Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems Tony is planning something?? 18:34 - Aug 27 with 22666 viewsdermyqpr

Taken from a post by an Irish R;

I see uncle Tony and his cronies are increasing the share holding of the club. To the untrained financial eye this looks like the club will receive a cash injection. To those that know business it's a clever move to spread the debt the club is currently in. But the board wrote of that debt I hear you say, true but not true, in fact by increasing the shareholding it spreads the debt and gets the club ready for putting in the shop window. The sooner we are sold the better but who is going to buy a club that is on the brink. Worrying times ahead.
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 22:47 - Aug 28 with 2837 viewsHayesender

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 15:00 - Aug 28 by Antti_Heinola

What shpuld the fans have been doing then? Burning his car? Screaming at him every game? Invading the pitch?

Well Richard Thompson got a shed load of personal abuse for doing far less than uncle bungle.

The fool has been an unmitigated disaster from day one, and I for one can't wait to see the back of the idiot

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 23:04 - Aug 28 with 2793 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I don't really feel the hate for Tony that a lot of others seem too.

He always strikes me as well intentioned and has always tried to do the right thing. It hasn't worked out I know but a lot of his appointments seem to have done well before and since us. Just a bit unlucky really.
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 23:29 - Aug 28 with 2753 viewsTrom

The fact that the debt has largely been converted to equity says a lot in my mind. It's not gone well but they've been quite honourable in terms of taking the losses personally, rather than bankrupting the club. For that I'm grateful.
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 23:58 - Aug 28 with 2720 viewsNortholt_Rs

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 23:29 - Aug 28 by Trom

The fact that the debt has largely been converted to equity says a lot in my mind. It's not gone well but they've been quite honourable in terms of taking the losses personally, rather than bankrupting the club. For that I'm grateful.

I don't think they are in any position to bankrupt the club given their investment to date. More like they are trying to keep the ship afloat in the hope a new buyer comes along to get them out of this s h I t t y mess.... They aren't doing the club or us any favours at all as they simply cannot afford to walk away.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 00:08 - Aug 29 with 2694 viewsLblock

I'm no fan of Bungle (really?)

One word should strike fear into every QPR fan.........

"CATERHAM"

Fank you and good nite

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 07:48 - Aug 29 with 2565 viewsDejR_vu

They didn't do that out of the goodness of their hearts, it was a business decision as part of a strategy to attempt to avoid a massive FFP fine. It was converted to equity so that the ownership reflected how much each of the owners had put in to the club so, theoretically, they have a chance of getting it back (theoretically, as it would mean we would need to be promoted and some Weapon paying a ridiculous amount based upon income). If they'd paid a massive fine they'd have no chance of recovering any of it. It kicks the can down the road.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 09:51 - Aug 29 with 2389 viewsterryb

Other's will know far more than I do about this, but surely if they hadn't have converted the loan they would have risked losing all of their "investment" if the club entered administration?

By converting the loan they stand a chance of recovering the "investment" if/when they sell their share holding?

The conversion was good for the club & for the owners, but honourable? I don't think so. Just a good business decision.
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:02 - Aug 29 with 2374 viewsnadera78

It's pretty obvious that TF and Co have been a disastrous ownership group, making one mistake after another from the first day they walked into the building. In truth, they were only in the position to be so foolish because Paladini and his friends had stripped the club entirely bare of anyone competent and knowledgable (and, importantly, with a care and connection to QPR) before they came along. The club was an empty vessel and TF took it on and filled it with crap.

I suspect that when they do sell the club they will keep hold of the parcels of land they've managed to buy at Old Oak, one of which they've already got planning permission for. Building flats on them will enable them to recoup the money they've lost, so they'll be ok, but not with the £billion windfall they expected to enjoy.

QPR, on the other hand, will still be in a dilapidated stadium (that I love) and renting two training grounds both of which are shared with students. And, of course, we'll have a whole new group of owners to assess and come to terms with.
Login to get fewer ads

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:04 - Aug 29 with 2365 viewspaulparker

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 22:47 - Aug 28 by Hayesender

Well Richard Thompson got a shed load of personal abuse for doing far less than uncle bungle.

The fool has been an unmitigated disaster from day one, and I for one can't wait to see the back of the idiot

this a 100%
id lump him with chris wright , Briatore, paladini , and Thompson as a useless owner
TF is an attention seeking cretin who couldn't run a bath let alone a football club
everything he touches is a disaster once is unlucky but to keep repeating the same mistakes is foolish and incompetent , he was in it for OOC plain and simple and made such a pigs ear of things you wouldn't know where to start
still he buys a few idiots a few beers in the sprinkbok , sends a few tweets and all of sudden he is our best chairmen ever , laughable

im with you Hayes I cant wait to see the back of him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:13 - Aug 29 with 2344 viewsNorthernr

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:04 - Aug 29 by paulparker

this a 100%
id lump him with chris wright , Briatore, paladini , and Thompson as a useless owner
TF is an attention seeking cretin who couldn't run a bath let alone a football club
everything he touches is a disaster once is unlucky but to keep repeating the same mistakes is foolish and incompetent , he was in it for OOC plain and simple and made such a pigs ear of things you wouldn't know where to start
still he buys a few idiots a few beers in the sprinkbok , sends a few tweets and all of sudden he is our best chairmen ever , laughable

im with you Hayes I cant wait to see the back of him

While I agree he's been rubbish, you've got to ask yourself what sort of person would be interested in buying a club with our stadium, overheads and ticket income, coming towards the end of parachute payments. It'll only be another moron from the Far East with more money than sense and we'll do what Wolves are doing - might work, might destroy us. Or it'll be somebody in it purely for the money they could make developing 'Loftus Close - an exclusive gated development of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom luxury apartments and houses'.
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:14 - Aug 29 with 2339 viewsGloucs_R

The club is no further forward than it was 10 years ago. TF made a load of mistakes, spent a fortune but we seem to be heading in the right direction now.

I'll judge him at the end of his term with us on the following:

Training ground
Stadium
Infrastructure
League performance

Poll: Are we staying up?

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:36 - Aug 29 with 2303 viewspaulparker

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:13 - Aug 29 by Northernr

While I agree he's been rubbish, you've got to ask yourself what sort of person would be interested in buying a club with our stadium, overheads and ticket income, coming towards the end of parachute payments. It'll only be another moron from the Far East with more money than sense and we'll do what Wolves are doing - might work, might destroy us. Or it'll be somebody in it purely for the money they could make developing 'Loftus Close - an exclusive gated development of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom luxury apartments and houses'.

on the flip side the people at Brentford seem to have had the right ideas from the off bar the sacking of Warburton, but they have a worst stadium than us etc ,
Leicester were in financial trouble when their thai owners bought them, look at that club now , WBA have far east ownership and they are still being run well
we may get lucky we may not , but given half the chance TF would have had loftus road made into houses whilst we play in the Air Asia stadium surrounded by Frankie & bennies, plastic fans and luxury offices , lucky for us he is incompetent , he cant even secure us a training ground or deal with a load of dog walkers , could you imagine Daniel levy dealing with the plums at warren farm

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:54 - Aug 29 with 2252 viewsNorthernr

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:36 - Aug 29 by paulparker

on the flip side the people at Brentford seem to have had the right ideas from the off bar the sacking of Warburton, but they have a worst stadium than us etc ,
Leicester were in financial trouble when their thai owners bought them, look at that club now , WBA have far east ownership and they are still being run well
we may get lucky we may not , but given half the chance TF would have had loftus road made into houses whilst we play in the Air Asia stadium surrounded by Frankie & bennies, plastic fans and luxury offices , lucky for us he is incompetent , he cant even secure us a training ground or deal with a load of dog walkers , could you imagine Daniel levy dealing with the plums at warren farm

yeh can't argue with that. we're not lucky though are we?
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:56 - Aug 29 with 2239 viewsHooparoo

Bring back Amit. Surely he must be sick of sitting up the back of the bus by now?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:58 - Aug 29 with 2233 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:54 - Aug 29 by Northernr

yeh can't argue with that. we're not lucky though are we?

We never have been.
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 11:02 - Aug 29 with 2222 viewsTonto

A question to those opposed to Tony. What exactly is it you want from the chairman?

I worry that most of this "Tony out" stuff is driven by Chelsea/Man U/Man City like expectations of financial spend.

Or is it "get in better managers" - but then again I recall the clamour for Harry Redknapp - very much the popular choice, at the time but now that's another bad decision. Mark Hughes has an excellent CV everywhere except at LR.

Or is it "where are the facilities" (traingin ground/stadium etc.) in which case people really should get a better understanding of the length of time the planning process in this country takes.

Or should we start to realise that as the 7th/8th biggest club in the city, we really aren't going to compete in this new mega money football world and perhaps we should go back to the team we have been for at least 40 of my 47 years on this earth...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 11:38 - Aug 29 with 2160 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 11:02 - Aug 29 by Tonto

A question to those opposed to Tony. What exactly is it you want from the chairman?

I worry that most of this "Tony out" stuff is driven by Chelsea/Man U/Man City like expectations of financial spend.

Or is it "get in better managers" - but then again I recall the clamour for Harry Redknapp - very much the popular choice, at the time but now that's another bad decision. Mark Hughes has an excellent CV everywhere except at LR.

Or is it "where are the facilities" (traingin ground/stadium etc.) in which case people really should get a better understanding of the length of time the planning process in this country takes.

Or should we start to realise that as the 7th/8th biggest club in the city, we really aren't going to compete in this new mega money football world and perhaps we should go back to the team we have been for at least 40 of my 47 years on this earth...

What do we want from m a chairman?

Tony Pony spunked half a billion to bring us to a worse place than we started. So a bit of financial competence would be a start. Then I'd like someone who has at least some clue about football at the helm and failing that; then someone sufficiently savvy to not have to spend a shed load of money, regularly being incapable of spotting a charlatan and two relegations to wise up.

Also, someone without the propensity to make himself look a total fool on twitter is a prerequisite in my book. His handling of OOC was poor and merely reinforced my view that he's ego as much as his foolishness has been at the root of our undoing, and we're likely to be paying for it for years to come.

Like a lot of people, I/we can chart the day common sense and business acumen left the building as the day Amit exited. His appearance in the pre-season meting in KL was relief that he's around.

However, I will say this: even if we had a top-notch sensible person at the helm, making what good and better decisions; id still expect a large number of Rfosi to demand rashness shall we say. Which comes back to my overall view that anyone who'd buy a football club has something wrong with them on some level.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 11:39 - Aug 29 with 2160 viewspaulparker

well for a start a chairmen who didn't waste 250 million
a chairman who didn't sack the league winning manager for a kunt in mark hughes
a chairman who then thought employing Harry redknapp was a good idea and still persisted with him when we played the worst ever football on a budget of 70 million,
who plays fifa with loric remy
a chairman who let our 20 goal a season striker run down his contract so we sell him for 4 million
who talks absolute bollox on twitter , "dream manager " anyone ?? or how about a 20 million Nike contract ??
a chairman who still hasn't sorted out a training ground despite being here 5 plus years and promising us one from the off
a chairmen so weak that he let parasites like Kia joorchabin, willie mackay and phil beard take him for a mug
a chairman who is so inept he hasn't a clue what to do long term
a chairman who thought he had secured the land on OOC but hadn't and has now alienated everyone who owns it and any chance of a new stadium being built
a man who has taken the championship winners and nearly turned them into a league 1 club

its got nothing to do with being a man utd or city or spending stupid money , its about not being incompetent , its about having a plan in place , being sensible , and not gambling the clubs future on allowing the likes of harry redknapp lumber us with sandro for 3 years , Brentfords owners have had less time than fernades has yet they are miles in front of us now, they will have a decent stadium, decent set up , good manager
as ive said before could you imagine Daniel levy and the warren farm campaigners and how he would deal with it ?
yes TF is lovely man, he has a wonderful smile oh and he gave us a nice badge and he bought a few half wits half a larger other than that he is a clown
think of this he has had 2 bites of the premier league cherry now , he could have secured us forever with the finances if he ran us right, now the likes of Bournmouth ,Watford , crystal palace , Huddersfield and Burnley are on different planets to us when it comes to football so your theory on us saying we cannot compete in this mega money world of football are flawed , we had 2 chances under TF and he fcuked it up

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 11:52 - Aug 29 with 2130 viewsPunteR

If Tony is thinking of selling the club now without even a shovel going into the ground then that really shows his full intentions.
His heart has never fully been in it and it was all about premier league money and exposure.
The Old Oak thing was an absolute farce from day one and quite frankly embarrassing. We even had images of what the new 40,000 seater stadium would look like on the official QPR website without anything being agreed. It just raised expectations but failed to deliver.
If they are now conducting the developments behind closed doors now and getting deals done than fair enough, I'll hold my hands up and admit i was wrong about the owners. But my hunch is that they're just mothballing the bigger projects(stadium, training ground) and just letting us tick over until someone with a wad of cash comes along.
Some would probably say thats fine and would prefer to keep things as they are, but the reality is we will just slide further and further away from the other clubs in London that are trying to improve their infrastructure and status.
We have some of the richest men in the world running the club so its hardly surprising that fans want to see improvements on the pitch and off it.
The first thing that needs to improve imo is the training ground. Even if that has to move further out of London. There are plenty of plots to develop on. Better coaches better facilities is a good starting point.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 12:03 - Aug 29 with 2101 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 11:39 - Aug 29 by paulparker

well for a start a chairmen who didn't waste 250 million
a chairman who didn't sack the league winning manager for a kunt in mark hughes
a chairman who then thought employing Harry redknapp was a good idea and still persisted with him when we played the worst ever football on a budget of 70 million,
who plays fifa with loric remy
a chairman who let our 20 goal a season striker run down his contract so we sell him for 4 million
who talks absolute bollox on twitter , "dream manager " anyone ?? or how about a 20 million Nike contract ??
a chairman who still hasn't sorted out a training ground despite being here 5 plus years and promising us one from the off
a chairmen so weak that he let parasites like Kia joorchabin, willie mackay and phil beard take him for a mug
a chairman who is so inept he hasn't a clue what to do long term
a chairman who thought he had secured the land on OOC but hadn't and has now alienated everyone who owns it and any chance of a new stadium being built
a man who has taken the championship winners and nearly turned them into a league 1 club

its got nothing to do with being a man utd or city or spending stupid money , its about not being incompetent , its about having a plan in place , being sensible , and not gambling the clubs future on allowing the likes of harry redknapp lumber us with sandro for 3 years , Brentfords owners have had less time than fernades has yet they are miles in front of us now, they will have a decent stadium, decent set up , good manager
as ive said before could you imagine Daniel levy and the warren farm campaigners and how he would deal with it ?
yes TF is lovely man, he has a wonderful smile oh and he gave us a nice badge and he bought a few half wits half a larger other than that he is a clown
think of this he has had 2 bites of the premier league cherry now , he could have secured us forever with the finances if he ran us right, now the likes of Bournmouth ,Watford , crystal palace , Huddersfield and Burnley are on different planets to us when it comes to football so your theory on us saying we cannot compete in this mega money world of football are flawed , we had 2 chances under TF and he fcuked it up

When people say a quarter of a billion/£250m, they always forget that's debt and it doesn't take into account the income we generated and also spent!

So, when you think that since the day he arrived until the end of the parachute payments next year, these were the years that the club earned the most money probably, in it's entire history. I conservatively put this at another £250m (TV money, gates, sponsorship etc.).

So for my money, it makes his management even worse because he's not only wasted all the income, but he's spunked another £250m to get us back into the Championship....not once, but twice!!!

Honestly, the man is a disaster and this notion this 'he's a nice fellow nonsense' is just drivel in my book when stacked up against the mound of money he's spent to get us absolutely nowhere.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 13:49 - Aug 29 with 1928 viewsTonto

I suppose this must be all about the eye of the beholder in that case.

Has he done well? Well it depends upon how you measure it...

I remember the club having buckets for supporters to put their money in to keep us going until the next week - we are miles away form that.

I see a chairman who has backed his manager(s) with the money to buy the players they wanted. Hindsight has suggested that was a mistake, but I didn't see too many people protesting that we had bought player x or y at the time...

I see a chairman who brought in a hugely popular manager who again with hindsight is now lambasted. but I will give you the error for getting rid of Warnock.

I see a club bogged down in the planning process by an opposition (no matter how small they are) who are carrying on in their opposition through the pre-defined (and time consuming) legal process .

Twitter? OK I'll give you that, although I don't use it myself.

but be careful what you wish for. there are very few good chairman out there who are basically willing to do everything you do. At the end of the day it is TF's money and he is the one who takes responsibility for losing it - but don't deny he has tried. I would rather someone who tried and failed than couldn't give a monkeys and was only interested in the development opportunity of LR.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 14:19 - Aug 29 with 1884 viewsNortholt_Rs

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:58 - Aug 29 by CroydonCaptJack

We never have been.

Wembley? Just saying...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 14:20 - Aug 29 with 1879 viewsactonman

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 13:49 - Aug 29 by Tonto

I remember the club having buckets for supporters to put their money in to keep us going until the next week - we are miles away form that.

I see a chairman who has backed his manager(s) with the money to buy the players they wanted. Hindsight has suggested that was a mistake, but I didn't see too many people protesting that we had bought player x or y at the time...

I see a chairman who brought in a hugely popular manager who again with hindsight is now lambasted. but I will give you the error for getting rid of Warnock.

I see a club bogged down in the planning process by an opposition (no matter how small they are) who are carrying on in their opposition through the pre-defined (and time consuming) legal process .

but be careful what you wish for. there are very few good chairman out there who are basically willing to do everything you do. At the end of the day it is TF's money and he is the one who takes responsibility for losing it - but don't deny he has tried. I would rather someone who tried and failed than couldn't give a monkeys and was only interested in the development opportunity of LR.

Does it really matter what tony does ? He could sell the club to bill gates and mark zuckerberg and we would probably still bankrupt the pair of them and end up in league 1.

Can't argue, he's been a disaster and a prime example of someone digging themselfs into a hole and keeps digging.

Careful what you wish for but even now we have stopped spending , going from 1 extreme to another, we will end up going backwards.

We are like a house in one of them diy disaster programs where the builder has gone bust and left half a shell and the occupants in the sh!t.

The local handyman (olly) coming out of retirement getting bits from the tip ain't going to solve this carcass anytime soon so we're fcuked either way.

That wasn't directly aimed at you're post tonto, pressed the wrong button
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 14:23]
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 14:22 - Aug 29 with 1875 viewsterryb

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 13:49 - Aug 29 by Tonto

You see, this is where we differ.

Firstly, it is Tune's money. Not TF's. Whether that makes any difference I don't know.

More important is your last sentence. It has been my view for a long time that this is exactly why Tune bought Queens Park Rangers. To develop their own business interests & if possible, to become involved in selling Loftus Road & being major investor's in property development.

This is just an oppinion, as is your's that he has the club's best interests at heart.

IMO Tune are now running the club how they should have been from the moment of purchase.
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 15:03 - Aug 29 with 1819 viewsTonto

Tune is a privately held company. So whilst I am sure there is more than one shareholder, it is a limited number of people using their own money, so to all intents and purposes it if wholly or partly TF's money.

Tune are also a partner of the Football League, which suggests they are not a bunch of asset stripping developers out to destroy the club.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024