply tried to shoe him in. I actually thought some of his link up play was decent with gylfi, just that goal alluded him.
Yeah the Ibra thing was said in jest, about how bad the team were playing at that time. But I still don't envy Eders position in the team at the time. And, i will say again, if you're not prepared to pay for that kind of quality (even half that kind of quality) then it's got to come down to the manager finding a way to play to the strength of the player.

It was only f*cking imbeciles that wanted Bony gone.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 13:37 - Jul 11 with 606 viewsGriffting

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 13:36 - Jul 11 by Drizzy

I agree.
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 13:56 - Jul 11 with 585 viewsmonmouth

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 13:36 - Jul 11 by Drizzy

Indeed.

I don't think there were a lot though; it was obvious from that beautiful stroked finish against manU that he had something worth nurturing. And as for he couldn't do anything right for five months; well that's just patent nonsense (replying to the post you replied to)

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 14:01 - Jul 11 with 578 viewsjack247

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 13:36 - Jul 11 by Griffting

So are you saying that our transfer policy in the past 18 months has been good?

Not at all. We let Bony go for less than he was worth, didn't replace him and then spanked last seasons transfer budget on Eder and Tabanou.

I'm saying the people who pick the team, who are football experts, at least compared to 99% of fans, didn't rate Eder and didn't pick him.
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 14:06 - Jul 11 with 578 viewsGriffting

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 13:56 - Jul 11 by monmouth

Indeed.

I don't think there were a lot though; it was obvious from that beautiful stroked finish against manU that he had something worth nurturing. And as for he couldn't do anything right for five months; well that's just patent nonsense (replying to the post you replied to)

He had the odd game, but I'd argue by his standards he was relatively inconsistent until January where he really got to grips with the league. His quality was undoubted by most but he needed that time, and games, to get into full flow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024