Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona testing? 21:29 - Apr 20 with 1035 viewsDorsetIan

Does anyone have their ear to the ground about the test numbers?

I was prepared to give Matt Hancock the benefit of the doubt when he said testing would be seriously ramped up, but I think he promised 100,000 tests per day by the end of the month and yesterday's number was 19,000.

Is this going to ramp up next week does anyone know? Because increasing it fivefold in 11 days seems a very big challenge now, and I think testing is going to be key to getting us out of lockdown.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Corona testing? on 21:31 - Apr 20 with 1031 viewsOccasional_Showers

Are you still blaming the 5G phone masts “Ian”?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Corona testing? on 21:33 - Apr 20 with 1028 viewsDorsetIan

Corona testing? on 21:31 - Apr 20 by Occasional_Showers

Are you still blaming the 5G phone masts “Ian”?

What?

Corona testing? on 21:49 - Apr 20 with 1009 viewsOccasional_Showers

Corona testing? on 21:33 - Apr 20 by DorsetIan

What?

5G masts “Ian”, have you moved on from them?

Corona testing? on 21:57 - Apr 20 with 1002 viewsDorsetIan

Corona testing? on 21:49 - Apr 20 by Occasional_Showers

5G masts “Ian”, have you moved on from them?

We only got 4G in my area last year, and it took a long campaign (much like your crispy duck boycott) to get it. I would love 5G, but I fear it will be a few more years yet before its in these parts.

What does this have to do with Corona testing?

Corona testing? on 22:00 - Apr 20 with 996 viewsOccasional_Showers

Corona testing? on 21:57 - Apr 20 by DorsetIan

We only got 4G in my area last year, and it took a long campaign (much like your crispy duck boycott) to get it. I would love 5G, but I fear it will be a few more years yet before its in these parts.

What does this have to do with Corona testing?

Very good “Ian”, how do you do It?

Corona testing? on 22:08 - Apr 20 with 987 viewsDorsetIan

Corona testing? on 22:00 - Apr 20 by Occasional_Showers

Very good “Ian”, how do you do It?

I think you may have had too many sherbets this evening? Otherwise these ramblings are a little worrying, even coming from you.

Corona testing? on 22:15 - Apr 20 with 975 viewsSadoldgit

We need to do a lot more testing and contact tracing before lifting lockdown. At some point in the near future hopefully they will sort this out.
Corona testing? on 22:17 - Apr 20 with 965 viewsOccasional_Showers

Corona testing? on 22:08 - Apr 20 by DorsetIan

I think you may have had too many sherbets this evening? Otherwise these ramblings are a little worrying, even coming from you.

Are you having an evening in with Gabby “Ian”?

Login to get fewer ads

Corona testing? on 08:52 - Apr 21 with 860 viewscocklebreath

Corona testing? on 22:17 - Apr 20 by Occasional_Showers

Do you have to ruin every thread?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Corona testing? on 09:02 - Apr 21 with 849 viewsthis_charming_man

Corona testing? on 22:17 - Apr 20 by Occasional_Showers

who is Gabby?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Corona testing? on 09:31 - Apr 21 with 814 viewsJaySaint

unless the testing proves you have had it/immune to it, unsure what mass testing will otherwise achieve..?

those who are pretty ill, get tested...those who are generally ok, dont get tested.
In the meantime, maintain a bit of self control and keep your distance from people

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Corona testing? on 09:34 - Apr 21 with 813 viewsDorsetIan

Corona testing? on 08:52 - Apr 21 by cocklebreath

Do you have to ruin every thread?

I really don't think he can help it. It must be something deeply psychological because it is relentless but also it's the persistence of it - how many times has he been banned from here and yet he never gives up...anyway...

...vile extremist lefties at The Daily Telegraph are now on the story...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/04/20/matt-hancocks-pledge-test-100000

...so we'll see whether there is any more news on this today. The article says that they are still confident of hitting the 100,000 number so there is still hope for Matt Hancock. I fear that he is going to be in serious trouble if he doesn't get within touching distance of this number.

Corona testing? on 09:39 - Apr 21 with 805 viewsthis_charming_man

Corona testing? on 09:34 - Apr 21 by DorsetIan

I really don't think he can help it. It must be something deeply psychological because it is relentless but also it's the persistence of it - how many times has he been banned from here and yet he never gives up...anyway...

...vile extremist lefties at The Daily Telegraph are now on the story...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/04/20/matt-hancocks-pledge-test-100000

...so we'll see whether there is any more news on this today. The article says that they are still confident of hitting the 100,000 number so there is still hope for Matt Hancock. I fear that he is going to be in serious trouble if he doesn't get within touching distance of this number.

so a nonsenses article then. Basically saying they're still confident they'll get to the target but if they dont then Hancock will be critisied. WOW! What insightful journalism.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Corona testing? on 10:01 - Apr 21 with 788 viewsDorsetIan

Corona testing? on 09:39 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

so a nonsenses article then. Basically saying they're still confident they'll get to the target but if they dont then Hancock will be critisied. WOW! What insightful journalism.

Have you seen the names on the top of the article? The Chief Reporter, the Political Correspondent and the Political Editor. Not exactly a piece by a junior reporter.

It looks to me like a story which is setting Hancock up for a fall. When scapegoats are needed later on, the Health Secretary would be an obvious choice.

But the wider point is that they are perhaps worried about these 100,000 tests and are managing expectations now. This govt has made a great play about the fact that it will do what it says it will do, so the pressure to meet this number is going to mount considerably over the next 10 days. Especially given the supposed importance of testing to get us out of the lockdown.

Corona testing? on 10:08 - Apr 21 with 780 viewsDorsetIan

Corona testing? on 09:31 - Apr 21 by JaySaint

unless the testing proves you have had it/immune to it, unsure what mass testing will otherwise achieve..?

those who are pretty ill, get tested...those who are generally ok, dont get tested.
In the meantime, maintain a bit of self control and keep your distance from people

It'll be important when we come out of lockdown to enable us to identify and isolate individual cases quickly.

Random testing will also be important to get real time information about the general level of infection in different areas, so that we can make sure that levels do not increase again. Without this, we have to rely on hospital admissions information which is about 2/3 weeks old in terms of when the people became infected.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024