Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems Tony is planning something?? 18:34 - Aug 27 with 22792 viewsdermyqpr

Taken from a post by an Irish R;

I see uncle Tony and his cronies are increasing the share holding of the club. To the untrained financial eye this looks like the club will receive a cash injection. To those that know business it's a clever move to spread the debt the club is currently in. But the board wrote of that debt I hear you say, true but not true, in fact by increasing the shareholding it spreads the debt and gets the club ready for putting in the shop window. The sooner we are sold the better but who is going to buy a club that is on the brink. Worrying times ahead.
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 12:24 - Sep 1 with 2487 viewsdanehoop

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 11:50 - Sep 1 by PunteR

There's still an element of uncertainty even now. No one really knows TF intentions atm. Holloways job looks ok for now but as we all know anything can happen.
Has TF got a long term plan for the club or is he making it up as he goes along..?
Judging by the last 6 years, he's making it up as he goes along.
How can anyone be certain the club is in good hands now and for the future and that new owners will be so much worse, baffles me.

TF now appears to be reverting to his normal business model through Hoos and Ferdinands appointments in hiring in good people and backing them.

He has been clear about building sustainability for long term, we have seen that though the completely revised U23 and youth set up, improved scouting network etc. I think that he is serious too about the investment in the new training facilities and provided the Brentford supporting nimby's final final final appeal goes the way of the previous ones, we should start to see progress there as well.

Part of this is driven by FFP and the realisation that solely pissing money away on expensive signings without sorting out longer term foundations is unlikely to provide anything other than short term spikes of success which wont be sustained.

That the money which has been wasted to this point has largely been written off as equity conversion to this point and isnt held against the club as debt is also a fairly amazing approach that is very unlikely to be replicated by new onwers.

I think that Fernandes has genuinely got the bug for QPR and is a fan. That arguably is his greatest strength and weakness. As a weakness it meant that he was willing to spend cash that with hindsight and greater objectivity he knows he shouldnt have done. As a strength he is demonstrably in it for the long term (6 years so far) and does genuinely want us to progress and succeed.

I think that is where it is interesting to compare and contrast with Amit, who also became a fan, was first and foremost a business man and never lost sight of that in looking after his and his father in laws investment. I think that Fernandes has in many respects ended up 5 years later much closer to where Amit wanted us to go, and it was intersting to see in some of the pre-season pictures that Amit was still engaged at the club. With Fernandes now taking a step back and leaving it to Reuban to represent his and Tune Groups interests and working trhough Hoos and Sir Les, with the Mittals still contributing through Amit, we do seem to be in good hands.

On balance it also seems less likely that we would find such sympathetic and supportive new owners willing to buy, what is in essence a struggling small Championship side with poor stadium facilities, no owned training ground and limited player assets. It may happen though, but my advice would still be careful what you wish for - the Flavio and Bernie boutique, Paladini's circus years and the ABC loan were definitely not good for supporters or the club. I suspect that we would be far more likely to end up down similar rabbit holes than where we are now.

Never knowingly understood

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 12:49 - Sep 1 with 2444 viewsfrancisbowles

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 12:08 - Sep 1 by paulparker

Your wasting your time PunteR , the masses think TF is the best thing since slice bread
as long as he twitters away and get the lagers in down the springbok, he is all good

there is an old saying "bullsh1t baffles brains" and tony has the bullsh1t factor down to a tee ,

No one is saying the future is certain under Tony but we at last have a plan. Let's try sticking to it.
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 12:59 - Sep 1 with 2422 viewsAntti_Heinola

Your wasting your time PunteR , the masses think TF is the best thing since slice bread
as long as he twitters away and get the lagers in down the springbok, he is all good

there is an old saying "bullsh1t baffles brains" and tony has the bullsh1t factor down to a tee ,

I suspect if you asked every regular QPR fan to rate Tony on 1-5 as:
1. Best thing since sliced bread
2. Very good
3. OK - made plenty of mistakes, but done some good things too, hopeful for future
4. Could be worse I suppose, but not much
5. Absolutely dreadful

You'd get roughly these results:

1. 0%
2. 15%
3. 65%
4. 19%
5. 1%

People aren't as stupid as you think they are, and a few terrace songs and some people bowing in front of him does not equal 'the masses'. Not a single person on this thread thinks he's even 1 or 2 on that scale - I don't know about bullsh!t baffling brains, but your weirdness baffles mine.

Bare bones.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 13:56 - Sep 1 with 2359 viewspaulparker

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 12:59 - Sep 1 by Antti_Heinola

I suspect if you asked every regular QPR fan to rate Tony on 1-5 as:
1. Best thing since sliced bread
2. Very good
3. OK - made plenty of mistakes, but done some good things too, hopeful for future
4. Could be worse I suppose, but not much
5. Absolutely dreadful

You'd get roughly these results:

1. 0%
2. 15%
3. 65%
4. 19%
5. 1%

People aren't as stupid as you think they are, and a few terrace songs and some people bowing in front of him does not equal 'the masses'. Not a single person on this thread thinks he's even 1 or 2 on that scale - I don't know about bullsh!t baffling brains, but your weirdness baffles mine.

You maybe right because we have some proper sad cases following this club who cannot think or engage their brain to the damage done by Sir Tony (QPRs best ever chairman BTW as said on here numerous times ) who bow to him or hang around the springbok hoping to get half a larger and who then chant "tony fernades "
if he didn't have a lovely smile and a cuddly nature im pretty sure he would have copped more stick that the odd twitter troll
you can go on about his past mistakes and how he is learning and how he is in for the long haul , how the new training ground is almost there , blah , blah , blah , as per every TF interview , believe all that sh1t all you want , call me weird because I have a different opinion than you, because at the end of the day the facts speak for themselves you could write a book of the fcuks ups by him and it still would need an extra 3 volumes and there is more to come by him
I bet you £20 that when he sells the club there still wont be a stadium in the pipeline , we still will be in debt, and the dog walkers of warren farm will still have their fields

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 14:21 - Sep 1 with 2310 viewsAntti_Heinola

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 13:56 - Sep 1 by paulparker

You maybe right because we have some proper sad cases following this club who cannot think or engage their brain to the damage done by Sir Tony (QPRs best ever chairman BTW as said on here numerous times ) who bow to him or hang around the springbok hoping to get half a larger and who then chant "tony fernades "
if he didn't have a lovely smile and a cuddly nature im pretty sure he would have copped more stick that the odd twitter troll
you can go on about his past mistakes and how he is learning and how he is in for the long haul , how the new training ground is almost there , blah , blah , blah , as per every TF interview , believe all that sh1t all you want , call me weird because I have a different opinion than you, because at the end of the day the facts speak for themselves you could write a book of the fcuks ups by him and it still would need an extra 3 volumes and there is more to come by him
I bet you £20 that when he sells the club there still wont be a stadium in the pipeline , we still will be in debt, and the dog walkers of warren farm will still have their fields

i didn't call you weird because of your opinion on TF, which I think is a valid, if harsh one to hold (but your opinions tend not to be particularly moderate on anything, so it's only to be expected). I called you weird because of your notion that the majority or the masses think TF walks on water, when they demonstrably don't. Most people just have a more measured overview than you, and there's nothing wrong with that. There's no need to get cross about it.
Look at it this way. Right over there in the top corner of the School End ar the fans who've made it down from, say, Cheltenham, for a cup game. That's you and the few who think he's an absolute clown. Nothing wrong with that, that's your opinion.
Then way over there, around Q Block, are the ones who sing his name and like it when he buys them a pint. Nothing wrong with that, either. Who doesn't like someone they can have a drink with?
Then in the middle, packed out in the Ellerslie and the SA Stand is everyone else, who basically think he's wasted a lot of money, tried to run before he can walk, shouldn't have sacked Warnock, shouldn't have appointed Hughes or Redknapp, but on the other hand has backed his managers in the transfer market, which we had been begging for for years, more than likely wants what's best for the club, has been thwarted on Warren Farm through no real fault of his own, and who look at the owners of countless other clubs who really are genuine evil (former Orient owners, former Donny owners, current Hull owners, former Leeds owners etc etc we all know the list) and think - well, he's definitely not like those cnts.

Those people are most people. Not the ones in Q Block.

Bare bones.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 14:35 - Sep 1 with 2282 viewsstevec

Can understand both sides of this, but TF needs to start delivering on his promises.

Meanwhile his waffle just appears to cover up the lack of movement on a stadium and training ground. It's also a convenient excuse to do nothing to improve a ground that has seen no improvements despite considerable sums from excursions in the PL.

The perception is of a man who has given up. Sadly, he is no Jim Gregory.
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 15:01 - Sep 1 with 2253 viewspaulparker

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 14:21 - Sep 1 by Antti_Heinola

i didn't call you weird because of your opinion on TF, which I think is a valid, if harsh one to hold (but your opinions tend not to be particularly moderate on anything, so it's only to be expected). I called you weird because of your notion that the majority or the masses think TF walks on water, when they demonstrably don't. Most people just have a more measured overview than you, and there's nothing wrong with that. There's no need to get cross about it.
Look at it this way. Right over there in the top corner of the School End ar the fans who've made it down from, say, Cheltenham, for a cup game. That's you and the few who think he's an absolute clown. Nothing wrong with that, that's your opinion.
Then way over there, around Q Block, are the ones who sing his name and like it when he buys them a pint. Nothing wrong with that, either. Who doesn't like someone they can have a drink with?
Then in the middle, packed out in the Ellerslie and the SA Stand is everyone else, who basically think he's wasted a lot of money, tried to run before he can walk, shouldn't have sacked Warnock, shouldn't have appointed Hughes or Redknapp, but on the other hand has backed his managers in the transfer market, which we had been begging for for years, more than likely wants what's best for the club, has been thwarted on Warren Farm through no real fault of his own, and who look at the owners of countless other clubs who really are genuine evil (former Orient owners, former Donny owners, current Hull owners, former Leeds owners etc etc we all know the list) and think - well, he's definitely not like those cnts.

Those people are most people. Not the ones in Q Block.

i never said he was Evil I said he was an incompetent, useless, ego maniac , who has built the foundations of QPR on sand and bullsh1t , he will leave us in a worse position than what he found us in that's for sure , if the asset strippers of say a leeds board came a calling he would sell us for his piece of silver no questions, I cant see why people cannot see that

I do take your point on peoples opinions , which is fair do's what I cant understand is the notion that we are better off sticking with Fernades when he quite clearly isn't up to the job, he has been here 6 years nearly and we are in a worse of a state than any od us could ever imagined , we had a real chance to actually build something and lay the foundations for the future of QPR it was never about blowing millions it was about training grounds, academies and leaving a legacy , there has never been a plan A , B or C with tony fernades its all about "it will be alright on the night " lets blag our way through it imo he is just as bad as Thompson, Wright, Paladini and tango & cash although Briatore I think may have had us run like Watford , but that's a different argument for another day

I also don't get this "he backed the managers , so its not his fault " argument either its a pathetic excuse for him
if your going to invest , do your homework, its basic principles , if you buy a car you don't go in and buy the most expensive or listen to the car salesman giving you verbal's , you do your homework, you look around and get opinions that's what he should have done as an owner even a man with limited football knowledge as him would have known that Sandro was a crock yet we blew 8 million on him , he brought in caulker who had problems with drinking, Bosvvanker who couldn't be bothered , Barton who was a loud mouth trouble maker who no one would touch, Andy Johnson who was a cripple, Bobby Zamora with a dodgy hip, and the less said about Zarate the better , is he really that stupid to hand over his money to Harry fckukin redknapp is he really that thick to believe the likes of Kia Joorchabin or willie mackay ? or to think Mark Hughes would take us to the next level
how many millions as a club have we wasted on agent fees , we could most likely bought warren farm twice over

and talking of warren farm as ive said numerous times could you imagine Daniel levy dealing with the dog walkers ,
and if it was held up for so long then look for alternative sites , I just cant believe people are ready to just go its not his fault , its 6 years since he has been here and we still train on a park
we are being run well now not because of him but because we need to , because FFP could kill us , because we have no cash , I still cannot believe fans are so easily duped by him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 15:03 - Sep 1 with 2245 viewsTacticalR

I think that there is a danger that without real information we are reduced to inspired guesswork and end up filling in the gaps according to our inclinations.

I have felt all along that the key to understanding Fernandes is understanding the economic and political situation in Malaysia. Both Fernandes and Gnanalingam appear to be involved in monopolist or semi-monopolistic businesses (airlines, ports) created from state assets. It seems to me that one reason Fernandes has struggled to get things done in Britain is that he simply does not have the connections in Britain that he has in Malaysia. West Ham and the warm blanket of state support really would have been ideal for him, and was perhaps what gave him the idea of getting involved in football.

In one of our previous discussions about Fernandes (back in 2013) in the last post in the thread I linked to Malaysian luckycharm's assessment of Fernandes on QPR Report:

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term
TF restates his commitment to the Long Term by YorkRanger 18 Mar 2013 13:06
http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/180313-tony-my-lifelong-commitment-721625.aspx

It's worth reading through all luckycharm's posts on the QPR Report thread ('Why Fernandes pulled the trigger'). He seems quite positive about Fernandes, although in his final post he does ask the question: "how did a nobody music executive get a licence to run a low-cost airline and the bank loans to finance it?"

Why Fernandes pulled the trigger
http://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/28831

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 15:14 - Sep 1 with 2223 viewsloftus77

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 12:24 - Sep 1 by danehoop

TF now appears to be reverting to his normal business model through Hoos and Ferdinands appointments in hiring in good people and backing them.

He has been clear about building sustainability for long term, we have seen that though the completely revised U23 and youth set up, improved scouting network etc. I think that he is serious too about the investment in the new training facilities and provided the Brentford supporting nimby's final final final appeal goes the way of the previous ones, we should start to see progress there as well.

Part of this is driven by FFP and the realisation that solely pissing money away on expensive signings without sorting out longer term foundations is unlikely to provide anything other than short term spikes of success which wont be sustained.

That the money which has been wasted to this point has largely been written off as equity conversion to this point and isnt held against the club as debt is also a fairly amazing approach that is very unlikely to be replicated by new onwers.

I think that Fernandes has genuinely got the bug for QPR and is a fan. That arguably is his greatest strength and weakness. As a weakness it meant that he was willing to spend cash that with hindsight and greater objectivity he knows he shouldnt have done. As a strength he is demonstrably in it for the long term (6 years so far) and does genuinely want us to progress and succeed.

I think that is where it is interesting to compare and contrast with Amit, who also became a fan, was first and foremost a business man and never lost sight of that in looking after his and his father in laws investment. I think that Fernandes has in many respects ended up 5 years later much closer to where Amit wanted us to go, and it was intersting to see in some of the pre-season pictures that Amit was still engaged at the club. With Fernandes now taking a step back and leaving it to Reuban to represent his and Tune Groups interests and working trhough Hoos and Sir Les, with the Mittals still contributing through Amit, we do seem to be in good hands.

On balance it also seems less likely that we would find such sympathetic and supportive new owners willing to buy, what is in essence a struggling small Championship side with poor stadium facilities, no owned training ground and limited player assets. It may happen though, but my advice would still be careful what you wish for - the Flavio and Bernie boutique, Paladini's circus years and the ABC loan were definitely not good for supporters or the club. I suspect that we would be far more likely to end up down similar rabbit holes than where we are now.

Agree with a lot of this, Dane, which mirrors my view on the Fernandes era (thus far).

I'm still very pro-Fernandes, but the only thing that irks me about Tony every time in this debate is the third para, when you say:

"Part of this is driven by FFP and the realisation that solely pissing money away on expensive signings without sorting out longer term foundations is unlikely to provide anything other than short term spikes of success which wont be sustained."

As I've said in previous posts, shouldn't Tony (and his advisers) have done his homework before his invested millions and worked this out for himself? I could have given him this little bit of advice for nothing in August 2011 - every Rangers fan on this site could have done and thousands more.

Its not being wise after the event, it was bleeding obvious to anyone then with a cursory knowledge of QPR history. A real shame (tragedy) that Tony is apparently seeing it now not then.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 15:16]
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 16:04 - Sep 1 with 2175 viewsdanehoop

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 15:14 - Sep 1 by loftus77

Agree with a lot of this, Dane, which mirrors my view on the Fernandes era (thus far).

I'm still very pro-Fernandes, but the only thing that irks me about Tony every time in this debate is the third para, when you say:

"Part of this is driven by FFP and the realisation that solely pissing money away on expensive signings without sorting out longer term foundations is unlikely to provide anything other than short term spikes of success which wont be sustained."

As I've said in previous posts, shouldn't Tony (and his advisers) have done his homework before his invested millions and worked this out for himself? I could have given him this little bit of advice for nothing in August 2011 - every Rangers fan on this site could have done and thousands more.

Its not being wise after the event, it was bleeding obvious to anyone then with a cursory knowledge of QPR history. A real shame (tragedy) that Tony is apparently seeing it now not then.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 15:16]

Fair challege. I point you to my previous (far too long, sorry) post on Fernandes business model, especially when going into a new busines area which is to retain/hire in acknowledged experts/well regaded managers in their field and then generally support them to deliver. He did that in hiring in both Hughes and Redknapp - well known and apparently highly regarded managers. Only discovering after the event that football doesnt work the way that normal business do and some managers will gladly pish away your money on a seemingly endless group of new signings for no obvious return.

He also hired in a well regarded venue and events manager from the O2 to manage Loftus Road - again only to discover that a football club requires more than that skill to be effective.

On that realisation he has learnt and responded with Sir Les as a DoF and a proven football CEO in Lee Hoos. So he has learnt. The Training Ground will i think appear and will be a great thing for the club and the local community. The new ground is a much bigger ask and I think again Fernandes was poorly advised on the approach at the outset for OOC, and we are now seeing what are more rationale plans emerging.

One thing we need to remember about Fernandes style is that he models himself on Richard Branson. So he will put himself out there quite a lot on social media to personally champion something or get his message out. unlike Branson, who has a very slick media department to work things through, on occasion Fernandes gets it wrong I think, in part because I suspect he thinks like a fan perhaps more than the business man.

Never knowingly understood

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 16:29 - Sep 1 with 2117 viewsAntti_Heinola

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 15:01 - Sep 1 by paulparker

i never said he was Evil I said he was an incompetent, useless, ego maniac , who has built the foundations of QPR on sand and bullsh1t , he will leave us in a worse position than what he found us in that's for sure , if the asset strippers of say a leeds board came a calling he would sell us for his piece of silver no questions, I cant see why people cannot see that

I do take your point on peoples opinions , which is fair do's what I cant understand is the notion that we are better off sticking with Fernades when he quite clearly isn't up to the job, he has been here 6 years nearly and we are in a worse of a state than any od us could ever imagined , we had a real chance to actually build something and lay the foundations for the future of QPR it was never about blowing millions it was about training grounds, academies and leaving a legacy , there has never been a plan A , B or C with tony fernades its all about "it will be alright on the night " lets blag our way through it imo he is just as bad as Thompson, Wright, Paladini and tango & cash although Briatore I think may have had us run like Watford , but that's a different argument for another day

I also don't get this "he backed the managers , so its not his fault " argument either its a pathetic excuse for him
if your going to invest , do your homework, its basic principles , if you buy a car you don't go in and buy the most expensive or listen to the car salesman giving you verbal's , you do your homework, you look around and get opinions that's what he should have done as an owner even a man with limited football knowledge as him would have known that Sandro was a crock yet we blew 8 million on him , he brought in caulker who had problems with drinking, Bosvvanker who couldn't be bothered , Barton who was a loud mouth trouble maker who no one would touch, Andy Johnson who was a cripple, Bobby Zamora with a dodgy hip, and the less said about Zarate the better , is he really that stupid to hand over his money to Harry fckukin redknapp is he really that thick to believe the likes of Kia Joorchabin or willie mackay ? or to think Mark Hughes would take us to the next level
how many millions as a club have we wasted on agent fees , we could most likely bought warren farm twice over

and talking of warren farm as ive said numerous times could you imagine Daniel levy dealing with the dog walkers ,
and if it was held up for so long then look for alternative sites , I just cant believe people are ready to just go its not his fault , its 6 years since he has been here and we still train on a park
we are being run well now not because of him but because we need to , because FFP could kill us , because we have no cash , I still cannot believe fans are so easily duped by him

i was using evil as shorthand for all your other words, soz.

As for whether we're better off or not sticking with Fernandes, no one can say until we have a genuine alternative can we? I'm sure there is a 'better' owner out there. But there are also many who would be hundreds of times worse.

I don't think anyone ever said 'he's backed his managers, it's not his fault' - he clearly has to take some portion of blame. But we can't have it both ways. People go mental when a chairman 'interferes' with a manager, but at the same time go mental if he doesn't interfere enough. Your metaphor with the cars is basically bollox, isn't it? Hughes isn't a salesman, he's his own employee. TF's already done his homework and employed a successful (relatively) manager in Hughes - while I never liked Hughes and it never felt like a good 'fit', he is a manager who did well at Blackburn, ok at City, fine at Fulham and has since kept Stoke mid-table. Solid, but not spectacular, which should have been good enough for us. So, if you want, he's bought his car - Hughes was just supposed to make it run properly. As clive said the other day, the signings we made that summer while there were some dissenting voices over one or two, were seen overwhelmingly by the fan base as good ones. Sandro, agree 100%, but TF is not a fkn doctor. You're blaming the wrong person there, even if TF was naive.

As for comparisons with Levy - well, Levy was stupid enough to hire Redknapp too wasn't he? And he bought a few duds there - £15m he let him spend on Bentley, £8m (!) on Bassong. Krancjar (natch) and so on.
The Levy love is understandable, but every year Spurs have a horrific August, every year Levy leaves it late and ends up spunking £30m on someone like fkn Sissoko or the guy they got this year who has a list of issues as long as Caulker's or Barton's.

As for Warren Farm / Levy comparison - remind me how it went for Levy's campaign to get the Olympic Stadium? And seeing as you bring up facts, let's look at them. Levy took *12* years to get a new training facility for Spurs - a move that was dogged by local residents for years, as ours is. He's taken 18+ years to get a new stadium. And Spurs have huge advantages over us in every department. TF has been here 6 years.
And despite all Levy's canny brilliance, until last season the last time the mighty Spurs finished above Arsenal was the same season we last finished above Arsenal. And what has he won for all his amazing tenure? A League Cup.
*slow hand clap*

Bare bones.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 17:23 - Sep 1 with 2049 viewsonlyrinmoray

Excellent post Antti....far too much common sense though
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 17:41 - Sep 1 with 2016 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I'll always fill uneasy about QPR's ownership until the fans are the majority shareholder, and even then I'm dreading the LFW style bun fights at the board meetings.
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 17:47 - Sep 1 with 2004 viewsfrancisbowles

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 16:29 - Sep 1 by Antti_Heinola

i was using evil as shorthand for all your other words, soz.

As for whether we're better off or not sticking with Fernandes, no one can say until we have a genuine alternative can we? I'm sure there is a 'better' owner out there. But there are also many who would be hundreds of times worse.

I don't think anyone ever said 'he's backed his managers, it's not his fault' - he clearly has to take some portion of blame. But we can't have it both ways. People go mental when a chairman 'interferes' with a manager, but at the same time go mental if he doesn't interfere enough. Your metaphor with the cars is basically bollox, isn't it? Hughes isn't a salesman, he's his own employee. TF's already done his homework and employed a successful (relatively) manager in Hughes - while I never liked Hughes and it never felt like a good 'fit', he is a manager who did well at Blackburn, ok at City, fine at Fulham and has since kept Stoke mid-table. Solid, but not spectacular, which should have been good enough for us. So, if you want, he's bought his car - Hughes was just supposed to make it run properly. As clive said the other day, the signings we made that summer while there were some dissenting voices over one or two, were seen overwhelmingly by the fan base as good ones. Sandro, agree 100%, but TF is not a fkn doctor. You're blaming the wrong person there, even if TF was naive.

As for comparisons with Levy - well, Levy was stupid enough to hire Redknapp too wasn't he? And he bought a few duds there - £15m he let him spend on Bentley, £8m (!) on Bassong. Krancjar (natch) and so on.
The Levy love is understandable, but every year Spurs have a horrific August, every year Levy leaves it late and ends up spunking £30m on someone like fkn Sissoko or the guy they got this year who has a list of issues as long as Caulker's or Barton's.

As for Warren Farm / Levy comparison - remind me how it went for Levy's campaign to get the Olympic Stadium? And seeing as you bring up facts, let's look at them. Levy took *12* years to get a new training facility for Spurs - a move that was dogged by local residents for years, as ours is. He's taken 18+ years to get a new stadium. And Spurs have huge advantages over us in every department. TF has been here 6 years.
And despite all Levy's canny brilliance, until last season the last time the mighty Spurs finished above Arsenal was the same season we last finished above Arsenal. And what has he won for all his amazing tenure? A League Cup.
*slow hand clap*

Brilliant recall of detail and very persuasive comparison.
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 18:25 - Sep 1 with 1972 viewsHunterhoop

I quite like that this thread has basically ended up discussing post modernism.

Very good, LFW. Very good.
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 19:31 - Sep 1 with 1924 viewsWatfordR

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:16 - Sep 1 by PunteR

"What I think you can pretty much guarantee is that a change of ownership would jeopardise all the good work that is currently being done."

Thats just like your opinion man..^
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 10:31]

Yes it is, which is why I started the sentence by saying "I think". That's a way of showing you are expressing an opinion, rather than making a statement.

A statement can be true or false. If it's false, then I believe it is potentially libellous.

Libel is defined as

"a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation."

Much like some of the statements that have been made in this thread. In my opinion.
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 19:47 - Sep 1 with 1904 viewskensalriser

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 17:41 - Sep 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'll always fill uneasy about QPR's ownership until the fans are the majority shareholder, and even then I'm dreading the LFW style bun fights at the board meetings.

We'd fragment into Christchurch Rangers, St Judes and the rump of QPR within a couple of years at most.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 20:07 - Sep 1 with 1868 viewsbaz_qpr

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 19:47 - Sep 1 by kensalriser

We'd fragment into Christchurch Rangers, St Judes and the rump of QPR within a couple of years at most.

I can't see a change of ownership, remember we have our foot firmly in the door with Old Oak http://www.oaklandsregeneration.co.uk , what we've seen in the last 4 or 5 years is a firm establishment of the club as part of the local community, outside of football. Its a long term play politically, take away the financial mishaps of the past the club has firmer foundations than ever before. You can't account for the local pressure group re training facilities
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 21:05 - Sep 1 with 1804 viewsPunteR

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 19:31 - Sep 1 by WatfordR

Yes it is, which is why I started the sentence by saying "I think". That's a way of showing you are expressing an opinion, rather than making a statement.

A statement can be true or false. If it's false, then I believe it is potentially libellous.

Libel is defined as

"a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation."

Much like some of the statements that have been made in this thread. In my opinion.

Behave mate, its was partly in jest.
I still like to think of this forum as talking to other QPR fans down the pub.
If you think anything i said or paulparker is libellous than feel free to take it further.
Im sure Clive has good lawyers..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 21:31 - Sep 1 with 1779 viewsWatfordR

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 21:05 - Sep 1 by PunteR

Behave mate, its was partly in jest.
I still like to think of this forum as talking to other QPR fans down the pub.
If you think anything i said or paulparker is libellous than feel free to take it further.
Im sure Clive has good lawyers..

Yeah I assumed it was tongue in cheek, and there hasn't been anything said on here that would cause me a problem.

However, I'm not the one being called an egomaniac and being accused of all sorts of other things
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 22:49 - Sep 1 with 1745 viewsPunteR

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 21:31 - Sep 1 by WatfordR

Yeah I assumed it was tongue in cheek, and there hasn't been anything said on here that would cause me a problem.

However, I'm not the one being called an egomaniac and being accused of all sorts of other things

We're going slightly off topic which is a good indication the threads run its course but im assuming PP and others on here who are fed up of the way our club has been run recently are not the ones tweeting TF directly and giving him pelters directly. This message board is a good way to vent off some anger and frustration at the way QPR has been run recently.
If PP or me or Planet H hadnt posted about TF on here we probably wouldnt have had excellent posts from Danehoop or Dorse or others giving their side .

Why does PP have to write IMO everytime he writes something?? Of course its his opinion..
None of us are privy to the actual facts, nobody knows what really is going on in TF head.
For example dane assumes TF is now a QPR fan!.. really??
He's a west ham fan. Fact. Unless of course he is now a QPR fan.. who knows.?
Its been a good discussion though with plenty to think about. We all want whats best for QPR and at the moment we seem to be going in the right direction no thanks to TF (IMO). Or maybe it is thanks to TF for monumentally ballsing things up??

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 23:00 - Sep 1 with 1733 viewsSimonJames

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 22:49 - Sep 1 by PunteR

We're going slightly off topic which is a good indication the threads run its course but im assuming PP and others on here who are fed up of the way our club has been run recently are not the ones tweeting TF directly and giving him pelters directly. This message board is a good way to vent off some anger and frustration at the way QPR has been run recently.
If PP or me or Planet H hadnt posted about TF on here we probably wouldnt have had excellent posts from Danehoop or Dorse or others giving their side .

Why does PP have to write IMO everytime he writes something?? Of course its his opinion..
None of us are privy to the actual facts, nobody knows what really is going on in TF head.
Its been a good discussion though with plenty to think about. We all want whats best for QPR and at the moment we seem to be going in the right direction no thanks to TF (IMO). Or maybe it is thanks to TF for monumentally ballsing things up??

I've politely tweeted TF on occasions to say things like "Please don't employ Tactics Tim". Nothing wrong with contacting him with your opinion, through one of his preferred mediums, as long as you keep things civil.
But I don't understand how people expect to change someone's mind by ranting at them.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 11:00]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 23:00 - Sep 1 with 1733 viewsdistortR

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 22:49 - Sep 1 by PunteR

IMO, I'm ITK.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024