Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) 21:37 - Jul 10 with 8738 viewsbuilthjack

You never know
[Post edited 10 Jul 2016 21:39]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 14:16 - Jul 11 with 632 viewsperchrockjack

A thread to savour.
Exchanges of opinions without
rancour

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 14:16 - Jul 11 with 633 viewsGriffting

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 14:01 - Jul 11 by jack247

Not at all. We let Bony go for less than he was worth, didn't replace him and then spanked last seasons transfer budget on Eder and Tabanou.

I'm saying the people who pick the team, who are football experts, at least compared to 99% of fans, didn't rate Eder and didn't pick him.

To be honest I'm not so sure I'd even agree with that considering the coaching staff that was here the majority of the time Eder was here.

In fairness, I'm not even saying he's an outstanding player, or that he's even as good as bony etc. I'm just simply saying he should have been given more time and he's certainly not as bad as you are making him out to be.
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 14:21 - Jul 11 with 627 viewsperchrockjack

I'm not sure gomis does in training but Eder must have been truly shocking. There again, so might paloschi

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 14:22 - Jul 11 with 625 viewshobo

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 13:36 - Jul 11 by Drizzy

It was only f*cking imbeciles that wanted Bony gone.

The first couple of months of the season after Bony left, 80% on here were claiming Gomis was a BETTER player than Bony!
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 14:36 - Jul 11 with 611 viewsjasper_T

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 14:01 - Jul 11 by jack247

Not at all. We let Bony go for less than he was worth, didn't replace him and then spanked last seasons transfer budget on Eder and Tabanou.

I'm saying the people who pick the team, who are football experts, at least compared to 99% of fans, didn't rate Eder and didn't pick him.

Gomis was Bony's replacement, as we thought we'd lose Wilf in the summer. Very fortunate to get that extra 6 months out of him.

We would never have spent as much as we did on Gomis without the prospect of a big deal for Bony coming the other way. He's not on 2nd choice money.
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 15:20 - Jul 11 with 579 viewsjack247

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 14:16 - Jul 11 by Griffting

To be honest I'm not so sure I'd even agree with that considering the coaching staff that was here the majority of the time Eder was here.

In fairness, I'm not even saying he's an outstanding player, or that he's even as good as bony etc. I'm just simply saying he should have been given more time and he's certainly not as bad as you are making him out to be.

He had two sets of coaching staff. The first never played him. The second, I'm assuming on Curts recommendation but I could be wrong, shipped him out the first chance they got.

I'm only judging him on the fact he has never been able to compete with Gomis. I agree with you it would be unfair to judge him on 5 minutes every couple of weeks. Not sure what you are judging him on. Either his form in lesser leagues or last night?

To take this to an extreme example, if I trained with the Swabs every day, I wouldn't get in the team, no badly how Gomis was playing. Anyone even approaching PL quality would have.
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 15:41 - Jul 11 with 565 viewsGriffting

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 15:20 - Jul 11 by jack247

He had two sets of coaching staff. The first never played him. The second, I'm assuming on Curts recommendation but I could be wrong, shipped him out the first chance they got.

I'm only judging him on the fact he has never been able to compete with Gomis. I agree with you it would be unfair to judge him on 5 minutes every couple of weeks. Not sure what you are judging him on. Either his form in lesser leagues or last night?

To take this to an extreme example, if I trained with the Swabs every day, I wouldn't get in the team, no badly how Gomis was playing. Anyone even approaching PL quality would have.

I think by the time the latter came in, there had been a mutual agreement about his departure on the condition we brought another player in. My judgement is off what I saw from his little time with us and tracking his progress since he left, which includes last night. As you said previously, Monk had a plan and that revolved around gomis playing up front, so I'm not sure in your scenario it would have mattered who you were and what quality level you had.. Its doubtful you would have seen a subsantial amount of time on the pitch regardless. Gomis was brought in to lead the line for monk, and we got fortunate with bony being able to keep hold of him for an extra 6 months. But as soon as he left Gomis was the main man, which is reflected in his wages.
Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 15:56 - Jul 11 with 553 viewsjack247

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 15:41 - Jul 11 by Griffting

I think by the time the latter came in, there had been a mutual agreement about his departure on the condition we brought another player in. My judgement is off what I saw from his little time with us and tracking his progress since he left, which includes last night. As you said previously, Monk had a plan and that revolved around gomis playing up front, so I'm not sure in your scenario it would have mattered who you were and what quality level you had.. Its doubtful you would have seen a subsantial amount of time on the pitch regardless. Gomis was brought in to lead the line for monk, and we got fortunate with bony being able to keep hold of him for an extra 6 months. But as soon as he left Gomis was the main man, which is reflected in his wages.

Fair enough, just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Couple of (slightly loaded) questions though.

What did you see in his time on the pitch with us? I don't think it's fair to judge on the time he had, but if I was judging on what I did see, id say he was crap.

Do you honestly think Gomis would have stayed in the team, with Monks job in the line, when he went through that awful spell from September onwards, if we had someone better on the bench?
Login to get fewer ads

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 17:43 - Jul 11 with 511 viewsStarsky

Eder-will he get the winner? (n/t) on 14:16 - Jul 11 by perchrockjack

A thread to savour.
Exchanges of opinions without
rancour

Who is Rancour?
And why has he gone!

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024